Rules Wizard not filtering messages w/out my name in "to" box

I have a rule set up to permanently delete messages that arrive without my name in the "to" box.  It is still putting them in my "in" box as if the rule is not even set.  I made sure the box was checked to activate the rule so that's not the problem.  I get these spam messages daily and I would prefer not to even see them at all.  Any suggestions?  Thank you

0
anonymous (74719)

How to fullfil such effect as Visual Source Safe's Edit Box ?
The VSS's password input box can automaticlly switch the IM to accept english character ,after it get foucs, no matter what the current input method is (for example,use chinese character input metohd ). Best Regards youhua wang ...

How to remove a Windows message from the app's message queue
Hi, Is it possible to remove a Windows message from the application's message queue? In the InitInstance() of my application, I have a mechanism that detects if the application is already running. Now if the application is running and I double-click on the application file type, the application tries to open with the file's path passed as an argument. Since it is already running, the mechanism sends a COPY_DATA message to the already running process to pass the file's path. The newly opened instance is then closed. The problem I'm having ocuurs when I do the followin...

Using MS Access to ODBC 3.0 Filtered views
I seem to be getting an issue seeing the records in FilteredActivityParty table through a linked table in MSAccess. The view is correctly returing 5 records for one Appointment record but they are all the same Filterrecord. When I do the same query in MS Query I get 5 records returned and they are all different. Can anyone can shed any light on this? ...

How do I set up Server Rule to move Emails to a an Exchange 2007 public Folder?
Dear Exchange people, We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange public folder based on words in the emails subject. I set up a rule in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the server and not require Outlook to be open to run it. Would anyone be so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process it? Thanks in...

Outlook2003: Display rules disappear (Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..)
Hi all, Some help needed re rules created in Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..: Those rules disappear randomly and without obvious reason. Some of them move to an other folder, where they are useless. Is there any way to save/restore those rules in order to avoid rekeying everything again and again? Where are they located? Are they accessible? Thanks for your help, Bibif they are stored in views - did you change views on the folder where you lost them? The best way to keep them is to copy the current view or make a new view and set the rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Transfering Messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
I have a customer who is using Windows Live Mail (WLM). He has 142 441 files that take 13.3Gb. He keeps on loosing contacts everytime he quits WLM. In addition, He uses the signature feature to preprogram replies to his emails. With WLM when you reply, they all disappear and only the default signature remains. Finally, everytime he starts WLM, it is very slow because it scans his 142 441 files all the time. So I recommended to use Outlook. However, it is limited to 2Gb when we try to import data from WLM. Can you recommend a solution? -- Christopher Kozely EURL US Info In W...

NDR Attacks... trying to enable Filter Recipients not in AD
I've got all the setting in both my SMTP and Message Delivery Properties but it doesn't seem to be working. I'd rather not restart my server. Is there a service that needs to be restarted to make this work? I've stopped and restarted SMTP with no luck. Spammers should rot in hell for this stuff! Thanks See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html "Tom O." <TomO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:217BF80E-E6E7-4135-B2F7-213265E6A436@microsoft.com... > I've got all the setting in both my SMTP and Message ...

Outlook automatically deleting messages from server
I have a somewhat serious, and VERY annoying problem. Whenever I send e-mail to myself, such as a BCC from my Blackberry, Outlook automatically deletes the message from the mail server. This just recently started happening. I have reviewed all of the rules that I have set-up and even made one the specifically tells it to save mail from me, but it still keeps doing it. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks for your help. Mike F Does this only happen when sending from your Blackberry? If yes, I = would check the configuration of the Blackberry. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Auto Populating & Name Recognition between Worksheets
I have a very large worksheet with alot of information and need some help! I want to create a seperate sheets which allow the name to be recognized in the original worksheet and then auto populate the data into the original worksheet. For example: if I type "Doe, Jane" into worksheet 2, I want it to recognize "Doe, Jane" where it was previosuly entered in worksheet 1 and then have all the data copy into worksheet 1. Does this make since or is it even possible? HELP! -- Leigh Anne Check out some of Ron's articles on creating summary sheets (section is ...

How to disable the "Rules in Error" pop-up in Outlook 2003
Hi all, I used to set dozens of rules for filtering my emails, delete or dispatch them to specific directories and it used to working fine for years till last week. Now, for a reason I ignore (and I have no time to investigate !), I get 10 to 20 "Rules in Error" pop-up per days. The strange thing is the rules seem to work fine anyway because the filtered email are destroyed as requested in the rule. The bad thing is I have to click on the "Close" button if I want the pop-up to disappear. If I have 20 stacked pop-ups and even more (one hundred if I get back from holidays), ...

Macro
Hello: I would like a macro to review rows 7-435 and if Col F = zero, then hide that row so that only rows that contain >0 show at the completion of the macro. I can't add an auto-filter to help acheive this because I already have an auto-filter on a section that is located beneath row 435. Any ideas? thank you! Sub Hide_Zeros_Rows() Dim RngCol As Range Dim i As Range Set RngCol = Range("F7:F435") For Each i In RngCol If i.Value = 0 Then _ i.EntireRow.Hidden = True Next i End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

accumulate filtered records from several sheets to one
I am trying to accumulate all records, from many sheets. that have "Alert" in one column AND/OR "Red" in another to a separate sheet. Any help other than filtering, copy and move would be appreciated. ...

Any way to filter cells with formulas ?
Hi, I need to filter cells with formulas and not to select them , is that possible by a simple or advanced filter ? Thank you . -- gaftalik ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488232 Maybe.... But I think you'll have to expand on what you really want... gaftalik wrote: > > Hi, > I need to filter cells with formulas and not to select them , is that > possible by a simple or a...

Entourage X Junk Mail Filter Fix?
Hi all, With the help of some posts to the group I've figured out an "Entourage has unexpectedly quit" message was related to the Junk Mail Filter being turned on. I remember seeing a link to a MS Knowledge Base article with a patch for Entourage X, but now can't seem to locate it. Was this just a figment of my imagination? We'd sure like to be able to turn the filter back on again! Many thanks, Peter Tomich Waikoloa, HI There is a Knowledge Base article describing the problem and workaround here: <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=837065> Unfortunately, ther...

Outlook 2002 rules details disappear and rule buttons are grayed out
I'm using Outlook 2002. I made a few rules but after I saved them the rule information disappeared. The rule is still listed in the main rules dialog box but when I highlight the rule the Delete, Modify and Rename buttons are grayed out and I can't do anything to the rule. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? BTW - I have many rules that do not have this problem. Thanks, Mark ...

Rules
Is this qualifier specific to the type of email it is being applied to, or does it stop ALL further rule processing? SO, if I had an email from me@myhouse.com, and I wanted all mail form this person that had "Today" in the subject to go to folder_1, but then all other email from me@myhouse.com to go into folder_2, could I: Set up a rule that would stipulate that any email from me@myhouse.com that had "Today" in the subject go to folder_1, also selecting "Stop Processing More Rules", so that I could then have the next rule say that any mail from me@myhouse...

How can I reference data or text within a text box to a cell in Ex
I need to do the opposite of that. A program returns information in text boxes. I need to reference what is already in the text box to a cell. "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > ...

Combo Box Filter according to user log in
Please help me with the following which is driving me insane: In my application, users are required to log in - not using microsoft security. Have table with userid, username, password and level of access allowed per user. (security table) These users will choose items from a combo box to print. The problem lies in restricting each user to print only his / her allowed items (at a record level) from the detail table. So this combo box lists the items found in the detail table on condition that the userid = the user id on the security table for the user logged in at that time. I have ...

Outlook automation
Hi everyone, i've the necessity to create some rules in outlook 2003 from a .NET custom application. if is not possibile, can i import a .rwz file programmatically ? thanks in advance -- Marchi Giuseppe MCP .NET 2.0 - Web Applications MCTS WSS 3.0 - Application Development MCTS MOSS - Administration www.peppedotnet.it Best posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Marchi Giuseppe asked: ...

Exchange Task Wizard no longer displays the mailbox store.
I'm running Exchange 2003 tools on Windows XP sp2, and we're managing an Exchange 2000 install. For some reason, when I try to add mailbox to a user account in ADUC, the mailbox store dropdown list is blank. (Alias and Server fields are populated) This used to work. I've tried installing the 2003 admin tools on a new workstation (minus recent security patches), and still have the same issues. It seems to be network related and not permissions, as I can log on to the Exchange server directly, using the same credentials as my desktop, and the Exchange task Wizard does display the...

Box size is too small
We need to be able to check a box at the bottom of a screen but cannot because all of the box does not show up. Is there a way to make a box bigger so we can see everything in it? Our only options in the top right are ? and X. There is no maximize button. We tried putting the curser on the outside lines of the box to try and drag to make it bigger but was not able to do this. We need help!!! ...

Allow Auto Filter in Protected Sheet
Hi all I'm having a protected sheet and a protected range of cells, I checked "Allow Auto-Filter", but the Auto Filter button is disabled, How can I protect cells of changing it's value but still be able to use auto filter on the protected cells ?. Any help will be greatly appreciated Simon That setting will allow users to apply filters to a table where the AutoFilter is already turned on. However, they won't be able to create a new AutoFilter on the sheet. Simon wrote: > I'm having a protected sheet and a protected range of cells, I checked > "All...

Delay send rule -- too slow #2
I have set my Outlook rules to delay my outgoing mail from being sent by 1 minute, but I have noticed that the delay time is not accurate. Both at my current job and my previous job I noticed that a 1 minute delay actually takes closer to 2.5 minutes to send, and this is a little too long in my line of work. Is there any way to improve the accuracy of the speed at which mail is sent under this rule? Outlook allows only whole numbers in this rule, so you can't, for example, set a 0.5 minute delay. Many thanks. ...

store emails according to domain name
Hello, I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to store my several partners' mail messages. I would like to let the mails be automaticly placed into an appropriate folder based on the sender's or receiver's (for sent items) domain name. The point here is I do not want specify exact email address, only the @domain.com format and I want also store there my replyies and emails sent to them. How? Many thanks Ondra. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to > sto...

Tools to manage rules? debug rules?
Been an Outlook user since early 99. I have now accumulated about 30-40 rules that I use mostly to sort incoming mail, auto-delete certain messages, etc. Is there any way to print out the rules, either the headings or the entire rule? Is there a more convenient way to sort the rules than the limited functionality in Outlook? Is there a way to log or trace how each message is processed by each rule, as a debugging tool? I'm now on Outlook 2003. ...