Rule to identify a from address

I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to filter mails emanating from a
specific address to a folder.
I have 2 problems:
1.  While I can identify mails coming "through a specific account" but NOT
through a  specific EMAIL address ... for example an alias belonging to an
account!
2.  There seems to be no way of MOVING the mail to a folder. The closest
ready-made rule is "move a copy to the specified folder".
It has been possible to do this for years for years in emails clients like
Eudora ... so I cannot believe that this is not possible in Outlook ...

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Tony

0
netinfo (6)

1.  Use "with specific words in the sender's address" to specify that =
mail.
2.  There is a Move rule - I am at home right now with Outlook2007 but I =
can check at work in a couple of hours and get back to you.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Anthony Chater asked:

| I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to filter mails emanating from
| a specific address to a folder.
| I have 2 problems:
| 1.  While I can identify mails coming "through a specific account"
| but NOT through a  specific EMAIL address ... for example an alias
| belonging to an account!
| 2.  There seems to be no way of MOVING the mail to a folder. The
| closest ready-made rule is "move a copy to the specified folder".
| It has been possible to do this for years for years in emails clients
| like Eudora ... so I cannot believe that this is not possible in
| Outlook ...=20
|=20
| Can someone please point me in the right direction.
|=20
| Thanks in advance
|=20
| Tony
0
Milly
10/31/2007 1:25:41 PM
Hi,

Thanks for reply ...

re your answer for 1.:
In my Outlook 2003 there is no "with specific words in the sender's address"
rule !!!

I guess they only introduced that in Outlook 2007 !!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
1.  Use "with specific words in the sender's address" to specify that mail.
2.  There is a Move rule - I am at home right now with Outlook2007 but I can
check at work in a couple of hours and get back to you.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Anthony Chater asked:

| I am using Outlook 2003 and would like to filter mails emanating from
| a specific address to a folder.
| I have 2 problems:
| 1.  While I can identify mails coming "through a specific account"
| but NOT through a  specific EMAIL address ... for example an alias
| belonging to an account!
| 2.  There seems to be no way of MOVING the mail to a folder. The
| closest ready-made rule is "move a copy to the specified folder".
| It has been possible to do this for years for years in emails clients
| like Eudora ... so I cannot believe that this is not possible in
| Outlook ...
|
| Can someone please point me in the right direction.
|
| Thanks in advance
|
| Tony

0
netinfo (6)
10/31/2007 2:07:56 PM
Anthony Chater <netinfo@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> In my Outlook 2003 there is no "with specific words in the sender's
> address" rule !!!

Yes there is.  It's the 17th condition in the list of conditions.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Thanks for your reply ...
You are indeed correct but you are referring to INCOMING mail.

Perhaps I did not make this clear ... I am attempting to filter  OUTGOING
emails and I want to identify an email address (in this case an alias on one
of my configured accounts).

I have indeed chosen  "Start from a blank rule" - and then chosen "Check
messages after sending".
In the next dialog there is NO option to filter on my sending email ....
that's what I find a bit primitive about Outlook .... unless I am missing
something!!

Tony

> Anthony Chater <netinfo@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> In my Outlook 2003 there is no "with specific words in the sender's
>> address" rule !!!
>
> Yes there is.  It's the 17th condition in the list of conditions.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
netinfo (6)

quotation marks in smtp addresses
Hello, Quick and simple question for the Exchange powers.... Is there a way to have exchange pass quotation marks in an email address without it trying to do a check name against the GAL or PAB?? The quotation marks are inserted before the @ and are supposed to "trick" the email client into passing spaces to our 3rd party faxing service. Example: "fax=8035155555/attn=hi everyone"@ipfax4.provider.com The provider says they have never had a customer with this problem...likely answer **I've already turned off auto check name in Outlook** THANKS!! bump!! - need help,...

Rules and OL2003
I use Windows XP pro at home, I have two user accounts, mine and my wifes. We are sharing one PST folder, so if she checks the email it will also download mine. However, when I created the rules to sort her mail from mine, it works on one account and not on the other. When I go to check the rules it says "on this machine only" and I can't seem to get rid of it. If I create a second set of rules it will duplicate all of the messages as it runs the rules twice. Any help? I think I figured this one out, however now on my wifes account I get one of my rules that keeps changing...

Outlook 2003 Rules question
In Outlook 2003, Rules and Alerts, I'm wanting to use the "with selected properties of documents or forms" option. This option allows us to define selection criteria for a list of fields. The list box does not have the **From** field. It does have Author and Last Author. Which of these, if any, is the From field? The reason I want to use this option is that it's the only one I've found that allows me to select on information **not** in a field. Thanks. Charley ...

Outlook 2002 mail rules problem
Outlook 2002, Exchange Server - Every time I SEND an e-mail, I get the message "Some of your rules could not be retrieved intact. They have been marked appropriately. For more information, search for Help on "Importing Rules"." I am not attempting to import anything. I just want to SEND a message. None of my rules appear to be "marked" in any way, or look invalid, as far as I can see. Help on "Importing Rules" tells how to import rules, which isn't what I am doing, and seems to provide no useful clue. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

batch script for import rule in outook
anyone know where to find batch script for importing rules in outlook? I want make rule which reads subject and if it contains "This is spam", move it to Junk E-mail folder. I need this by batch script because I want to deploy that on all macines with group policy on Active Directory. Outlook 2007 is the first version with programmable rules. In earlier = versions, you'd need to use CDO 1.21 and the Rule.dll COM component; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/archive0/d/exstech.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www....

SMTP Addresses #5
I need to add an additional email address to all of my users. It is in a different format. Instead of first initial/lastname@blah.com it needs to be in firstname.lastname@blahblah.com. What is the correct format to put into Recipient Update Services? Thanks %g.%s@blahblah.com -- David Wilhoit [Exchange MVP] "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87CD63B1-A262-414B-8FBB-27880D471F4E@microsoft.com... > I need to add an additional email address to all of my users. It is in a > different format. Instead of first initial/lastname@blah.com...

Receiving mail with incorrect smtp address
Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? For example, the headers show the recipient should be john_doe@email.com but the person who received the message is in no way associated to that address. Any ideas? Thanks "MS" <mark_sh@go.com> wrote: >Lately we've been receiving numerous messages that are >received by someone but it's addressed to someone else. >Is there a way the <to> address can be spoofed? you're j...

'Unknown Error' in Entourage Address Book
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi <br><br>This problem started for me a few months back, I think after an Office software upgrade...Entourage started crashing, so I did a rebuild of my database (twice) and it has stopped crashing however, I can no longer open my Entourage address book or add anything to it. When I try to open it, it comes up with a message 'Entourage cannot open the item due to an error - An unknown error has occurred in Entourage'. I have also sometimes had a message telling me my da...

How do I set up a macro to excel that include the e-mail address
I am trying to create a macro to a survey in an excel file. I would like to add to the macro the send file function, e-mail address and send function. Here is the main man on this, http://www.rondebruin.nl/ Regards, Alan. "vmr" <vmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4134D19-7737-486D-9385-8163A2D0AD44@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a macro to a survey in an excel file. > > I would like to add to the macro the send file function, e-mail address > and > send function. ...

Offline address book synchronization issue
Hello all: One of our executives is receiving this error frequently in Outlook 2003: 14:27:56 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000 14:27:56 Could not connect to public folder server. 14:27:56 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 14:27:56 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. (/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGE) 14:27:56 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 14:27:56 For more information on this failure, click the ...

Emails stuck in SMTP queues (mainly Hotmail and MSN email addresses)
Greetings, We have had a problem for the past week with sending emails to hotmail and msn email address mainly. We have fixed DNS problems and rebooted the Exchange 2003 server (v6.5.6944.0) and as of Friday afternoon, the messages went through. Now they are stuck again. I have a feeling that when I reboot the server again late this afternoon that they will go through. We are not on any blackhole lists and we can email to most other domains. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Toni P. If Hotmail or MSN filtered you for any reason, you may still be on &q...

Workflow rules and Working hours
Hi all, Is there any possibility in the workflow rules that Wait for Condition care about the User Working Hours.? Suppose user work hours is set to 9 AM to 5 PM Like if an email is to be sent to owner's manager of a Case after 30 Minutes and the Case is created on 4:50 PM. Then the email should be sent to Owner's Manager if Case is not resolved before 8:20 AM Next Day not at 5:20 PM the same day. If so How? Thanks, ...

Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?
Hello all, We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine. Whenever ANY one of our Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never actually executes. There are no errors logged in the Applications event log on the server or client. Here is some additional info you may find useful: 1. The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS 2. Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in ExchAdmin as NT/Username. 3. When users logon to do...

Workflow rule: Assigning activity to a queue
Hi, I have a workflow process for cases and would like to assign several different tasks to a queue that need to complete within the case. You can manually assign task activity to a queue but in a workflow rule using the workflow manager it is only possible to assign a task activity to Logical User or User. Is there any way to do this for me? Regards, SH ...

Remove rule with no "set value"
I created a rule which is not doing what I wanted. It's removing "all" my email messages Now trying to remove rule, however, I'm informed "the value in the description box has not been set, to set a value click underline words." There are no underline words and I don't know why and have tried to modify, but comes up with the same message. So as a result cannot remove or correct with this rule. Thanks for any assistance. "Tajne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:192c01c3fbfd$2ec3fe00$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

How do I eliminate duplicate addresses from my address book?
-- DickW Post a clear detailed question in the body of the post, including why you think you have duplicates. From what little you have posted I am guessing that you are mistaken and do not even have duplicates in the Outlook address book. Provide the evidence that you do, and include your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Little Richard" <littlerichard@pactcenter.org> wrote in message news:1E926250-CCCC-4831-B0FF-5002C46D05FA@microsoft.com... > > -- > DickW ...

Transfer Address to New Computer
How can I transfer e-mail addresses from my old computer to my new computer? I was using Outlook Express 5 and Windows 98 on the old machine and have Outlook 2000 and Windows XP on the new machine. All the files from the old machine are copied into the new machine, but I cannot find where to copy the *.pst files (if that's what I'm suppose to be doing) in the new Windows XP system. Please don't tell me I have to retype all that information! If you weren't using Outlook before, you have no files you can import into Outlook now. You'd have to import into Outlook E...

Address list problems after migration
Hi, I found a recurring problem with my address list each time I migrate my Outlook PST files to a newly-installed PC. Before each reinstall, I will use the "Save My Settings Wizard" to export my settings and then import my mails, calendar and contacts using the Import function in Outlook. After each time this is done, I am able to access my contacts in the Contacts section. But each time I create a new mail and attempt to choose a contact in the "Select Names" window, I get an error that says : "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated...

Outlook Address Book vs. Exchange Contacts
Is it possible to use anoter user's contacts in your Outlook address book, if the user is sharing those contacts? If so How? Thanks ...

users default smtp email address
I have a user in an Exchange 2003 organization that has two email addresses. The organization is setup with one recipient policy. All users emails are in the form of username@department.college.edu. This users email address needs to be displayed as firstname.lastname@college.edu, shich is his secondary email address. When I change his email address to firstname.lastname@college.edu in active directory and have him send an email, his name dispays correctly, but then immediately reverts back to username@department.college.edu. I cannot figure out how to get his email address to change or...

Does changing a user's default Internet address mean you should uncheck "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on the recipient policy"?
Hello, We have a lot of users with multiple family names, e.g., John Smith- Doe. The Internet address generated by the standard recipient policy is very often not what they want, e.g., they want john.smith@company com or john.doe@company.com but not john.smith-doe@company.com. When that happens, we just manually edit the Internet address in ADUC. My question is: if we change the address generated by the default recipient policy, is it best-practice to then also uncheck the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on the recipient policy" option box? If we leave it...

can I copy a column of email addresses, paste into email address?
I too have a list of email addresses in one column and would like to insert all addresses into one email for a mass mailing, is it possible to do without copy and pasting each email address in one at a time? I'd use this. Insert a new column to the right of the email address column. I'm gonna use A for my email column and B for my new column. Put this in B1: =A1 put this in B2: =B1&";"&A2 (Change the separator to what you need) And drag down the column. Copy that last cell and paste into your email to: field. Lizizfree wrote: > > I too have a list of e...

Message Rules Scripting
I need to setup a server-side script that will create 2 rules on a user’s mailbox. Rule 1: when a message arrives that is a meeting invitation or update forward it to an email address and stop processing rules. (thus leaving the meeting request in the inbox) Rule 2: when a message arrives, forward the message to an email address and delete the message. Basically, I need to setup these rules so that if a user chooses to, they can use their exchange mailbox as a calendar account only and forward all mail to another email account. This is a request that has been handed down to me from...

Rule to move sent message without a flag
Hello, I'm looking for a way to set up the following rule: After a message is sent [condition] If the message has no flags [action] move the message to a particular folder As far as the first and last element is straight forward, I cannot find any way to set up the condition. Would be grateful for any help! Thanks! Jacek I use Outlook 2007. ...

Cell addresses
Columns are no longer designated by letters - please help me understand the new cell references? Tools | Options, General tab. Untick R1C1 Reference Style -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 In Excel, click on Tools | Options | General | uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" box | OK. "doggone" wrote: > Columns are no longer designated by letters - please help me understand the > new cell references? Duh! Thank you! "VoG via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > Tools | Options, General tab. Untick R1C1...