Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive

Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook.  The old
drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc.
How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook
express from this older disc?  I'd like to save all those messages to a
backup/archive.
Thanks, Shayne.
0
Shayne (11)

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Shayne asked:

| Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook.
| The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an
| external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all
| the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc?  I'd like
| to save all those messages to a backup/archive.
| Thanks, Shayne.

0
MillyS (3228)
4/19/2005 3:12:00 AM
Thanks Milly, shall do.  By the way, is it possible to import the previous
emails in Outlook Express (from the external drive) into a full version of
Outlook on my new hard disc?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
> Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
> Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.
>
> You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:
>
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Shayne asked:
>
> | Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook.
> | The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an
> | external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all
> | the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc?  I'd like
> | to save all those messages to a backup/archive.
> | Thanks, Shayne.

0
Shayne (11)
4/19/2005 10:25:02 AM
Shayne <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks Milly, shall do.  By the way, is it possible to import the
> previous emails in Outlook Express (from the external drive) into a
> full version of Outlook on my new hard disc?

Yes, but first you must import the old OE messages into OE on the new
computer and then you can export them from OE to Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

WMP Opens up to the last played video
When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. Is there a way to disable this? no, and one must be very careful with this problem. "mavalent" <mavalent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1460BD8C-4DB3-4213-9E98-BBDEC4951EF0@microsoft.com... > When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is > brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. > Is > there a way to disable this? What...

Outlook Cached Mode: New Message over slow link
Hi, we use Outlook 2003 RTM on notebooks, which connect via VPN over a modem link. When we use Outlook in cached mode, how long does it take util a user sees a new message? It seams to take minutes... Is that time configurable? Thanks Thomas ...

am unable to open my .mny file
i'm getting a 5101 error. that it can't locate the file i clicked on (no, i am NOT kidding), or that the file is read only. it's not. and i certainly have permission, so double check. the backups produce the same error. what really stifles my pea-sized brain is that this is happening on the same file in 3 different locations on 3 different files (all having the same name - don't ask it's complicated, but it works for me). anyway, needless to say, support is lacking severely in this area. i can understand 2005 isn't supported any more, but hey, think of it t...

IMAP folder's Inbox appears to open in a quasi autopreview mode
Why does my IMAP Outlook folder's inbox repeatedly open in a quasi AutoPreview mode in that some but not all messages appear to be displayed as autopreview displays messages. I have it configured to open in Preview mode which works but it also is displaying some messages in autopreview mode at the same time. Note: This doesn't happen with a pop3 email account's inbox. It seems to only happen with the inbox of an IMAP account's personal folder. Does anyone know hoe to fix this? Richard E. Maier Community Legal Services Inc. I.T. Manager ...

Delete email at set date
When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so it often does not get deleted. When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a date in the future? I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later, but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input. Barbara > When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or > weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my > inbox, so it often does not get delet...

Open Report Conditions
I have a listbox where I select a report to open. This value then goes into a textbox. I also have a start and end date textbox on my form which tels me from what dates I need to run the report. My question is how do I do this from a command button? DoCmd.OpenReport"Me.TextBoxReportName",,,,StartDate=Me.TxtStartDate and EndDate = Me.TextEndDate" This doesn't seem to work, any help is appreciated. Thanks DS DS, You could base your reports on a query that uses the between FORMS!yourform!TxtStartDate and FORMS!yourform!TxtEndDate as its criteria. Then w...

Junk Email Policy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C56D02.AD8EDB70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can disable or control the = Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter at a global level. Kind Regards, --=20 Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP 2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General www.McGroarty.org ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C56D02.AD8EDB70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYP...

toolbars in outlook 2000
Hi. I am using outlook 2000. I had my outlook set up so that I had the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on separate rows at the top. However recently, I noticed that the standard toolbar was the only one in the window. I right clicked in an empty space in the toolbar and checked advanced, and it appeared. However, when I closed outlook, then reopened it, I was back to square one where only the standard toolbar was in view. I did the detect and repair, but it didn't work. Any ideas on what is wrong and what to do to fix it? Thanks. ...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

Opening emails
I have managed to change this before but cannot find where this would be done. When looking at new emails in the preview pane (not opening the email) and then switching to another email, it automatically becomes "Read". How to I go about changing this? I remember when I managed to do it before it had reference to the time spent looking at the email. Thanks for your help Freddie Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook F...

Outlook Mail confusion
Please excuse me, but I am new to the Exchange world. I have users who up till about one week ago, accessed Microsoft Exchange Outlook mail througha secure web browser. At that time, they did not have their accounts set up on the workstation. Upon visiting their desktop, I clicked on properties/accounts and so forth and set up the account. Now they receive their mail through Outlook directly from the server, as they wanted. The problem is that they cannot se any old mail that they had when they accessed through the web. in addition, when they access through the Web, they also d...

Using Workflow to Notify Salespeople of Open Cases
I follow the instructions from the article : http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/notifyopencase.mspx But the mail is send to the owner of the Case ( the CSR ) and not to the owner of the Account which is regarding to the Case ( the Salespeople ). Could anyone help ? ...

Outlook 2003 & Newsreader
Installed Outlook 2003. Added "News" to Go menu and it worked for a short time. While in News, Outlook crashed. Since then, I have been unable to get to the Newsreader. News is no longer in the Go menu, nor is it in the Go menu within Customize. News can no longer be selected from anywhere it seems. I've run Detect and Repair but still no joy. Ideas? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch i...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Importing To Outlook from Outlook Express Problem
I have been using Outlook Express and there are a lot of folders and emails in my Outlook Express. I tried Import the Outlook Express into my Outlook and not all of the e-mails were copied over. There are many folder names that are empty. It looks like there isn't enought space in Outlook to store my Outlook Express? Can someone help me in suggestions to move my Outlook Express folders and address over into Outlook. I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and my Outlook is 2003 Sp3 Thank You, G ...

email forwarding (results in two forwarded emails)
Environments is as follows Single Domain spanning two sites SiteA - Combined Exchange 2003 Server + 2003 DC Server (Just recently migrated from 200DC + Exchange 5.5) SiteB - Two Separate Exchange 2003 and 2003 AD DC A number of the accounts belonging to SiteA Admin Group have automatic forwards to external emails with a copy stored in the mailbox. When these accounts are sent external or emails from SiteA all is fine, however emails sent from users in SiteB results in two forwarded emails. It appears SiteB takes it on itself to forward the email to the external address, and the...

unspecified error at opening
Hello, my MS Word 2007 doc is getting an unspecified error at opening. The error message is a problem is with content - Location: Part: /word/footer4.xml, Line 2, Column: 583. How can I recover this doc? How can this be avoided in the future? Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Jim ...

Outlook XP Mail Check Interval
I just obtained MS Outlook and I need to set the time for checking mail every xx minutes, like in Eudora. I have looked all over and can't find anything to define this. TIA, J On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:05:52 -0800, Justin <justint2004@gmail.com> wrote: >I just obtained MS Outlook and I need to set the time for checking >mail every xx minutes, like in Eudora. I have looked all over and >can't find anything to define this. > >TIA, >J > > Never mind I found it. Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Send and Receive section. "Justin" <j...

Disable Outlook Security Check on Add-in
Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for Exchange 2003? Thanks B-Dog wrote: > Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an > application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I > can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for > Exchange 2003? Thanks Tis isn't really an Exchange issue - best to post in microsoft.public.outlook. But can you cont...

Outlook Rules work sporatically
I will try to be thorough, my Outlook rules, work on occasion. The rules are setup up to move emails from my inbox to other personal folders I have created, but at times they work, at times they don't. I have erased all of the rules and recreated them and the problem still persists, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Corky Is it possible that multiple rules are acting on a single message, producing results that are not what you intended? If so, try adding "stop processing more rules" to your rules and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Problems using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003
we are using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003 and experiencing the following problem: The problem is that once the outlook shared contact file was placed on a shared server, employees discovered that when an invitation is sent out to other members it would not come up as a "decline" or "accept" message but just as a plain text message informing them of a meeting. Any suggestion? Thanks Pete wrote: > we are using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003 and > experiencing the following problem: > > The problem is that once the outlook shared contact...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...