Rules Wizard #36

I would like to set up a rule that when a message arrives
and the to person is say Bob that is moves it to the Bob
folder...the problem that I have is that in the to Bob
isn't the only name...therefore the message moves to
Bob...Is there a way to move the message to Bob folder
but also keep it in the original folder
0
anonymous (74721)

How do I set up a rule to sort mail by smtp email address?
I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Outlook to move the mail from the seondary smtp address to a separate folder. Is this possible? I really don't want to create another user just to have a separate inbox. thanks, Take a look at WhichAddress application at http://www.ivasoft.biz "Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0d8401c3c675$d82f7d10$a501280a@phx.gbl>... > I have a user with 2 smtp email addresses set up in > Exchange. He would like to set up a rule in Ou...

Server side rule
I need to print certain emails to Network printer. Does anybody have any idea how I could do this? Not with a rule. Maybe with an Exchange event sink. Start at = http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ and ask questions in the = microsoft.public.exchange.development newsgroup. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PAC" <casale@connecttime....

can I back my mail rules
I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule has about 50 spam addresses. Can the rules be backed up? I'd hate to have to make the rules all over again In article <225a01c3bf27$65e545a0$7d02280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule has about 50 |spam addresses. Can the rules be backed up? I'd hate to |have to make the rules all over again | It's a text file called "Junk Senders.txt". (Really!) skip <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2002. My junk senders rule ha...

How to create wizards with direct links to pages
I was wondering if there was a way to create wizards with direct links to pages like is done in the new project wizard in visual studio? Thanks in advance Gary If you are talking about using hyperlinks on the property pages you could do that with any number of available controls. In fact, there is a link control in the new MFC Feature Pack that would do that sort of thing. If you are talking about just jumping from page to page based on clicking a button or link you could do that by calling SetActivePage() to move to any page in the set. If you'd like to do something with a tree...

Rule to delete certain mails after <n> days?
I subscribed to a service that sends me daily status msgs. on a subject. Now - when I was gone for a few days, e.g. after vacations, I find of course several emails from that source in my inbox most of which by then are obsolete and of no interest any more. What I would like to do is define a rule that deletes emails from a certain sender once they are more than, say, 2 days old. Can that somehow be done using Outlook's mail rules? I tried doing that using the rules wizard but found no rule that seemed to fit my bill. Michael No, you can't use rules since they operate on mail when...

How to create a rule to move emails based on a particular domain
Hi, How can I create a rule to move emails based on a particular domain of the email? Ex I want to move all email from @domain.com, but without specifying first or last names In Outlook 2000 I don't see that option in rules wizard. Thanks in advance, Net <javascripting@iwon.com> wrote: > How can I create a rule to move emails based on a particular domain of > the email? Ex I want to move all email from @domain.com, but without > specifying first or last names > In Outlook 2000 I don't see that option in rules wizard. The "with specific words in the sender...

Create Outlook 2000/XP/2003 Rules in Deployment
Hi all, I am writing an Outlook Plug-In that filters all incoming mail for SPAM. So I am trying to figure out how to create an Outlook Rule (to call my code and dll) programmatically. So, does anybody know how to create an Outlook Rule programmatically, or how to copy an Outlook 2000 rule to another computer that is running Outlook 2000, XP or 2003? Thanks John Stratoudakis It's not really practical. While there is a Rule.dll COM component that = you can use with CDO 1.21 (see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/exstech.htm) = to create rules, all it can do is create very simple server-base...

Outlook rules similar to Express
I my POP3 email account has two alias that correspond to two XP logon accounts. I set up two rules in each XP logon for Outlook express to do the following. In A's account 1) if email is not for A or B delete from server 2) if email is not for A leave on server In B's account 1) if email is not for A or B delete from server 2) if email is not for B leave on server So with one POP3 account that has two alias, I setup two seperate virtual email accounts. Now, how do I do this with Outlook! I need rule actions like "delete from server" and "leave on server". ...

I want to create a rule for Outlook via programming
I need to create (actually MODIFY a rule) via VB. I use excel, and I send out emails. I want to trap all emails that are responses from the addresses I sent to. How can I do this? I send out about 150 emails aday, and so I will need to first, check to see if the address is already in the list, second, add it to the list, if it is not already in the list, then I would like to MOVE it to a replies folder Haw can I do this? Also, where can I find info about programming RULES? I am using OL 2002. I would be modifing the RULES from EXCEL (this is where I send out the email) As a second optio...

table tent wizard?
Is there a table tent wizard? Something like; File Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card -- Don Vancouver, USA "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259C30B1-A010-43E7-8E8D-648949B426C8@microsoft.com... > Is there a table tent wizard? There is a folded card selection in the page setup. The setup will print two to a page if you input 4.25 for the width. If each card is different you will need setup a merge for the names. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Diane" &...

Class Names not available in Class Wizard
In Visual Studio 6.0 I have added a .cpp and .h file created in another MFC project to my current project They show up in the class view explorer and in the file window but when I am in Class Wizard the only class name available are the ones created in this project. Is there a way to add these so they will be available in Class Wizard? Delete the .clw file. Then try to use ClassWizard. It will rebuild the file with the names. joe On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:26:06 -0800, "Ward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Visual Studio 6.0 I have added a .cpp and .h f...

How to move standard buttons in VS.NET2003 wizards?
Hi, I can't seem to move the next and back buttons in my CPropertySheet wizard. I can get the window handles in OnInitDlg, but the rectangles are the same for each button. What I really want to do is hide the Help button, and shift everything over. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind - I figured it out. "Curtis" wrote: > Hi, > > I can't seem to move the next and back buttons in my CPropertySheet wizard. > I can get the window handles in OnInitDlg, but the rectangles are the same > for each button. > > What I really want to do is hide the Help butt...

Need rule to move email from one folder to another after 1 month
We recently installed Newforma at our office which moves email out of Outlook and into its own system. This will help people in our office who were having a terrible time archiving email. The one problem I've got with Newforma is that once an email has been moved to it from Outlook I can no longer see the email from my iPhone through our exchange server. What I'd like to do is have a rule set up in my email folders in Outlook to keep the email there for a set time (30 days) and then move them to the Newforma folder which then initiates Newforma moving the email out of Outlook....

migrate .pst to new machine
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions as to how to recover my rules from a .pst file. My machine has died but I still have the data files, and so I am trying to recover them. I am using outlook xp I have tried importing the .pst file using File|Import/Export and have also tried manualyl copying the .pst file. Also tried creating a new profile and selecting the .pst file. However I still end up with an empty rule set. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Tristan. finally fixed it. The problem was i hadn't selected my original pst file as the default storage location after adding it to me new...

rules #53
cant set up rune as message said some thing about http account Rules don't work with HTTP protocol accounts (Hotmail & MSN). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Delegating Exchange admin rights without using the wizard
Environment: Windows 2003 AD approx 2 dozen regional/departmental OUs Exchange 2003 SP2 running in Native mode Single site I need to delegate rights to a group that is responsible for creating user accounts and subsequently the mailboxes to go with them. I have done so suceesfully using the basic available options in the Delegation Wizard in AD. This same group also is responsible for managing the public folders. I had already moved the public folders to a seperate administrative group and again used the Delegation Wizard in Exchange to grant thier access to public fo...

Rules causing outlook to shutdown???
For whatver reason I have narrowed down my problem with MS Outlook 2002 to the use of rules. For some reason when I have a rules setup to forward emails out to people on my work team it will automatically shutdown my Outlook and restart itself. Over and over again. It is very strange, almost like a memory issue, but I do not see how that could be the case. The messages usually get stuck in the outbox and appear to have never been sent but the recipeints receive the messages over an over again, ewach time Outlook shutsdown and restarts??? NEED HELP SO OUTLOOK WILL NOT SHUT ITSELF D...

How do I set a rule to close emails after deleting them from inbo.
Often I open emails and then head back to my inbox and decide to delete them there. If I delete an item from the inbox and have left the item open... I would like to automatically have the item close after I've deleted it from the inbox. Is there a way to do this? InstaBench;111597 Wrote: > Often I open emails and then head back to my inbox and decide to delete > them > there. If I delete an item from the inbox and have left the item > open... I > would like to automatically have the item close after I've deleted it > from > the inbox. Is there a ...

"Move Message" Rule not working fully
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C83F07.B735DAA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have created a rule that moves email messages that I receive with = certain criteria. This is the description of the rule as seen in the = Rules Wizard dialogue box: Apply this rule after the message arrives with '@usengineering.com' or '@psicontractors.com' in the sender's = address move it to the USEngineering folder The problem? The rule is really just making a copy of each m...

Rule to identify a from address
I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to filter mails emanating from a specific address to a folder. I have 2 problems: 1. While I can identify mails coming "through a specific account" but NOT through a specific EMAIL address ... for example an alias belonging to an account! 2. There seems to be no way of MOVING the mail to a folder. The closest ready-made rule is "move a copy to the specified folder". It has been possible to do this for years for years in emails clients like Eudora ... so I cannot believe that this is not possible in Outlook ... Can someone plea...

create specific rules like all emails other than from HOTM...
Ho can i create a rule which would send emails from all ids other than from say XXX@ittme.com to go to office folder & anyother must go to MISC Folder? Create a rule that moves the 'XXX@ittme.com' items to the office folder then create another rules that moves all mail items to the MISC folder. Order them so that the 'XXX' one runs first. Make sure each rule ends in a Stop Processing action also "GG" <GG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9AA9859-ECB9-46BD-897C-0DF0207D972E@microsoft.com... > Ho can i create a rule which would send e...

Checkbox validation rule
Hello, In form view, how do I do a very simple validation rule so that if a checkbox is not ticked, it won't let me move on? Thanks all, Jon in the form's BeforeUpdate event procedure, add If Me!CheckboxName = False Then Cancel = True Msgbox "Checkmark the box, please." End If replace CheckboxName with the correct name of the checkbox control, of course. hth "Jon" <JonMYates@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193571251.446221.217630@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > In form view, how do I do a very simple val...

Outlook Rule and templates
I have create the following rule. Name in to box, reply using template, except if subject = help I have tested this and it works fine although it only replies to an email address once. Is there away of changing this so it replies to every email that is sent? I know this is standard setting but would like to know how to turn this off. Many Thanks. No, the option can't be turned off because it stops message loops. (think if a case where i send you a message and then do the same thing via a rule. you respond to me via the rule and then i respond to you and so on.) If you really want ...

pics don't auto-print using rules.
Outlook 2002 on XP. I have a rule set up to automatically print emails that arrive with certain words in the subject. Works fine except some of the emails contain inserted pictures (digital camera pics of out of state facility) and the pics print as little icons instead of the actual picture. The pictures look fine in the preview pane and when I open the emails. The emails also print fine with all the pictures if I do a manual print. The only thing that DOESN'T work is the auto-rule-printing of the email with pics. We've tried different pic formats too. Jpg, bmp and gif. All pr...

[?] FEED: create some rules
HI, is it possible with WLM to create some rules for the FEED? I would for instance like that to every FEED corresponds a rule that sends me him with an E-mail to xxx@yyy.com I have looked for in all the menus but I don't find this possibility. I apologize me for the English... regard's Anto ...