I deleted a number of important emails from the deleted
items file in Outlook 2000.  This may sound stupid, but I
completely emptied the deleted items file instead of
deleting them one by one.  Pretty stupid, huh.

Anyone.  Can they be retrieved?

Please help.

Thanks.

Sorry for sending this again but I seem to be computer
illiterate and it has taken me some time to explain the
whole situation.

Thanks again.

0
anonymous (74722)

unless you use Exchange server with deleted retention enabled, you are most
likely out of luck, but you can try something that might help....

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted a number of important emails from the deleted
> items file in Outlook 2000.  This may sound stupid, but I
> completely emptied the deleted items file instead of
> deleting them one by one.  Pretty stupid, huh.
>
> Anyone.  Can they be retrieved?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sorry for sending this again but I seem to be computer
> illiterate and it has taken me some time to explain the
> whole situation.
>
> Thanks again.

0
dianenws (1904)

Missing CAB file during attempted Installation
After wiping hard drive and resintalling XP, I was unsuccessful in reinstalling Outlook 2003. Installation Error: File Not Found A required installation file CL561401.CAB could not be found. I was then prompted to re-insert the installation CD, but the file was apparently not found there. Can I, perhaps, download the file from somewhere? Or perhaps there is another solution? By the way, Office 2000, including Outlook 2000, are currently installed. Uninstalling Outlook 2000 did help with the Outlook 2003 install. ...

Money 2006 Corrupt File
I'm back.... Thought I was happy with Money 2006 Premium, even if Microsoft won't let me register it and get the Premium stuff, but I went to use the program this morning and it won't read the .mny file it wrote yesterday! Money 2006 would not even acknowledge it was a Money 2006 file so I could not do a repair etc. PLEASE don't tell me I have a bad disk drive, it is relatively new (Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300Gig SATA) and I have never had a corrupt file, till today that is. After much trial and tribulation I'm back to the latest version of Money 2005. Two questions...

Songs from file
Hi, I am having a hard time getting a mp3 file to play on my powerpoint 2007 presentation. When I click on the file the sound symbol and choose my song from my cd file, I click on play across slide and automatic. It says in my book that it will handle mp3 files. However, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Your expertise will be helpful. Thank you, Joe. If the mp3 files are ripped from a CD they may have DRM protection. If so they won't play in PPT "Joeman2010" <Joeman2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADDCDE6-FA69-4CD0-8B90-...

deleting duplicate files from Excell
Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple files in an Excell worksheet. It is a very large database with many multiple files and was wondering if there was a macro i could run Thank you Gloria at Habitat for Humanity You can select the whole lot, then do data>filter advanced filter, copy to another location (click a cell somewhere), and finally check unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Habitat for Humanity" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9301c3a7b0$2acd82e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to delete multiple...

Opening Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2003
I have been sent a file created in 2000, but use 2003, which says it cannot open earlier versions. Is there a download solution to this? -- Ghento Publisher 2003 will open 2000 documents. Some things to try: Disable your anti-virus software. Try opening the file in safe mode. Publisher 2000 and 2003 uses different WordArt, this could be a problem. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft....

File sizes unexplained bloating
I have a model in Excel 2003. Originally 150 data lines (size 4MB). Expanded it to 1150 data lines (size 23 MB about what I expected). I then tried to expand to 2150 data lines and the file ballooned to 112MB. I have checked and there are no super large named ranges or unused cells after my last real used cell in each sheet. Any ideas what could be causing the sudden jump in size? -- Thanks Steve That's huge! Debra Dalgleish has some tips for reseting the last used cell (if ctrl-end takes you way past what you think should be the bottom right cell). http://www.contextures.com...

How do I open a file created in a prior version of Pub?
I wonder what this big white space could be for. Oooooohhhh... If I type when the cursor is in it, I can type lots of words and not be limited by the small line of the subject line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher My faith in Toshiba notebooks: 2003 - 2004 RIP In future, please post your message in the proper area. Thanks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher My faith in Toshiba notebooks: 2003 - 2004 RIP --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft...

Outlook 2002
when I insert a mail (that's located in my personal folder file) into a new mail, the inserted mail is empty. This always happens when the mail is larger then 15 Kb. The encoding of the inserted mail also changes from "rich text" to "plain text". I don't have the problem in Outlook 97. Does anyone know how to solve this problem (returning to Outlook 97 is not an option!) ...

Attached MSG files change when saved
I have this scenario- I have a .MSG email, and attached is a .JPG and another .MSG. I want to save these attachments and generate a hash value from the file binary. Usually not a problem, but I have encountered some strange behavior when saving attached MSGs. No matter how many times I save the .JPG file, the resulting file's binary is always the same, which is great. However when I save the .MSG file the binary is slightly different every time. Is there a way through outlook, outlook API, or any other means, to save an attached MSG as the same binary file that it was whe...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Can't delete emails
Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox size quotas to no avail. Try Shift-Delete On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:28:37 -0700, "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie >email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 >I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox >size quotas to no avail. ...

Cannot access Outlook
I notice yesterday I could not delete one email, said there was an error detected in file. I tried the Inbox diagnose through Help tab..no such issues (so I read). Now I cannot get on Outlook to open, I get an error box shows up saying: "Cannot start Microsoft Ofice Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:....\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enbabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbo...

Cannot Delete Entity due to Running Workflow Rule
I was experimenting with workflow rules and have one that caused an error. Now when I try to delete the custom entity that was the subject of the rule I get the message:- =============================== This entity is referenced by the following objects. All references mustg be removed before the entity can be deleted. Workflow Rules: Used in running workflow rule on Entity 'new_test': TestAction =============================== I've gone into the Workflow Manager and removed all actions for new_test. I have then gone into the Workflow Monitor and deleted all log entries, h...

Opening multiple txt files into one workbook as separate sheets
I have seen posts about opening multiple txt files from a folder and saving each of them as a separate .xls. Is there a macro that would open all the .txt or .dat files in the directory that the .xls resides and put them as a new sheet in that folders .xls? IE. Folder1 data1.dat data2.dat Excel.xls 1.After running the macro in Excel.xls in Folder1 it has sheets data1.dat and data2.dat 2. Then if I move Excel.xls to Folder 2 with data3.dat and data4.dat and ran the macro again... Excel.xls would have data1.dat data2.dat data3.dat data4.dat Maybe this page will help http://www.rondebr...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Item Transaction Entry SQL Upload
We want to upload Item variances into GP (V8 SP5) and would like to do this through the back end. Is this possible? If so, which table holds the Variance batch? Normally we would enter it via the GP window called "Item Transaction Entry" (Transaction>>Inventory>>Transaction Entry). Thanks, Manny Why do this through SQL if it can be done with Integration Manager or eConnect? I am not suggesting not to use SQL, but there must be a more compelling reason. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusi...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

Max limit in resource.h file of VC++
Hi, We specify the next step number for the resources, commands and control by the following. _APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE _APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE Do we have any way to restrict the numbers or specify the max limit. eg. I want my resource to have command values from 1 to 100. So #define _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE 1 // Next command number Can I specify somewhere in the resource.h file saying 100 is the max if it goes beyond 100, throw an error? Thanks, Prashant. ...

from Outlook 03 to 07 w/o present pst file
I am going to install Office 07 pro full, I now have Office 03 pro full installed. I would like to move all of my Outlook folders, e-mail, contacts etc from the 03 version to the 07 version WITHOUT unilizing my present 03 PST file. Need some suggestions as to the most efficient manner to accomplish this, please. tia How do you propose to do this without using your current data file? Why would you think this is possible? It isn't, of course. -- Russ Valentine <shellyfdelete@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a8ofk5lgr6j5edem1sgf4ot7bfqlanka4k@4ax.com... >I am goi...

Folders/e-mails files recovery
I foolishly deleted my Outlook Express 6 identity. A warning popup said the identity would not be recoverable, but said the associated data files would not be deleted. It didn't mention the files could not be accessed. I tried reestablishing the same identity, but the software assigns a unique new identity code. Does anyone know how I can recover/access my in-limbo OLE data files (e-mails, contacts, etc.)? hi there, did you managed to recover back now? >-----Original Message----- >I foolishly deleted my Outlook Express 6 identity. A >warning popup said the identity ...

Supplier not getting set in Item properties
I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier but after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no supplier selected. Does anyone know why that could happen? Thank you. What version of RMS are you using. I am using version 1.2.0151 and the supplier is populating as required. I would be interested to know if this is a fault created by a service pack. "Rami" wrote: > I am entering an item with the new item wizard and selecting a supplier but > after posting the item and clicking on its properties, there is no supplier > sel...

Non-stock items
We have approximately 1300 inventory items. We are a distributor and sell mostly items that we don’t stock (Non-stock items) What would be the best way to get these items in the system so they can be selected from a drop down when entering in a Sales Transaction? Also, the modules we run are Purchase Order Processing, Receivables, Payables, Sales Order Processing. One person suggested that I place them as Services? "tstrop" wrote: > We have approximately 1300 inventory items. We are a distributor and sell > mostly items that we don’t stock (Non-stock items) What would ...

Outlook 2000 warning message when moving items to folder
We have a user who receives this warning when moving items from one Outlook 2000 folder to another existing folder (i.e. - selecting multiple deleted items and moving all items to Personal folder): "Creating a new item from the selected items could take some time. Are you sure you want to create a new item from these 62 items?" Of course the amount changes depending on how many folder items he's selected. Thanks for any help you can give. Are the two folders of different types? In other words, is one a mail folder and one a task folder? If so, when you drag an item fro...

Please Help! How to set color for Tree Control chield items
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 In the project I create tree control in the window using the following code: hwndLVt = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_STATICEDGE,WC_TREEVIEW, "", WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD | WS_EX_STATICEDGE| TVS_HASLINES | TVS_HASBUTTONS | TVS_TRACKSELECT | TVS_SINGLEEXPAND | TVS_FULLROWSELECT | TVS_INFOTIP | ...

Moving files #2
I am trying to move a .pub file from my desktop computer to my laptop. Both have the same version of Publisher 2007. I am using a thumb drive to transfer the file. When I try to open the file on my laptop I get a message "Unable to open file". What may be causing this problem? Copy the file to the laptop's hard drive and try opening again. Publisher does not respond well to removable media. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ldonal7880" <ldonal7880@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:536C1743-B80E-4113-A1D3-879ABD6B8D1C@microsoft.com... ...