Saving emails on the server for 2 computers

We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home
edition on them.

Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save
messages on the server until I delete same.  That way I can receive emails
on both computers.

On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the
emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve
them on my desktop in Outlook Express.

So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into,
tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on where to go from
there to save messages on the server.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm not too computer literate.  Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide.

Gerry

0
lorelein (3)

"Whiteboots" <lorelein@rogers.com> wrote in message
> We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP
> home edition on them.
>
> Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to
> save messages on the server until I delete same.  That way I can receive
> emails on both computers.
>
> On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read
> the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot
> retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express.
>
> So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into,
> tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on where to go from
> there to save messages on the server.

Go to the email tab, not data files. then highlight the account and click
"Change". Go to More Settings and then the Advanced Tab.

0
gbplinux (1141)
7/17/2007 7:49:25 PM
Forgot to say I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 on the laptop only Outloook
Express 6 on the desktop and Internet Explorer 7 on both computers.

Gerry

0
lorelein (3)
7/17/2007 7:50:10 PM
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Whiteboots" <lorelein@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP
>> home edition on them.
>>
>> Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to
>> save messages on the server until I delete same.  That way I can receive
>> emails on both computers.
>>
>> On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read
>> the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot
>> retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express.
>>
>> So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone
>> into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on where to
>> go from there to save messages on the server.
>
> Go to the email tab, not data files. then highlight the account and click
> "Change". Go to More Settings and then the Advanced Tab.
>Thank you so much it worked and my wife is so happy now.  I really
>appreciate your quick response.

Gerry

0
lorelein (3)
7/17/2007 9:48:45 PM

> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Whiteboots" <lorelein@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP
>>> home edition on them.
>>>
>>> Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to
>>> save messages on the server until I delete same.  That way I can receive
>>> emails on both computers.
>>>
>>> On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read
>>> the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot
>>> retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express.
>>>
>>> So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone
>>> into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on where to
>>> go from there to save messages on the server.
>>
>> Go to the email tab, not data files. then highlight the account and click
>> "Change". Go to More Settings and then the Advanced Tab.
>>Thank you so much it worked and my wife is so happy now.  I really
>>appreciate your quick response.
>
> Gerry

YW!

0
gbplinux (1141)

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Adding additional users to a client computer
I'm running SBS 2003 R2. I have a number of client computers connected to the server, but each of these has been allocated only one user account. Local reorganisation has led the users to ask if they can be allowed to log into any computer, not just the one they used to. SBS provides a setup computer wizard where you can add a new computer and then add users to it. However this won't work with an existing computer, and I can't find an obvious way of doing this from the server. (I had looked at establishing roaming profiles as a possible way around this, but th...

Sales Process #2
Hi, I have a problem with the opptys/sales process. In the report "Sales Pipeline --> show all" I get all opptys with the sales stage "not specified". Now I am trying to set the sales process and the stepname field by the workflow, but now I cant see this opptys in the report... Any idea? greetings, stefan ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

i cannot send or recieve emails
hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of "send/recieve progress" comes up and says there is a error "shawnte78" <shawnte78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D04ABED-810E-40B5-A6F5-7AF3F5834111@microsoft.com... > hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of > "send/recieve > progress" comes up and says there is a error In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information about your problem. For starters... 1. Type of account you have configured. POP3,...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

mail problem #2
i used sbs03. i had an external pop3 server. i used pop3 connector for connecting to external pop3 mail server and routed that mails to local exchage mail boxwes. it working fine when i retrieve mails. i registered an domain name as example.com my exchange server domain is ns1.example.com when i registered domain i got email address like. sujith@example.com in my exchage i had the mail id as sujith@ns1.example.com when i am sending mails from my exchange outlook it is going as sujith@ns1.smartsoft.co.in address. then when a person who got my mail replies me. my emailid is sujith@ns1.sma...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Saving Images

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

External emails sitting in outbox
Good morning, I've got a really strange issue that I can't get to the bottom of. Basically if I send an external email it will sit in the outbox and not go anywhere, however if I then send another external email it's sent no problem, but the first still sits in the outbox. If I delete the email from the outbox and send another one it just sits in the outbox. Any help would be great. Cheers, Dylan. I've checked the submission queue and it doesn't even look like email is making it that far. "Dylan" wrote: > Good morning, I've got a re...

Unable to type email response in outlook emails
I am unable to type in an email response in outlook. When I begin typing I get very small., small letters and the body of the original email is in the new response screen as very tiny letters and therefor not allowing me to type. Any suggestions? Thanks! Check your zoom settings. See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "sunnynaz...

Duplicate email ID
Hi I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same smtp email add Please Guide Regards Kartik Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is >found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is >there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same >smtp email add >Please Gu...

"Unattainable" savings goals

fax server???
is it possible to make one computer in a network a fax server using win xp, office 2003, and fax/modem. So other computer on the LAN can send and recieve faxes via the modem. If so how to configure windows so other computers can find the fax printer etc.. The Windows XP fax is not shareable. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Ivan asked this group: | is it possible to make o...

Saving default tabs

"Sync Issue
We occasionally get an instance of a 12800 error appearing in the application log. The event appears when backup exec (which is running locally on the server) is trying to backup / process a large message (70 mb) which is in a users' Outlook "sync Issues - Server failures folder. The message contains a large binary attachment. We don't get any other occurances of 12800 errors during other times, so I don;t think that it could be a server memory fragmentation issue. Does any one know of any issues with Exchange 2003 SP1 and large binary attachments? Does any one know o...

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Email Profile Deleted
One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and back on. At that point he launched Outllook but it failed open becuase it could not find his Outllok Profile. The profile was deleted. Anyone see this before or have possible ideas why this would happen? Sean In news:%23la4VVRXHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, SD <smd6169@hotmail.com> typed: > One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according > to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and > back on....