ScanPST does not repair all?

After running ScanPST and fixing errors, I then run the tool again and it is
still finding errors?  Is this normal, how many times do you typically need
to run this?  What is going on behind the scenes that the tool is not fixing
all the errors?  Thanks.

0
albert3569 (90)

How big is the pst file?  RUnning scanpst.exe until it finds no errors is
always the best route.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Al Franz asked:

| After running ScanPST and fixing errors, I then run the tool again
| and it is still finding errors?  Is this normal, how many times do
| you typically need to run this?  What is going on behind the scenes
| that the tool is not fixing all the errors?  Thanks.

0
Milly

I dont have scanpst.exe folder. How do I add one so I can fix Out
I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt folder. In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder. Is there somewhere I can download this file? Mary It is not a folder but a tool for scanning your pst files for errors. Do a search for scanpst.exe and when you find it go to it and run it with Outlook closed. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mary O" <Mary O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Repair OWA folders....
Hi all, Full of shame I come to you guys again.... I screwed up my IIS CAS folders...... AGAIN (I should no better after I f***ed them up in beta 2 also). But ohwell, at least I'm learning more and more about the wonderfull world of E2K7 right? I wanted to add a redirection of the root of my website to the owa folder and IIS changed this setting for all subfolders. Now when I want to access my OWA, it just times out. I tried to revert the settings, but did not have a backup of my IIS metabase... Also when I try to change the settings, some of my folders do not allow me to change back t...

scanpst has caused an error in scanpst.exe
any ideas?. Can't archive or retieve archived files. I have run the Outlook repair to no avail Nope, not a clue. However, if you post your Outlook/Windows version, what happened to cause you to have to run scanpst.exe, and how big your .pst file is, someone might be able to help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | any i...

repair of database
Could someone confirm that repairing an exchange db of 13 GB takes more than 6 hrs ? tnx Guillaume Coign� Hi there. Last saturday I repaired my database and it sizes 9gb. It took almost 5 hrs to repair it on a Double PIII box, so on my experience your DB is doing fine. Hope it helps David "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> escribi� en el mensaje news:3fcf42c6$0$1124$6c56d894@feed0.news.be.easynet.net... > Could someone confirm that repairing an exchange db of 13 GB takes more than > 6 hrs ? > > > tnx > Guillaume Coign� > > ...

ScanPST does not repair all?
After running ScanPST and fixing errors, I then run the tool again and it is still finding errors? Is this normal, how many times do you typically need to run this? What is going on behind the scenes that the tool is not fixing all the errors? Thanks. How big is the pst file? RUnning scanpst.exe until it finds no errors is always the best route. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Al Franz asked...

Where is Scanpst?
I am attempting to clean out users mailboxes because they are too large with spam. Anything over 100 meg and i try to clean it out. However, when i click in the inbox i get a message 'Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in c:... ... outlook.ost. Use inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool see Help.' I guess i don't understand the instructions or what to do here.... charlie On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:32:45 -0500, "charles kuchar" <charliekuchar@news.po...

Inbox repair tool #13
Outlook 2000 sp3 and Win 2000 pro sp4 Outlook is telling me to run the "inbox Repair Tool" on my outlook.pst file. I can not locate the scanpst.exe file on my system by running the Search, Files utility. I did run Scandisk and then Outlook Detect and repair. Any suggestions?? Al Slocumb <aNONO@mchsi.com> wrote: > I can not locate the scanpst.exe file on my system by running the > Search, Files utility. It's usually in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2007
Hello: I am confused about what ScanPST reports as errors and warnings. In my 9GB pst file, scanpst found errors which it itself wasn't able to fix, i run Datanumen Advanced Outlook Recovery, it produced a fixed file, scanpst on it find minor inconsistencies I asked it to fix and then scanpst found errors etc. Can you please give me some insight into what's going on? What are errors / inconsistencies found by ScanPST? Can you recommend any other tool than ScanPST or Datanumen's one? -- Jiri Pik jiri@jiripik.com ...

Compact & Repair, It Works and then It Doesn't... Help?!?
I have run into a problem with the "compact and repair" feature on my Access 2003. Recently I had my PC upgraded and had my IT PC Technician reload Office Professional and all upgrades, so it is current in that department. My PC is part of a distributed network and I access and administer databases across that same distributed network. The problem is that when I try to compact and repair (C&R) my databases I have some mixed results. 1) On my local drives, it works fine. 2) On the network drives/shares I have a problem that the compact and repair works on some dri...

Inbox Repair Tool
Using Windows ME, OL98 Once in a while my OL will freeze after clicking the Send/Receive command. When using the Inbox Repair Tool for the fix, a window asks me which file I want to run it on. Can you tell me which file and where I can find it? There are several Outlook files in the system. Strangely, "inbox repair tool," or any combination of those keywords in OL Help, or Windows Help, doesn't return anything. Thanks, Run it on your pst-file. Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents an...

exmerge and Scanpst
A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it always finds errors it needs to fix. Is this expected ? Andy In news:u$Q8GR$eFHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Andy Cobley <acobley@computing.dundee.ac.uk> typed: > A quick question, whenever I use exmerge to extract a pst file from > Excgange 2003, if I do a check wuith Scanpst (from outlook 2003) it > always finds errors it needs to fix. > > Is this expected ? > > Andy I've never done this, so I can't say. Are you h...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

repair corrupt system files after scannow cmd couldn't repair
I ran the scannow command, but the corrupted files were unable to be repaired. I'm told I need to insert the CD in order to repair them, but my laptop did not come with a Vista CD. Does Microsoft have a recovery cd to download, or is there any way I can repair these files without this CD? Read the documentation supplied with the computer. There is probably away to make a disk. There is nothing you can download. -- .. -- "Keepingitrealtor" <Keepingitrealtor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D544261-72B6-4AD6-8492-3E7D8570448E@microsoft.com...

scanpst.exe
Is not on my system. How do I get it? MS Office 2k pro. Turn on searching hidden/system folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Al Slocumb asked: | Is not on my system. How do I get it? | | MS Office 2k pro. Show hidden is already turned on. Please, it ain't here. How do I get it?? "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@don...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money? #2

Repair & Detect messed up my profile and PST file
I had a problem with FrontPage and had to do the repair & detect option in that program. Now when I start Outlook 2003, a dialog box comes up telling me to create a new profile. How can I fix this problem? I am a single user with the Administrator account (I don't use this one) and then the one that I log into when Windows starts. The only PST file I have is Outlook.pst located underneath. Is there a way I can use my existing PST file without have multiple profiles? Thanks, Mark -- To reply directly, remove the NOSPAM Sure, just make your .pst file the default store for...

i need to repair the office 2007 and i have lost my CD
Due to some system problem my ms word is not working and i am not able to use work and outlook. unfortunate;y i have lost my office 2007 cd so pls adivse me how can i repair it http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246 "Jatin chopra" <Jatin chopra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4145675E-C0CB-467B-ADDC-524058DE0891@microsoft.com... > Due to some system problem my ms word is not working and i am not able to > use > work and outlook. unfortunate;y i have lost my office 2007 cd so pls > adivse > me how can i re...

compact and repair design question
Is it a good idea to place a command button to compact if your splitting the DB and placing on network drive? On Dec 19, 12:42 pm, scott04 <scot...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it a good idea to place a command button to compact if your splitting the > DB and placing on network drive? Unless you really aren't using the tables file of a split db it will need repair and compacting. However you CANNOT do it while any users including the FE of a split DB is linked into the tables. This is particularly true if you follow the suggestion of having a table in the BE file ...

Scanpst.exe #3
I use Outlook2007 on Win XP Pro. Something has suddenly happened to my Outlook pst file, as the last few times I opened Outlook, I got the message that Outlook had not shut down properly, and that Outlook would be scanning my pst file, and that might cause Outlook to slow, until the scanning was completed. (I know that was not the exact wording, but something similiar anyway.) I never did figure out what was causing Outlook to not shut down properly, but now I have lost all my emails that were in my inbasket, with the exception of the emails that were in their own directories. I&#...

xp does not boot after virus cleanup and repair
My xp pro Dell 4550 with a 60 GB IDE hard disk got infected by a virus and would not boot - always got a blue screen during boot. So took out thr hard disk and hooked it up to a laptop using an ide to usb adapter and ran Mcafee virus checker which quarantined quite a few files. I then put thedisk inthre original Dell and tried to repair the installation using a Win XP installation CD. The machine does not boot at all. After POST I get a black screen that remains so for hours. I did a chkdsk /r but that made nodifference. I tried hooking the disk to the laptop again but now it sho...

in box repair tool question
I have a damaged file in outlook. I open the in box repair tool, as the error message instructs. I look for the file that is apparently the problem, again per the error. The file is not there. Just doesn't exist. When I type the name in, it says it doesn't exist. I imagine it is a hidden file. I can I brose through the In Box repair tool and get this file fixed. Thoughts? How did you determine the name and location of the file and what makes you think it is "apparently the problem?" PST file are hidden files. Did you enable the display of hidden files? -- Russ Valentine ...

Cannot compact and repair a database
Hello, We are using Vista and Access 2007. The problem is related to a 2003 database. I have a user who could no longer input information into her database. This was due to the size being over 2GB. She had never done a compact and repair on the database, so we tried to run it - this is where the problem started. When the compact and repair first started, we got the following message: "Cannot open database ". It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt." We clicked OK, and received the same message again. We clicked OK, and it a...

scanpst/not responding
When I try to open an email I get a message the system says "not responding" and suggests I run the scanpst. I do all that and I end up with a file called "recovered folder 8082" instead of my inbox. HOw do I get my inbox back? When you run in these type of corruptions it is better to start with a new pst-file and copy over your contents from the old pst-file to the new one. For step-by-step details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/329 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ O...

How to repair a currupted Excel file?
Hello Everyone... I got a a document & excel file from my professor. It is corrupted in my system. My other class fellows are working on it. My other excel files are working. How can i repair the corruptd excel file? Ravi, Ask your professor for a new copy, or one of your class fellows. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ravi Gupta" <Ravi Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBAA02D8-3333-4CCE-8864-D5247178C01A@microsoft.com... > Hello Everyone... > I got a a document & excel file from my professor. It is corrupted in my > system. My other clas...

what is the difference between scanpst. and detect and repair
Scanpst.exe looks for errors in your .pst file - detect and repair looks for mismatched .dlls, missing files, etc. in your Office installation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, bob asked: ...