Search doesn't work in one folder (Outlook 2003)

When the user has placed certain items in a separate folder,
search can't find them. The messages are found when moved to another
folder. The folder's name name is �M (non-ASCII) but renaming the folder
doesn't help.
0
tropp1 (2)

Outlook
Please disregard my previous posting. I am trying to send a Bulk Mailing through Microsoft Outlook using a contact list. I am using the mail merge function on Microsoft outlook but when I get to the end of completing this, I am getting a MAP1 - unspecified error. Has anyone everyone heard of this and now how to fix it? Thanks for your help. Rachel ...

Using the Office 2003 Web Services Toolkit
I was curious about accessing the CRM web services from Excel or Word so I installed the web services toolkit for Office 2003 but when I try to add the web reference for CRM I get... "The Web Service References Tool could not generate the requested code. Any changes that have been made to your project have been rolled back." Has anybody used this successfully? Thanks Greg Still haven't found an answer but would like to if anyone else out there can help. Thanks again Greg gstat wrote: > I was curious about accessing the CRM web services from Excel or Word > so I inst...

Public Folder (phone journal) Freezes
Hi all, I�searching for quite a while for a problem with some public folders. We have some userers with various outlook versions from 2000 to 2007 with the problem that when they are triying to access public folders that are defined as phone journal with a number of 50K + entries they are getting no respone from outlook and outlook freezes... but... the curious thing about that is that not all users are having trouble and even one user (Terminalserver user) had the problem... only sometimes... The Size of the largest public folder where I have trouble with is 150 MB with 69K objects....

Search & replace in formulae

Working with windows media player in access
I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file name, then play that file. I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. On Jan 27, 9:10 am, TOMAC <TO.....

Outlook 2003 Startup
I start Outlook 2003 in the "Today" folder, but it seems to take a long time to start. ALl the rest of outlook loads fast, but this seems to take ages? Any views? Thanks ...

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Why is it so slow to use outlook to view hotmail account?
I am trying Office outlook for my hotmail email account. As I use OE before and it is very fast when I switch between folders. I setted up a hotmail account in office outlook, and It became so slow to show the folder contents when I click the folder, all of email headers in folder "inbox" and "sent items" have been downloaded, and some emails have been read. Please advise me how to make outlook fast working with hotmail or msn email account. ...

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Search engine optimization

BUG: Outlook treats new message window as a dialog box
Applies to: Outlook 2000/2002/2003 (possibly also earlier versions, but not tested) Tested with: OL 2000 on Windows 98 SE OL 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2 SYMPTOMS When Outlook is called externally to create a new message, it will treat the new message window as a dialog box. This has the consequence that the whole application is locked until one disposes of the "dialog box" either by sending the message or closing it. An alternative scenario is such that Outlook is not running, and the call is made to create a new message. In such case, if one attempts to start Outlook, one gets the...

Outlook 2003 multiple issues. Does this thing work?
Had Outlook 2002. Worked fine. Upgraded to Outlook 2003. Now all kinds of problems. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran updates, etc. still no help. Here are problems. 1. Crashed all the time with a ntdll.dll error 2. If I send in Rich Text or HTML format the messages arrive completely blank. 3. Cannot customize any view. The flag column is about the 5th column over and header status is the 1st. I have removed header status and moved flag about 2,000 times and they don't move or go anywhere. Seems they put customize view in there just to give you something to click on so they ...

Telephone Message Area in Outlook
I am unsure of which version of Outlook has the option where you can place telephone messages in which your co- workers/managers can view and edit. Is there a specific add-in required? I know that some companies have this function in Outlook, but I would like to find out if this is a created Form in Outlook or if it is a new option in the newer versions. You could do that in a Public Journal Folder, I suppose. That would require an Exchange server to host it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to dire...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #5
When using Outlook 2000, clicking on Customize Outlook Today doesn't work. I can click the button, but it doesn't take me anywhere. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:dfca01c3efdc$4ee01de0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Jac...

excel VBA

Outlook
I want to add our company logo and simple graphics to the bottom of our email (the signature section) but don't know how to begin. Any suggesstions??? ...

Outlook hang on exit #2
Recently my outlook always hang upon exit. Couldn't find any virus or worm or spyware. What could be the cause? ...

Connecting 2 orgs with SMTP 5.5 to 2003
Im currently doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2k3 migration, this is inter-org. I've got everything sorted apart from 1 issue. In Exchange 2k3 the namespace is the same as 5.5 (domain.com), in exchange 2003 i've made this a non-authorative zone. As i send mailboxes from 5.5 over the ADC as custom recipients this is working like a charm. I've also set an IMC up on 5.5 with the address space domain.local so it can send to 2003. The one problem i have is if anyone replies to someone who has been migrated as they will be replying to migrated.user@domain.com I've tried setting up an IMC for...

Excel 2003 #12
hi.. i have few questions here regarding Excel 2003. what kind of data can be collected by using excel, find the cost of the program, what kind of organization or how large the organization can use excel to benifit thier company. Look for some example of excel program that deal with communication process, such as data entry, track record, order form, generate collect information on product etc. can anyone there tell me all this please? its part of my big project. thanks. Big question! In short, to do all that, I would suggest looking at Access rather than Excel. I find Excel bett...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...