Return Receipt causes Outlook 2000 crash/exception

One of our users on Outlook 2000 has received a message
from a user
that requested a return receipt.  He moved the message to
his "Deleted
Items" folder, and now cannot delete it or empty the
deleted items.
If he clicks on it, Outlook crashes with an exception
code of
0xC0000005.  Attempting to change the message status
to "read" results
in the same crash.

Other info:

 - The message was sent by a Mozilla/Gecko client
 - In the Deleted Items folder, the message claims to
have no "From:"
info, but in the headers, it clearly does.
 - The message has no X-Sender header (though this
shouldn't matter)
 - It is a plain text message
 - There is no attachment
 - It has a header:  "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit"

I have searched far and wide, and have found nothing to
indicate that
anyone else is having a similar problem.  I'm wondering
if the "read
receipt" is a red herring, and maybe the issue lies
elsewhere.

Any light that anyone can shed on this would be much
appreciated.

Thanks !
Hansen
0
ballh (1)

-Outlook Problem-
Repost - original lost in wrong thread!! I have Outlook 2003 setup to open with the inbox page but when I click on the personal folders I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point RtlDuplicateUnicodeString could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll". When I click on the OK button everything carries on as normal. The problem on happens once in every session of using Outlook and there appears to be no other side effects. I'm using Win2k with SP3 Any ideas of how to stop this from happening. Paul ...

Phantom signatures in Outlook 2002/2003
In Outlook 2002 and 2003 I have a case where there are phantom entries on the Insert -> Signature menu. Several of the entires do not have signatures associated with the menu items. Is there a way to "erase" the menu items that Outlook provides when clicking on Insert -> Signature? I've looked in the registry and not been able to find a name/value pair that controls this. I've also removed all the exiting files from /Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/Signatures Any help would be appreciated. Mark McFadden ...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Outlook/Exchange Rule Question
We are running Exchange v5.5 SP4 and Outlook XP SP2. I need to create a global RULE in everyone's Outlook account, that will move messages based on a certain content into a certain folder. This rule will be identical for everyone, so I was wondering if there was a way to globally apply the rule. I know that Exchange 5.5 does not support global policies ( at least I think it does not). But I dint know if there was some other method I could use to apply this rule set down to all Outlook accounts. Also, can I globally modify the AUTO ARCHIVING options in the Outlook accounts? Any info wo...

Exchange 2000 upgrade
I currently run an Exchange 2000 standard on a Windows 2000 standard server in a Windows 2000 mixed mode domain. The current Exchange server is also a DC and a GC server. I am preparing to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Ent with Windows 2003 standard server on a new box. This new box will have 4 GB RAM and 6 - 72 GB drives. We have about 75 mailboxes. I'm looking for advices on the following information: _ Step-by-Step upgrade instructions _ My Exchange server is in Mixed mode, is it necessary to change it to Native mode before I upgrade _ Does it matter if I move the mailboxes be...

Printing options within Outlook
I've got two Office XP printing questions for the newsgroup. 1. Is there a way to print only the content of an e-mail message without having to save it as a .rtf file and editing it? The goal is to print the message without the header information. 2. When printing calendar items that were sent to a large group of people, how do you print the "To:" field. In XP, it appears that this field is not printed after a certain number of recipients are reached. Any help would be appreciated. I can be e-mailed at: greg dot vassar at aaipharma dot com ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Outlook command
Who can help me? I have to schedule a new message with a few predefined e-mail adresses (i.e. oft file), a predefined subject, one or more attachments and a predefined body. All this will help me to send an automatically made report to a few users. I will paste the command I want to know in a windows scheduler. When it's works, a few users have in de morning a nw report. Thnx for helping me. Jim. Answered in microsoft.public.office.misc Please do not multi-post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest...

Getting error in outlook
hi steve here i am getting error in outlook o/s : 98 Error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. any help would be appreciated >hi steve here >i am getting error in outlook >o/s : 98 > >Error: >Unable to display the folder. >Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. >Errors have been detected in ...

Voiding posted shipment receipts
We are not using Great Plains to track our inventory, but we are importing POs and shipment receipts data into Great Plains v9.0 for accounting purposes. We just had an instance where duplicate receipts were imported and posted before they were caught. I've checked in many places, but can't find information on how to deal with a posted shipment receipt. Would it just be considered a return? Any advice is greatly appreciated! daw ...

Import into Outlook from Folder
Hi all Is there a free tool that is available for importing messages from a folder into Microsoft Outlook 2002? We have had computer problems, and have finally decided to move over to outlook from outlook express. We copied the sub-folders in outlook express into new folders in my computer, but trying to copy 4000 e- mails into outlook gives error messages. Every so often during this process the explorer process will terminate, leaving us totally confused as to where we finished. We are running XP Home Service pack 2. PLEASE HELP!!! H@mst3r H@mst3r wrote: > Hi all > > Is there...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

AOL DSL compatability issues with Outlook
Dear anybody, How do I get around the problem with my Outlook and aol's dsl. Attachments drop, emails don't go, error messages like: ....Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCCof) :'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' AOL knows there is a problem, but doesn't offer support for Outlook, I know there is a work around, but have no idea what it is. I am able to use XP to work around using their software (which they deny is possible hahahah), but t...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Outlook 2003
I have a user who is reporting that whilst creating a new mail/ replying to a mail, it will occassionally blank out all the text in the mail. If he minimizes or maximizes the mail he can breifly see all the text he has typed, but it dissapears straight away. I've not managed to recreate teh problem myself, but am hoping this is a general issue with a simple answer. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook not displaying holidays
I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make this happen. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Skip >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to >display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of >holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the >end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make >this happen. > >Tha...

Problems with outlook 2007and windows 7
Hi, i installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 talking to our Exchange (2007) server. NOw every time i check for mails my outlook stays at the "offline address book is being connected" (my translation of the german text) message and i have to manally end the task nothing happens forever. Any idea why ? -- Senaj Lelic DE MVP Visio maguro DataAssist GmbH ...

Accessing CRM 4 in Outlook Environment over Internet
One of our clients is using Exchange 2007 and many users are accessing Outlook through RPC over HTTP. They are using CRM 4.0. They now want to access CRM in outlook environment over internet. Is that possible without VPN? Has anyone implemented CRM 4 in that kind of environment? Is there any document available? Will appreciate if someone could help. <badri1203@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d79ed213-a088-4aa7-adc5-d55bf2be1f9e@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Is that possible without VPN? Yes > Is there any document available? The implementation guide covers it, search for ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Excel 2000 date does not display date correctly
I want to enter birthdays into a cell. I use the "format cell" for style 5/10/89 (for example). When I actually enter the birth date in this fashion 52952 and press the arrow/enter key I receive the following date: 12/21/44. I thought when I formatted the cell with the date option, I could enter the birth date in this fashion 52952 and the slashes (/) would be entered automatically. How can I resolve this odd date entry? No, sorry, you can't do that. Some kind of separators between days, months, years is required. Excel has no way of interpreting an entry like 1111...

Outlook fails to shut down... error message not listed in MS KB
Every time I use Outlook and close it, the Task Manager process list still has Outlook listed. If I forget to check, several listings of Outlook will show in the processes list. Then when my backups are supposed to run (pfbackup) I get the error message "outlook has failed to successfully shut down. Please restart and then exit Outlook again." I cannot find any info on this and would appreciate any experienced help trying to troubleshoot this. Thank you Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronizatio...

Outlook 2007 and CRM Outlook Client 4.0 Restart Issue
Installed CRM Outlook Client 4.0 on three IBM laptops successfully. However, there seem to be a problem afterward, where Outlook 2007 wants to restart itself. After clicking ok it restarts, and reinitialize CRM Client, but minutes later wants to restart again. The users are getting very frustrated. Is there a known issue related to this particluar issue? Is there a fix? We have removed and reinstalled the CRM client. Once removed the problems goes away, as soon as the CRM Client 4.0 is install the problems persist. Check the hotfixes for the Birthdate 1/1/1970 issue Pete "...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...