seach function in Outlook XP

Hi,

Used software: Windows XP (Dutch) or w2k (Dutch and English), Outlook
XP(Dutch), on an Exchangeserver (2002 ?).

When using the search function in Outlook XP there is no result, whether
searching on subject, sender or mail text. There is no result, all mail
disappears. Only by leaving the search field blank all mail shows up again.
The problem appears both with w2k and xp operating systems (English and
Dutch), but only using office xp (Dutch).

Outlook98 worked OK on the same server! By using webmail the problem does
not exist.

(The improved search options should be on of the main advantages of office
XP, according to the advertisements of Microsoft !!)

bjorri

0
bjorri (2)

Outlook Calendar and Appointments with Email Router
Hi -- With the CRM 4.0 Email Router (in look at individual mailbox mode against Exchange) ... Do Appointments started in CRM make it the Exchange Mailbox? What about the reverse direction? (no "CRM for Outlook plugin"). Thanks, --Rich The email router on processes e-mail. To get appointments, tasks and/or contacts into outlook (or exchange) you must install the outlook plugin (and have it running). -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Rich" wrote: > ...

Outlook Filters- Order?
Can someone help me with some info onthe use of outlook's filters. In particular I would like to know if various filters can be set in a order of when they operate?. Or is it that all filters just work together with no precedence ? Also could you tell me if I can get at individual filters or are they all inside *.pst files? David You mean Wizard Rules? (or Rules and Alerts in Outlook 2003) They fire in order from top to bottom. I don't know what you mean by your last question. Could you specify? don't forget to mention your version either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]...

Hyperlink dos not function propery
I have Office 2007 When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work get a sstem message "This operatio has been cancelled due o the restrictions on this computer. Pease contact your system administrator" I am the administrator I have no idea how to solve this problem Help please Rbert "Robert Middleton" <RobertMiddleton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6822D0A-8923-4CC4-BA92-00BAEA7F8BE3@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2007 > When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work > get a sstem message &quo...

Seach for a value in multi-dimensional array in 2005/2008
object[,] siblings = { { "John", 25 }, { "Mike", 30 }, { "Tom", 40 } }; Let say I have a value: string searchString = "Mike"; How do I search for the [searchString] in the array siblings and get the age (in case of Mike, it is 30)? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E7F5C2-88A4-4D32-9F19-4C1DCA61B898@microsoft.com... > object[,] siblings = { { "John", 25 }, { "Mike", 30 }, { "Tom", 40 } }; > > Let say I have a value: > string searchString = "Mik...

Cannot customize Outlook today #2
I have outlook 2000 on some XP pro machines and when they click on customize outlook today nothing happens ...

Public Holiday Import Outlook 2000
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a patch to download the public holidays for 2010 and beyond for a standalone Version of 2000? Many Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do y...

outlook 97 account to outlook 2002 account, how?
From office97 to office xp This seems a bit stupid, but how do I do this? The post office in on another xp machine, (\\gate\Epostoffice\) using outlook 97, this works fine. I have imported the .pst file and the address book, so why the hassle with the account details? Is there a way to export the outlook97 account details, as there seems fewer and totally different options in outlook 2002 V10? OL2002 didn't support MS Mail but you can add it. There's some info here about that: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm "pete" <petefa@f2s.com> wrote in messa...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Outlook Web Access (OWA) #3
When special characters are used in subject line, get "Page Cannot Be Found" error. This was not the case in previous version of OWA. Does anyone know if Microsoft is aware/fixining this issue? Or if there is a patch or workaround? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tom Vaughn" <tvaughn@greyhawk.com> wrote in message news:1e34e01c4552d$1dc474c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >...

Hyperlink in outlook messages
When I recieve a message with a hyperlink, IE opens but it stays blank. Roxio also opens and asks me if I want to install it. I removed roxio and I am still getting the same message. I contacted my OEM and they could not help. Any suggestions? ...

Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?
It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes. If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the compiler throw an error? -- Bruce E. Stemplewski GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS www.stempsoft.com yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should. "Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaGJZhYCFHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > It's been a while since I have written anyt...

Desktop sync local data to Outlook
I am trying to view everyone's Contacts, not just the Contacts I've put in. In the Local Data, I see "My Contacts" configured, I need to know what I have to add to see everyone's Contacts, so that is syncs to my Outlook. Thanks. Rob Within Outlook, Choose CRM --- Local Data. Create a New Data Group and add all contacts to it. NExt time you synchronise you will then get all contacts not just your own. HTH Roger "proactiveit" <proactiveit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C856C06-EA44-461D-ADF5-1FA4F6276295@microsoft.com... >I am...

Outlook 2000
Cannot delete a message from Deleted Items folder. Message has nothing in From section. Outlook closes down. Can anyone help? ...

LINQ Except function
In the following function, when the two xml strings passed in are identical, I get all of the "File" nodes from docRight. I was expecting zero file nodes. I must be using Except() wrong -- can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? public static string FindUniqueOnRight(string xmlLeft, string xmlRight) { XDocument docLeft = XDocument.Parse(xmlLeft); XDocument docRight = XDocument.Parse(xmlRight); var docAddFromRight = from r in docRight.Descendants ("File").Except( from l in docLeft.Descen...

Outlook Contacts always suggests "Custom Form Cannot Be Opened"
Dear All, I have ascertained by searching "Message Class Field" that all contacts in the search come up as found. Therefore I think somehow I have put in place a Custom Form and would like Outlook to go back to using the default / standard form. Thank you for any further Help. Yours sincerely, -- Neil@UK Get http://www.publicshareware.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip and use it to change the message class back to the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Outlook backups
I use Outlook 2003 SP3 under XP Pro SP3 fully patched. Following a recent near-disaster I thought I would backup my Outlook to my second (D:\) disk. But despite me specifying in the backup to use D:\outlookbackup folder, backup always tries to use the default .pst location on the C: drive. Any ideas, please how I may secure my backup data? TIA John Why do you need other software to do this for you? Any reason you can't make a copy of your Outlook data file yourself? That's what everyone else does. -- Russ Valentine "John Nice" <johnDOTniceAT...

time functions
Hello, I have Excel 2007 Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. I cannot find a time format to do this, I keep getting 08:00:00 , etc Also, I want to be able to add 1 hour to a cell value, ie. to calculate cell A2 = A1+1hour. Can I do this ? Thanks for all help K =a1+1/24 or =a1+time(1,0,0) will add an hour. Can you just format the cell as: hh:mm? You may want to explain what failed. KRK wrote: > > Hello, I have Excel 2007 > > Can anyone help please, I want to display times as 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, etc. > > I cannot find a...

Outlook Security #9
"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook" Allow access for ... I receive this message whenever i open a new Mail, i have Office XP with SP3. Is there a way to get rid of this message. Thanks guys -- Regards Walid Natour If you have Adobe Acrobat (not the reader), then try disabling the PDFMaker addin in Outlook. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems "Goldenberg" <walid_natour@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49C11D0E-D0C5-48F6-AA6E-CF164CACA017@microsoft.com... > "A program is trying to access e-ma...

Excel-large function use
how to use LARGE function for all sheets? & how can i know the location of the result of Large Function/which sheet # Regards tawfiqbna@hotmail.com ...

Dll function....undeclared identifier
I am trying to call dll function for my project but whenever i call that function i got error..."undeclared identifier" I have include dlll header file in .cpp file where i am calling that function....how to solve this Is that function/class exported from that DLL? You can use Depends.exe and load that DLL to see what all is exported. Most likely thats the case. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1163731385.312638.80190@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to call dll function ...

outlook express #193
I have outlook express with IE6. I downloaded new oe security update & now all of a sudden I can't go to my deleted folders bin. Everything just locks up, but I can go to all other folers in OE. What could be wrong? Thanks "gail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cc601c425d8$ade3d610$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have outlook express with IE6. I downloaded new oe > security update & now all of a sudden I can't go to my > deleted folders bin. Everything just locks up, but I can > go to all other folers in OE. What could be wro...

New calendar event(s) created in Outlook 2000 and 2003 do not appear in the calendar afterwards
I support approximately 40-50 end users at the installation I am at. These end users use either Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003 as Exchange clients; the Exchange version being used is Exchange 2000. When a user creates a calendar event in Outlook, this event does not appear in the calendar after it has been created. Furthermore, this same event does not appear in other Outlook client's calendars either. Several users at my installation have reported this same problem. I have run one of the Outlook 2000 clients with the /CleanFreeBusy and /CleanReminders switches to no avail, with this prob...

Problem with ISBLANK Function
Hi, I have an Excel 2003 worksheet and I wish to perform certain functions if a range of cells are ALL blank (empty). I am trying to use the ISBLANK function, but am getting varying results. Can the ISBLANK function be used to check a range of cells simultaneously? e.g. =IF(ISBLANK(L11:M21),"Blank","Not Blank") I am using the following formula in Conditional Formatting, and it seems to work fine: =AND(LEFT(L49,1)="G",ISBLANK(L11:M21)) (the first part of the formula looks for a word in L49 beginning with "G", the second part c...

Open - Tools
Hi all When you use the open function, then you have a dropdown called Tools, and here you can pic SEACH. I have upgraded from Excel 2002(XP) to Excel 2003 - maybe it is me, but what worked fine in excel 2002 seams not to be working in excel 2003. What could I be doing wrong or does the function not work ? Thanks, Flemming Works for me okay. Not that I use this much. Specific steps to recreate the problem? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Flemming Dahl" <svineheld@sport.dk> wrote in message news:88d0466f.0411100113.7b61459e@posting.google.com... | Hi all | | When you use the o...

Shared Calendar Function
Hello. I have a small problem with the function of shared calendars of Outlook 2003. I have server with Exchange where there are 4 users. I have in the same view of the calendar, the calendars of 3 users, to whom I will call A, B and C, in addition to my calendar. If I add an appointment in my calendar and add to the other 3 users at appoinment, I do not see reflected in its calendars the appointment that I have added until each one of them logins in his Outlook. Nevertheless, if I directly add the appointment on the calendar of the user A directly, and add to the appointment to the B and to ...