RSS feed causes Outlook 2007 to close

Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I find that
whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what could be
causing this?

Mike Bernstein

0
mkmike (4)
8/6/2008 5:21:46 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

8 Replies
290 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed for 
Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6?  IE7)  
Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com
Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: 
http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q



"Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message 
news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:

> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I find that
> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what could be
> causing this?
>
> Mike Bernstein

0
bens1 (1425)
8/6/2008 5:40:31 PM
And delete the RSS feed.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message 
news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed for 
> Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6?  IE7) 
> Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: 
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>
>
>
> "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message 
> news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
>
>> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I find 
>> that
>> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
>> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what could 
>> be
>> causing this?
>>
>> Mike Bernstein
> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/7/2008 3:49:01 AM
I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems stable 
again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and quite 
important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal problems to 
Outlook.
-- 
Mike


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> And delete the RSS feed.
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> 
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> 
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> 
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> 
> 
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message 
> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed for 
> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6?  IE7) 
> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
> >
> > --
> > -Ben-
> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: 
> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >
> >
> >
> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message 
> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
> >
> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I find 
> >> that
> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what could 
> >> be
> >> causing this?
> >>
> >> Mike Bernstein
> > 
> 
0
mkmike1 (4)
8/7/2008 7:51:01 AM
It could be malformed - there are RSS validators you can test it with. I 
don't know if Outlook might put something in the event viewer or Sync error 
folder - if so, it might give us a clue.  Oh, and make sure you have all the 
latest updates for Outlook.

Outlook isn't the best RSS reader - it's at v1 and there is always room for 
improvement at v.1. To the best of my knowledge none of the feeds I've used 
have caused outlook to crash, but I do often lose them and need to re-add. I 
also had probably with sluggishness with a long list so I eventually reduced 
my feed list to the most important ones. Everything else is accessible via 
IE (I don't share feeds anymore.)

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E5091D38-7603-48B6-86BE-BBD9EBCFAA33@microsoft.com...
> I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems stable
> again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and quite
> important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal problems 
> to
> Outlook.
> -- 
> Mike
>
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> And delete the RSS feed.
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>
>>
>> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
>> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed for
>> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6?  IE7)
>> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
>> >
>> > --
>> > -Ben-
>> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> > Roland Schorr & Tower
>> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
>> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
>> >
>> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I 
>> >> find
>> >> that
>> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
>> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what 
>> >> could
>> >> be
>> >> causing this?
>> >>
>> >> Mike Bernstein
>> >
>> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/7/2008 12:07:01 PM
Thanks - I will try to find a validator and try the offending feed on it. The 
strange thing is that it was fine until yesterday. I have now stopped sharing 
the common list so that I can still use that RSS on IE7. It still seems to 
work on IE7 without any problem.

I reduced my RSS list drastically yesterday so that it is now down to 9 on 
Outlook.
-- 
Mike


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> It could be malformed - there are RSS validators you can test it with. I 
> don't know if Outlook might put something in the event viewer or Sync error 
> folder - if so, it might give us a clue.  Oh, and make sure you have all the 
> latest updates for Outlook.
> 
> Outlook isn't the best RSS reader - it's at v1 and there is always room for 
> improvement at v.1. To the best of my knowledge none of the feeds I've used 
> have caused outlook to crash, but I do often lose them and need to re-add. I 
> also had probably with sluggishness with a long list so I eventually reduced 
> my feed list to the most important ones. Everything else is accessible via 
> IE (I don't share feeds anymore.)
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> 
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> 
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> 
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> 
> 
> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E5091D38-7603-48B6-86BE-BBD9EBCFAA33@microsoft.com...
> > I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems stable
> > again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and quite
> > important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal problems 
> > to
> > Outlook.
> > -- 
> > Mike
> >
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> And delete the RSS feed.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
> >> your
> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >>
> >>
> >> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> >> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed for
> >> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6?  IE7)
> >> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > -Ben-
> >> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> >> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> >> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> >> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> >> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> >> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message
> >> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
> >> >
> >> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I 
> >> >> find
> >> >> that
> >> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try a
> >> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what 
> >> >> could
> >> >> be
> >> >> causing this?
> >> >>
> >> >> Mike Bernstein
> >> >
> >> 
> 
0
mkmike1 (4)
8/7/2008 12:28:01 PM
It's quite possible that there was 1 malformed message in yesterdays batch 
that caused the problems. I'd wait a couple of days then add it back.  You 
might be able to identify the problem message by comparing the list in IE to 
what Outlook downloaded before the crash.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.


"mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:46B4F27D-CB78-4EAF-AC97-6873A73ED280@microsoft.com...
> Thanks - I will try to find a validator and try the offending feed on it. 
> The
> strange thing is that it was fine until yesterday. I have now stopped 
> sharing
> the common list so that I can still use that RSS on IE7. It still seems to
> work on IE7 without any problem.
>
> I reduced my RSS list drastically yesterday so that it is now down to 9 on
> Outlook.
> -- 
> Mike
>
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> It could be malformed - there are RSS validators you can test it with. I
>> don't know if Outlook might put something in the event viewer or Sync 
>> error
>> folder - if so, it might give us a clue.  Oh, and make sure you have all 
>> the
>> latest updates for Outlook.
>>
>> Outlook isn't the best RSS reader - it's at v1 and there is always room 
>> for
>> improvement at v.1. To the best of my knowledge none of the feeds I've 
>> used
>> have caused outlook to crash, but I do often lose them and need to 
>> re-add. I
>> also had probably with sluggishness with a long list so I eventually 
>> reduced
>> my feed list to the most important ones. Everything else is accessible 
>> via
>> IE (I don't share feeds anymore.)
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>
>>
>> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E5091D38-7603-48B6-86BE-BBD9EBCFAA33@microsoft.com...
>> > I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems 
>> > stable
>> > again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and 
>> > quite
>> > important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal 
>> > problems
>> > to
>> > Outlook.
>> > -- 
>> > Mike
>> >
>> >
>> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> And delete the RSS feed.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>> >>
>> >> Outlook Tips by email:
>> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >>
>> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >>
>> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> >>
>> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> >> your
>> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in 
>> >> message
>> >> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> >> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed 
>> >> > for
>> >> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6? 
>> >> > IE7)
>> >> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > -Ben-
>> >> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> >> > Roland Schorr & Tower
>> >> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> >> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
>> >> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> >> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> >> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I
>> >> >> find
>> >> >> that
>> >> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try 
>> >> >> a
>> >> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what
>> >> >> could
>> >> >> be
>> >> >> causing this?
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Mike Bernstein
>> >> >
>> >>
>> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/7/2008 12:34:03 PM
The only events that are recorded when Outlook has to close are of the 
general type: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6316.5000, time 
stamp 0x4833a470, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time 
stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000b015d, process 
id 0xa3c, application start time 0x01c8f8a39682cdee.

I have tried the RSS feed in validators and the the feed is said to be valid 
Atom 1.0 with some errors that if cured might improve the range of viewers 
that would work properly. The same errors occur with other feeds that do not 
affect Outlook in this way. 
-- 
Mike


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> It's quite possible that there was 1 malformed message in yesterdays batch 
> that caused the problems. I'd wait a couple of days then add it back.  You 
> might be able to identify the problem message by comparing the list in IE to 
> what Outlook downloaded before the crash.
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> 
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> 
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> 
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> 
> 
> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:46B4F27D-CB78-4EAF-AC97-6873A73ED280@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks - I will try to find a validator and try the offending feed on it. 
> > The
> > strange thing is that it was fine until yesterday. I have now stopped 
> > sharing
> > the common list so that I can still use that RSS on IE7. It still seems to
> > work on IE7 without any problem.
> >
> > I reduced my RSS list drastically yesterday so that it is now down to 9 on
> > Outlook.
> > -- 
> > Mike
> >
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> It could be malformed - there are RSS validators you can test it with. I
> >> don't know if Outlook might put something in the event viewer or Sync 
> >> error
> >> folder - if so, it might give us a clue.  Oh, and make sure you have all 
> >> the
> >> latest updates for Outlook.
> >>
> >> Outlook isn't the best RSS reader - it's at v1 and there is always room 
> >> for
> >> improvement at v.1. To the best of my knowledge none of the feeds I've 
> >> used
> >> have caused outlook to crash, but I do often lose them and need to 
> >> re-add. I
> >> also had probably with sluggishness with a long list so I eventually 
> >> reduced
> >> my feed list to the most important ones. Everything else is accessible 
> >> via
> >> IE (I don't share feeds anymore.)
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
> >> your
> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >>
> >>
> >> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:E5091D38-7603-48B6-86BE-BBD9EBCFAA33@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems 
> >> > stable
> >> > again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and 
> >> > quite
> >> > important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal 
> >> > problems
> >> > to
> >> > Outlook.
> >> > -- 
> >> > Mike
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> And delete the RSS feed.
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >> >>
> >> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >> >>
> >> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >> >>
> >> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> >>
> >> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
> >> >> your
> >> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in 
> >> >> message
> >> >> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> >> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed 
> >> >> > for
> >> >> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6? 
> >> >> > IE7)
> >> >> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
> >> >> >
> >> >> > --
> >> >> > -Ben-
> >> >> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> >> >> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> >> >> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> >> >> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> >> >> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> >> >> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message
> >> >> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I
> >> >> >> find
> >> >> >> that
> >> >> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try 
> >> >> >> a
> >> >> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what
> >> >> >> could
> >> >> >> be
> >> >> >> causing this?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Mike Bernstein
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> 
> 
0
mkmike1 (4)
8/7/2008 4:05:02 PM
You must have been correct about it being just one record or so. I have tried 
the problem RSS feed back in Outlook today and it is all working fine. Thanks 
for all your help.
-- 
Mike


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> It's quite possible that there was 1 malformed message in yesterdays batch 
> that caused the problems. I'd wait a couple of days then add it back.  You 
> might be able to identify the problem message by comparing the list in IE to 
> what Outlook downloaded before the crash.
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> 
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> 
> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> 
> You can access this newsgroup by visiting 
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your 
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> 
> 
> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:46B4F27D-CB78-4EAF-AC97-6873A73ED280@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks - I will try to find a validator and try the offending feed on it. 
> > The
> > strange thing is that it was fine until yesterday. I have now stopped 
> > sharing
> > the common list so that I can still use that RSS on IE7. It still seems to
> > work on IE7 without any problem.
> >
> > I reduced my RSS list drastically yesterday so that it is now down to 9 on
> > Outlook.
> > -- 
> > Mike
> >
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> It could be malformed - there are RSS validators you can test it with. I
> >> don't know if Outlook might put something in the event viewer or Sync 
> >> error
> >> folder - if so, it might give us a clue.  Oh, and make sure you have all 
> >> the
> >> latest updates for Outlook.
> >>
> >> Outlook isn't the best RSS reader - it's at v1 and there is always room 
> >> for
> >> improvement at v.1. To the best of my knowledge none of the feeds I've 
> >> used
> >> have caused outlook to crash, but I do often lose them and need to 
> >> re-add. I
> >> also had probably with sluggishness with a long list so I eventually 
> >> reduced
> >> my feed list to the most important ones. Everything else is accessible 
> >> via
> >> IE (I don't share feeds anymore.)
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point 
> >> your
> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >>
> >>
> >> "mkmike" <mkmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:E5091D38-7603-48B6-86BE-BBD9EBCFAA33@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have deleted the RSS feed causing the problem and Outlook seems 
> >> > stable
> >> > again. However, the particular RSS feed is a UK government one and 
> >> > quite
> >> > important to me. I still wonder how an RSS feed can cause fatal 
> >> > problems
> >> > to
> >> > Outlook.
> >> > -- 
> >> > Mike
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> And delete the RSS feed.
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >> >>
> >> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >> >>
> >> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >> >>
> >> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >> >>
> >> >> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> >> >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
> >> >> your
> >> >> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in 
> >> >> message
> >> >> news:ulIFGu#9IHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> >> > Any RSS feed or just one specific one?  Do you have SP1 installed 
> >> >> > for
> >> >> > Office 2007?  Which OS/Browser are you using? (Vista?  XP?  IE6? 
> >> >> > IE7)
> >> >> > Did you try running Office Diagnostics (Help menu)
> >> >> >
> >> >> > --
> >> >> > -Ben-
> >> >> > Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> >> >> > Roland Schorr & Tower
> >> >> > http://www.rolandschorr.com
> >> >> > http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> >> >> > Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> >> >> > http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Michael Bernstein" <mkmike@community.nospam> wrote in message
> >> >> > news:A4A15C20-03A2-4F25-A122-DF535AAD1FC4@microsoft.com:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >> Quite spontaneously, Outlook 2007 had to close. On investigation I
> >> >> >> find
> >> >> >> that
> >> >> >> whenever I include the RSS feeds in my send and receive, and I try 
> >> >> >> a
> >> >> >> send/receive, Outlook has to close. Does anybody have any idea what
> >> >> >> could
> >> >> >> be
> >> >> >> causing this?
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Mike Bernstein
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> 
> 
0
mkmike1 (4)
8/12/2008 5:09:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

outlook and palm
Can anyone tell me if i can move my appointments from Palm to Outlook. My mail feature seems to be working but would like to use one piece of software for e-mail, schedule and contacts. Are you talking about Palm Desktop or the Palm unit itself? I don't know of a way to get the calendar data from Palm Desktop directly to Outlook...I think you have to sync both PD and Outlook to the Palm unit to get the data across. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. **...

RSS Messages
Hi, I recently add a problem with my Outlook 2007, I ran scanpst.exe, and it then fix the problem, but now there is a very old RSS message that is still mark as unread and that is impossible to delete and when I try to open it Outlook says that the message is inaccessible. All I want to do is to get rid of this message, I do not need it BTW. I did run Archive, and even compact -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin outlookspy should get rid of it. basic instructions are at http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm - select the folder it is in rather than the ou...

Outlook Consultants
What is a good way to find Outlook consultants that can help with advanced features and custom programming? We are located in Boston, MA. Any help would be appreciated. We specialise in the development of Outlook Addins, both for package delivery (see www.websetters.co.uk) but also development for clients both local and remote (currently working with a New Zealand company on providing the Outlook integration into their web based CRM product). We are based in UK but happy to discuss any development requirement that you may have for your business. Regards Graeme ==========================...

monthly report causes error
Hello... When I try to view the monthly reports, it starts to generate the report up to the point of "calculating the value of your assets and liabilities" then it stops and I am offered the choice of sending in an error report. Any ideas? I've had this happen once before. It is likely that Money is unhappy about one of your investment transactions. This will be hard to find. See the discussion of binary search method in http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. Try old monthly reports. If your case is like mine, the old ones will work until the month where the problem transacti...

Multi-Select Listbox VBA code causing overflow in loop
Private Sub Form_Current() Dim oItem1 As Variant Dim oItem2 As Variant Dim bFound1 As Boolean Dim bFound2 As Boolean Dim sTemp1 As String Dim sTemp2 As String Dim sValue1 As String Dim sValue2 As String Dim sChar1 As String Dim sChar2 As String Dim iCount1 As Integer Dim iCount2 As Integer Dim iListItemsCount1 As Integer Dim iListItemsCount2 As Integer sTemp1 = Nz(Me!SignsList.Value, " ") sTemp2 = Nz(Me!SymptomsList.Value, " ") iListItemsCount1 = 0 iListItemsCount2 = 0 bFound1 = False bFound2 ...

How do you configure M/S Outlook 2007?
I recently purchased M/S Office 2007 as I am a mature student at QMU Edinburgh, Scotland. Every time I try to send emails on Outlook it tells me that the exchange server is down and to try again later. I can send emails on hotmail with no problem. -- Tall Tam. Anderson Tall Tam <TallTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently purchased M/S Office 2007 as I am a mature student at QMU > Edinburgh, Scotland. Every time I try to send emails on Outlook it > tells me that the exchange server is down and to try again later. I > can send emails on hotmail with no problem...

upgrade to 2007 can't find exsiting website
I just upgrade from microsoft office 2003 to 2007 office enterprise, my operating system is visita. I'm trying to get my website from 2003, it comes in but none of my pictures,background,pages. doesn't show. I've uninstall the software and installe it again, hopeing this would fix the problem. I'm at a lost here. someone please help. I think Microsoft should let office 2003 run with visita, instead running out to buy some software that suppose to be compatiable. this is a waste of money. Office 2003 SP2 & SP3 will run on Vista. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giorda...

Outlook 2007 Can't receive email messages
I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Julio wrote: > I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I > keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Have you tried using the same login credentials recorded or used in Outlook when using the webmail interface to your e-mail account? Using the webmail client will let you know if the login credentials are correct and haven't been changed. If the logi...

Outlook notes #3
I have lost all of my notes that were attached to tasks and appointments. How can they be retrieved? ...

Form Combo Box Causes Query Error Message
Using Access 2007, I created two similar combo boxes, using the control wizard for each form, in design view, one for each of two separate databases. For one database it presents no problem at all. But for the other, when I create a query, initially the query displays during the creation process. However, every time I try to re-open the query, it re-opens and displays the correct data, BUT only after I close an error message box that always pops up. The error message says: "An invalid condition was encountered by Access due to a value that you entered for a field or table prope...

Outlook Express #104
How do I make Microsoft Outlook 2000 my default mail. I want to change my default mail from Outlook Express. In microsoft Internet Explorer, Click tools, Internet options, Programs. Under Email select Microsoft outlook. >-----Original Message----- >How do I make Microsoft Outlook 2000 my default mail. I >want to change my default mail from Outlook Express. >. > ...

Excel 2007 spreadsheet saved as DBF4
Just converted to Windows 7. My Excel spreadsheet .xls can't "save as DBF4" I was using Windows XP and had no problems. Help please. Mary, This has nothing to do with your version of Windows but with your version of Office (the two are not related) A Google search with "excel DBF converter" go many hits best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C9B53F-2BE4-4A86-8717-1E79690A6493@microsoft.com... > Just converted to Windows 7. My ...

How can I create custom page size for tractor-feed forms? (2007)
I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at our library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the tractor-feed forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? Jhall@myglnc.com "RunningRonnie" <RunningRonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553F4C4B-AF9E-4911-8385-2D6D9DA8B683@microsoft.com... >I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at >our > library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the > tractor-feed > forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003 + Exchange + Out of Office + Template
Is it possible? Outlook 2003 SP2, Exchange 2003 SP1. If I create an out of office message by typing into the top box (the message to go to senders), the out of office reply works fine. But when I try to use a template by clearing that box and instead adding a rule which fires for all messages and which replies with a template, the out of office just doesn't happen. Is this because it's not possible to use templates with out of office when connected to Exchange? (I know how to emulate the out of office with the rules wizard, but this isn't what I'm after.) TIA M Are you usi...

Unable to Start Outlook
I have just installed sp2 for xp and now i cannot start outlook getting the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any Suggestions Thanks ...

How can I import my old address book from WordPerfect into Outlook
Finally changing from WordPerfect to Word and need all of my addresses from WordPerfect address book. Any way short of printing and retyping into Outlook? "lawyer jim" <lawyer jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F82AB48-F4E2-4B82-A535-EA0F9B42620A@microsoft.com... > Finally changing from WordPerfect to Word and need all of my addresses > from > WordPerfect address book. Any way short of printing and retyping into > Outlook? Can the WordPerfect addressbook export into any sort of format that Outlook can import? ...

outlook and wlm
Where is outlook going? Where is WLM going? For a classical ms programs user, it is quite confusing what win live mail and outlook is for, if they are substitutes or complements. Both has calendar, contacts, mail support.... WLM has newsgroup support and outlook does not. Well, all these are confusing. Why not just make two versions out of Outlook? One will be the office product: make all the specialties available in this version The second will be a lighter version: make this available to public and keep it more simple. In its current state, out and wlm are confusing people. That...

How can I feed data to other sheets?
I would like to have a workbook with data of different persons and then feed this information to another workbook for each individual. Is this possible? Hi Sil Do you mean this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sil" <Sil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49D90B6D-8943-47CC-9C78-6C10376029CF@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a workbook with data of different persons and then feed > this information to another workbook for each individual. > &g...

Moving a contact group from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook?
I have a large contact group that is making my Outlook Express address book to cluttered (I use Outlook Express more often than Outlook) and would like to know if there is any easy way to just move it to Outlook without having to retype all the names and addresses? Thanks, Mark No, since Outlook does not use or support groups in the way that OE does. You need to state your Outlook version and tell us whether the members of the OE group also exist in the Contacts folder or only in the group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark B." <somno@earthlink.net> wrote in message ...

Outlook 98 freezes
After Outllok comes up it freezes. Can't do anything. I've ran the repair utility, scan the hd, scanned for viruses, reinstalled Office 2000.... Other Office apps work OK. Any other ideas? Thanks. Are you using OL98 or OL2000 (you mention OL98 & Office 2000 which includes OL2000)? "SAC" <sac@abc.com> wrote in message news:uSvAjzvoFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > After Outllok comes up it freezes. Can't do anything. > > I've ran the repair utility, scan the hd, scanned for viruses, reinstalled > Office 2000.... > > Other Office...

Sharing Outlook calendar appointments with Sharepoint
It is possible to enter an appointment in Outlook calendar then have the option "whether or not" you want that appointment to appear in a Sharepoint calendar? In other words, I may not want to share all my entries in Outlook with Sharepoint... Appreciate your advice... Thank you. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange...

Restoring Outlook datafiles
Recently, I re-formatted my C: drive and re-installed XP Pro and applications from scratch, and all my data files from backup. All is well except that I cannot get Outlook to recognize or import my old .pst file. I have a copy of that (and all the old Outlook data files) safely preserved - just can't get Outlook to "accept" them in any way. Things I've tried: 1. Putting the files under my "Documents and Profiles" either in the "local settings" folder or the "application data" folders. 2. Running scanpst.exe against the files. 3. Imp...

Backup messages in Outlook 5
Where do I find the file that holds messages in Outlook 5? I know it i not a pst file since my computer shows hidden folders and I do not se a pst file anywhere in Documents and Settings\etc ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com itsmetisa <itsmetisa.10s4e2@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Where do I find the file that holds messages in Outlook 5? There is no such beast as Outlook 5. You're referring to Outlook Express V5. Ask in an Outlook Express new...

I accidentally bypassed the startup wizard for Outlook. How do I .
I accidentally opened Outlook for the first time, when I really wanted to get into another program. So I tried to close all the Outlook windows, including the startup wizard. Now when I enter Outlook again, and want to configure it, I can't get the wizard anymore. How do I get the startup wizard back? If you running Outlook 2003 do the following: Start-run and type; "outlook /firstrun" without the quotes Cheers "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F780320-E355-49D4-BF3F-34E90C5C5A73@microsoft.com... >I accidentally opened Outl...

Outlook will not work after windows update on Windows 7
Hi this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a windows update will not run outllook. when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above happens, if you say yes then it does the same the next time if offers a detect and repair, that doesn't solve it i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it, no better i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which solves the problem. when the update is applied the errors start agai...