Run macro through rule

Hi all,

I have a rule setup that puts all my Voicemail emails into a folder
called Voicemail.  Since my voicemails are in WAV format, I want to
convert these into MP3.  My idea to do this was to automatically save
the .WAV file to a specific folder and then have an app that monitors
that folder convert it to MP3 and then email it to me.

The only thing is I can't figure out how to have a rule run a macro.
I have a macro all created that will save the attachment to a specific
folder, but I can't figure out to get it to run via a rule.  Any
ideas?  Thanks.

-Flash

Workflow:

In Outlook:
1.  Message received with voicemail attachment
2.  Move to Voicemail folder
3.  Save attachment to local folder

Separate app:
4.  Convert WAV file to MP3
5.  Email new MP3 file to Blackberry

Should be able to use the "run a script" option in the Rules. See also:
http://www.outlookcode.com/threads.aspx?forumid=2&messageid=6254.

"Flash08" <stuart.karp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a rule setup that puts all my Voicemail emails into a folder
> called Voicemail.  Since my voicemails are in WAV format, I want to
> convert these into MP3.  My idea to do this was to automatically save
> the .WAV file to a specific folder and then have an app that monitors
> that folder convert it to MP3 and then email it to me.
>
> The only thing is I can't figure out how to have a rule run a macro.
> I have a macro all created that will save the attachment to a specific
> folder, but I can't figure out to get it to run via a rule.  Any
> ideas?  Thanks.
>
> -Flash
>
> Workflow:
>
> In Outlook:
> 1.  Message received with voicemail attachment
> 2.  Move to Voicemail folder
> 3.  Save attachment to local folder
>
> Separate app:
> 4.  Convert WAV file to MP3
> 5.  Email new MP3 file to Blackberry

0
test1951 (392)
12/19/2007 11:49:26 PM
On Dec 19, 6:49 pm, "Castell" <t...@test.com> wrote:
> Should be able to use the "run a script" option in the Rules. See also:http://www.outlookcode.com/threads.aspx?forumid=2&messageid=6254.
>
> "Flash08" <stuart.k...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi all,
>
> > I have a rule setup that puts all my Voicemail emails into a folder
> > called Voicemail.  Since my voicemails are in WAV format, I want to
> > convert these into MP3.  My idea to do this was to automatically save
> > the .WAV file to a specific folder and then have an app that monitors
> > that folder convert it to MP3 and then email it to me.
>
> > The only thing is I can't figure out how to have a rule run a macro.
> > I have a macro all created that will save the attachment to a specific
> > folder, but I can't figure out to get it to run via a rule.  Any
> > ideas?  Thanks.
>
> > -Flash
>
> > Workflow:
>
> > In Outlook:
> > 1.  Message received with voicemail attachment
> > 2.  Move to Voicemail folder
> > 3.  Save attachment to local folder
>
> > Separate app:
> > 4.  Convert WAV file to MP3
> > 5.  Email new MP3 file to Blackberry

Thanks.  It looks like I wasn't saving the function in the right
area.  Looks good now tho.

Need only one DLL instance to run...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

Outlook 2003 rule for incoming mails
Hi, lets say I have a contact "John Miller" with the primary e-mail address john.miller@somewhere.com and secondary jmiller@elsewhere.com. I would like to set up a rule which only applies to some of John Millers addresses, but not to others, i.e. if I receive an e-mail addressed to jmiller I would like to forward it or move it to another folder or delete it, but that shouldn't apply to mails sends to john.miller. The problem is, if I setup a definition for that, Outlook overwrites the e-mail address with the "John Miller" contact information and that results in a rule ...

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Money 2002 will not run

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

No macros in 2008

Macro to Find, Cut, and Paste
I have 2 LONG columns that I need to make into MANY. I want to find a word in the active column, cut from that word down to the end and the adjacent cells; then paste them at the top of the next column. and do this for all occurences of that word. I'm confused about the two columns. I'm thinking that you want to break up your list of two columns based on the word in column A. But paste both columns to the adjacent columns. So this: $H$1 $B$1 $H$2 $B$2 $H$3 $B$3 $H$4 $B$4 $H$5 $B$5 $H$6 $B$6 $H$7 $B$7 aaaa $B$8 $H$9 $B$9 $H$10 $B$10 $H$11 $B$11 $H...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Pivot tables and macros
i currently use macros to change some downloaded sales information. unfortunately, the volume always changes and I cannot use a macro for creaqting a Pivot table. When i select cell A1 and hit pivot tabel it automatically selcts the range. In my macro it will only select the actual range i recorded. IS there a way to go around that? Thanks Mike You'll have to edit the macro to create a variable range (alt + F11 will bring up the VB Editor). If, for example, your macro recorded the range as "A1:D4200", you'll want to create a variable to capture the final row, th...

rules wizard #39
Is there a reason I can't cut and paste from and e-mail into the rules wizard? There is so much spma coming with creative spelling , accent marks etc. It would be so much easier to just cut and paste them in the rules wizard. Thanks, RW ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Personal Macro file
How do I stop my Personal Macro file from requesting to be Saved each time I exit Excel? This is very annoying and has just started happening after creating some macros to update data from certain clients. -- Mickey If you put this is a standard module you will no longer be prompted to save changes: Sub Auto_Close() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Or alternatively, this in the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Saved = True End Sub Of course, when you do need to save changes, you must remember on your own. -- Jim "Mikey" <...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Macro Warning #2
I've been working on a payroll spreadsheet, suddenly when I open it, I get the macro warning, but I haven't created any macros. Help? Are you using anything from the control toolbox? regardless, open the workbook, press alt + F11, in the project pane to the left check to see if you have any modules, if so right click it/them and select remove module, answer no when prompted, if there are no modules double click each sheet module and ThisWorkbook, delete whatever code might be in those, press alt + Q to close the VBE and then save the workbook. HTH -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...