Rules will not forward to external SMTP email.

Hi,

Since migrating to exchange 2003, we have found that we cannot use the
outlook rules wizard to forward emails to an external address.

The rule works fine if you forward mail to another mailbox internally, but
if you select one of your contacts or type an external smtp address in
directly, nothing ever leaves the exchange server.

This is with Outlook 2000 SP3

any ideas?

thanks

Steve Davis

I don't know E2003 yet (sigh) but in E2k you just need to enable autoforward
to the Internet in Exchange System Manager.

Davis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since migrating to exchange 2003, we have found that we cannot use the
> outlook rules wizard to forward emails to an external address.
>
> The rule works fine if you forward mail to another mailbox
> internally, but if you select one of your contacts or type an
> external smtp address in directly, nothing ever leaves the exchange
> server.
>
> This is with Outlook 2000 SP3
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> Steve Davis

0
lanwench (7567)

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Unable to forward attachments
I'm having problems sending (forward) an attachment with Outlook. I can send an attachment if I send a fresh email but when I forward an email that contains an attachment the recipient doesn't get the attachment. My sent items folder shows the attachment was sent. I'm using WinXP and Office XP. I've tried disabling Norton anti virus but that didn't help. I've searched Google and the Outlook newsgroup and found a lot of people with the same or similar problems but so far I've been unable to find any type of fix. Does anybody have any ideas were to look for more inf...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

smtp anonymous problem
my exchange server is Exchange 2000, I found a strange problem ,when I use outlook express for mail client, I can sent email by any of username in my domain,even if I don't know the password of the username, it means, I can sent email anomymously . I think it is not safe ,maybe some day one of my colleague could send email with my boss's usernme to tell the whole company have a week's holiday,how terrible it is. who can help me to fix the problem? SMTP sux doesnt it? <g> 1. Your mailer should be configured to only accept SMTP connections from your gateways/relays or fr...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

how do i forward an e-mail?
I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep getting. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=hivalley:HVSBS1 What rights do they have in the public folder? "Gloria" wrote: > I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, > but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep > getting. >...

When will there be a "fix" between Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay?
Money 2004 was running smoothly. After downloading the update Money 2005, I could not get into MSN Bill pay, even using internet browser. Support people from MSN Bill Pay told me that somehow the link between Microsoft Passport and MSN bill pay was corrupted by Microsoft Money 2005, after the install of Money 2005. MSN Bill Pay support people told me that THIS IS A BIG problem that happening to many MSN Bill Pay users. They cannot fix it on their side, and Money 2005 must come up with the fix. Any word on the progress of this fix? Thanks, Greg ...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Archiving emails #4
When I archive my "sent" emails, I am not able to sort them by who they were sent to. All of them show up as to me. All of my other archived email works well. I am trying to clean up my C drive on my computer. Thanks for the hlep. Double check the view on the folder to make sure that it is set to "Sent To". (e.g. Under Outlook 2007, it is View > Arrange By > Sent To) "pgandeb" <pgandeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63EF027-DB32-4D06-B8C7-45FD2399D6E6@microsoft.com... > When I archive my "sent" emails, I am...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

When will Money for PPC support Int dates????
Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:OjWJ5L1AFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying. > > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates! > > BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-sprin...

Email activation
I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send an email, I get a message that says something about "No Transport Porvider". I am using Office 2000 and am on cable with comcast. Any help would be much appreciated. gg wrote: > I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new > compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried > shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send a...

SMTP config on an Echange server 2000/2003
Can you setup an exchange server to run smtp only, to be used in a redundancy scenario...the idea being that if the main exchange server goes down, I want to have or put on the network a separate email server that will just collect smtp email until the mail server comes back on line. If the answer is yes...how do you setup the config and are there any articles on the subject. Thanks You don't even need exchange to do that, you can use IIS with SMTP as a smart host. Bascially, the smart host would sit between your exchange Org and the firewall, and act as a passthrough. If exchan...

emails won't get delivered outside of network
My emails lock up Outlook 2000 when trying to send out of the network. Intra-network emails still work. I still receive emails from outside. But emails get stuck in my Outbox. I can only delete the emnails by ogging off the network, retarting the computer and deleting the message. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks ...

BODMAS rule
Hi, Can enyone tel me what the BODMAS rule is in Excel? Exam question and I cant find it in any books. Thanks Ant Ant, Searching Google for BODMAS revealed that it's a mnemonic for precedence of operators (the order of operations, like multiply, add, etc.). http://www.easymaths.com/What_on_earth_is_Bodmas.htm There's also Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, to wit: Parentheses Exponentiation Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ant" <ant.snell@virgin.net...

Forward all incoming mail to an internet address
Is it possible with outlook 2002 exchange 2000 to forward all incoming mail to an internet address, whilst at the same time modifying the subject and from address. Our network allows mail out to the internet if 2 criteria are met. 1. the from address contains the email address of the internet mailbox, which is different to the regular address. 2. The subject line begins with "Internet-Authorised:" I have tried the basic out of office assistant, which can forward mail, but doesn't seem to be able to modify the subject line, or input a from address. You would have to do th...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Using Data Stored on External Drives in 64 bit computer
I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit with Windows 7, will I be able to use the data currently stored on my external hard drives with the new 64 bit computer using Windows 7? Thank you. Hi, On 7 Apr., 18:38, moon <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a 32-bit computer using Windows XP Pro and I have two externaol hard > drives with a lot of important information. When I get a new computer, 64-bit > with Windows 7, will I be able to use t...