Saving Emails #4

How do you save emails, if you know your computer is
fixing to go kaput!
0
anonymous (74721)

Click on File, Export and create a .pst file copying all
subdirectories. Save it to CD if possible and it can be
imortered onto a new computer...

BB

0
anonymous (74721)
7/8/2004 3:46:07 PM
Better yet, if the original poster is already using a .PST file, he can copy
the file to a safe location, then copy it to his new hard drive or computer
and re-use it in Outlook there.   No need to import and export, and in fact
doing so can cause more headaches than it's worth.

Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of
Outlook data:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:2911801c46502$aed26320$a501280a@phx.gbl,
BigBob wrote:

> Click on File, Export and create a .pst file copying all
> subdirectories. Save it to CD if possible and it can be
> imortered onto a new computer...
>
> BB

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

Entourage doesn't see emails or accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I had to reinstall Office 08 but first I tried to backup Entourages's files - like my emails - so they could be brought back in. I did not export them. I moved my copied files (identities, database, messages, etc.) back into the Microsoft User Data / Office 2008 Identities folder. But when I open Entourage, it's not seeing my accounts or the emails. Why not??? I can't import anything cuz like I said I didn't export. Please help!!! On 1/30/10 9:39 AM, in article 59bb1e57.-1@we...

Advanced Email Options
The options listed below are selected in the Advanced emails options of my Outlook application. - Automatic Name Checking - Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc fields I've sent emails to certain email addresses in the past, and yet when I type part of their email addresses in the To, CC, or Bcc fields, they are not suggested or automatically completed, even when I tab to the next field. Can someone tell me what's causing this and what the fix is? ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

How to send newsletter as HTML email
I can successfully create my newsletter in Publisher, choose to email it as a message, and it shows up perfectly in an email message. But now I have purchased an email program that allows me to paste in HTML to send to a large distribution list of subscribers. I want to copy my newsletter as HTML and send it via this program. I've tried saving the .PUB file as a single file web page (.mht file), then I open that file in my browser, view source, copy and paste the HTML code into my mailing list program and send it as an HTML email. However, when it is received in email, it is missi...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

save as
In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save the same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as" button. Help! Is your Office Button (the "orb" in the top left corner) still blinking because you haven't yet discovered it? Click on it to display a menu; that's where you'll find Save As; -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:952C9EFC...

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

saving emails
I need to reformat my hard drive but don't want to lose all of my emails and my contact list. Short of exporting everything individually, is there any way I can save my Outlook configuration so that everything isn't lost? Thanks! ...

stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process
using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3. there is a stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete. trying to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still trying to delete the message). what's worse is that when syncing, upon reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out as well. I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem to find that message to kill it that way either. I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...

"Email Addresses" tab is not available
I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would be unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment console, right-click, and then "properties"? Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine? Nue "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why th...

Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Problem: creating memory CDC for drawing and saving into BMP object in different color mode
Definition of problem: 1. I have some function Draw(CDC* dc) for drawing smth on CDC object. The body of function is "black box", I won't change it. 2. I need draw it into memory CDC object. Well, following code will do it for me: CDC mydc; mydc.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); // pDC is some display DC CBitmap m_bitmap; m_bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(mydc, width, height); // <- creating an internal bitmap CBitmap* m_pOldBitmap = dc.SelectObject(&m_bitmap); Draw(&mydc); // draw scene ........ do smth with mydc ...... if (m_pOldBitmap) mydc.SelectObject(m_pOldBitmap); The...

Calculations based on 4 possible text strings?
I have this formula that goes into E2 in the first line: =IF(C2<>"",IF(D2="PST+GST",SUMPRODUCT(C2*0.13),"")) which works if the text string PST+GST is found in D2. But I don't know how to branch out from there. There are 4 possible answers to go into D2 which will affect outcome of E2. They are, and I'll list them all including the PST+GST case above: if D2 = text string "PST+GST", E2 = SUMPRODUCT(C2*0.13) if D2 = text string "PST", E2 = SUMPRODUCT(C2*0.06) if D2 = text string "GST", E2 = SUMPRODUCT(C2*0.06) [c...

Run Macro(save workbook) after cell updated
Hello I need a way of saving a workbook after I input something(a user name) into a cell in column A. I have recorded a macro to save the workbook I just need it to run when I update one of the cells. There is a total of 22 worksheets I have to apply this to so f there is a quick way of apply it to all the sheets that would be even better. Thanx Titch -- titch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ titch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31190 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

How can I save Entourage 2008 TASK (To Do) List into MS Word or Excel?
When I had Outlook I was able to save my Task list into MS Word and/or Excel. I can't seem to do that with Entourage 2008. What do I need to be able to do so? ...

Duplicate emails in Outlook 2000
I have multiple email accounts set up in Outlook 2000 on my W2K box. One of the accounts is set up to "Leave a copy of messages on server". This basic setup in Outlook hasn't changed for 3 years. This particular account receives a lot of email, as much as 10,000 per month. At the end of the month, the email file on the server (sendmail, Linux) is backed up, and a new file is started. Here's the problem: Recently (last couple of weeks) Outlook has not been keeping track of messages that have already been received. Every couple of days, it will receive the entire file ...

Where do I find the email address?
I'm trying to create an email address J&L@JLRX.COM.AU as an SMTP email address to my test user, but the system tells me that the email address already exists. How do I find which of my users has that email address? Exchange 2003. -- | +-- JDMils | There are loads of ways - I detailed some of them here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "JDMils" <admin@jdmils.com> wrote in message news:OiXOb9mcGHA.4312@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to create an...

can not send email with an image
i wanted to send an email to multiple contacts with an image that can be seen at the body part of the email. so i created an email template but could not add the image file to the body of the email. since i could not attach the file, i opened the image file with internet explorer and i drag and dropped the image on the email template. it looked all right. the image can be seen on the template. but when i sent it. the recipient could see no image but the red x sign. any solution for sending this type of image based emails from crm? regards, orkun If you are mailing outside your organizatio...

Publisher XP changes formatting after I save and exit next time I open file.
Last year I wrote a 400 page book. Started writing in Word Perfect 10, then bought Microsoft Office, and finally Publisher. I'll spend two or three days on the final layout, save the file, and close the program. Only to open it two days later and see things that should have been on the bottom of page three at the top of page four and pictures out of place through out the document. What am I doing wrong? TIA Mr. Gifford I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thank you MS Publisher On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:15:33 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.c...