Retrieving "old" Contacts Info

My "old" hard drive is a "slave", it originally operated
on windows 98. My new operating system is xp.

I cannot retrieve my contacts from my "old" outlook
express (on slave drive). I'm able to locate what I
believe are the outlook express files, but when opened
the "old" contact information is not there. It appears to
be running in the new outlook
form, even though it's getting the information off
my "old" drive.

The information I'm trying to retrieve is/was in
Outlook Express, 6 I believe. Outlook has been installed
on the "new" system/drive.

Please Help !!
0
anonymous (74720)

Cannot auto sign in
I'm faced with the same problem that I had a couple of months ago - I cannot sign in automatically to WLM with Live ID after a reboot. I am always asked for my password. The remember password box is ticked. Once I have signed in, I can exit and reopen WLM without problems but only during the session before I restart the comp again. "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:-9Sdnd0cI85HisTRnZ2dnUVZ8ridnZ2d@bt.com... > I'm faced with the same problem that I had a couple of months ago - I > cannot sign in automatically to WLM ...

That old #VALUE! problem
I have made up a spreadsheet that has lots of cells with IF formulas but I want the result of those cells to add up as a total. However, no matter how I try, the total cell keeps coming out with the dreaded #VALUE!. All the IF formulas are fine and work well but I need them all to add up but show nothing in the cell unless there is a value worked out in the original IF cells. Hope that's clear and that someone can help. I am using OFFICE2000. Nick What exactly is your formula? If you don't show us the formula that creates the problem we can't identify the problem, Any...

Reworking an old database
I am working on a database that was originally designed and built in 2000 by someone who was just learning Access. One issue that I am faced with is how to handle an oversight and correct it without endangering the contents of the database. The Staff table has a primary key of a person's Initials and includes the following essential fields: FirstName, LastName, and Title. The Title field contains the individual's current position in the firm, and the table contains duplicate text values. I want to change this field to a numeric and link it to a table that contains t...

Outlook 2003
We upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003 last week. Everything was going fine until now. We have almost a thousand contacts in a public folder. The permissions on the folder are set so that all users can add and read contacts, but not edit. We have a single user that has edit rights. Under OL2000, any user could change the view to 'by category', select any contact or category, hit the 'New message to contact' button, and send e-mails to all that were selected. Under OL2003, it seems that edit permission is required to do this. Since our policy on the public contacts ...

Old Mail Recovery
I need to recover old mail from a secondary drive that was previously my C: drive on my old computer but is now my secondary drive on my new computer. I am unable to import the old mail because I don't know the path used by Outlook to store the mail on the old drive. Run a search for a file with the following extension: .pst. Regards Stefano Colasanti Associate Expert Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c39831$e2577df0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to recover old mail from a...

Make new replies start at the top of the old message not the bottom
well just as obvious as it sounds, currently when I click the reply button it takes me to the bottom of the old message, it should take me to the top instead. why people have to scroll all the way to the bottom for new message? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0190_01CB10A3.DE268090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable one of the options causes thjis. check them over carefully. mikeyshd "Ryu" <mazenko89@gmail.com> wrote in message = news...

Public Folders Contacts Merge
Is it possible to merge a local contact database from my outlook with another in the Public Folders using the same name? This is on a Small Business Server 2003 Thanks, Adam Adam Zilberman wrote: > Is it possible to merge a local contact database from my outlook with > another in the Public Folders using the same name? > This is on a Small Business Server 2003 > > Thanks, Adam You can copy the items from one place to another, you can import, etc....but why not keep all business contacts in the public contacts folder & leave your mailbox contacts for personal contacts? I...

Old data to new computer
I have a new computer with the latest Office 2003. I save the old addresses on a CD: archive.pst & extend.dat How do I get that into the new Outlook program? Open up outlook and look under the "file" menu click "import and export" then you just follow the wizard. Jake "gary ono" <garyono@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:2116f01c45a17$a7cbb770$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new computer with the latest Office 2003. I save > the old addresses on a CD: archive.pst & extend.dat How do > I get that into the new Outlook program? ...

Export from old backup using Exmerge issue
I have a db that I've restored to the RSG, and several of mailboxes I needed to export no longer had existing AD accounts resulting in this error: "Error! Cannot identify the user with the msExchMailboxGuid". Using info I found from various Google searches I've replaced the new GUID using the old GUID after converting it to hex. This has worked for all users but one. Exmerge log shows the orgional GUID to be \CF5j\AFA\EEhF\8DW\C1\8E\15\02\FAa which (I believe) converts to CF 35 69 AF 41 EE 48 46 8D 57 C1 8E 15 02 FA 61. Is there anything else I need to look for/cha...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

is it possible to apply a new template to an old presentation?
the company imposed a new template with new proprietary markings, etc. Now, I have to change all my presentations to the new template. Is there an easy way to do this? It seems that all the info only describes using a template in a new presentation situation. Hi Nick Yes you can. How successful it will be will depend on the presentations. Let us know your version and we'll tell you how to go about it (and what the potential pitfalls may be). Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "nick" <nick@di...

Mailbox Deleted but old appts still exist
Hello, I am running a Exchange 5.5 server that is in the process of migrating to 2000. Active directory and ADC are in place. When I delete a mailbox, the users appointments do not get deleted from the invitees. Is there a way to automatically clean up after deleted users? Thanks in advance for your assistance. The Schnugglebunny from Toronto So I guess this must be a stupid question. I can't find anything on it online and no one has offered any suggestions here...yikes. "Schnugglebunny" wrote: > Hello, > I am running a Exchange 5.5 server that is in the process...

auto reply when sending to old email address (same domain)

Retrieving "old" Contacts Info
My "old" hard drive is a "slave", it originally operated on windows 98. My new operating system is xp. I cannot retrieve my contacts from my "old" outlook express (on slave drive). I'm able to locate what I believe are the outlook express files, but when opened the "old" contact information is not there. It appears to be running in the new outlook form, even though it's getting the information off my "old" drive. The information I'm trying to retrieve is/was in Outlook Express, 6 I believe. Outlook has been installed on ...

how can i information from old computer to new one?
i got a new computer today, how can i transfer all the contact, tasks from old computer to the new one? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cad44e61-14b9-4584-8fdf-795c7cfd2cbe&d...

moving old purchase orders to history
I have a multitude of old purchase orders that were either never received or messed up in some form or fashion when we first installed GP. I was told that if I changed the POStatus to 5 in POP10100 and ran the PO utility they would all go away. Unfortunately, just the opposite has happened. Can someone tell the the correct status for the field in POP10100 and POP10110 to update to make them all go away? Basically we want to move all PO with a doc date prior to 1/1/2008 out of the active state. Thanks Jeff, Your issue is not uncommon, but unfortunately the steps you executed were n...

Contacts in Folder List
On my previous installation of Outlook 2003 I used to have mail folders, contact folders and the calendar all listed arranged on the left side under my mailbox (see below). Since re-installing Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7 machine my contacts and my calendar are shown as buttons at the bottom of the folder list. So far I have been unable to get them back into the folder list. Is it possible, and if so, how? FNL Mail Folder Calendar Contacts Deleted Items Drafts Inbox etc. Why don't you just click the Folder View button at the bottom of the Navigation Pan...

Year-old graphs in Excel
I'm trying to view some graphs that were created a year ago, but when I open the file, it's like looking at a blank page. The correct name is on the tab, but the sheet is completely white. Any suggestions on how to view the graphs? ...

OLD to NEW
I have an OLD excel spreadsheet template, which I need to work under excel 2003 as we are updating our software package. The issue is the old version used the QueryGetData function in Excel pria to version 2002 and 2003. I would like to know if anyone knows if there is a replacement function that can be used instead. The code is written in VBA, and excuted from a command button, it is used to connect to an external database and retrieve the data. Please email me @ uk_yourfriendREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com ...

Need a Days old to Date conversion
Hello, I have a number of days old that I need converted into the date tha the number originated from. For instance, If a unit is 390 days old what date was it received. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Marshall Lewi -- ml@po ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ml@pok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1622 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27740 Marshall If the days old is in A1 then in B1 type =Now()-A1 This will need to be formatted as a date -- HTH Nick Hod...

Opening an old XLSX document
I opened an .axils document from work with Office 2008 on my Mac. I'm not seeing the part of the spreadsheet that shows what I'm editing in my cell. How do display that in my header? Hi Howard, are you referring to the Formula Bar? If so, you can enable it by clicking on View>Formula Bar. On 22/12/09 3:27, Howard Brazee wrote: > I opened an .axils document from work with Office 2008 on my Mac. I'm > not seeing the part of the spreadsheet that shows what I'm editing in > my cell. How do display that in my header? -- Michel Bintener Micros...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

How to retrieve contact folder in owa
One of our users deleted contact folder accidently, how can i get it back. Thanks Do you have deleted item retention enabled? If so, the items may be recoverable that way. If not, you'll need to restore from backup to a recovery server. hh wrote: > One of our users deleted contact folder accidently, how > can i get it back. > Thanks ...

Old menu bars in Access 2007
Hi all,i've found how to run my old menu bar without the ribbon in Access 2007.My question is tho,can i display more than 1 menu bar instead of the ribbon as our app had 2 menu bars...thxThe method i've used is to turn off "Built in Menus" and select my MenuBar (from the drop down on the same screen) ...