Ribbon in 2007

Recently installed 2007 Office Pro

When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon'
It seems as if I have the same format of 2003.
Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts,
Calendar, etc

--
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

0
HankL

The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does
have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email
or when opening a contact.

Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message
> Recently installed 2007 Office Pro
>
> When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon'
> It seems as if I have the same format of 2003.
> Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts,
> Calendar, etc
>
> --
> Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,
>
> HankL

0
Roady

Outlook 2007 / 2003: Error 0x800CCC81
I=B4ve an e-mail address with a "." before the "@". For example example.test.@provider.com If I use Outlook 2007 / 2003 it is not possible to send an e-mail. I got the Error Code 0x800CCC81. Using another Mail-Address -> all works fine. I think the problem is, that this Mail-Address ist not RFC compliant -> Outlook doesn=B4t accept this sender. Exist a posibility to disable the RFC compliant checking? Many thank Stephan How did you manage to get a non-RFC compliant email address? Does your address work (meaning can you get email) if you leave away the dot? Pat...

PowerPoint 2007 Compatibility
I have an office where 3 people are working on ppt projects, all 2007 version. We save to a networked server. When I open a ppt they have created, images may be enlarged and cover the text, or text may extend out of the textbox. It looks fine on the other two computers. My computer is Vista purchased in 2008. one of the other computers is Vista purchased in September 2009, the other is Windows 7 purchased in December 2009. I have checked to be sure I have the latest Microsoft Office Service Pack. What could cause this problem? Hi Have a look here: PowerPoint 2007 text...

2007 Ribbon Bar
Is there any way to hide or customize the 2007 ribbon bar to the same size as any older version of an access menubar? The size of the new ribbon bar forces my form to get cut off on the bottom of the screen. This has been getting many bad reviews from my users and either I need to redesign my form or find a way to get rid of the ribbon bar. I opt to go the easier route (if at all possible) of hiding the ribbon bar. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:44:01 -0700, Secret Squirrel <secretsquirrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Right click in the area where the tabs are, and choose "Minim...

Inserting NUMPAGES field in 2007
I'm still a rank (and somewhat rankled) beginner in Word 2007. In 2003, the Header/Footer toolbar had an icon for inserting the { PAGE } field, and a separate icon right next to it for inserting the { NUMPAGES } field, which I usually changed to { SECTIONPAGES }. I often have documents in which the previous editor hard-typed the number of pages (Page { PAGE } of 11) instead of using the second field. Is there an easy place to find and insert the { NUMPAGES } field? Or do I always have to erase the entire line and re-insert it from the Design - Page Number - Current Positi...

Table alignment in Word 2007
I have created a Table with 5 columns and 16 rows. Cell alignment in all cells is Centered horizonally. I have copied this format into several Word Documents. My problem; In Column 1, Rows 9 & 11 cells are showing as Top aligned. All other cells are correct. I have gone into the Tables / Layout and the Alignment Group and clicked on the Center button but nothing changes at all. The two cells stand out like a sore thumb. How can I force them to "center"? Bob Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) and see if you have an extra blank paragraph...

RIBBON COLOR
Is there any idea how to change the color of a custom tab different from default theme as in the case of Contextual tabs? Sure would oblige if appropriate XML tags, ideas or address of a source on net is provided. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz I don't think you can Faraz, you have a few ribbon theme colours, but all tabs carry that colour AFAICS. HTH Bob "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67C1065B-1AEA-44B8-B595-210CA78EE546@microsoft.com... > Is there any idea how to change the color ...

Outlook 2007
Hello, How do I make it so every time I compose a new e-mail message, BCC is always listed? Thanks "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OHuCH0HnHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How do I make it so every time I compose a new e-mail message, BCC is > always listed? > > Thanks > If you click on "Show BCC" then it should always show......AFAIK.... Thanks! "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O$p$s5HnHHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > "boe" <boe_d@nos...

How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007?
How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? What do you mean? Are you saying the templates aren't there when you open Publisher? Tools, Options, On the General tab, Check >>Show Publication Types at startup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jojotubbs" <jojotubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FB5BC4-BF6F-44B0-B47A-1AD4D2513233@microsoft.com... > How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? ...

publisher 2007 #33
Hi, I have made my homepages with publisher. Pages are working fine with IE server. Now I have heard from my customers that my pages does not work properly, links are not activeted and some of the photos does not appear. I found out that these customers are using mozilla firefox server, I believe that this is the problem. What I should do that my homepages shows normal to all my customers? Do I need some add program or can it be done with somekind of set-up changes? ( I do not want to ask my customers to remove their present servers...=) You need to ask this on the Web Design newsgro...

Excel 2007 ?
I am currently using Excel 2002. I want to know what's the major difference between Excel 2007 and Excel 2002. Our company is considering about the advantage of the upgrade. Thanks On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:27:45 +0800, "Carlson" <davidcarlson@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am currently using Excel 2002. I want to know what's the major difference >between Excel 2007 and Excel 2002. Our company is considering about the >advantage of the upgrade. Microsoft changed EVERYTHING. We converted almost 2 years ago. It took me a year to get used to the ribbon and...

2007 outlook voice messages cause system reboot
after listening to 4 to 5 voice messages the computer does a reboot It's probably not an outlook problem, but the program that plays the messages... how are you closing the voice messages? Check task manager, processes tab and verify the playback program closes after each use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLET...

Microsoft Project 2007
I am trying to install the trial version of MS PROJECT 2007. I downloaded to my desk top and tried to burn to a disc as instructed but it loads to the disc as a file and I get a message stating the file can not be read. What am I not doing? Spector9 You may need to try a program like Roxio Easy Media Crerator, etc. They have a trial download available. "Spector9" wrote: > I am trying to install the trial version of MS PROJECT 2007. I downloaded to > my desk top and tried to burn to a disc as instructed but it loads to the > disc as a file and I ...

Undo in Excel 2007/Vista
How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. Samsea Samsea wrote: > How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't > find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a > new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. > > Samsea At the very top of the screen on the left side you should see the undo redo buttons. gls858 G...

Exchange 2007 and blackberry Ent server 4.1.3
Hello, I had the following questions regarding Exchange 2007 and blackberry Ent server 4.1.3 1. Is it advisable to install blackberry server on the Exchange HUB server, mailboxes are on a separate cluster? 2. What components of Exchange server 2007 are required on the blackberry server? 3. Is there a 64 bit requirement for Blackberry server? Thanks in advance On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:28:01 -0700, Kanwar <Kanwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I had the following questions regarding Exchange 2007 and blackberry Ent >server 4.1.3 >1. Is it advisable to in...

problems with Office 2007
I have Microsoft Office 2007. Sometimes it works, at least the first time I use it after i start my computer. The next time I click on Word or Excel, it opens to a blank screen. The toolbars do appear at the top of the screen. If I click ANYWHERE on the screen or the commands a blue bar appears at the top of the screen which reads "Document 1 - Microsoft Word" and I get the hourglass. If I do nothing but wait that hourglass just stays on the screen forever. the only way out of this is to click the 'X' in the upper right hand corner. Then I get the messag...

Graphic saved to PDF in Word 2007 corrupted in Reader 9 but OK in
I have saved a document in Word 2007 to PDF containing an embedded Visio diagram (insert object from file). In Adobe Reader 9 the picture is corrupted though it is OK in Adobe Reader 8. It is as though the picture is marked out in rectangles and the corners of the rectangles shaded in. I have tried with an embedded picture and the result is the same. I have also tried with Word 2010 and it is the same too. I even tried a freeware PDF printer driver instead of 'Save As' from Word, and the image is OK in both Adobe Reader 8 and Adobe Reader 9. I really need to use Word stan...

How To: Ribbons
Hi, I want to create a custom ribbon menu but load it from code when the database starts (Autoexec), e.g. the ribbon menu is temporary in that I DON'T/CAN'T use the 'USysRibbons' table (ADP and all that, tables are stored in Oracle), so after I've connected to the Oracle server and created a recordset to the menu ribbon table that stores my XML, I then load my menu ribbons by using the code, While not rs.EOF Application.LoadCustomUI rs!MENU_RIBBON_NAME, rs!MENU_RIBBON_XML rs.movenext Wend So the question, what is the code that will hide the curre...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

Disabling Office 2007 startup GUI
Is it possible to disable the first box that appears after I click on the ..exe for e.g Word? I'm referring to the yellow welcome box with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007' This is a Word for Mac group. Word 2007 is a program for Windows. Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It is already answered in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement. Yves "Abi" <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:460E7E7C-1D8D-4723-87DB-5E57671A3E4B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to disable the first box that appears after...

Outlook 2007 Ribbon
Hi I have just installed Outlook 2007 at home and everything is fine. I have upgraded at work and there is now ribbon. I am looking to roll this out across the organisation and want consistency of interface. Is there a way to turn the ribbon on when upgrading? TJ "TJ" <noreply@nothere.com.de.fr> wrote in message news:eXZNaXUdIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have just installed Outlook 2007 at home and everything is fine. I have > upgraded at work and there is now ribbon. I am looking to roll this out > across the organisation and want c...

Disabling Word 2007 startup box
Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:46:02 -0800, Abi <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow >box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. Edit the desktop shortcut to add a space and the characters /q at the end, after the closing quote mark: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /q For more things you c...

Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007
I am having some formatting issues when it comes to sending a 2007 publisher file to Outlook 2007(html). I usually distorts the formatting of my graphics, add spaces etc. Is there a setting i can teak to resolve this? ...

Excel Ribbon
This might have been asked in the past but I can not find a post about it. My question is why is it when you click a command on the ribbon; for instance: -Page Layout -Then put a check mark in Gridlines and Headings to print it takes a while to do. The circle just keeps circling. I try to change the width and height and that takes it time. In other words it is very slow. I also have Office 2007 installed on my desktop with Windows XP and there are no issues. Its click click click and your done. The system I am having issues with is my new laptop. Very fast, to me anyway, computer unti...

Money 2007 Reports.
In Performance by investment type reports, the last two columns are "% Rate of Return" and "Annual % Return". Do you know how are these indicators calculated? ...

Migrate Outlook 2002/Exchange 2000 to Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007
Hi, I'm planning for a SBS 2000 to SBS 2008 migration and have a question about Outlook. Currently we are running Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000. My plan is to do an Outlook export of all the current Outlook 2002 emails to individual .pst files (can't do Exmerge due to space constraints on our C drive). Then I thought to import the .pst files to Outlook 2007 on the workstations (after I install Outlook 2007 on them, they now have Outlook 2002). BTW:I have the new SBS 2008 server with Exchange 2007 up but not in production just yet. Question: can I do the import of...