Rules don't seem to work automatically - I must manually run them

I keep receiving messages from sourceforge.net and have the Rules set to
automatically delete them.  The Rule only seems to work when I run that rule
manually.

I realize this information is quite generic but was wondering if there is
general advice for me to follow first.  I'm not new to computers nor to
Outlook and I'm at a loss to understand why Rules is not working as I would
expect it to.

Thanks, Dave

0
davehorne (161)

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/133

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
5/10/2009 4:45:31 PM
Dave Horne wrote:

> I keep receiving messages from sourceforge.net and have the Rules set to
> automatically delete them.  The Rule only seems to work when I run that rule
> manually.
>
> I realize this information is quite generic but was wondering if there is
> general advice for me to follow first.  I'm not new to computers nor to
> Outlook and I'm at a loss to understand why Rules is not working as I would
> expect it to.
>
> Thanks, Dave

When you run the rules manually, are you running ALL of them or just the
one rule that applies against the unwanted e-mail?  If you are running
just one rule manually then it is likely that a prior rule in the list
is preventing the wanted rule from getting reached.  That is, some prior
rule (with a stop-clause) is triggering first and prevents getting to
the later rule that you want exercised against the unwanted e-mail.

Enable ALL rules when running them manually and see if your particular
rule still gets exercised against the unwanted e-mail.  If not, start
looking at the logic or flow through the rules prior to the one you want
to trigger.
0
V4521 (722)
> Dave Horne wrote:
>
>> I keep receiving messages from sourceforge.net and have the Rules set to
>> automatically delete them.  The Rule only seems to work when I run that
>> rule
>> manually.
>>
>> I realize this information is quite generic but was wondering if there is
>> general advice for me to follow first.  I'm not new to computers nor to
>> Outlook and I'm at a loss to understand why Rules is not working as I
>> would
>> expect it to.
>>
>> Thanks, Dave
>
> When you run the rules manually, are you running ALL of them or just the
> one rule that applies against the unwanted e-mail?  If you are running
> just one rule manually then it is likely that a prior rule in the list
> is preventing the wanted rule from getting reached.  That is, some prior
> rule (with a stop-clause) is triggering first and prevents getting to
> the later rule that you want exercised against the unwanted e-mail.
>
> Enable ALL rules when running them manually and see if your particular
> rule still gets exercised against the unwanted e-mail.  If not, start
> looking at the logic or flow through the rules prior to the one you want
> to trigger.

I tried all the suggestions given but still have the same problem.  I
deleted _all_ the rules and everythign related to them and then just added
one rule.  That rule only works when I apply it manually.

Is there a file I can delete that contains all the 'rules' so I can start
from scratch?  This 'problem' isn't a big deal but I am at a loss to
understand why Rules is not worling as it should.

Thanks, Dave Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/14/2009 8:21:16 PM
"Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message

> Is there a file I can delete that contains all the 'rules' so I can start
> from scratch?  This 'problem' isn't a big deal but I am at a loss to
> understand why Rules is not worling as it should.

No file, but you can start Outlook once with the /cleanrules command switch to
clear out all rules.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/15/2009 12:06:55 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Is there a file I can delete that contains all the 'rules' so I can start
>> from scratch?  This 'problem' isn't a big deal but I am at a loss to
>> understand why Rules is not worling as it should.
>
> No file, but you can start Outlook once with the /cleanrules command
> switch to clear out all rules.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, thanks.  I ran that switch, closed Outlook, restarted it with no
switches and then added one rule.

The 'Review Rule Description' is as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
from davehorne@users.sourceforge.net
delete it

I won't know if this works until I receive yet another piece of unwanted
mail from sourceforge.net.

I'll be back to report whether this rule worked or not.  Thanks again, Dave
Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/15/2009 4:35:55 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Is there a file I can delete that contains all the 'rules' so I can start
>> from scratch?  This 'problem' isn't a big deal but I am at a loss to
>> understand why Rules is not worling as it should.
>
> No file, but you can start Outlook once with the /cleanrules command
> switch to clear out all rules.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

My problem still exists.  Rules does not delete e-mail automatically though
it does work if I use it manually.

I am still open to suggestions.  Thanks,  Dave Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/15/2009 5:50:25 PM

> My problem still exists.  Rules does not delete e-mail automatically though
> it does work if I use it manually.

Try using the condition "with specific words in the sender's address" and make
those specific words "sourceforge.net", instead of the "from people or
distribution list" condition.  If you have more than one rule, also add the
"stop proccessing more rules" action.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/15/2009 6:57:23 PM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> My problem still exists.  Rules does not delete e-mail automatically
>> though it does work if I use it manually.
>
> Try using the condition "with specific words in the sender's address" and
> make those specific words "sourceforge.net", instead of the "from people
> or distribution list" condition.  If you have more than one rule, also add
> the "stop proccessing more rules" action.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, I've tried what you suggested and the only way to get Rules to work
is if I invoke Rules manually.

Is it possible (and I'll enclose the message routing if you wish) that what
I see as 'From' and 'To' is not what Rules sees?

Thanks, Dave Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/19/2009 10:54:41 AM

> Is it possible (and I'll enclose the message routing if you wish) that what
> I see as 'From' and 'To' is not what Rules sees?

It's very possible.  That's why I saoid to use the condition I mentioned
rather than the "from people or distribution list" condition.  If the "with
specific words in the sender's address" doesn't work, then try "with specific
words in the message header".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/19/2009 11:33:44 AM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Is it possible (and I'll enclose the message routing if you wish) that
>> what I see as 'From' and 'To' is not what Rules sees?
>
> It's very possible.  That's why I saoid to use the condition I mentioned
> rather than the "from people or distribution list" condition.  If the
> "with specific words in the sender's address" doesn't work, then try "with
> specific words in the message header".
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, I've already tried that and the same thing happens - Rules only work
manually, not automatically.

I've also Googled this general problem and see that there are others with
the same problem.  I am still open to suggestions.

Thanks, Dave Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/19/2009 1:47:40 PM

> Brian, I've already tried that and the same thing happens - Rules only work
> manually, not automatically.

Does the behavior change if run in Outlook's safe mode?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/19/2009 7:12:36 PM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Brian, I've already tried that and the same thing happens - Rules only
>> work manually, not automatically.
>
> Does the behavior change if run in Outlook's safe mode?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

__________________________________

Brian, first, thanks again for your patience with this.

I started Outlook 2007 in Safemode (using Outlook Tools 2.2) and choosing
the topmost 'safe' startup switch.  (Starts Outlook without Microsoft
Exchange Server Client Extensions (ECE), the Reading Pane, or toolbar
customizations. Component Object Model (COM) add-ins are turned off.)

Again, Rules would only delete the message if I invoked Rules manually; it
doesn't delete the message in question automatically.

I will include the message routing in question below.  Also, the rule for
this message which only works manually is:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
with sourceforge.net in the message header
delete it

__________________________________

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:47:15 +0200 (CEST)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mta1z1.gn.mail.iss.as9143.net
From: Kristyn <Kristyn-justizko@wilkins.id.au>
Subject: [SPAM]{Spam?} [SPAM] It's your enemy writing
To: davehorne@users.sourceforge.net
 http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details. 0.5 URIBL_WS_SURBL Contains
an
 URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist [URIs: lofecid.ru] 2.0 URIBL_BLACK
     Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist [URIs: lofecid.ru] 0.0
 MISSING_DATE           Missing Date: header 0.5 RCVD_IN_PBL         RBL:
 Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL [124.53.7.20 listed in
zen.spamhaus.org]
 2.9 RCVD_IN_XBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL 2.5
 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
[Blocked -
 see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?124.53.7.20>] 1.3 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_32
 BODY: HTML: images with 2800-3200 bytes of words 0.2 HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_04
 BODY: HTML has a low ratio of text to image area 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE
 BODY: HTML included in message 1.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY       BODY: Message only
has
 text/html MIME parts 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8
 confidence level above 50% [cf: 100] 2.0 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in
 Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/) 0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives
 confidence level above 50% [cf: 100]

0
davehorne (161)
5/20/2009 8:15:08 AM

> Again, Rules would only delete the message if I invoked Rules manually; it
> doesn't delete the message in question automatically.
>
> I will include the message routing in question below.  Also, the rule for
> this message which only works manually is:
>
> Apply this rule after the message arrives
> with sourceforge.net in the message header
> delete it

Is this your only rule?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/20/2009 11:45:54 AM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Again, Rules would only delete the message if I invoked Rules manually;
>> it doesn't delete the message in question automatically.
>>
>> I will include the message routing in question below.  Also, the rule for
>> this message which only works manually is:
>>
>> Apply this rule after the message arrives
>> with sourceforge.net in the message header
>> delete it
>
> Is this your only rule?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Yes.

0
davehorne (161)
5/20/2009 12:05:32 PM

> Yes.

I'm stumped.  Sorry.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/20/2009 4:32:59 PM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I am also stumped.  Thanks for your suggestions just the same.

Dave  Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/20/2009 6:05:40 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian, I just got back from a short vacation and see _now_ that Rules (re
sourceforge.net) is in fact working.  I did a little google research re this
problem and it seems (at least in my case) that the added step of clicking
on the top most option - Sent to People or Distribution list did the trick
(including myself, of course).   Just clicking on 'specific words' in the
subject, body, etc. didn\t work; it seems that I first had to include
'myself' in the list of conditions.

Problem solved .... and I thank you for your input.

All the best, Dave Horne

0
davehorne (161)
5/24/2009 1:56:25 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

.... a correction to my previous post.  The 'Sent To' option is not the
topmost option when creating a new rule from scratch.  I looked at the now
successful sourceforge.net rule and saw the 'Sent to' option as the topmost.

At any rate, adding myself to the Rule did the trick as I wrote in my

davehorne (161)
5/24/2009 2:48:41 PM

> At any rate, adding myself to the Rule did the trick as I wrote in my

I'm glad it's working, although it should have worked before without adding
yourself as the recipient.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/25/2009 5:33:04 PM
> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
>> At any rate, adding myself to the Rule did the trick as I wrote in my
>
> I'm glad it's working, although it should have worked before without
> adding yourself as the recipient.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks ... in my haste to post I neglected to add that the 'recipient' was
not my regular e-mail address but the one given to me from this spammer -
davehorne@user.sourceforge.net ... or something like that.  I created that
new entry for myself in order to get Rules to work.

All the best, DH

0
davehorne (161)
5/25/2009 6:30:23 PM
I had the same problem.  I do believe it is a Microsoft "BUG".  Sometimes my
rules work and sometimes they don't.  Often, I had to run manually.  All in
all, the rules I set worked just fine when run manually.  Even after
performing all the tips and tricks from MVP Outlook professionals, I still
had the same problem !!!! Here is my solution that WORKED for me as my rules
NOW run automatically with my VBA scripts.

a) Click Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor.
b) In the project explorer to the left, expand Microsoft Office Outlook
Objects
c) Double Click "ThisOutlookSession"
d) Copy and past the following code

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    MsgBox "Welcome, " & Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").CurrentUser
    Application.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximized
End Sub

e) Save the Visual Basic Program.
f) Close.
g) Done.

I know this doesn't make sense, but I think that the VBA macro library is
NOT loading properly at the start of Microsoft Outlook.  I think the startup
event forces the loading of the VBA scripts properly.  I don't think it
matters what code you place just as long as it is something to properly start
the VBA macros.

Anyway, again, I know that the above doesn't make any sense but it WORKED
for me.  All the other LOGICAL solutions by the MVP professionals and other
users simply just did not work, which those other solutions should have
worked.  Therefore, this leads me to believe that there is a BUG is the
Outlook product.

Again, it worked for me and I am NOW happy and I have stopped wasting hours
looking for a solution.

If this SOLUTION worked for you, please let me know.  If this solution works
for you, please make a post so that Microsoft will know where to look for
this goofy bug in the Outlook product.

I hope this works for you as I spent over 200 hours trying to fix this same
problem.

John R. Hamilton

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
> > Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

sI have the same problem.  It is just a Outlook 2007 issue for me. MS has
many problem with Office 2007.  I doubt it will be fixed.  I went back to
Office 2003 and problem solved.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
> > Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
NetMaster (1)
6/25/2009 1:36:01 PM
I began having this same problem about a week ago.  My rules (1 rule) worked
automatically... now I have to run it manually.  I've tried adjusting the
settings... but nothing works.  It's a simple rule "move incoming messages
with "[SPAM]" to Junk Mail folder."  I also recently installed SP2... I
wonder if that has something to do with it?

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message
>
> > Yes.
>
> I'm stumped.  Sorry.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Buchanan (2)

Access 2003 SP3 Run-time error 2004
My Access 2003 application periodically generates run-time error 2004. There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again. 'Creation of new form Dim Frm As Access.Form Set Frm = New Form_XYZ 'There This error is unpredictable. It's hard to reproduce in test environment. I want to know what objects are checked in msaccess.exe, in order to find the source of the error may be available in my VBA code. Thanks There are several hotfixes for SP3. Here's a link to Allen Browne's page on the SP3 bugs,...

Either \ or conditions in rules
Is it possible in Outlook 2003 to create a rule with either \ or conditions, eg If the message has certain words in the subject line OR if there are certain words in the body of the message? As far as I can see, you can only create conditions linked with AND. In that scenario, you would need to create two separate rules, each with = the same actions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

working with pivot tables from another worksheet
Hi all This is probably a very rudimentary post but I can=92t figure out how to work with a pivot table. I am using Excel 2007. I have 5 tabs in my worksheet with pivot tables. The front end of my worksheet is an interface for end users. One of their inputs is a time range. What I would like to have happen is to use their time range (say 10AM to 2PM) and filter my pivot table using that range so I can get the average of another columns data once filtered. I don=92t want them to use the filter themselves (I just want to show them the changing average as they change their time) and do some calcu...

XPathNavigator.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.Attribute) doesn't work?
I'm converting over from using XmlNodes (specifically ConfigXmlNode, but the API uses XmlNode) to IXPathNavigable in some methods I have, but I'm finding in the process, that I can't seem to get the attributes. If I have some XML: <ApplicationConfiguration Test="Blahblah" AnotherAttr="asdfasd"> And I have the code: XPathNavigator navigator = node.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator child = navigator.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.Attribute); foreach (Object child in navigat...

Problem with Outlook at Work
Hello - We use Outlook with Exchange Server at work (I'm a user). I'm on a laptop. If I connect wirelessly via VPN then start Outlook, all works as expected. But when I go to my desk, disable wireless (and VPN), and go hardwire, while keeping Outlook open, then after Windows reconnects, I get my mail messages but if I try to create a Calendar event, I do not see my availability (ie, I'm always displayed as being free even when I have other appts). I've also learned that others also do not correctly see my availability. But if I look in my Calendar I can clearly see ...

rules based on recipient address
We have one mailbox that has different email addresses that point to it. We have within this mailbox folders. Depending on what email address mail was sent to we want rules to move them into the relevent folder. Outlook and/or Exchange shows the name of the account in the 'to' feild so that our rules do not work as they are based on where the email was sent. how can we get over this? IE main is Internet. Mail sent to web@here.com should go to Internet but then get moved to the 'WEB' folder based on the web@here.com address. But Internet is showing in the recpient field. ...

Sent Message Rule
I know this is an Outlook ng. but I'm using Outlook Express and can't seem to create a rule that copies my sent messages to a particular folder. 2 e-mail addresses in one Account. I want to send the sent messages from the Sent Items folder to another. TB The Bear <buck_roggers@hotmail.com> wrote: > I know this is an Outlook ng. but I'm using Outlook Express Then you should ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress is one. -- Brian Tillman ...

Direct statements for retirement account don't seem to update properly
Hi, When I manually update my retirement account from Fidelity by downloading a QIF statement and importing it, it works fine. However, if I do a direct update, the individual transactions do not appear. I just see lump sum adjustments in the cash account. I see a KB article here that sounds like this... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822766. Does anyone know if this will solve my problem and if there are any downsides to marking the account something other than 401K (which it is)? --John Hi John, First save your .mny file and then follow the procedure you fo...

Color rule
Hi I would like to use colors to change an email when received from 1 of a group of like 60 people. (All 60 senders I would like to color their email when recieved) I am limited by the number of color rules that I am allowed to put into place. I am unable to create one rule for the group of users as well, as I get an error and outlook closes on me. There is probably a very simple script that can be written but I am not that familiar with writing those. I have tried to assign category through a rule on the list of these people, but it will not allow me to upload to the exchange ...

Message Rules
Why don't the message rules work? I keep making messages to block the word Viagra (any combination of spelling variations) and numerous other words, and delete the messages. I have over 400 rule, most about Viagra, and NONE of them are working. What exactly are you specifying? See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm The rules are the same in WinMail except they added the junk folder. steve "Darrell Bartels" <Darrell Bartels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B3A29A3-739A-433A-9A2C-7EF6ED93EA08@microsoft.com... > Why don't the mes...

converting from 2004 to 2006 not working
Hi, everything seems to work fine when 2006 converts my 2004 file. The program starts and the inital Money home page is displayed but then the program hangs and stops responding. Any ideas? ...

OL 2010 search contact not working correctly
In OL 2007 in the "Search Contact" field I could type in the first few characters of a distribution list, press enter and I would be presented with a list of all contacts that started with the characters I typed. In OL 2010 when I type in characters the list I receive does NOT contain all of the contacts (distribution list) that start with the characters I entered. I open my distribution list and noticed that in 2010 it is labeled "Contact Group" and when I open the Contacts folder (e.g. all of my contacts) in a new window and scroll down I don't see the...

Running total as I add lines
Hi, Column K is Amount Column L is GP (Gross Profit). Columns A through J include my qty, vdr name, vdr #, vdr price, etc As I add additional vendors and information, I want Excel to keep running totals in columns K and L. However, is it possible for these "running total" lines to continue moving downward as I enter information in A through J? For instance, I have my SUM function in columns K and L right now, however, when I go to print it, it prints 2 pages because the SUM is all the way at the bottom of the page, along with all the $0.00 cells(where no information is entered ye...

How to Make Entourage Work Correctly
Version: 2008 I can't make my Yahoo! Mail work into Entourage.... I have my University email set up but it wont work for my Yahoo! Mail account... PLEASE HELP! > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342443433_1622767 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 11/30/09 3:55 PM, in article 59badd92.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Confused1234@officeformac.com" <Confused1234@officeformac.com> wrote: > Ve...

How do I set up Server Rule to move Emails to a an Exchange 2007 public Folder?
Dear Exchange people, We are using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. I have emails that come in every day that need to be moved to an Exchange public folder based on words in the emails subject. I set up a rule in Outlook 2003 to move it to the public folder automatically and it usually works when Outlook is open, but I need it to just run on the server and not require Outlook to be open to run it. Would anyone be so kind and friendly as to share with me an example of how to get it to work on the server and not require the Outlook client to process it? Thanks in...

how can I disable a control in the ribbon at run time
As an example, in Excel 2007, I have 5 buttons on the ribbon. When I press a button, it runs code and then it is meant to disable the button. Do you know how I could do this? Any help would be appreciated. Hi irvy See http://www.rondebruin.nl/hidevisible.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "irvy" <irvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263AA8E7-98F0-4999-BC5B-E249253013AB@microsoft.com... > As an example, in Excel 2007, I have 5 buttons on the ribbon. When I press a > button, it runs code and then it is me...

run vb macro on open
Simple query - I am after the VB code, so that on opening a spreadsheet a macro contained in the spreadsheet is run automatically. To explain further, I have a sreadsheet that has three query's that refresh via a macro and then the macro continues and closes the spreadsheet. What I need is the code to invoke this above macro automatically once the spreadsheet is opened. Thanks in advance. ...

Spell check not working????
Can anyone advise why my Word 2007 spell-check wouldn't be working?.... I have checked what and appear to have all settings on...is there some special setti ng I don't know about -- with thanks....mykco See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm that will probably cover what you have already checked but hopefully may have further information to get spellchecking working. Hope this helps DeanH "mykco" wrote: > Can anyone advise why my Word 2007 spell-check wouldn't be working?.... I > have checked what and appear to have all ...

Emulate Out of Office Assistant in a rule?
I want to be able to emulate the OoO assistant in a server side rule, specifically I want it to only reply once to each recipient. Currently we have several customer service and tech support mailboxes that have server side reply rules that reply with a template directing them to our website for support. However, this rule EASILY gets caught up in loops to the point where I have to check it daily and turn off the rule temporarily to break the loop. I would use the Out of office assistant on the mailboxes, but the subject text "Out of Office:" seems to be static which wouldn...

Outlook2003: Display rules disappear (Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..)
Hi all, Some help needed re rules created in Tools/Organize/Colors/Automatic..: Those rules disappear randomly and without obvious reason. Some of them move to an other folder, where they are useless. Is there any way to save/restore those rules in order to avoid rekeying everything again and again? Where are they located? Are they accessible? Thanks for your help, Bibif they are stored in views - did you change views on the folder where you lost them? The best way to keep them is to copy the current view or make a new view and set the rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Show open work orders on large screen in shop
I have a customer request that may sound sort of unusual. I am having trouble coming up with words for it so that I can even do a search for a solution! It's not that complex, but I don't know the "right words" to search for a solution. I am working on an Access 2KDB for a manufacturing company. One division does onsite repair. They have multiple crews that are dispatched to various sites to perform the repairs. Currently they use a whiteboard to update status of the jobs. The Access DB has a "Jobs in Work" screen that displays all of the key information that the w...

Rules in Error
I have a number of rules in place to reduce spam by permanently deleting certain messages upon their arrival based on content. But every day the "Rules in Error" window pops up with the message "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation" and the applicable rule is deactivated from that point on. This seems to occur randomly for no particular reason. If I subsequently run the rule manually, the messages are then deleted. Is there a way to stop this? ...

paste value vs type value (formula not working)
Hi. I have a formula that works just fine, as long as i paste the values from the original list and not type the numbers in. There are no hidden spaces (that I know of), but when I type the same value that I have in my orignial list, the formula gives me an error (#N/A). When I copy and paste values (from the original list) it works just fine. Any clues? (an array formula) =INDEX(TSCA_REQ,MATCH(1,(B202>=TSCA_MIN)*(B202<=TSCA_MAX),0)) HI Jeremy If its an ARRAY Formula, you must press Control-Shift-Enter, Try it and see Good Luck Cimjet "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldrid...

Message Rules Unavailable (2002)
Running Outlook 2002, I don't seem to have the "message rules" installed. I did select Junk-Mail during custom setup, but no rules option under Tools. Also when right clicking on a message there is "Junk Email" but it results in a blank submenu. I seem to be missing the rules wizard. How can I remedy this? Thanks B "Battleax" <unavailable@thistime.net> wrote in message news:0radnYU5TeeI6XeiRVn-iQ@magma.ca... > Running Outlook 2002, I don't seem to have the "message rules" installed. I > did select Junk-Mail during custom setup, b...

Rules, Rules, Rules
I am trying to make a rule that tells people I am out of office because I don't have an out of office menu (do not use Exchange). When I select "reply using a specific template" I run into a problem. I do not have any "Standard Templates" loaded so I want to create one under "User Template in File System". But this is looking for a *.oft file. What is a *.oft file and how do I create one? Any other way to accomplish making this rule? Create your out of office message using Outlook's mail editor, not word. then use file->save as->outlook templ...