Search #5

Does anyone know of an alternate search program that searches the Outlook
2007 calendar and email. My Windows Search is no longer working.

0
jangro (136)

There are several listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
but you should fix windows search. Did you try rebuilding the search index?
(Control panel, search options)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"JanG"  wrote in message

Does anyone know of an alternate search program that searches the Outlook
2007 calendar and email. My Windows Search is no longer working.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How do we rebuild Exchange 5.5 from backup??
Hi, we are having troubke rebuilding Exchange 5.5 from tape, we have a server with c (os), d (logs) and e (databases) drives. We ahve built a new server with same drives then run optimizer and moved files to the correct same location as our live server. We then installed SP4 for exchange, stopped the services & deleted the files from the mtadata, mbdata & dsadata folders on all partitions then used veritas backup to restore the most latest files/database. Well no services startup after, we have only managed to do this once, but can't successfully do it now...............

CDialogBar #5
In resource editor I added a CComboBox control to the dialogbar. I created my own class inheriting the CDialogBar. The content of the combo box is defined in the resource file. My intent is to set the text of the combobox to the first entry. The following is the initalization code and I had verified that the program is flowing throught it. LONG cDlgBar::OnInitDialog ( UINT wParam, LONG lParam) { // <-- with these lines. --> BOOL bRet = HandleInitDialog(wParam, lParam); CComboBox* pSubject = (CComboBox*) GetDlgItem (IDC_SUBJECT); pSubject->SetCurSel(1); if (!UpdateData(F...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Exchange 5.5 inside a Virtual Server
Has anyone successfully run Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server install that has been hosted inside the MS Virtual Server running on Windows 2003? Thanks. Mike Ober. On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:56:47 -0600, "Michael D. Ober" <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam> wrote: >Has anyone successfully run Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server >install that has been hosted inside the MS Virtual Server running on Windows >2003? > >Thanks. >Mike Ober. > > Im sure it s possible, just not supported for a production system. ...

How to pre-fix automatic text for all mailboxes in the Exchange 5.5 ?
Hi I am looking to configure a fixed text for all mailboxes when the users send a mail. But I will not use the automatic signature for each mailbox because I have 250 !! Is possible to do it ? My environmet is Exchange 5.5 SP4. Thanks CHV You can, but only for mail that passes throught he IMS. See http://www.mvps.org/exchange/imsappend.htm -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "chv" <chv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3c01c3c581$bb7adbf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am looking to configure a fixed te...

Reconcile #5
What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction? What's the difference between reconciled and cleared? In microsoft.public.money, JD wrote: >What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction? What's the >difference between reconciled and cleared? To me, Reconciled means that not only has the transaction cleared, the transaction makes the balance match what you should have at that point. JD wrote: > What exactly does it mean when I Reconcile a transaction? What's the > difference between reconciled and cleared? Cleared means you received notic...

Exchange 5.5 Fatal Bug
Hello, Apparently, no one at Microsoft has taken notice of the following posts on this newsgroup, all of which reference the same problem: http://communities.microsoft.com/NewsGroups/previewFrame.asp?ICP=3DGSS3&s= LCID=3DUS&sgroupURL=3Dmicrosoft.public.exchange.admin&sMessageID=3D%253C0= d0601c3a546%25247c1dd710%2524a301280a@phx.gbl%253E http://communities.microsoft.com/NewsGroups/previewFrame.asp?ICP=3DGSS3&s= LCID=3DUS&sgroupURL=3Dmicrosoft.public.exchange.admin&sMessageID=3D%253C0= 3f201c3a592%2524f09f0ef0%2524a601280a@phx.gbl%253E http://communities.microsoft.com/...

Search engine optimization

Exchange User Properties on Exchange 5.5
For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settings for authentication). I do see any errors in the event log. Are there any processes that run that can cause such a problem. At about the same time I did see the database was defragging. Thanks EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties >for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settin...

eConnect 7.5 SOP Line Update
Using eConnect 7.5, we are attempting to cancel backordered items for a line item. We currently have an original quantity of 6 with 2 previously invoiced and 4 on backorder. There is also 4 showing in the quantity remaing field. In the taSopLineIvcInsert, we are sending in QTYCANCE = 4; QTYFULFI = 0; QUANTITY = 2; QTYTBAOR = 0 & OTEQTYTOINV= 0. The transaction is erroring out with a 4777 error, but we have accounted for all the conditions that generate the error. My suspicion is the problem lies in the QTYREMAI=4. Since QTYREMAI is not part of the 7.5 taSopLineIvcInsert sch...

Office Test Drive re-installs over Office 10.1.5
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3155982327_82575 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi . . . this happened in reverse order from any of the other Test Drive / full install postings I've found . . . In attempting to restore some Apple-installed software that was corrupted in a hard drive crash on my 12" Powerbook G4 (867mhz, os10.2.8), Office v.X Test Drive was re-installed. Although all of my user data is still intact,...

Run-time error 5
I am running Windows 2000 Professional with Excel 2000. After operating for several months with no problems, I installed several Office 2000 updates. Now every time I close Excel, I get the following message: Title: Microsoft Visual Basic Message: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument Except for this message on closing Excel, everything is operating just fine. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance ...

Critical issue with exchange 5.5 and MyDoom virus
Hello, Here we have a critical issue since Mydoom appeared on the network. Our exchange server is set in order to accept inbound email for few local domains (let's say domain1.com and domain2.com). We are currently receiving emails to fake recipients on our domains such as toto@domain1.com. BUT toto does not exist on our server. So exchange is trying to send a 'non delivery receipt' to the sender or the email. UNFORTUNATLY sometimes the sender's domain or even the sender does not exist. We have : - a file priv.edb which grows by minutes - the databases priv.edb and p...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #5
When using Outlook 2000, clicking on Customize Outlook Today doesn't work. I can click the button, but it doesn't take me anywhere. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:dfca01c3efdc$4ee01de0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Jac...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Connecting 2 orgs with SMTP 5.5 to 2003
Im currently doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2k3 migration, this is inter-org. I've got everything sorted apart from 1 issue. In Exchange 2k3 the namespace is the same as 5.5 (domain.com), in exchange 2003 i've made this a non-authorative zone. As i send mailboxes from 5.5 over the ADC as custom recipients this is working like a charm. I've also set an IMC up on 5.5 with the address space domain.local so it can send to 2003. The one problem i have is if anyone replies to someone who has been migrated as they will be replying to migrated.user@domain.com I've tried setting up an IMC for...

DAO 2.5/3.5
Does some boby can help me find the DAO 2.5/3.5, I m trying to run an old database in an Access 2003 and it wont run without it. Tx, Domingos Junqueira The library is called the Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Layer. It was introduced so Access 95 and 97 could read a database created in Access 2. The current version does not support this layer. Remove the reference, and modify the code so that it does not need the libary. In many cases, you will find that there is only a small amount of code that needs changing, since DAO 3.x does most of it anyway, and even recognises many of...

Exchange 5.5 Permissions #3
Sorry for asking a question on old technology, but just started a new position and need to clean up as best I can before an upgrade is done: The current setup is 2 Windows NT domains with a 2-way trust. Exchange 5.5 SP4 is on Domain A, and User Accounts are on Domain B (Don't know why it was setup this way). I have been unable to backup the Information Store and Individual Mailboxes with access denied errors. The Backup account being used is the Administrator account in Domain B, which I have added with full rights on the site, configuration, and server nodes on the Exchange 5.5 se...

Moving Unix aliases to Exchange 5.5
Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? By Unix aliases do you mean multiple email addresses? Nue "pcgirl" <pcgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8521D3E6-2F11-408E-863B-A9911850D19A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? ...