scanpst has caused an error in scanpst.exe

any ideas?. Can't archive or retieve archived files. I
have run the Outlook repair to no avail
0
anonymous (74722)

Nope, not a clue.

However, if you post your Outlook/Windows version, what happened to cause
you to have to run scanpst.exe, and how big your .pst file is, someone might
be able to help.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| any ideas?. Can't archive or retieve archived files. I
| have run the Outlook repair to no avail

0
MillyS1 (1480)

XY Chart Labeler Error Message
I have v6.23 of the XY Chart Labeler loaded. Using the Manual Labeler feature, I type a text label in the window "Enter or Select a Label:" , press enter, and get the following error: Unable to set the Text property of the Data Label class. Can someone help me make this add-in work. Thanks, Phil ...

Error on Changing inventory item currency decimal place
When I tried to change one item currency decimal place from 2 to 5, system pop up message, it says "You can't complete this process while transactions are being edited". But nobody works on the company at that time. I also try to reconcile inventory time, got the same error. What caused the problme? if other people login to other company and working on SO, does it matter? Thank you. Taka Check the DYNAMICS Table SY00800 doesn't have old uncleared locks. Also, it be Users actually have WIndows open at the time. -- Mick "Taka" wrote: > When I tried to c...

error message #101
Yes, this obviously is! -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "David Hamer" <dhhamer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:176dnZeA16LlsNzZRVn-rA@comcast.com... | NOTHING! ...

Multiple Error Messages with Window Mail
Last night, Feb. 22, 2010, I was unable to get into my windows email account and I got this message: your imap could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system. This morning I got into windows email but now I get this message: your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Recently, when I tried to open an email from a friend I got this message: windows mail encountered an unexpected p...

Cannot open any excel file when excel.exe is hidden in Task Manager.
I have about 60 users who are heavy Excel users. Every so often I get a call that they cannot open any Excel file. When I check it out I find that even though they do not have any Excel file listed in the taskbar they do have it listed under processes in the Task manager. When I end task on excel.exe they are then able to use Excel. I have seen this a number of different times, on different computers. Some are running Excel 2000 while others are using Excel XP. It does seem to happen more on XP. It also seems to happen more for people who use a lot of files at once. Does anyone know of...

CRM4 causes Outlook to use 60% or more of CPU on a dual core!
Has anyone seen this. Running dual-core laptop, Vista and Office 2007. tried this with both the full and 'lite' client for Outlook 4. Laptop grinds to a halt when Outlook is running with CRM running - Outlook process taking up 60% or more on both processors. As soon as you disable it, Outlook becomes stable again. Anybody know a resolution - I've raised a case with Microsoft and will post a response if it gets sorted. ...

Checkbook Balance Inquiry screen ERROR if the Month 30 days
When I try to print Checkbook Balance Inquiry screen give this error when the month is 30 days like September and November “Unhandled script exception: Invalid month “30” in date function. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGESCRIPT_CMD_MKDATE” ...

Error Msg: "Server Error in /Reports Application"
New install of CRM 3.0 on 2003 Server. SQL 2005 also on same box. browsing to "http://localhost/reports" shows error message noted in subject line. Title box is "Parser Error" and the content says 'Could not load type MicrosoftReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp' I tried logging in as local admin and domain admin - same error. Using Sql Server Management Studio - logging into "Database Engine" is OK, but receive following error when logging into "Report Services": "Unable to connect to remote server (System)" "No connection could b...

query wizard error
Hi! I need help with a query error. I have an error that comes up everytime i try to edit a query using the query wizard. It says "This query cannot be edited by the Query Wizard". I have rebuilt the actual query using SQL, and deleting the sheet and rebuilding the query in the wizard, and each time I go back to edit it the error comes up again, for an unknown reason. If i don't specify any limitations it runs, but if i specify I only want certain data between 2 dates, it brings up the data requested, but if i go back to edit that query in the wizard it won't let me! I ne...

simple link error
Hi, I just got a small SDK I'm supposed to link to. It includes a .lib file, a .h file, then a .dll file. I included the header, and the library in the project settings. When I go to compile I get this error: C:\SDK\include\sdk.h(41) : warning C4251: 'SDK::m_sErrorMessage' : class 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'SDK' I haven't linked since .net 2003, what else did I have to do to link correctly? Thanks markww wrote: > Hi, > > I just got a small SDK I'm supposed to link ...

my cursor moves while typing causing me to insert information
please help me discover why my cursor jumps on the page Hi pat, If you're using a laptop, it may be because you're brushing the touchpad. If so, try disabling the touchpad while you're typing. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DE751C4-E4DC-4968-81F1-D08B669EA8CA@microsoft.com... > please help me discover why my cursor jumps on the page ...

"Main script: microsoft entourage got an error"

RSS Feeds Error
Anyone know anything about RSS feeds. When I use Windows Live Maill RSS Feeds and press F5 key to get new feeds after about 8 seconds it says an error occurred while updating feeds and I get none of my feeds. This just started yesterday. Before that it worked fine. -- Walt "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:he4pmo$56v$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Anyone know anything about RSS feeds. When I use Windows Live Maill RSS > Feeds and press F5 key to get new feeds after about 8 seconds it says an > error occurred while...

Article on showing Windows style error on MS Access Form
I am building an application with several forms. In the BeforeUpdate event for the form, I will run some data validation routines. If there is an error, I would like to display an error control next to each field containing an error (the exclamation point). The user can then hover over the error control and get an explanation of the error. This is similar to how a normal windows application works. Some time ago, I can recall seeing an article that described the exact technique that I want to use, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me to the article? Many thanks! ...

ntds locale error
hi, I am getting "NTDS (588) NTDSA: Locale ID 0x00002001 (Arabic (Oman) Arabic) is either invalid or not installed on this machine" in my DC's Directory services event log..But my DC's language is English(409)....any idea why the error message is coming?? bm ...

excel.exe application hang in Server 2003 event log
Hi, Just about everyday, I'm getting 1 to3 Application Hang errors (event 1002) in my event log. They are always for excel.exe. Can someone tell me how this happens? Is there a fix? No users have called when this happens. Seems like the app ends task and restarts itself. I'm running O2K SP3 w/ TS on Server 2003. Thanks, Tim Koppenhaver ...

I dont have scanpst.exe folder. How do I add one so I can fix Out
I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt folder. In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder. Is there somewhere I can download this file? Mary It is not a folder but a tool for scanning your pst files for errors. Do a search for scanpst.exe and when you find it go to it and run it with Outlook closed. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mary O" <Mary O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

I Keep getting error message
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Also, I think this may only happen when my Dialup internet connection is connected Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address...

scanpst has caused an error in scanpst.exe
any ideas?. Can't archive or retieve archived files. I have run the Outlook repair to no avail Nope, not a clue. However, if you post your Outlook/Windows version, what happened to cause you to have to run scanpst.exe, and how big your .pst file is, someone might be able to help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | any i...

date format error in cell
I have one cell that for some reason even though the format is set to general, when i put in say 2007-2011 i get a pop up box that says date format error. the issue is that this is the only cell in the entire column with this issue. this is a file exported out of SAP to Excel with VBA code in the background. then we insert two columns next to a date column. so the new columns are picking up that format. what i don't understand is why when i change the format the top cell still doesn't work. any ideas? On Mar 23, 11:07=A0am, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I...

Error during Archiving
Error while archiving folder inbox in store <mailboxname> some items could not be moved, because they have already been moved or deleted I am getting this error while archiving is there any way to get around this issue ...

Error importing package(s)
Here is an example of one component that does not seem to be corrupted but gets an error on import into 8.0. Here is the Component: <Component Name="IV_Item_Number_Lookup" ProductId="0" Object="VBAForm" > VBAForm "IV_Item_Number_Lookup" { Windows { Window "IV_Item_Number_Lookup" { Code "" EventMode "" Fields { } Title "" } Grid "IV_Item_Number_Scroll" { Code "" EventMode "" Fields { } Title "" } } } </Component>...

Program error
I am trying to append the data to an excel file . It worked while running access 2000 but now that it is running in access 2003 it no longer works. rsExcel.AddNew is where it continues to blow up and I was wondering if there might be a work around or maybe just a compatibility issue. cnExcel.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\TEST.xls; Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=YES""", "", "" rsExcel.Open "Select * from TABLE", cnExcel, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic While Not rs.EOF rsExcel.AddNew rsExc...

Using rules to move messages to other PST causes Outlook to hang
Initially found this bug in Outlook 2002, SP2, with Office XP on XP-Pro with SP2. Recently upgraded to Office 2003, with Outlook 2003 on same OS, XP-Pro SP2. Using Outlook with corporate Sendmail POP3 email server. I am required to monitor many newsgroup type mail alias resulting in 50 or so messages received per day that I want to move to another folder. This is easy using rules wizard if the folder is in the same PST file. But if I specify to move the messages to a folder in another open PST Outlook hangs on processing these messages. I want to use another PST file to keep thes...

Auto fill error
if you fill say 500 rows with descending data from 1 to 500 and then the top adjacent row you place 1805, then the next row 1805.2 then 1805.4 then selce those three rows and then double click for excel to autofill by the time its got to roww 110 its decided to stop increment in values of 0.2 and adds in aanother fraction. 109 1826.80000000000 110 1827.00000000001 This has causes me big problems in the past as the new number is no longer divisible by 0.2 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages...