Retrieving a sent email before recepient opens it

How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before
the recepient opens it ?
0
anonymous (74719)

Hit the "Do do send" before "I decide tomorrow" button.

"dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before
>the recepient opens it ?

0
jacob7467 (3)
10/10/2004 1:30:54 AM
Unless you are using an Exchange server, there is no message recall.  With
Exchange server, your chances are better.  However, the best way to retrieve
a message is to not send it until you have reread it and decide that this
should be sent.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After scratching one's head,
dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group:
| How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before
| the recepient opens it ?

0
MillyS (3228)
10/10/2004 6:42:09 AM
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:57:43 -0700, "dan"

>How do I retrieve an email I sent in Outlook 2000 before
>the recepient opens it ?

Unless you're on the same Exchange server as the recipient, you can't.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0   www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 10.0   www.newsrover.com

Opening a dialog within an extension DLL
Hi, I am trying to open a simple dialog within an MFC extension DLL. I exported a function in which I just call DoModal. I also tried to pass the dialog parent window pointer, which is a part of the client app, but it didn't help. The function doesn't open the dialog in Client Release - DLL Release mode and it crashes in Client Release - DLL Debug mode with afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL. Is it a special case to open a dialog within an extension DLL ?!?!? One more detail:I had to add manually #include "resource.h" so the dialog resource will be compiled. Thanks, Tal...

forwarded email repeats
In Outlook 2007 if I forward an email to 3 recipients, each recipient gets 3 copies, and so on. Anyone struck this phenomenon? -- Grimwadec Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads...

Draging Email to Folder and maintain sent/received date
Using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000, and Windows XP. I have a user that would like to archive emails within the associated jobs folder and somehow have the sent/received date of the email as a column in the folder. When the emails are copied there the date listed (Date Modified) is the date it was copied; also the "Date Created" and "Date Accessed". Is this possible or is there another alternative? The user does not wish to create pst files for each job. Thanks, No, not possible since it's no longer an Outlook item now but a file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

VBA-- Open a Form with filter accoding to LISTBOX multiple choices
I have LISTBOX62 with several Dealer names in it for multiple choose( for example Dealer1, Dealer2, Dealer3, ...)I now want to multiple select the Dealer names in the LISTBOX62, and then click a BUTTON32 to open a FORM38 with the filter (criteria) of the selected Dealer names.How to write this VBA? Thank you.P.S. I have tried the following VBA, but can't work:Dim varItem As VariantDim itemList As StringFor Each varItem In List62.ItemsSelected itemList = itemList & "'" & List62.ItemData(varItem) & "',"Next varItemIf itemList <> "&q...

Internet Headers on Sent Items
I'm trying to track down some email problems and I see that there are no Internet Headers on any sent emails - only recieved emails. Is this a setting? No. When you're sending an email, it hits your sent items folder before it hits the Internet. No information is passed back from the Internet to your SEnt Items folder. There's just no mechanism for it. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

HOW DO I SET UP EMAIL FOR 2 USERS IN SEPERATE VIEWS
can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as well as his and can view only his emails. Help!? A good reference site is http://www.scicable.com/identities.htm . Hope that helps. James <nikinahnah@bridge-of-love.com> wrote in message news:0d3501c4a648$c8062ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband > comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? > my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as ...

Opening emails
I have managed to change this before but cannot find where this would be done. When looking at new emails in the preview pane (not opening the email) and then switching to another email, it automatically becomes "Read". How to I go about changing this? I remember when I managed to do it before it had reference to the time spent looking at the email. Thanks for your help Freddie Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook F...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Incorrect Sent Time in Outlook 2000
I use IMO, not Exchange, and the time that messages show as sent on recepient's computer is one hour earlier than they are actually sent, even though my PC clock is accurate. Any advice on this? In OL try; Tools/Options/Preferences/Calendar Options check time zone & daylight saving settings David "Charles Smith" <atlantares@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cd701c35826$47a19840$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I use IMO, not Exchange, and the time that messages show > as sent on recepient's computer is one hour earlier than > they are actually sent, even though ...

Mail sent using MailMessage class displays "TO" and "CC" recepients in the message body when sent to large number of recepients
I'm using System.Web.Mail to send an email message from an ASP.NET web page. This is the main section of the C# code. //************* start code ***************************** string[] mailHost = (System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.GetValues("mailserver")); //Get data from page string toAddress = ((tbTo.Text==null)||(tbTo.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbTo.Text.Trim(); string ccAddress = ((tbCC.Text==null)||(tbCC.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbCC.Text.Trim(); string subjectLine = ((tbSubject.Text==null)||(tbSubject.Text.Equals(String.Em...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

email & word
Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability to open email attachments. -- Thanks aWebParson Do you mean you no longer get attachments or you can't open them? What program do you use for email? What message do you get? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "awebparson" <awebparson@charter.net> wrote in message news:10ai59ur26h5t0e@corp.supernews.com... > Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability > to open email attachments. > > -- > Thanks > aWebParson > > ...

email addy with permanant subject line
Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a permanant subject line using contacts or? I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one email address; %FlashGet% -dl URL thanks Bob Leanin' Cedar <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote: > Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a > permanant subject line using contacts or? > > I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one > email address; > %FlashGet% -dl URL You could create a draft message with the recipient and subject you want. -- ...

view full folder without having to open it
I went from Outlook Express to Outlook. In left panel folders for Hotmail accounts have to be double clicked before see if received any messages. In OL express they were open so I could see if any messages. How do I set it up in OL to do same thing? Which version of Outlook? It's not supported in all versions and requires an SP in others. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Missing pictures from emails
Hi, When I send an email in Outlook containing pictures in the text body, some recipients receive OK others are missing the pictures. Anyone know why this happens an what can be done so that all can view the pictures? Thanks. what message format? if you attach them, do they arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Email Addresses in Outlook 2000
I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 for my email program. However, it seems that the addresses are still connected to the OE format (right click on properties, the OE window appears). I believe that this causes some confusion as to the Name lists. For example, everyone with Jr., Sr., or other title is listed by that letter. Please explain on converting to reflecting the Outlook format. Thanks, Glen What mail support mode did you install? Internet Mail Only mode still uses the Windows Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen Raggio" <gmra...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

Open hyperlinks in new window as default?
I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like all links to open in new windows. Currently I have to set this for each individual link. Is there a way to spec it as the default? Thanks, Paul -- Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14. http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/ On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:22:41 -0500, Paul B wrote: > I'm using Word '03 to compose for a blog and generally would like > all links to open in new windows. Currently I...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...