Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express

Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook
Express. When tried to connect to see an old message,
didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My
messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on
Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to
retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really
needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them
so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks!
0
cdion (2)

Shortcut for composing message?
Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using Outlook 2003? I often want to quickly write an e-mail and it's a bit of a pain to have to open Outlook (from the system tray - a nice feature of OL2K3) and the click on "new". Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut? Or some add-on that makes this possible? Cheers. Bobby "Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message news:%23HLAKxCuDHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using Outlook > 2003? I often want to quickly ...

OL 2003: Lost toolbar customizations after installing Palm sync software
Running OL 2003 (SP-1 not applied) on Windows XP SP 1. I just installed Palm Desktop for my m505 to do OL sync with my Palm on this system. Install went OK, sync working, but now all my toolbar customizations are gone. I know that customizations aren't stored in the PST file. Which OL file does store these, and where is this file located? outcmd.dat, but if they are gone, the file was probably replaced. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engin...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Control Source Expression
Hi, I am designing a form and want to have a control that displays First Name and Last name from two fields. I have just two controls on this form "Last Name" which I dragged across from fields onto the from, and "Full Name" which is a text box i created. When I set the full name control source to : =[Last Name]&[First Name] But I get #Name? The interesting thing is that =[Last Name] works, presumeably because it is a control on the form, but =[First Name] doesnt? What am I missing? -Al Okay, I figurered it out, I have to set the forms record source to : SELE...

Certain messages cause OE to close
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAA0D6.201BD1A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Opening certain messages (many) in my OE causes it to automatically shut = down. I can't tell what are the specific characteristic of the emails = that cause this. I've disabled my AVG anti virus/email checker with no = improvement. Security settings in OE seem normal. Maybe something = corrupt in my OE? JK ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAA0D6.201BD1A0 Content-Type: text/html; chars...

Message Recall Failure #2
Help! - I recently recalled a message to someone who had Out of Office Auto Reply Set and have since been inundated (50+) Message Recall Failure messages. I am running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP Home Edition. Would welcome any suggestions on stopping this. Thanks in advance. ...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Outlook XP Mail Check Interval
I just obtained MS Outlook and I need to set the time for checking mail every xx minutes, like in Eudora. I have looked all over and can't find anything to define this. TIA, J On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:05:52 -0800, Justin <justint2004@gmail.com> wrote: >I just obtained MS Outlook and I need to set the time for checking >mail every xx minutes, like in Eudora. I have looked all over and >can't find anything to define this. > >TIA, >J > > Never mind I found it. Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Send and Receive section. "Justin" <j...

Importing To Outlook from Outlook Express Problem
I have been using Outlook Express and there are a lot of folders and emails in my Outlook Express. I tried Import the Outlook Express into my Outlook and not all of the e-mails were copied over. There are many folder names that are empty. It looks like there isn't enought space in Outlook to store my Outlook Express? Can someone help me in suggestions to move my Outlook Express folders and address over into Outlook. I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and my Outlook is 2003 Sp3 Thank You, G ...

I lost my NEWS tool button for Outlook 2003
I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. "Ray Hodil" wrote: > I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but > no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not > on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. > > "Ray Hodil" wrote: > I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but > no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not > on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. > > ...

regular expression won't match single digit
I am trying to create a regular expression for matching dates. After finding that my regex pattern didn't work I decided to pare it down and see if I could figure out why. Now I can't get the test to just match a single character and reject multiple characters. So in my test I have myRegex.pattern = "[0-9]" and myRegex.test("15"), if I am not mistaken that regular expression should just match 1 digit right? But 15 returns true because it finds at least 1 of the digits that matches. Am I doing something wrong? thanks. icccapital laid this down o...

Program trying to access e-mail addresses message
After running the latest Microsoft updates, we are now getting a dialog box when replying to e-mails that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No." It then offers to allow access for various time increments. Is there a way to stop this dialog box from popping up every time we reply to an e-mail? Thanks - Dale Anne Eucker Bernzott Capital Advisors dale anne <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After running the latest ...

Upgrading Outlook to 2003
I would like to update the Outlook client to 2003 version but was wondering since CRM is installed, can I just upgrade leaving CRM intact or do I need to uninstall CRM first, upgrade Outlook and reinstall CRM? ...

Messages to Hotmail sit in queue (retry)
*** Running Exch2k3 SP1 on Win2k3 Server with Symantec Mail Security for Exchange *** I consistently get emails directed to hotmail sit in queue in retry status. I frequently force the connection and a couple of msgs may go thru, but most remain in queue as the status goes from active right back to retry. I've downloaded and ran the smtpdiagtool and found that I get intermittent failures to connect to hotmail servers with an [error code 10060 - failed to submit mail to mx1 or 2 or 3 or 4.hotmail.com]. Other times it would go through, but the failures are intermittent for every mx...

VISTA compatibility with Outlook
Hi, Not able to find any compiled list showing which MS Office Outlook versions (XP, 2000, 2003, ...) are supported by Microsoft VISTA . Do anyone have idea which versions of the MS Office Outlook are supported by the Windows VISTA or can refer any web reference. Thanks, ...

Outlook 2003
I have a third party html broadcast editor. I am able to send an html email out to hotmail, yahoo, etc. and the html is shown correctly and display in the body of the email. However, when I send it to myself at work (Outlook 2003), it doesn't show up in the body of the email, it shows up as an attachment (untitled attachment), which i then have to double-click to open and then in that email body, the html is displayed properly... yahoo and hotmail display everything fine but not our internal network... running exch 5.5 btw. any ideas or suggestions? ...

Lost Product Key
Hi Please can someone tell me how I can find out who to call to get a new product key for my microsoft office software? I have followed instructions online and got to the bit where you are supposed to activate windows and choose the telephone option to get a telephone number but my windows is already activated so I don't know what to do next - any help would be gratefully received. Thank you Jo Jomas500 wrote: > ... but my windows is already activated so I don't know what to do next - > any help would be gratefully received. > Generally you ...

"filtering" external messages that target my distribution lists ?
Is there any way to "filter" external messages that target distribution lists in my organization ? I've seen that Mail Essentials can check headers and block messages sent to a certain number of recipient, but I am wondering how I can prevent somebody from sending unsolicited e-mail to one of my distribution lists ? Exch2000. ...

Can't display message
Over night outlook (xp) has started diplaying a message 'this html message contains a script which outlook cannot display. This may affect how the message appears.' when I try and view my Daily Dilbert e-mail. Can anyone give me any suggestion why this is as I can't seem to make it work. I have now solved the problem by doing a repair and re-setting to default settings. The error message doesn't come up anymore, which is quite bizzare as the default security settings are higher than what they were at when I couldn't get the email. "Vanguard" <rztqf6v02-NIX...

Net Folders in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? Thanks. They are gone and not replaced. See if anything here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm "Doug Talbott" <dtalbott@agnesscott.edu> wrote in message news:083c01c36864$576c27b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? > Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version > of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? > Thanks....

Problem -- Personal.XLS is being modified message keeps poping up.
When I open any workbook using Excel 97 and then try to open another instance of Excel, I always get a message saying something like, " Personal.xls is being modified by 'me' ." I certainly am not deliberately modifying personal.xls. When I change its attribute to 'read only' this does not happen. Can someone tell me what might be causing this message by trying to modify personal.xls and what I can do about it? Thank you. A follow on to this problem. With no other instance of Exel running that I am able to detect, if I try to open personal.xls, I get a message...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

Error messages on startup.
We have WinXP SP3. On starting up the computer we get the following error messages: 1/ "Product Identification Failure" Please reinstall the Program. then we get: 2/ "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library. Program C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. then we get: 3/ "Office Settings Restorer" has encountered a problem & needs to close. Can someone please help in fixing this problem? Frank Start off b...

Outlook Exits When going to the Inbox
Weird. Experienced Outlook termination with no warning or message of any kind - it first starts up in the 'outlook today' window, when I click on "inbox" outlook terminates. Wham bam. Of course it's intermittant. Thoughts? ...

Outlook 2004 to Entourage
Is there any way to move my pc Outlook 2004 messages, contacts, notes, tasks & calendar over to Entourage 2004? Forever grateful! LS There is no Outlook 2004, the latest is Outlook 2003. Do you mean the Windows Outlook 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, lynsun(don'tdare)@ asked: | Is there any way to move my pc Outlook 2004 messages, contacts, | notes, tasks &...