Retrieving deleted email #2

How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed
that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover
deleted item?  I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my
email address about 3 weeks ago.  Thanks for all your help

0
ccfelice (2)

ccfelice@gmail.com <ccfelice@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed
> that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover
> deleted item?  I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my
> email address about 3 weeks ago.  Thanks for all your help

If you didn't delete it, it won't be available with Recover Deleted Items.
Instead, perhaps you archived it.  Check your archive PST.

If you did delete it and the retention period has passed, you cannot recover
it unless you made a backup of your mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
> ccfelice@gmail.com <ccfelice@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed
>> that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover
>> deleted item?  I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my
>> email address about 3 weeks ago.  Thanks for all your help
>
> If you didn't delete it, it won't be available with Recover Deleted
> Items. Instead, perhaps you archived it.  Check your archive PST.
>
> If you did delete it and the retention period has passed, you cannot
> recover it unless you made a backup of your mailbox.

Or the user could contact their Exchange admin and ask their mailbox be
restored back to a specified backup date.  Although the user deletes
their mails and they no longer show up in the mailbox, the company is
probably still doing a backup every day.  They should be retaining every
e-mail ever sent despite what shows up currently in the user's mailbox
or using Exchange's Recover feature.  What the user thinks is deleted
never gets deleted from backups (except depending on the retention
periods defined in the rollover schedule of media used in the company's
backup scheme).  Only the Exchange admin(s) would know how often their
hosts gets backed up, or they'll have to contact the IT dept. to find
out.

Vanguard <vanguard.news@yahooNIX.com> wrote:

> Or the user could contact their Exchange admin and ask their mailbox
> be restored back to a specified backup date.

That's true and I had thought of that, but logistically I think it's a
less-than-ideal choice because I don't think one can selectively restore a
mailbox; it's either all or none and that would destroy the current stuff in
the mailbox.  Steps would have to be taken to reserve the data more recent
than the mailbox backup.  Correct?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/11/2006 2:19:38 PM

In news:%23xWhxXQdGHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> typed:
> Vanguard <vanguard.news@yahooNIX.com> wrote:
>
>> Or the user could contact their Exchange admin and ask their mailbox
>> be restored back to a specified backup date.
>
> That's true and I had thought of that, but logistically I think it's a
> less-than-ideal choice because I don't think one can selectively
> restore a mailbox; it's either all or none and that would destroy the
> current stuff in the mailbox.  Steps would have to be taken to
> reserve the data more recent than the mailbox backup.  Correct?

In Exchange 2003, there's a recovery storage group feature - and you can
exmerge out to PST. With prior versions, you had to build a recovery server,
do a full restore, then exmerge. Neither of these is a super quick 'n easy
procedure - and the company would have to have retained good backups from
that time, rather than recycling those tapes....

I personally like to enable DIRT (deleted item recovery time) for 30 days
when I have enough free disk/database space.

0
lanwench (7567)

Copying formulas Part 2
I have two worksheets open. In one, I can populate a cell with a formula, set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc... The other worksheet, this does not work. Is there a setting I'm overlooking? Neither sheet is protected or locked. I've gone through the options dialog box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed something. TIA Randy, Hi Randy double click will only work if there is data t...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

email attachment missing when mail promoted to CRM
I have V1.2 with rollup 1. Attachments are missing when e-mails are promoted from outlook. Is there a fix for this? I have checked and this problem only occures when accessing CRM via a VPN "ril" wrote: > I have V1.2 with rollup 1. > > Attachments are missing when e-mails are promoted from outlook. > > Is there a fix for this? ...

Junk Email Policy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C56D02.AD8EDB70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can disable or control the = Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter at a global level. Kind Regards, --=20 Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP 2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General www.McGroarty.org ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C56D02.AD8EDB70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYP...

Delete email at set date
When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so it often does not get deleted. When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a date in the future? I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later, but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input. Barbara > When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or > weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my > inbox, so it often does not get delet...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

Regular expression validation for email
I might be doing something stupid here but I really need some help. Can someone please tell me why can't I get this xml to pass my validation when I use XmlValidatingReader? The XMLSpy seems to accept it. XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Address> <email>x.x@x.com</email> </Address> XSD: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element nam...

how do you delete account
I downloaded my checking information and somehow the balance is wrong. I need to delete checking account and then redownload checking activity. I must have done something wrong during the import to Money. I figured out how to delete one item at a time but that would be to time consuming being 100 transactions to delete. Walt The general answer for general cases of people not using Money Essential (MEss) is to go to the Account List, Select the account, and use the Delete... choice on the r-click menu. IF Money discovered this account on its own through the downloaded transaction dat...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Word as email editor causes CPU hangs after SP2
Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in Outlook 2003 with XP SP2. These CPU hangs immedaitely stop if you turn OFF Word as your email editor. The problem is: we want to use Word as our emial editor. Has anyone discovered the cause/fix for this issue?? I would suggest disabling word add-ins (adobe.... ) I think this is probably the problem "BDW" <bdwhitney@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:UpGdnU7hcPEP6PTeRVn-ow@adelphia.com... > Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in >...

Sending Emails at a set time
Hi I frequently write a number of work related emails over night or in the early hours of the morning, and whilst I have been sending them, I am finding that some of my recipients are just block deleting overnight emails as the majority are usually spam. ( that's the other emails, not mine ) Is there some way I can progrmme them to be sent at say 10.00, so that they will not get mixed with the overnight onslaught please ? Many thanks David David Hicks Consultants Ltd Industrial Roofing & Cladding Consultants "david hicks" <david@dha-ltd.co.uk&g...

SSRS Wizard #2
Bonjour! I have installed the reporting services GP 10, but when I run the wizard, it doesn't seems to recognize my credentials that I put. Is it SQL Server Credentials or regular Windows authentication? Do I need to install GP10 on my Reporting Services web server? Regards, Joel :) Joel, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The wizard is looking for SQL credentials. How do you plan to use the reports? Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jo...

Is there a way I can find deleted assignments from 2007-2009?
These are important assignments. When were the files deleted? If they were deleted recently, there might be a chance, but special software will be needed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lola" <Lola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4531D857-9332-4E01-9C63-788B553C8EBF@microsoft.com... > These are important assignments. It may be possible. When files are deleted, what happens is that the sector(s) used on the HDD is marked as free and the file descriptor is removed from the FAT. In reality, the data is still on the disk UNLES...

userform to 2 seperate sheets
XL2000 userform I am using this code for a userform to add parts to a sheet named parts and all works well as is I would also like it to add just the value of this line ws.Range("A" & r).Value = txtPartnumber.Value to sheet2 column DR starting at DR2 is it possible? Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim r As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Parts") With ws If .AutoFilterMode Then If .FilterMode Then .ShowAllData End If End If End With r = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row ws.Range("A" & r).Value = txtPartnumber....

email & word
Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability to open email attachments. -- Thanks aWebParson Do you mean you no longer get attachments or you can't open them? What program do you use for email? What message do you get? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "awebparson" <awebparson@charter.net> wrote in message news:10ai59ur26h5t0e@corp.supernews.com... > Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability > to open email attachments. > > -- > Thanks > aWebParson > > ...

out of memory #2
When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only program or window I have open (othen then antivirus progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise. Thanks - DJ ...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Linear Regression #2
THE DATA ARE THE PERCENTAGE EXAMINATION MARKS (Y) AND TH PERCENTAGE ATTENDANCE AT CLASSES (X) FOR A GROUP OF 40 STUDENTS, PERFORM A LINEAR REGRESSION OF Y ON X AND USE THIS TO DETERMINE TH FOLLOWING AMOUNTS. INTERCEPT (a) 12.60463992 GRADIENT (b) 0.699961906 PREDICTED VALUE OF Y WHEN X = 60% PREDICTED VALUE OF Y WHEN X = 0% CORRELATION COEFFICIENT 0.81440364 COEFFICIENT OF DETERMINATION ESTIMATED ATTENDANCE WHEN MARK = 50% MARK % ATTENDANCE % WORKING AREA IF NEEDED 45 48 ...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Missing pictures from emails
Hi, When I send an email in Outlook containing pictures in the text body, some recipients receive OK others are missing the pictures. Anyone know why this happens an what can be done so that all can view the pictures? Thanks. what message format? if you attach them, do they arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...