Search by category across all items

I'd like to assign the same category (for example "green") to multiple
kinds of items (message, task, note, etc).  Then I'd like to search
for the "green" category across all of those items. It seems Outlook
will let me search for only green emails, or by green tasks, etc. How
can I search for anything green?  Thanks
0
Marty

You can do this via Advanced Find; CTRL+SHIFT+F

Make sure you set "Look for:" to "Any type of Outlook item" and select the
correct folders to search in.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Marty McDonald" <bladethinker@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to assign the same category (for example "green") to multiple
> kinds of items (message, task, note, etc).  Then I'd like to search
> for the "green" category across all of those items. It seems Outlook
> will let me search for only green emails, or by green tasks, etc. How
> can I search for anything green?  Thanks

0
Roady

How can I recover my lost contacts and categories?
How can I recover my lost MSN contacts and categories using contacts.edb file from my backup? Greetings, Nir has a tool for this: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/live_messenger_contacts.html -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rogerio" <Rogerio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7F5D4B-462C-4869-B32...

Lookup match 2 items
I want to lookup 2 items for a match to enter 3rd item. EPP 2.80 x? want A3 to have a lookup function that matches both A1 and A2 to the array. EPS 1.25 0.5% EPS 1.5 0.5% EPS 1.75 0.5% EPS 2 0.5% EPS 2.25 0.5% EPS 2.5 0.5% EPS 3 0.5% Gcet 3 0.5% Gcet 5 0.5% Rmer 1.5 0.5% Rmer 1.75 0.5% Rmer 2 0.5% Rmer 2.25 0.5% Rmer 2.5 0.5% Rmer 3 0.5% Arcel 1.5 1.0% EPP-B 3.75 2.2% EPP-W 3.75 2.2% EPP-B 2.8 2.3% EPP-W 2.8 2.3% EPP-B 1.88 2.5% EPP-W 1.88 2.5% EPE 2 3.0% EPE 3 3.0% EPP-B 1.3 3.0% EPP-W 1.3 3.0% There'll be a clever way, but for me I'd add a helper col...

How to copy headers/footers across worksheets
Can I copy headers and footers from one worksheet to another in a workbook without copying the entire sheet? Bruce Select the sheet with the header/footer you wnat. Right-click and "Select all sheets". File>Page Setup>Headers/Footers and OK your way out. All sheets will have that setup. DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets after you're done. What is being done to one will be done to all. Could make for some interesting changes<g> Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:19:05 -0800, BruceD <BruceD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy ...

SOP Invoice with Item's image
Hello, I have a request to print item's image at each item line on the SOP Blank Invoice. The image can be either stored on the Item Master's Note (as attachmenet) or on the Internet information - image. Anyone can advice me whether this is possible to be done in Report Writer? If cannot, what are the possible solution? Thanks May Unfortunately this cannot be done in report writer due to dexterity limitation, you will need to use Crystal Report for such operation. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohd...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Cant find committed items
I have a problem in RMS that i am seeing over and over again in the database The common situation i am seeing is my inventory shows quantity on hand as being 1 (or any number for that matter) and committed as being 1. The problem is that quite often I do not know where these items are being commited too. I checked layaways, backorders, workorders etc. but cannot find the item anywhere. Any suggestions would eb appreciated. Thanks, Matt Nashat thanks for your response what you said is true but i forgot to mention that I had already checked the transfers and currently i have no open/u...

Transactions by category report
I am using Money 05 for Small Business. This report has always worked before. Now it attempts to load, then reverts to the home page. I have a seperate file for my brothers accounts and it still work in that file. A category had been incorrectly assigned. The trasactions were reassigned and the incorrect category was deleted. No report. Changing the suspect back to its original state and adding the incorrect category does not help. Repair Money File does not help. Only other possibility was skipping an occurrence of a scheduled bill. Suggestions anyone? Thanks -- Bert I suggest...

How do I compare data across series and categories in the same gra
I have 2 categories of data - production & consumption of energy. within these categories, the data is further broken down into the energy source (eg. oil, gas etc). I want to graph the data in such a way that production and consumption totals are plotted as a time series, with each one showing the contribution from the specific energy sources. Is this possible with any of the default graph types? If yes, which one? If not, can I create a custom graph type? how? Thank you, in advance, for any inputs, advice, suggestions etc. ...

CTreeCtrl and deleting items
Hi, I am having troubles with the CTreeCtrl class. Here is what I do (tested under VC 6, VC .Net 2002 and 2003) : 1. Wizard -> new dialog 2. Add a tree control & add variable for that control (m_ctrlTree) 3. Add a new button and implement the event corresponding to a click on that button with that code : m_ctrlTree.InsertItem( "An item" ); m_ctrlTree.DeleteAllItems(); m_ctrlTree.InsertItem( "Another item" ); With VC 6 everything is well, I see "Another item" in my tree control. However, with VS .Net 2002 and 2003 nothing ap...

Category Issue
Hi Folks! I have a loan that I set up in Money 2004. I set up a budget that takes in account what amount I spend to service the loan each month. The category that the budget function in Money uses is called "Loan: xyz." Okay, after doing that I thought everything was fine and dandy. However, here is the problem: I pay my loan using my checking account. When an entry is made to pay my loan the category that I'm using is "Transfer: Loan: xyz." The problem is, how does the budget know that I have paid the loan when my checking entry is using the "Trans...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

BOM
Hi Folks I have defined a Labour Service Item in my Inventory Masterfile. As it is a service item it does not have a unit cost. I'm needing to use it as part of a BOM. When I do the assembly transaction I would like to cause a recovery to my Labour expense account by having access to the value for the labour item. I can see that for my conventional Sales Inventory items in the BOM the system will use the unit cost of my lot for those items, but my service item is a problem. If you cannot have a cost of that service item pull through onto the BOM, then what use is it to inc...

excel VBA

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Disable listbox items...
I have created a program which contains a listbox with 100+ items. I want to distribute a sample program by disabling approx 90% of the items in the listbox (but allow the potential user/buyer to see them). I have searched the newsgroups and understand I need to create an owner drawn listbox but could not find any sample code that made any sense. Could someone enlighten me with some sample code? Thanks, RAB_Missouri Do it as owner-draw, and draw the disabled items grayed out. Then if the user clicks on one, or double-clicks on one, refuse to deal with it. To do this, you will probably pu...

Category axis scale
Does anyone know how to change the category axis to logarithmic You need to use an XY (Scatter) chart, not a line chart. Assuming your X values are numeric, you can double click on x axis values to get the x axis menu. Select Scale. Logarithmic scale is one of the options - lower part of window. "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:533FD6AE-5C18-429A-8368-95CFAA4190E3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to change the category axis to logarithmic ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...