Rules not uploading to Microsoft Exchange

I receive an error message " One or more rules cannot be uploaded to Microsoft Exchange and ahve been deactivated. This could be becauase some of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient nspace to store all of your rules".  I dontunderstand as I created one rule and then another - one was applied ok the other wasnt.  please help

How many rules do you have? What version of exchange?
See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/32kb.asp for information on Exchange and
rules limitations.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"michelle1962" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I receive an error message " One or more rules cannot be uploaded to
> Microsoft Exchange and ahve been deactivated. This could be becauase some
> of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient nspace to
> store all of your rules".  I dontunderstand as I created one rule and then
> another - one was applied ok the other wasnt.  please help
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook

0
Diane
4/14/2010 4:51:49 PM
EXCHANGE VERSION IS 2003
I have 108 new rules as they are project and I have had to create a new rule for inbox and sent box separately as I couldnt create a rule that did both boxes for one project.

It seems to be random as after the ones that werent uploaded the next few were ok. :(
108? Wow. That's a lot for Exchange. Are the ones that don't work longer
than the later ones that do work? If you try to upload a long rule and there
isn't space, it fails but their might be space for a shorter rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

> EXCHANGE VERSION IS 2003
> I have 108 new rules as they are project and I have had to create a new
> rule for inbox and sent box separately as I couldnt create a rule that did
> both boxes for one project.
>
> It seems to be random as after the ones that werent uploaded the next few
> were ok. :(
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook/Rules-not-uploading-to-Microsoft-Exchange

0
Diane
4/15/2010 2:17:58 PM
Thanks Diane, I have shortened the name of the rule in 80% of cases that has allowed the other rues to be uploaded.  I have been advised that if we upgrade to Exchange 2007 it has a bigger capacity from 32kb (2003) to 256KB (2007) will this allow me to have lots of rules - or is there a way of creating a rule to apply to the inbox and sent items box at the same time - this would halve my rules.  Michelle
Exchange 2007 or 2010 will increase the limits - that is the only way to get
around the problem.

--

> Thanks Diane, I have shortened the name of the rule in 80% of cases that
> has allowed the other rues to be uploaded.  I have been advised that if we
> upgrade to Exchange 2007 it has a bigger capacity from 32kb (2003) to
> 256KB (2007) will this allow me to have lots of rules - or is there a way
> of creating a rule to apply to the inbox and sent items box at the same
> time - this would halve my rules.  Michelle
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook/Rules-not-uploading-to-Microsoft-Exchange

0
Diane

exchange 2000 SP2 and exchange 2003 SP1
Hello, We have a 2k exchange native org and we would like to move to 2003 in the near future. We started adding some exchange 2003 the the org but we just realized that we still have some exchange 2000 boxes on SP2. Is there a problem if we leave those boxes on SP untill we move everything to 2003? Thanks ...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

Exchange 2003 SMTP timing out error message!!
Hi all, We run a exchange 2003 with SP1 and since we installed it on it's own server (before use to reside on the same server as Active Directory) we have been having this problem. Some people sending us emails have been receiving the following error: "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim). A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 48 hours on the queue on rinka.central.susx.ac.uk. The message identifier is: 1Di74o-0005ht-00 The date of the message is: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:47:18 +...

Microsoft 2007 Excel
I am trying to share a workbook with colleagues. Review/Share workbook/click additional users. Unfortunately, everytime I click additional users, i receive the message - workbook no longer shared. Any thoughts on how I correct? Thanks! -- Patty Patty - did you get an answer to this? I am having the same problem. Thanks. "Patty" wrote: > I am trying to share a workbook with colleagues. Review/Share workbook/click > additional users. Unfortunately, everytime I click additional users, i > receive the message - workbook no longer shared. Any thought...

Unable to open .docx files after conducting March 2010 Microsoft Update
Hello -- I'm running Windows 2000, MS Office 2003 Professional, and Office Compatibility Pack. My system has been running quite stable. In conducting the March Microsoft Updates, it updated with the following files: Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB977724) Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB979771) Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB978474) Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March 2010 (KB890830) After conducting this update, I find that when I attempt to open ...

create a rule for *@domain.dns
hi, i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003. All mails from domain.dns should be moved to a specific folder. but what is the wildcast character? i tried *@domain.dns and @domain.dns as well as domain.dns but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are allowed. but i don't know "all" adresses of that company. So how to create such a rule? thanks for any help on this. Jan Jan Schmidt wrote: > hi, > > i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003. > All mails from domain.dns should be moved to a specific folder. >...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

Exchange Enterprise Edition
I'm approaching the 16GB limit on both my private and public databases (Exchange 5.5). I'm considering going to enterprise edition when I upgrade so that I can go beyond that. Are there any considerations when moving from standard to enterprise? Are hardware requirements the same? Do they upgrade and interact with other (standard) Exchange servers the same? Hello Albert, This will give the database unlimited capacity so you may want to consider the Disk space on the server. You may want to set mailbox size limits for the users also. As far as interacting with Standard edition, t...

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

OWA / Exchange 2000 problem
We are having problems with Outlook Web Access under Exchange Server 2000. The information stores (mailboxes & public folders) were moved from the C: drive to D: on the Windows 2000 server. Everything works correctly as far as user logins and direct Outlook 2003 access to mailboxes and public folders. However, when you use Outlook Web Access remotely, you can see all the contacts and message headers but you can't open an individual email to view the message body. The window pops up as expected but the browser never displays the message. It just sits there with an hourglass. ...

How to force cached mode with Exchange 2003 SP2
I recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2 and want to know how to force certain remote clients into using cached mode. I can't seem to find where this configuration change is made. "Extend server consolidation with optimized cached mode. Administrators now have the ability to FORCE clients into cached mode to help increase the number of active users per server... " On 20 Dec 2005 05:48:58 -0800, "rel" <rlawrence101@yahoo.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2 and want to know how to force >certain remote clients into using cached mode. I...

Exchange 2003 and Symantec Mail Security 4.0
When I tried to do a manual scan on individual user mailbox using Symantec Mail Security 4.0 tools, the mailbox list was not up to date. Some of my user has already left the organization with their mailbox purge away from exchange 2003. But Symantec Mail Security still able to capture it. And some of my new user mailbox was not reflected in the list. Anyone can help me? ...

Daylight Savings Exchange Calendar Update Tool Question
I have watched an MS webcast and read through KB 930879 and both seem to imply that this Exchange Calendar Update Tool treats recurring appointments and single-instance appointments differently. The webcast gave me the impression that the tool will not update single-instance appointments because they contain no time-zone info. The KB article is vague on the other hand, and seems to indicated that the tool WILL update single-instance appointments, but might screw them up??? Quote from the article as an option for how to update user's calendars: "Run the Exchange tool and update...

OWA Access for 2nd Exchange Server
I posted this question on the microsoft.public.exchange.clients newsgroup, but no one seems to be responding so I thought I would try my post here. Here's the question: We have an Exchange 2003 server that currently houses all of our mailboxes for both of our offices and we've been running OWA just great. But to reduce our point-to-point traffic use, we decided to create a 2nd Exchange box to house mail for the other office and put it there. I have the 2nd Exchange box installed. It works great. Mail can be sent to and from it internally and externally. My only problem is that ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
Hello, As a growing company, we're now dealing with the 16GB limit on the Exchange Info Store for SBS2003. In an effort to make sure we never reach that, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive sett...

outlook rules 2002
after you delete a rule, is it possible that it might still be hanging around, although you don't see it? If so how do you clear it totally. joeyzee ...

Urgent questions about Exchange 2003
Hello: 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is installed in my computer? (By a command or C++ code). 2) How could I automatically create a new public folder in MS Exchange 2003? Thanks a lot. Manuel. Code/dev-related issues will get a better response if posted to microsoft.public.exchange.development. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Manu" <Manu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5295DFE-5931-4C29-BF23-70585847268A@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is install...

Long delays on incoming mail (Exchange 2003)
I've recently been having trouble with e-mails being delayed between the outgoing server and ours. There is no trace of the e-mail hitting our server prior to the "received" time found in the headers. No hops in between us and the sending e-mail server, it looks like they are connecting directly. The message delays average between 1 and 5 hours, but I have seen delays of up to 24 hours. Often mail will not come in from a particular domain all day, and then sometime in the afternoon many e-mails from that domain will come through at once. All of the mail will have around the ...

Exporting Directory in Exchange 2000
Help please, in the old days with 5.5 you could get a list of all mailboxes, email addresses etc by using system admin and tools then import/export function. How do we do this in exchange 2000. I opened system manager & drilled down to first storage group/mailboxes and right clicked and an export function came up is this where we do this. We need to tally how many mailboxes & public folders we have on the system.\ thanks -- Kath One way is to use csvde or ldifde this syntax will return mail enable user with their SMTP address in a domain. csvde.exe -f output.csv -r "(&(&...

Account Lockouts from Exchange?
Hello, everyone: I'm having some difficulty, and I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight. I have attached a lot of materials to this post, so if I refer to something, and you don't see it right away, just scroll down. Last week, I implemented an account lockout policy on our Windows Server 2003 domain. Almost immediately, my account was locked out. I set the account lockout threshold to 5 attempts, over a 30 minute period, and to lock out indefinitely. I assumed that I had logged onto someone's machine and they had then typed in their password and locked me...

UNable to connect to Exchange 2000
Hello I have just recently installed Outlook 2003 and am unable to connect to my Exchange 2000 server. I can ping it from my machine, but when I try to set up my email account I get a message indicating it is unabel to connect. Any ideas? http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch7/OutB11.htm See if this helps ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 2003
Hi there - I am running Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server 2003. It seems that rules don't work. In the past, I've always had a rule created so that on any incoming message, where my name was in the TO:, the message would automatically forward to another internet e-mail address. I have it set up correctly but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone heard anything like this happening? Thanks, David First, are you using Exchange Cached Mode? Second, is replies and forwards to the Internet turned off at Exchange (it is turned off by default.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Need help getting Exchange 5.5 as current as we can
Hello. We have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server running on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server. Over the last year we have applied a few hotfixes to Exchange 5.5 but we have no idea what has been applied and what patches, hotfixes, rollup packages, etc. are available to be applied. We are trying to get our Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server as current as we can before our migration to Exchange 2003 in a few months. Is there some type of utility (like www.windowsupdate.com) out there that can tell me what patches, hotfixes, and rollup packages I still need to apply to my Exchange 5.5 Server? Also, do you have to ...

MICROSOFT PUBLISHER #7
I just initiated the online tutorial for Publisher and after the clicking next to advance to the third screen the AUDIO is lost, why is that and how can I hear the audio through the entire demonstration? -- MLCP Do you have the newest Windows Media Player? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MARLON" <MARLON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C4E3AD1-9F86-4597-9B38-9D8BCA4CB68C@microsoft.com... >I just initiated the...

CSVDE, Exchange contacts, activation
I have imported several thousand contacts into AD for Exchange (Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003) using CSVDE. I imported many categories, name, mail, objectClass, DN, etc. I must have missed some crucial category or step, though, because after the import I had to go to each contact in ADUC and click "Exchange Tasks" and set up Exchange mail settings. I didn't have to enter any information there -- I just clicked through the screens accepting the defaults that showed the correct user name, e-mail address, etc. Does anyone know what I left out? Thanks very much in a...