Safe List filter not working

Actually, the JEF was set to 'Safe Lists.' Furthermore, I
have no email addresses in my Contacts folder.  All of
the addresses are in subfolders to the Contacts folder.
That being the case, it should keep everything except
emails from people on the safe lists out of the InBox,
but that's not happening.  Much of the spam is being sent
to the Junk E-Mail box, but not all of it.

Almost all of the spam that is slipping through into my
InBox is coming from my account with pacbell.net.  Might
that have something to do with it ?

If not, does anyone have any ideas ?

Well you are not using the spam filter then.

To use the spam filter go to Tools-> Options-> tab
Preferences-> button Junk
E-mail Filter. Here you can configure the JEF to only use
the safe list.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>I am using Outlook (not Express) 2003 operating under
> Windows XP Professional. I am a consultant, hence, I
have
> several 'Address Book' sub-folders under 'Contacts' each
> containing the names and email addresses of the contacts
> at each client.
>
> I am being inundated with spam.  The only email I want
in
> my InBox are those from people whose addresses I have in
> my Address Book subfolders.  I tried to use a filter
> using the following steps:
> 1) I went to Tools
> 2) clicked on Rules & Alerts,
> 3) clicked on 'New rule'
> 4) selected 'Move message from someone to a folder'
> 5) selected 'Sender is in specified Address Book
> 6) clicked on the highlited word 'Specified'[Address
> Book] in  the 'Step 2' dialog box and highlighted the
> first Address Book sub-folder
> 7) clicked on 'specified' [folder] and selected 'Inbox'
> 8) I clicked through the rest of the procedure, named
the
> rule after the Address Book sub-folder and
> clicked 'Finish'
> 9) I repeated this process for every other sub-folder in
> my address book
>
> Despite these efforts and about 15 'rules' (i.e., one
for
> each Address Book sub-folder), the spam continues to
pour
> into my InBox.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and what I can do to
> get the filter to work, please ?  Thank you.

..

0
anonymous (74722)

Code to Dynamically Filter a Report; Not Working
I’m struggling a bit with some code that dynamically filters elements in a report. I have a form with the following objects: lstCustomer, lstExecBroker, an Option Group named ‘fraTrader’, with three radio buttons; optOption, optCross, optBoth. Also, I have cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3 as well as cboSortOrder1, cboSortOrder2, and cboSortOrder3, all of which control sort order. Finally, here’s the code: Private Sub cmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCustomer As String Dim strExecBroker As String Dim strTrade As String ...

Exchange Mode / Working Offline
What is normal behaivor for Outlook in cached mode and the server becomes unavailable? Specifically, is there a time out that will put Outlook "permanently" into Offline mode? .. ie, the client stops trying to connect and just stays Offline "forever". Anybody know? Or, if easier, what types of events would cause an Outlook 2003 user in cached mode to switch to "offline" mode. We are having an issue where users are calling in that they cannot send or receive emails. It is simply that the client switched to offline mode. Once offline, Outlook never pr...

adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

Filling out list based on other lists
I have a workbook with 3 sheets. Sheet 1 is the design and dimensions where the information is gathered. Sheet 2 is a complete material list with blank quantities. Sheet 3 is lists based lengths and widths that will be gathered on Sheet 1. Here is an example of one of the lists on Sheet 3. Length Quantity 11 24 12 27 13 29 14 31 15 33 16 35 17 38 18 40 19 42 20 44 So on Sheet 1 the Length is entered into a text box. What I need to be able to do is take the Length, say 16, entered into that text box on sheet 1, have it reference this list ...

VC+VFP+ADO+filter
why "filter "attribute not support wildcard "%" in the front,but it is ok for those not prefix with"%": str.Replace(' ','%'); str.Insert(0,'%'); sqlStr.Format("comment like '%s'",str); m_pRecordset->Filter=(_bstr_t)sqlStr; I guess this is by design ....... wild card at the end .... or begining and end "boldeagle" <boldeagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E62484F1-A57C-42B2-A8DB-8C99870C0D56@microsoft.com... > why "filter "attribute not suppor...

Compare two columns with email addresses- doesn't work
Hello, I am trying to compare two columns that contain email addresses. The goal is to identify email addresses that exist in both columns. I tried VLOOKUP, and Countif functions but I can't get them to return any results. I also did a copy and paste special (multiply) to make sure the formatting in both columns is the same. Column A has email addresses of people who read the email (total 168) I sent out, and Column C has all the email addresses (total 1938) it was sent to. Can anyone please help? Thank you! Sandeep 2 Questions, 1. How does your VLOOKUP formula look? 2. What format ...

Mailing lists in Exchange 2003
I want to setup a mailing list in exchange so that the rest of the organization can see it, but I want to assign a staff person to update that list. I know I can setup a distribution list but the list will contain emails that are not from our domain plus I want it shared for everyone to see on the server. How would I go about setting this up? Thank you. =?Utf-8?B?VVJXQQ==?= <mmitchell@urwa.org> wrote in news:9B0BBE41-083C-4E78-9B68-33F0D9FF84B6@microsoft.com: > I want to setup a mailing list in exchange so that the rest of the > organization can see it, but I want to ass...

Range names not working formulas
I am hoping that someone can help me with this problem. I have created several named ranges in excel, I am using excel 2000. Before anyone asks, I selected the range of cells i.e. c2 to c13, clicked in the name box and then typed in a name. Now what happens is when I go to do a simple formula using my named ranges I get the #value! error message. For example I enter the formula as =gas+food Using that format generates the error, but I know the ranges will work because if I do the formula of =sum(gas) or =sum(gas,food) I will get the result. Why won't excel recogonize my formula in...

Global Address List #36
I have an issue [sorry if this is in the wrong place] with my install of ex2k3. Company wide we are using Outlook 2k3 as our client. When a user clicks on the Address Book they get all the details EXCLUDING the SMTP address, instead under the Email heading they get the full X400 details. The users assure me they used to get the SMTP address, and would look up colleagues details to give to clients. I preview the Address Books in ESM and they look fine as do the Filter Rules...in fact they are perfect in their, all of them. Thus my suspicion that it is a client problem [and not my issue]. ...

outlook 200 inbox & task list seem to be linked together
when I accept a task, it is put on my calendar as it should be, but it also remains in my inbox. when I delete it from my inbox, it is also deleted from my task list. any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Ribbon won't work
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. I have a minor problem. Sometimes when I open an Excel document (about 50% of the time) the ribbon will not work. I have found that if I maximize or minimize the screen that the ribbon will then work. So this is not an urgent major problem, but it is not right. I have been working with MS Tech support and they have not been able to get it fixed. Any ideas? -- Thank you ...

is it safe
is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ folders? "mjurado" wrote: > is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ folders? Hi, It is safe, but these uninstallers for the KBs are merely your problem or the HDD/CPU usage hogs. Did you cleaned up other unwanted Applications/Programs to gain Space on your HDD? The downside of removing/deleting these unisntallers folder, you will not be able to uninstall any updates/hotfixes from your computer. HTH nass --- http://www.nasstec.co.uk .. mjurado wrote: > is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ fol...

Import a Spreadsheet Into an Existing Sharepoint List
I am trying to find a way to do the following: Take a 2003 XLS spreadsheet (single tab) and import into a Sharepoint List every Friday, overwriting the entire list, but keeping the column headers and formats/rules in place. As it happens now, I have to "Create" a new list everytime, and as such, I have to redo the colum Headers with each import. Besides using a Data Source option, is there a way to import the spreadsheet into an existing list without affecting the list format, but still overwriting all the data? -- Dawg House Inc. "We live in it, the...

To-Do List hangs
I use Outlook with BCM 2007 running on Windows XP. All have current updates. Clicking on "To-Do List" in the Navigation Pane always causes Outlook to hang. "Tasks" and "Project Tasks" function normally. The "To-Do Bar" task list functions normally (including display of BCM project tasks). This problem started about 2 months ago. In the meanwhile I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled all software (for unrelated reasons). I had hoped the To-Do List problem would be resolved with the reinstall, but it is still there. Any solut...

include users without email into address list
Hello, is it possible to have even users WITHOUT email included in the address list (the best would be global :-)). My users know only their outlooks, but want to search for other's telephone numbers even when they do not have an email address. many thanks Ondra no...only mail-enabled users will appear in the Global Address List. You might want to configure a public folder contacts list and populate that with other names/phone numbers... "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote in message news:OqUIz5uhFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello, > ...

Crash of Excel 2007. Prog. only wil work after manual start in VBA
Dear experts, I have a problem with Microsoft Excel 2007 The problem is in my eyes very weird and it happens only on one PC. Explanation: on identical 2 pc’s I installed 2 identical excel programs with the only difference in the program name ProgPC1 and ProgPC2. for months no problem at all. Last week Thursday 26 Nov PC1 came up with an error when the program was started via an Auto_open macro in VBA. Excel crashed program was repaired an Microsoft received a message. New start of the same repaired programme caused the same problem. Oke, then start the program with pressing dow...

XP When is Safe Mode not Safe Mode?
My apologies if this has been posted. I am not an MS expert, though I have worked with it a long time. I am running XP SP2. I had some services trying to start for which I had deleted the software. Via regedit, I did an export to make a backup of the registry. I then went into the registry to delete some of the service entries. Something went wrong so I ran the regedit import to restore my registry. Ever since then, my XP boots "just fine" except it boots, by default, in a version of Safe Mode. I have my graphical settings. Apache starts. Norton starts and a few others....

drop down list #9
Hello Through Data > Validation, I've created a drop down list for a column to enable the user, when going into the cell , to choose what is listed. They are 3 letter codes. ie. RCC | Royal Caribean Cruise line RML | Royal Mail PCC | Portsmouth City Council When clicking on the down arrow in the cell and seeing the list of codes, is there a way of also being able to see what the code relates to which i've put in a colum along side the colum containing the list of Codes.so that if you don't know the code of the company you can see it in the list and pick it but on...

Cash Flow Report not working properly.
I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe Home Edition for several months. Suddenly, the cash flow report is not including all my bills entered in the bills & deposits section. Any idea why and how to resolve? ...

OWA not working... (Exchange 2000)
One of our Admin deleted our default Website in Internet Service Manager to make some changes and recreated it and since then going to the http://domain/exchange has stopeed working. I notice in Exchange System Manager the Exchange Virtual Server has a Question Mark over it and when I try to configure it, it isays to use IIS service manager to do it, but I am unaware of how to do this. Can Anyone offer some help on how to get the http://domain/exchange to again point to OWA or how I can point anything to OWA so people can access their email on the web again? ANy help is greatly appreciated!...

Hamilton Beach 04290FS General Purpose Odor Removal Filter
Price:$9.99 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000HZHG8M Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000HZHG8M Low cost Febreze odor removal replacement filter for model 04530 / 04531 odor removal appliances- All Purpose carbon filter eliminates odors from bathrooms, closets, diapers, and pet areas. Filter lasts up to 4 months . SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Febreze 04530F Odor Removal Appliance:http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000H0Y4XM Hamilton Beach Febreze 04291F Odor Removal Filter for Tobacco:http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B00...

Safe Senders going to the Junk Mail folder
This just started a couple of days ago. All of my messages from the safe sender list are going to the junk mail folder. I've checked Windows Live Mail and Hotmail to see if any settings have changed there and they all look correct. Any ideas? Thanks! Are the safe senders in your contacts ?(they should only be one or the other but not both). Have you looked in the blocked senders to determine if senders addresses are not being blocked(blocked email addresses are treated as junk) You might clear out all safe and blocked senders and rebuild them accordingly for future inco...

Auto filter by background color.
I use the auto filter all the time. I'm looking to highlight, follow ups, pendings, etc. then be able to use the drop down menu for "all red," "all blue," etc. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It's not easy. Ron de Bruin has developed an addin. Check it out at http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm, bottom of the page. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "infinitodd" <infinitodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010AB00E-C2EE-4AB2-B44D-52D6E00B8FB7@microsoft.com... > I...

last accessed list
is it possible to extend a "last accessed files" list on "file" menu, it is now 9 items long? i would like to have something like "history" in internet explorer. well not exactly so much, but more than 9 for sure. Not on the File menu. But in newer versions of excel (xl2k??, xl2002 for sure), there's a History button on the file|open dialog that shows lots of recently used files. sali wrote: > > is it possible to extend a "last accessed files" list on "file" menu, it is > now 9 items long? > i would like to have somethin...

Junk Senders list is empty, but still filters mail
I'm trying to remove an email address from my Junk Senders list, but the list is empty. Yet the mail from this sender is still being filtered to the Junk Mail folder. How can I remove the filter? ps. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that I'm on Exchange. check the exchange server junk mail settings ... "Paul" <paul.mercer@tnsi.com> wrote in message news:000f01c34ae3$d7b48730$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to remove an email address from my Junk Senders > list, but the list is empty. Yet the mail from this sender > is still being fil...