rpc/https

ignore that last message, accidently posted to the wrong group.

0
scott9430 (2)

Howto enable https outlook-web-access?
Hi there! Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access to the outlook-web-access feature? Thank you in advance, lg John On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:04 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there! > >Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access >to the outlook-web-access feature? > >Thank you in advance, lg John I'll send you to the complete article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html even though you might not need it all for your setup. Tha...

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

RPC
Since having to repair my windows installation i am now getting these error messages when i try to connect to my Exchange server: A system component, RPC required by outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. for more information contact your system administrator. What can i do the resolve this. Do you have these registry keys? REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="...

RPC
I was asked the following question from one of our developers. "Do we have RPC (remote procedure calls) setup with Exchange 2003 and Outlook?" I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. How do I verify this? Thanks, Tyson If you have to ask your answer is probably no. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447DD05E-FD4A-47E0-88CD-983A1374497A@microsoft.com... >I was asked the following question from one of our developers. > > "Do we have RPC (remote proce...

Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 / RPC over HTTP
Howdy all! Just wanted to verify that Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is indeed supported on Windows Server 2000 SP3 and above! Additionally, want to verify that in order to use RPC over HTTP you need to be running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 (read: that it will not work on a WIN2000/EXCH2003 setup). Thank you! -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24012 Correct. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx System Requirements for RPC over HTTP on Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f9...

RPC over HTTP #7
I have an Outlook 2003 client that is connecting to exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Whenever Oultook is launched or an active sync is attempted with the client, the user is prompted to enter a username and password. Is there a way to turn this authentication off? Other systems on the network configured for RPC over HTTP access are not prompting for authentication. I'm puzzled by what is causing this. Thanks, Mike Do you have the authentication set to Simple or NTLM? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolic...

RPC over HTTP and internal RPC access?
If I implement RPC over HTTP on an Exchange 2003 server do all the clients have to be configured to use this option or will the clients that connect through VPN or internally using previous versions of Outlook still be able to connect? In other words, is the server still backward compatible once the change is made on the server? Thanks, Mike They will still be able to connect. RPC over HTTP requires client side configs to get it to work right as well... "Mike G." <wet@dog.com> wrote in message news:K9ydndVGTcIrNdDfRVn-iA@pghconnect.com... > If I implement RP...

RPC over HTTP #8
I use Outlook 2003 with SP2 on a windows XP SP2 laptop. I need to configure it so that I can connect to a Small Business Server 2003 that has 15 other users already using Exchange with RPC over HTTP. I configure the Exchange over Internet settings the same as another laptop user but it always gives me the response "Outlook could not logon.....Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". Any help is appreciated ! ...

rpc over https and Invalid name of server
i hope someone can help.. first I want to use rpc over https for a couple of users that all have 1 main server and that is it. They are running windows 2003 server and exchange2003/sp1 along w/office 2003/sp3. went thru hole process of all steps to get rpc over http working. Also I created a internal standalone version of certificate server. Create certificate with fqdn of exchange server. When i http if fails and will only let me do https which is great. I also do the rpc test and it show correct. I have followed all the steps and it listens on correct ports 6001,6002,6004...My certi...

RPC vs. RPC Out for Linked Servers
When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need to enable either of these options? Thanks! Tom Ashby - Panam (Tom Ashby - Panam@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes > for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need > to enable either of these options? One of them, has no function at all, as far as I know. The other controls whether you are permitted to make Remote Proce...

RPC over HTTP Failing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3AD08.DB501CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a Win2003/Exchange 2003 (both standard edition) box behind our = Netscreen firewall which I'd like to use for RPC over HTTP. I've = followed the directions in the Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide but = can't get Outlook to progress past the login screen. I keep giving it = my credentials and it keeps prompting me for credentials. a.. Server is single Exchange server, so there&...

RPC Connections
I have been using exchange 2003 for a year with no problems. I just setup a new server with SBS 2003. All is working well email and OWA. However we wanted to give outside access to sync our smart phones and outlook on our Laptops so I implemented the settings in the article “Implementing RPC over HTTPS in a single ES2003 environment” from msexchange.org (SBS had done most of them.) I can not get the 2003 outlook on my xp pro workstation to connect it gives me: Action could not be completed connection unavailable outlook must be online or connected. I think my issue is DNS My web doma...

RPC over HTTP
I am trying to set up RPC over HTTP. My configuration is fully compliant with the prerequisites. Only one server running as a DC and Exchange Server (proxy AND back-end): Win2K3 server SP1 Exchange 2003 Server SP2 Windows XP Pro SP2 fully patched Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched Certificate Server installed in the server I did all the steps you can find on Microsoft Web Site and (in the great Jim McBee book...). I made some test from another location on the Internet (in order to be sure not to be using the LAN), but I can't either establish any proper connection. Moreover, in...

RPC Proxy Server and RPC over HTTPS
Hi! I want to send you the log results of RPCDUMP tool on the RPC Proxy Server (also front-end Exchange server). Is it normal that IsListening for ncacn_http is always NO? That is strange for me. If RPC proxy server does not listen on this port, how can he accept and forward the requests to back-end Exchange server? Perhaps because of that I have connectivity problem between RPC over HTTPS-Client and Exchange Server? My RPC over HTTPS access functions well in internal network, not from external to internal. Best Regards Mustafa ProtSeq:ncacn_http Endpoint:6002 NetOpt: Annotation:MS...

Outlook 2003 over rpc/https
Hi, I cannot get Outlook 2003 using RPC/HTTPS. I performed 833401 completely but it still tries to open port 135 on Exchange, I've found by netstat. Why it doesn't even try to open port 443? Best regards, Vit Knyshevich. I use single server, as it described in 833401. I mentioned I've performed 833401 completely, so I have RPC/HTTP proxy and certificate installed. I have reply from https://server/rpc/ as it described in 833401. I have OWA and OMA working fine. But it doesn't matter because Outlook even doesn't try to open port 443, although I configured mail profile to ...

RPC Error
When attempting to run the executable, I get the following error message... "A system componant, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server, is not configured properly." I checked the RPC services and everything appears to be running fine. This error is coming up on many of my clone machines. Any ideas? Hi, first when i read this i think "Trojaner or Virus" Please check for it. Cause the Loveson kill the RPC Service. >-----Original Message----- >When attempting to run the executable, I get the >following error message... "A system c...

Help with RPC.
I need to write a program that interfaces to a Unix box with RPC. I don't know much about RPC. Is there a RPC compiler that comes with Visual C++? If not, where do I get one? Does anyone have an overview that describes how to interface to RPC using Visual C++? I am using Visual C++ version 6. You could try O'Reilly - "Power Programming with RPC". It's been 10+ years since I did PC <-> Unix RPC stuff though ... "DecafCoffeeDrinker" <invalid@address.com> wrote in message news:kmS9e.1110$l45.2@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com... >I need to wri...

RPC over HTTP (RPC proxy server must have Exchange 2003 installed?)
Can someone please confirm the following: If RPC over HTTP is deployed using front-end/back-end servers, the front-end server also has to have Exchange 2003 installed on it and configured as a front-end server? The RPC over HTTP proxy can't just be a Windows 2003 server running the RPC over HTTP proxy component, no Exchange installed? I ask because I see you need Exchange on all boxes involved with the RPC deployment, but others I talk to think you don't need Exchange installed on the RPC proxy machine in a front-end/back-end setup. Please confirm. Thanks. It would be possi...

RPC latency
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_30AA_01CB0713.8260B4E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have a client who just started having an issue with exchange 2003 with = outlook 2003 on an SBS03 server box. Yesterday afternoon everyone started getting the message "trying to = retrieve data from server" balloons. I rebooted the server which did not fix the problem. I have no messages/errors in the event logs. The problem is still occurring. In Perfmon, my averaged l...

RPC
Hi all, I've been battling with Certificates & OWA & OMA & SSL and all sorts. Everything is now up and running except RPC over HTTPS. When I launch outlook in /rpcdiag mode it all looks good (although I'm not really sure what it should look like). Several connections are made and then I'm left with two connections stating: Exchang01 Directory HTTPS Established 5/4 390 Exchang01 Directory HTTPS Established 5/4 31 From time to time other lines come up with Mail instead of Directory. However, I still can't synchronise my mailbox...

Can I limit Outlook rpc over http access to just a few users?
Hi Folks, I'm probably overlooking something obvious. My customer has 10 users but wants only 2 of them to be able to use Outlook-Anywhere from outside the lan. SBS 2k3, mix of Outlook 2k3 and 2k7 Any pointers greatly appreciated! Thanks! Frank Frank Denman Denman Systems news@denmansystemsx.com [Please delete the "x" from my email address] "Frank B Denman" <news@denmansystemsx.com> wrote in message = news:b08gp59kecj26tbshvjaio5aho7kfjopmu@4ax.com... >=20 >=20 > Hi Folks, >=20 > I'm probably overlooking som...

RPC over HTTP #2
Is this the right place for this question? Configuring RPC/HTTP on a single Exchange server but it is not a GC. Configure the Exchange server registry in rpcproxy section with valid ports: exch_serverNetB:593;exch_serverFQDN:593;exch_serverNetB:6001-6002;exch_serverFQDN:6001-6002;exch_serverNetB:6004;exch_serverFQDN:6004; GC1serverNetB:6004;GC1serverFQDN:6004; GC2serverNetB:6004;GC2serverFQDN:6004 Configure GC (1 & 2) server registry in NTDS section NSPI interface protocol sequences: ncacn_http:6004 Outlook 2003 is configured properly During local connection, the connection status is on...

RPC over HTTP: Client is not authorized to ping RPC proxy
I have a single Exchange server configured as back-end, authentication is NTLM without SSL. When I try to connect the outlook client via RPC over HTTP within my intranet I get asked for credentials over and over again. Using utility RPCping results in error 401 - "Client is not authorized to ping RPC proxy". User credentials used in rpcping are from administrator's account from the same server. Did anyone else run into this problem before? How to troubleshoot this? Where the problem might be? ...