SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003 requesting data, freeze

I have two separate clients that are running the new SBS 2003 with XP
workstations running Outlook 2003.

Both randomly  receive the messages:

Outlook is requesting data from the server
Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server

Client 1
Running 2 servers that each has a Dual GHz Xeon w/hyperthreading on with 4
gigs of ram.  One server is running the SBS 2k3 and the other server is
running a Win 2k3 as a terminal server.  They are connected on a 1Gig
backplane.  10 users total.

Client 2
Running 2 servers.  One server has a 2.GHz P4 w/hyperthreading on running
SBS 2k3.  The other server is a 2.GHz P4 running Win 2k3 as a terminal
server.  They are connected on a 100Mb backplane.  2 users total.

Software on both SBS 2k3 systems:
GFI Faxmaker
SAV 8.1
SAV MSE 4.0
Veritas Backup Exec 9.0
Exchange 2k3 (of course)
APC PowerCute Business Edition

Software on both Win2k3 Server systems varies from each client but does
contain:
Office Pro 2k3
SAV 8.1 Client
GFI Faxmaker Client
IE 6

In both client's office's during the day while working from the TS servers
or on local XP machines they will receive either of the above Outlook
messages.  It doesn't seem to matter if the Outlook view has a lot of mail
or objects or if anyone else is even in the system (Terminal Server) the
same time as they are.  It also doesn't matter if they are running other
applications (such as Word, Excel & IE) at the same time.  The hanging seems
to last anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.

Any Idea's?

Jerry.bogart@bdcon.com

Outlook Connector olcon2 doesn't fetch inbox mails, but MAPI interface does
Dear all, After a change of Lotus Note Domino server IP (client version 5.0.9A) form my IP Administrator, the Outlook connector is not more able to fetch emails from Domino Inbox folder. If I send an email to the Domino Outbox folder, the connector works properly adn send the email. If I change the Outlook configuration to use MAPI services instead of Outlook Connector Interface, both inbox fetching and output mail sending works right Any idea ? Thank you Best Regards, Paolo ...

Archiving the Outlook 2003 Calendar
My archive utility seems to be only working sporadically. When I attempt to archive my calendar, sometimes it works and I get a .pst file that is 2,000 kb (+). At other times it creates a .pst file that is only 265 kb in size and contains on data. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I'm asking that it archive items older than the current date (but I've also tried archiving items older than yesterday and had similar results). Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge
http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy the path information to their database/CSV file whatever - simple I think if I sat down a...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Outlook 2002
I am not able to send an away message because the Out of Office Assistant menu command isn't on the Tools menu. I tried to enable the menu command by doing the following: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. There is no "Exchange Extensions" commands. There is an "Exchange Extensions Property Pages", however that was already checked off. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Belsky Out of Office Assistant is an available feature only if yo...

Outlook 2003 hangs when downloading POP3 messages

How do I use my company letterhead in Outlook?
Does anyone know how I import letterhead I created in Word 2003 to use as stationary in Outlook 2003? -- Christina ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #3
I am having a problem receiving certin attachments using Outlook web access 2003 ( owa ) I Can receive .zip , .pdf , and even .rar files with no problems... how ever when i receive an Microsoft Access file ( .mdb ) it says " Access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked: Filename.mdb" This is also happening when I try to receive a .xml file. I have been searching all over for info on this and can't find any... any help here would be greatly appreciated... Our server setup just incase you need it is... Win 2k server running exchange ...

Address Book Not Working With Text Messages Sent By Outlook
Every time I try to send a text message per Outlook, I can type and send the message, only as long as I physically type a person's name in the To box. If I click on the little address book button beside the To box or click on the icon at the top of the message page, I immediately get kicked out of Outlook, and it must restart. Does anyone know what is wrong and how it might be fixed? Thanks, Candy What version of Outlook? What type of email account? It sounds like the address book is corrupt. If you use outlook 2003 or older, try this: go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose Vie...

Excel 2003 Slow
Have any other users of Excel 2003 found it really slow when entering data into cells. I know 2 others users who have the same problem and we are being slowly driven mad with frustration. Is there some option we can deselect somewhere that will speed things up? No comments have come in about this, so I don't know how many others have the same problem I wrote about below a few days ago. However I have found a way round it - to uninstall Excel 2003 and install Excel XP instead. Now I can enter data in cells at my usual speed. I'd still really like to know what causes the slowness ...

outlook hyperlinks
Problem: I can type in a hyperlink in a newly crated email and the text will change colors and underline, just as you would expect a hyperlink to do, the only problem now is that there is no mouseover for the link, outlook just treats it as text. I need to restore the mouse over functionality to hyperlinks in outlook 2003. Things I've tried: Setting default browser to IE, reset all security, web and advanced settings IE to defaults. Ensured that the URL file association is the same on this particular machine as it is on 5 other machines just like it. Saving a copy in the dra...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

how do i import my mail messages from out look express to outlook #2
How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook "cheryl" <cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C07A223-D825-41C1-8B5A-7E75CCC63599@microsoft.com... > How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook Your subject says Mail messages. Which do you want to do? ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Outlook and Office 2003
Outlook hangs when trying to attach files via the paperclip icon and excel and word hang when moving up through the directory structure while I am trying to "open" or "save as". Has anyone come across these problems and are there any fixes/work arounds? I really don't want to reinstall 2000! Thanks Ian Is this from local or network drives? If network drives, pure Microsoft world or are you living in a mixed world of Novell, Unix, .etc and Microsoft? FWIW, I've seen Microsoft Office applications hang in the file open/save dialog and living in a Novell/Mic...

Unable to add an e-mail address to an existing contact in Outlook 2003
When I try to add an address to one of my contacts it dissapears as soon as I enter it and tab to the next field. I've tried "enter" too. I've tried detect and repair, I've looked in newsgroups for a similar problem, but I'm not seeing it. Any help out there for this problem? Thanks, Eric Where are you trying to add it in the contact record? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eric Feinstein <erc1@nospamhotmail.com> asked: | When I try to a...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

Outlook 2002 = No "IMAP Folders" button
Hi - Strange problem. I'm using MS Outlook 2002 (installed from the Office XP for Students & Teachers disc) and trying to set it up to get my university mail (which is an IMAP account). Now, there is supposed to be a button under the Tools menu: "IMAP Folders". Only in my copy of Outlook, there is not. Any thoughts? Did you already set up the IMAP account via Tools | E-mail Accounts? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:da1ee922.0...

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

Outlook 2000. When I send an email with an attachment
the reciepient does not recieve the attachment Are the recipients also using Outlook? If not, make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to them. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "vance" <vjmilne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:025601c360...

data sort of like
Hi experts I like to have a tabel like this This is one 1 This is two 2 This is someother 5 Text 4 that say a text that is assosiated with a number. Then (some where else in the spreedsheet) I like to have a drop down wther I can choose between ("This is one"; "This is two", "This is..."), and depending on the choosen text I will use the assosiated number in some calculations. Is this possible with Excel? e.g. if in the drop down is in cell A5, and there is choosen "This is Two", and in cell A4 says 55 like to write some ...

MSN messenger and Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible to use MSN messenger connect to Exchange 2003, so that staffs can talk to each other witin the Exchange 2003 environment ? If it's possible, how exactly can that be done ? I am trying to find some step by step doco but with no luck so far... Is this setup recommended or it's something that better to avoid ? TIA Steven You can do it with Exchange 2000, but microsoft have shifted it to Live communication server fro 2003. Its like an internal msn. "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSL4s6uJGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...