saving emails in outlook

anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items
onto an iomega zip drive?
0
anonymous (74723)

robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items
> onto an iomega zip drive?

Create a new PST.  Copy to it everything you want to save.  Close the PST
and close Outlook.  Copy the PST to the zip drive.  All done.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/1/2004 6:22:06 PM
Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST?
Thnaks

0
anonymous (74723)
10/1/2004 6:30:39 PM
In Outlook, click on File | New | Outlook Data File

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Outlook 2000
Please hear me out and I hope anyone has an answer. There is a guy who sends our company an email with a couple of attachments and at the bottom of the email he has a disclaimer that just says stuff like 'This email is intended for whoever and it is private or whatever' anyways I can open this message up fine and download the attachments or anything he sends. Same with everyone else except for one lady downstairs. She has Outlook 2000 and she can view everyones emails fine EXCEPT from this guy. What happens is the message is nothing more than that disclaimer then there is the...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

Cant open outlook hyperlinks
hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant open embedded hyperlinks in my email states action restricted due to system config see admin i am the admin on this comp and i cant find the way to enable looked in the outlook settings and trust center i feel its a system setting but not strong in that area any help???? "Discdat1" <Discdat1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:449B67E2-01A0-4951-A9D9-D625F7FFD81F@microsoft.com... > hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant > open embedde...

Outlook wont work!
I just bought a new computer that came with a trial version of MS Office 2003. Since I already have MS Office Pro XP, I uninstalled the trial versions and installed my CD. Everything works (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Frontpage, etc..) except Outlook. When I start the program up it says "cannot load default email folders, would you like to open the default system folder instead?" (something to that effect). Outlook then opens My Computer. There's no calendar available, no email....basically it becomes a fancy windows explorer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my co...

i cannot send or recieve emails
hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of "send/recieve progress" comes up and says there is a error "shawnte78" <shawnte78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D04ABED-810E-40B5-A6F5-7AF3F5834111@microsoft.com... > hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of > "send/recieve > progress" comes up and says there is a error In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information about your problem. For starters... 1. Type of account you have configured. POP3,...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

External emails sitting in outbox
Good morning, I've got a really strange issue that I can't get to the bottom of. Basically if I send an external email it will sit in the outbox and not go anywhere, however if I then send another external email it's sent no problem, but the first still sits in the outbox. If I delete the email from the outbox and send another one it just sits in the outbox. Any help would be great. Cheers, Dylan. I've checked the submission queue and it doesn't even look like email is making it that far. "Dylan" wrote: > Good morning, I've got a re...

Unable to type email response in outlook emails
I am unable to type in an email response in outlook. When I begin typing I get very small., small letters and the body of the original email is in the new response screen as very tiny letters and therefor not allowing me to type. Any suggestions? Thanks! Check your zoom settings. See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "sunnynaz...

Duplicate email ID
Hi I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same smtp email add Please Guide Regards Kartik Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is >found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is >there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same >smtp email add >Please Gu...

Outlook vs Outlook express #11
I've been having recurrent problems probably by corruption of my main identity in OE6 and as result of this, crashes have been a common event. I'd like to know if OUTLOOK is more stable in this matter Arturo In news:%23kkhIrIRGHA.5900@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Arturo Meneses <arturo@menesesp.net> typed: > I've been having recurrent problems probably by corruption of my main > identity in OE6 and as result of this, crashes have been a common > event. I'd like to know if OUTLOOK is more stable in this matter > > Arturo That's hard to answer. With your...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

Outlook Express Unsafe Msgs
Hello partners, I need your help. I'm tring to "access"=20 an attachment that was removed by OE saying it was an=20 unsafe atttachment, I found how to do this with Outlook,=20 and it says tha OE does not block it so there are no=20 instructions on how to "un block" but it IS blockes. please help.=20 thank you=20 - Hugo S=E1nchez "Hugo Sanchez" <hugocpp@cox.net> wrote in message news:040201c34da5$f61f87f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Hello partners, I need your help. I'm tring to "access" an attachment that was removed by OE saying it was an unsafe...

Outlook 2003 keeps setting itself as my default e-mail client
Hello Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and calender" Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thanks manish500@hotmail.com <manish500@hotmail.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other > that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and > calender" > > Still every time I open outlook it resets ...

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...