Saving Attachments #8

While using Outlook 2000, I opened up a MS Word attachment
and made numeous changes to it while at the same time
continously saving the document with the save disk icon on
the toolbar.  At the end of making my changes and exiting
Outlook I was asked if I wanted to save changes.  Thinking
this is what I had been doing all along, I selected no.
When I went back into the attached document, my changes
were not visible.

Did I lose all the changes I had made or is the document
lurking in an altenate hidden location?

Thanks.

Blase
0
anonymous (74721)

"Blase" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While using Outlook 2000, I opened up a MS Word attachment
> and made numeous changes to it while at the same time
> continously saving the document with the save disk icon on
> the toolbar.  At the end of making my changes and exiting
> Outlook I was asked if I wanted to save changes.  Thinking
> this is what I had been doing all along, I selected no.
> When I went back into the attached document, my changes
> were not visible.
>
> Did I lose all the changes I had made or is the document
> lurking in an altenate hidden location?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Blase

You did lose all the changes I am afraid!

0
me6 (309)

Uknown error on send attachment.
I have a code in a form command button and a module code to send attachments like .pdf, .doc or other besides an .snp report that is exported previously, but the code does not work, I can't find the reason, can you please take a look at it and advise?.. Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.. Form Code ======================================== Private Sub sendreport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_sendreport_Click If Me.[Path_Loc1] <> "" Then 'Declare file path Dim strfile As String strfile = Me.[Path_Loc1] 'save report as Snap Shot before sendin...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

blank attachment received
we are using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 for both user, One user sent email to the 2nd user, insert an email item as an attachment, when the 2nd user open the mail item attachment, everything is blank, the sender/receipient/CC/Subject/Body message are all blank. anyone can help me to chase out this issue ? server is running Macfee Group Shield plus antispam, but if the server block the attachment it should inform the sender ot receipient, but nobody receive alert message. regards Steve Just stumbled on an odd possibility while researching this issue: User had an auto-for...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

Saving default tabs

Opening Attachments
I am having a problem opeing attachments in email message in Windows Live Mail. According to the instructions you should be able to right click on the attachement and then click on Open and it should open. When I do this nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? It happens with all types of attachment files, pdf, doc, xls, etcl Thanks for any help on this. RB That should work. What happens if you double click an attachment? Also look at Tools (ALT+T), Safety Options, Security. Uncheck the Do not allow attachments to be opened ... -- Mike - http://TechHelp....

Save to unProtect a Document?

Listing Attachments
I would like to be able to insert a list of the attachments for an email, within the email body, so that a recipient can be sure that they have received all attachments. This will also be of benefit, so i can print the email and show a list of the attachments that I have sent. I have seen this done with emails that have been sent to me, but I cant find where to do this in Outlook. Can you help? Outlook does not have the ability to insert the names of attachments in all message formats. You will have to specify the mail message format prior to sending in order for the recipients to ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

send to>mail recipient (as attachments) is grey'd out
using office 2k3 basic, win xppro sp2 and OE 6. All windows updates done. Inside excel and some of hte other office programs, when we go File>send to> - mail recipient works fine - mail recipient (for review) is grey'd out - mail recipient (as attachment) is grey'd out We really need "as attachment" to work as we'd prefer to send files as attachments, not embedded into the email. Any ideas???? Hi Scottatah Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Scottatah" <fingerlickingood_@ho...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...