I deleted a number of important emails from the deleted
items file in Outlook 2000.  This may sound stupid, but I
completely emptied the deleted items file instead of
deleting them one by one.  Pretty stupid, huh.

Anyone.  Can they be retrieved?

Please help.

Thanks.

Sorry for sending this again but I seem to be computer
illiterate and it has taken me some time to explain the
whole situation.

Thanks again.

0
anonymous (74719)

unless you use Exchange server with deleted retention enabled, you are most
likely out of luck, but you can try something that might help....

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted a number of important emails from the deleted
> items file in Outlook 2000.  This may sound stupid, but I
> completely emptied the deleted items file instead of
> deleting them one by one.  Pretty stupid, huh.
>
> Anyone.  Can they be retrieved?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sorry for sending this again but I seem to be computer
> illiterate and it has taken me some time to explain the
> whole situation.
>
> Thanks again.

0
dianenws (1904)

serialize from excel file
I am working on getting an excel file into Great Plains through econnect. I need an example on how to serialize an excel file. If anyone has any code which will show me how to serialize an excel file, I will appreciate if you can post. Jack (jacktundra@hotmail.com) ...

Windows File Protection and Registering a Non-System File
Hi All, I apologize if this is a bit off topic. The group generally has high acivity with authors who can discuss higher level protocols... I'd like to register some files with Windows File Protection. I know if one authors a driver, Microsoft will sign it and it will enjoy protection (some hand waving here). The reason I'd like to do it is to stop malicious tampering (binary patching from the Reverse Engineers). Is this possible? I don't see how to auto enroll if not signed by Microsoft. Reference http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/s...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

how do you delete account
I downloaded my checking information and somehow the balance is wrong. I need to delete checking account and then redownload checking activity. I must have done something wrong during the import to Money. I figured out how to delete one item at a time but that would be to time consuming being 100 transactions to delete. Walt The general answer for general cases of people not using Money Essential (MEss) is to go to the Account List, Select the account, and use the Delete... choice on the r-click menu. IF Money discovered this account on its own through the downloaded transaction dat...

Delete email at set date
When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so it often does not get deleted. When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a date in the future? I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later, but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input. Barbara > When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or > weeks. By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my > inbox, so it often does not get delet...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Is there a way I can find deleted assignments from 2007-2009?
These are important assignments. When were the files deleted? If they were deleted recently, there might be a chance, but special software will be needed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lola" <Lola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4531D857-9332-4E01-9C63-788B553C8EBF@microsoft.com... > These are important assignments. It may be possible. When files are deleted, what happens is that the sector(s) used on the HDD is marked as free and the file descriptor is removed from the FAT. In reality, the data is still on the disk UNLES...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...

Moving items from one department to another in bulk.
We would like to merge all items in department "A" to be in department 'B". What is the query wording for this task. Thank you, ...

Retrieving
Is there any way to retrieve how many web pages are opened by Internet Explorer, and what URLs are opened by it, from another process? I searched for IHTMLDocument5 and so on, however, I could't find any hint. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

Restoring PST-File
Hi, last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst" (Gernman Installation). Now I have installed a new system and tried to import my "Pers?nliche Ordner" (there are a lot of e-mnails I need to recover. Unfurtunately the import function states, that the mentioned file is not a "Pers?nlicher Ordner". Any idea how to recover data in this file? Thanks for any help Regards, Harald anonymous <anonymous> wrote: > last week m yharddisc crashed and I could save the Outlook File > "Pers?nliche Ordner(1).pst&quo...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

No free/busy information could be retrieved
Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned off, users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned on it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information is available after 5.5 is turned off? -- Thanks Sounds like you forgot to re-home the System Public Folders (specifically the Free/Busy Public Folder) before turning the old server off. Follow the details in this article for a list of things you should do in order to retire the 5.5 server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 - referen...

Delete Table
Delete Table I have a report bound to a table (made with a make-table query). I want to delete the table once the report is closed; I no longer need it. I can=92t delete the object, however, when the report closes because the report has the table locked and I don=92t see an unload event for the report. Any advice? Thanks, alex If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acReport, "rptYourReport") <> 0 Then DoCmd.Close acReport, "rptYourReport" End If Regards Kevin "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9192a8...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

retrieving my questions
I am still learning how to use this system to it's fullest. How can I locate the questions I have asked in the past? Is there an easy way? -- Zunibear in Montana It depends upon how you are viewing this forum. If using Outlook Express, make sure your view is set for all messages. You could then sort by "From". If you don't want to loose the threaded response view, don't sort, but you probably have a copy of any post you did in the "Sent Items" folder in Outlook Express. Look there, find the one you are interested in, and scroll to that date in the f...

Delete Duplicates for Outlook
Delete Duplicates for Outlook is available for download from: http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/ddo.zip Release Notes http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/ddo.txt Send your comments, ideas, bug reports to bujenovic@hotmail.com. Thank you. -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index ...

How to retrieve SYSTEMTIME
When I use: SYSTEMTIME st; MyTime = CTime::GetCurrentTime(); MyTime.GetAsSystemTime(st); st.wHour, st.wMinute,st.wSecond are correctly loaded but st.wMilliseconds is always 000. What am I doing wrong? Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:30:03 -0500, "Ron H" <rharshbarger@mmm.com> wrote: >When I use: > > SYSTEMTIME st; > MyTime = CTime::GetCurrentTime(); > MyTime.GetAsSys...

Re: average using Pivot item calculations
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Text Delimited by semicolon file Excel 2002
I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel and edit the file. I want to save the file as text delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option. What can I do? One way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#differentdelimiter In article <45c301c4905a$1a2d2880$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel > and edit the file. I want to save the file as text > delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option. > What can I do? John See...