Returned e mail messages

Hi,
I have posted several times but the answers that I have
had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in
Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting
company called oneandone internet. I have followed the
account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send
and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my
contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to
me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to
either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an
original e mail to the address. I always get a returned
mail/undeliverable message which means that I have to
send the buyer/seller a message via my hotmail account
which is time consuming and somewhat defeats the object
of having mail delivered that just requires a reply.
My ISP is Freeserve.co.uk but I do not use the Freeserve
mail address that I had to register when I joined. I also
cannot use the Test message feature in account setup it
checks the first two boxes and then waits a while before
checking the next two but then it says error failed to
connect to outgoing mail server. Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74722)

So what does the 'return' give for the reason?
David

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have posted several times but the answers that I have
> had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in
> Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting
> company called oneandone internet. I have followed the
> account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send
> and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my
> contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to
> me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to
> either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an
> original e mail to the address. I always get a returned
> mail/undeliverable message which means that I have to
> send the buyer/seller a message via my hotmail account
> which is time consuming and somewhat defeats the object
> of having mail delivered that just requires a reply.
> My ISP is Freeserve.co.uk but I do not use the Freeserve
> mail address that I had to register when I joined. I also
> cannot use the Test message feature in account setup it
> checks the first two boxes and then waits a while before
> checking the next two but then it says error failed to
> connect to outgoing mail server. Can anyone help?

0
dl1 (180)
1/14/2004 2:06:45 PM
Hi David,
The message I get is problem with my e mail software, I
cannot figure this one out at all.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/14/2004 5:57:07 PM
If all other 'sends/replies' are ok and this msg is specific to ebay
never had a problem -
Are you using Word / anything other than plain text / signed mail /
certificates etc
Test: You say it checks first two but fails on second two
Is this a send/receive test for each account if so which account is it
failing on
Try sending a test msg to yourself using both accounts ie A to A, A to B etc

> Hi David,
> The message I get is problem with my e mail software, I
> cannot figure this one out at all.

0
dl1 (180)

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Need some help to Sned a WM_DROPFILES message
Hi, I need to send a WM_DROPFILES message from an application to another one. Step 1 : Here is the code of the receiver application, it works fine when i manualy drop file on the dialog //--------------------------------------------------------------------// void CReceiverDlg::OnDropFiles (HDROP hDropInfo) { char FileName[MAX_PATH]; const int NbFile = DragQueryFile (hDropInfo, 0xFFFFFFFF, FileName, MAX_PATH); for (int i = 0; i < NbFile; i++) { DragQueryFile (hDropInfo, i, FileName, MAX_PATH); DoSomeStuff (FileName); } CDialog::OnDropFiles(hDropI...

Outlook e-mail left margin print problem
When I print e-mails from Outlook Express the left margin cuts off a few characters. How do I fix this? Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I print e-mails from Outlook Express the left margin > cuts off a few characters. How do I fix this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Server message/Client Messages
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange server on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? ...

SaveAs wk3 file type error message
I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format. I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus 123 file formats. When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting." Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Ken Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel 2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your registry policy setting" http://s...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Outlook 2003
I have a user who is reporting that whilst creating a new mail/ replying to a mail, it will occassionally blank out all the text in the mail. If he minimizes or maximizes the mail he can breifly see all the text he has typed, but it dissapears straight away. I've not managed to recreate teh problem myself, but am hoping this is a general issue with a simple answer. Thanks in advance. ...

pop mail wil not send
Hi, I use exchange server 2003 on a windows 2003 server. I have a problem with sending mail by POP. An user used exchange (2003) mail in outlook that worked fine. Now that user wants to use pop mail so he will not have a permanent connection to a server, he receives mail but cannot send mail. Do I have to configure something on the exchange server? I saw when I use WEB mail that I cannot send mail using web mail. I press send an the mail went to the draft folder. What do I miss configured? Robert You do not send mail by POP3. You send it by SMTP. Any error message when user sends? giro wr...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

How to Get Rid of Surfboard Shim Object View Message
I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get this message about Surfboard Shim Object View. I've opened, saved, and cancelled it and it still keeps coming back. How do I get this to stop? Thanx In microsoft.public.money, Toni Black <Toni Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my >MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get >this message about Surf...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

OWA Red X's when sending/replying to e-mails
I just rebuilt my wifes computer and installed Windows XP Pro, Office XP Pro, and all of the windows updates available. She is able to log onto her Outlook Web Access and view e-mails. Unfortunately, when she tries to reply or create a new e-mail the message field has a red X in the upper left corner. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm having a similar problem sending/replying to an email in OWA using Windows XP Pro I can read email, but cannot reply, send or forward. No error message. You click on send and nothing happens. You eventually have to just close the email - which the...

Outlook has error with e-mail accounts
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. Everything worked fine until yesterday. Now, even though I have 2 e-mail user accounts that I can see and modify in Outlook, I have no "Send" button, and if I select the "Accounts" button on a mail message, I get a message telling me that Outlook has encountered an error. So I can't send or receive anything. The send function is no longer on the toolbar or the menu. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office, and the problem is still there. Did you try to go to the view menu, Toolbar, Customise In the toolbar tab C...

Exchange 2003 not accepting message to a group
We have a group with several people in it. When an email is sent to that group from someone who is not in the group the email never seems to go through. I checked the Message Restrictions for the group and it is set to 'From everyone'. Is there another option I need to be looking for? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:39:32 -0500, "Joe" <jbassking@noemail.noemail> wrote: >We have a group with several people in it. When an email is sent to that >group from someone who is not in the group the email never seems to go >through. > >I checked the ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

windows live mail 01-05-10
Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (I think) from live mail but so far no replies. I've tried several hotel sites inquiring about accommodation etc. and still waiting for response. Mail seems to go ok Any suggestions? b.potts What happens if you send a message to yourself? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "incoming mail" <incoming mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2A7697-DBA5-4EAA-98FC-065033D9F40C@microsoft.com... > Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (...

Outlook saves unsent messages to Inbox
Outlook XP Exchange 2000 When users are in Word, and go to file, send to, mail recipient (as attachment), then closes the email and says Yes to prompt to save message, the unsent message is saved to Inbox rather than drafts. Any ideas? Drafts is set as the folder to save unsent items in, and this works for all emails except when using the file, send to, function in Word. ...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Sending/Receiving Mail
Just recently, I installed Outlook 2000. Now, I have a Microsoft Broadband Adapter to use for connecting me to the net. Now, I do have aol, but I do also care to use Outlook for sending/receive e-mail. But, How do I send/receive mail? I know I hit "Send/Recieve Mail" but, it won't actually send my mail. What it will do is put it in the "Outbox" not in "Sent Items" is there a way i can fix that? ...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

how do i open an e-mail with xls extension #2