Save all attatchments in unread messages in one easy step?

Hello,
     I use Outlook 2003 at work for my email.  Everyday I receive about
50 or so messages that contain .pdf attachments.  All the messages come
from the same group of people.  Anyways I must save and rename all of
these these .pdf's every day.  As you can imagine it becomes time
consuming.  Does anyone know if there is a way to just save all the
attachments in unread messages to a specific folder outside of Outlook?
 Currently I have 64 unread messages in my inbox.  Each message has a
..pdf attatchment that I right click>save as.....
     I was looking for an easier way to move all 64 .pdf attachments
without having to right click on everyone of them.  I hope that makes
sense.  Thanks in advance.

0
joelee100 (5)

Here's a snippet that saves all attachments in the selected email.  It could
be modified to loop through all messages in a folder, determine if they are
unread, and then save each attachment with a unique name.

Sub AttSave()
Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim myattachments As Outlook.Attachments
Dim myIndex

Set myItem = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
Set myattachments = myItem.Attachments
myIndex = 1

If myattachments.Count = 0 Then
    MsgBox ("Shoot, there ain't no attachments in the dadgum email you have
highlighted")
Else

ChDir ("C:\")
On Error Resume Next
MkDir (myItem.SenderName)

For Each Item In myattachments
    Item.SaveAsFile "C:\" & myItem.SenderName & "\" &
myattachments.Item(myIndex).DisplayName
    myIndex = myIndex + 1
Next
End If
End Sub

"totallygreen" wrote:

> Hello,
>      I use Outlook 2003 at work for my email.  Everyday I receive about
> 50 or so messages that contain .pdf attachments.  All the messages come
> from the same group of people.  Anyways I must save and rename all of
> these these .pdf's every day.  As you can imagine it becomes time
> consuming.  Does anyone know if there is a way to just save all the
> attachments in unread messages to a specific folder outside of Outlook?
>  Currently I have 64 unread messages in my inbox.  Each message has a
> ..pdf attatchment that I right click>save as.....
>      I was looking for an easier way to move all 64 .pdf attachments
> without having to right click on everyone of them.  I hope that makes
> sense.  Thanks in advance.

0
KePaHa (20)
6/14/2005 6:45:07 PM
Thank you for your reply. Is that a macro that you posted?  If it is
then how would I modify it to loop through all unread messages in my
inbox?  If it is not a macro, then unfortunately i'm not familiar and
am probably not going to be able to figure it out.  Thanks again for
you're help.

0
joelee100 (5)
6/14/2005 8:17:43 PM
You have to identify the folder to search through, then use a For Each...Next
loop to identify whether the Unread property of each is message is set to
True.  If so, then you would send the code into a loop like below to save out
all the attachments.

And, yes, that is a macro below.  There are lots of great books and websites
to learn about Outlook macros, not the least of which is www.outlookcode.com.

hth

"totallygreen" wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Is that a macro that you posted?  If it is
> then how would I modify it to loop through all unread messages in my
> inbox?  If it is not a macro, then unfortunately i'm not familiar and
> am probably not going to be able to figure it out.  Thanks again for
> you're help.

0
KePaHa (20)

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

Cut messages
Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? Thank's in advance Andrea Andrea Racca <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote: > Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. > A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same > configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? > Thank's in advance > Andrea Was this a message from outside/the Internet? Does it show up the same way in OWA? Was this a s...

spreadsheet with several row, looking to view one at a time while.
I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, with the top 2 rows frozen to view as I scroll down the list of rows. I would like to bring the rows to meet the frozen information but it is only letting me see every 3rd row instead of each row one at a time. Thanks How are you scrolling? If I scroll with my mouse wheel I get what you describe, but if I scroll with the right scroll bar/arrows I get one row at a time. HTH Otto "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214FF948-D453-4945-9E47-756A86717ABD@microsoft.com... >I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, w...

UIThreads, dialogs & messaging problem
In eVC4 .... I've built a CWinthread derived class to display a logon dialog non-modally and it communicates with the main app thread via messaging. So every 30 seconds or so, if the user hasn't been doing anything, a dialog pops up on top of everything else requiring a logon. (Comments on the validity of this mechanism welcome). Calls to show the dialog are made in the Main app as pThread->PostThreadMessage( WM_SHOWME .... ) and handled in the thread ON_MESSAGE( WM_SHOWME , OnShow ) [changed from ON_THREAD_MESSAGE after googling this group about a problem that was fixed in VC7 ...

how can I make one DocTemplate as a default open?
Below have two group DocTemplate, as normal, we Open New File, System automatically pop up a dialog with listbox for us to select one of them as open format. How can I set something to make m_p1Template as default open. I don't hope pop up this choice dialog. m_p1Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_LATYPE, RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Wnd), // standard MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS(C1View)); AddDocTemplate(m_p1Template); m_p2Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Wnd), // standard MDI chi...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

message queues and buffered mouse clicks
Hi, I have a button in an MFC app that executes a lengthy query and I want to disable the button while the query executes. The problem is that mouse clicks over the disabled button are buffered, and are then processed when the button is enabled. Here's my OnBnClickedQueryButton handler. Attempt 1: m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(); So I tried to grab the focus away from the button, but this attempt didn�t work either. Attempt 2: SetFocus(); SetCapture(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryBut...

Save and save as

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

How to create a pop up window with message?!
Hi, I'm responsible for the introduction of our CRM-tool and to customize the application according to our business processes and requirements. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar in terms of programming and the SDK of CRM 3.0. I just need a simple (?!) event: Before activating (and then closing) a quote I want the Users to fill in a field "Reason" (pick up list with numerous reasons for closing a quote, e.g. price too high etc.). To make sure that the users do not forget this step I would like the system to open a pop-up window with the message "If you want to c...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

How to audit Message tracking center usage
Hi How can I audit Exchange message tracking usage? I need to know who and when log has been used. - ML On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 01:18:02 -0700, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >How can I audit Exchange message tracking usage? I need to know who and when >log has been used. > >- ML I'm sure you could use something in auditing but I can't think what, primarily because I can't think why. The logs don't actually give you any information that could be regarded as sensitive, there is no content and unless you've enabled it (as...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......