Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)

I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics
groups.  In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve
graphics that explain or illustrate the text.

O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out
of both formats, of course.

The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the
Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the
rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled
embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming
considering the number of messages I recv that I need to keep in any
given week.

Can anyone advise of a way to deal with this issue?  Tx.

0
StargateFan

You can frag and drop a message out of Outlook into an Explorer window to
save it as a msg-file

Another option is to use Word as the e-mail editor and press Forward. You'll
now have additional saving options.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message
>I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics
> groups.  In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve
> graphics that explain or illustrate the text.
>
> O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out
> of both formats, of course.
>
> The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the
> Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the
> rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled
> embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming
> considering the number of messages I recv that I need to keep in any
> given week.
>
> Can anyone advise of a way to deal with this issue?  Tx.

0
Roady
7/4/2004 10:17:38 PM
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:17:38 +0200, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:

>You can frag and drop a message out of Outlook into an Explorer window to
>save it as a msg-file

Yes, msg is already an available format but not highly portable.  Not
everyone uses O2K, unfortunately.

>Another option is to use Word as the e-mail editor and press Forward. You'll
>now have additional saving options.

Not _that_ is clever.  I tested it and this would do the job.

Now, to find the VBA code that would temporarily switch Word to be the
editor, "reply" to the message to get the sender information and also
invoke Word, and then to save to doc, then to take off Word as the
editor.

Thanks, I'm going to hunt htis down.  Apparently there's a spot on the
web that deals with Outlook vb code.  Perhaps I'll find something
there.

Thank you; I really appreciate the Word tip!

>--
>Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>www.howto-outlook.com
>
>Tips of the month:
>-Backup and Restore
>-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
>-----
>"StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message
>>I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics
>> groups.  In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve
>> graphics that explain or illustrate the text.
>>
>> O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out
>> of both formats, of course.
>>
>> The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the
>> Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the
>> rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled
>> embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming
>> considering the number of messages I recv that I need to keep in any
>> given week.
>>
>> Can anyone advise of a way to deal with this issue?  Tx.

0
StargateFan
7/5/2004 4:47:46 AM
You're welcome! :-)

--

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:17:38 +0200, "Roady [MVP]"
> <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
>
>>You can frag and drop a message out of Outlook into an Explorer window to
>>save it as a msg-file
>
> Yes, msg is already an available format but not highly portable.  Not
> everyone uses O2K, unfortunately.
>
>>Another option is to use Word as the e-mail editor and press Forward.
>>You'll
>>now have additional saving options.
>
> Not _that_ is clever.  I tested it and this would do the job.
>
> Now, to find the VBA code that would temporarily switch Word to be the
> editor, "reply" to the message to get the sender information and also
> invoke Word, and then to save to doc, then to take off Word as the
> editor.
>
> Thanks, I'm going to hunt htis down.  Apparently there's a spot on the
> web that deals with Outlook vb code.  Perhaps I'll find something
> there.
>
> Thank you; I really appreciate the Word tip!
>
>>--
>>Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>>Tips of the month:
>>-Backup and Restore
>>-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>>-----
>>"StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message
>>>I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics
>>> groups.  In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve
>>> graphics that explain or illustrate the text.
>>>
>>> O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out
>>> of both formats, of course.
>>>
>>> The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the
>>> Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the
>>> rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled
>>> embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming
>>> considering the number of messages I recv that I need to keep in any
>>> given week.
>>>
>>> Can anyone advise of a way to deal with this issue?  Tx.

0
Roady
7/5/2004 7:48:27 AM
You can use OutlookExtract www.outlookextract.com. It let you extract the
emails from Outlook and Outlook Express and save them as msg, eml or htm -
txt. Once extracted you can convert the messages to mht or pdf with the
provided tool (EmailExplorer.exe) and with the graphics included.

--
Jaime Ponce de Leon
OutlookExtract

"StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message
> I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics
> groups.  In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve
> graphics that explain or illustrate the text.
>
> O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out
> of both formats, of course.
>
> The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the
> Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the
> rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled
> embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming
> considering the number of messages I recv that I need to keep in any
> given week.
>
> Can anyone advise of a way to deal with this issue?  Tx.

0
Jaime

Cut messages
Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? Thank's in advance Andrea Andrea Racca <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote: > Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. > A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same > configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? > Thank's in advance > Andrea Was this a message from outside/the Internet? Does it show up the same way in OWA? Was this a s...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

SSRS 2008 format on separate lines
In a sql server report 2008, I want a report to show subcategory values as a grouping, but I want not certain how to set it up. The value for state will show up on its own line. The rest of the values under the state, with appear on separate lines, The report would look something like the following: state, record type, status category, sector Nebraksa 15 cat2 ,NE 28 cator5 ,SW 63 statusgo ,N1 Iowa 16 statcat ,DE 28 statblue ,N...

UIThreads, dialogs & messaging problem
In eVC4 .... I've built a CWinthread derived class to display a logon dialog non-modally and it communicates with the main app thread via messaging. So every 30 seconds or so, if the user hasn't been doing anything, a dialog pops up on top of everything else requiring a logon. (Comments on the validity of this mechanism welcome). Calls to show the dialog are made in the Main app as pThread->PostThreadMessage( WM_SHOWME .... ) and handled in the thread ON_MESSAGE( WM_SHOWME , OnShow ) [changed from ON_THREAD_MESSAGE after googling this group about a problem that was fixed in VC7 ...

Conditional Formatting based on month name
I have a sheet where C2 contains the typed text of a month, i.e. February. Range C4:D14 contains actual dates spanning several months. I would like to highlight the cells that contain the month in C2. I've floundered around for several hours without a solution. Any help? P.S. I need C2 to remain text so it won't change until I change it. -- David Try: Select C4:D14 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings as: Formula Is| =AND(TEXT(C4,"mmmm")=$C$2,C4<>"") Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light brown? >...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Format a cell to keep leading zeros.
I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I place them in a cell Excel automatically deletes the leading zeros. Is there a way to format the cell to hold the zeros? Use a custom number format of 000000 or as many zero as you need. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E235622A-98EC-46FB-AFA1-89A8790895C0@microsoft.com... >I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I >place them in a > cell ...

message queues and buffered mouse clicks
Hi, I have a button in an MFC app that executes a lengthy query and I want to disable the button while the query executes. The problem is that mouse clicks over the disabled button are buffered, and are then processed when the button is enabled. Here's my OnBnClickedQueryButton handler. Attempt 1: m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(); So I tried to grab the focus away from the button, but this attempt didn�t work either. Attempt 2: SetFocus(); SetCapture(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryBut...

Save and save as

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

lost pictures in a Publisher document
I recently opened a document created in 2006 and found that all of the pictures I inserted are missing. The correct spacing is there, but no picture. How do I get them back (if possible). Thanks Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cidmar" <Cidmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B89472C-BE72-4F62-BC65-81BA0F761652@microsoft.com... >I recently...

Outlook 2003 keeps setting itself as my default e-mail client
Hello Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and calender" Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thanks manish500@hotmail.com <manish500@hotmail.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other > that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and > calender" > > Still every time I open outlook it resets ...

How to create a pop up window with message?!
Hi, I'm responsible for the introduction of our CRM-tool and to customize the application according to our business processes and requirements. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar in terms of programming and the SDK of CRM 3.0. I just need a simple (?!) event: Before activating (and then closing) a quote I want the Users to fill in a field "Reason" (pick up list with numerous reasons for closing a quote, e.g. price too high etc.). To make sure that the users do not forget this step I would like the system to open a pop-up window with the message "If you want to c...

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format