Retaining Deleted Files

I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP.  When I logon as
myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to
deleted items and is held for one month.  When my wife
logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it
immediately disappears and there is never anything in the
Deleted Items folder.  I have compared the settings for
the two user profiles and can find no differences.  Can
anyone help?

Larry
0
anonymous (74722)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:59:42 -0800, "Larry Geiter"

>I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP.  When I logon as
>myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to
>deleted items and is held for one month.  When my wife
>logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it
>immediately disappears and there is never anything in the
>Deleted Items folder.  I have compared the settings for
>the two user profiles and can find no differences.  Can
>anyone help?

Check to see if the option to have the Deleted Items folder emptied on
exit is ticked on her profile.
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA

0
UseNewsgroup (155)

using write #1 to create a batch file
I am trying to create a simple batch file to run a clarion command for specified IP addresses and output them to a text file. When I try this method it puts the quotes in the .bat file and the command doesn't run when the .bat file is activated... Any suggestion? Open "c:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI\Temp.bat" For Output As #1 Write #1, "naviseccli - h 10.60.103.18 - scope 0 getlun - capacity > kevtest.txt" Close Shell "C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI\Temp.bat" Actually, what I've been trying to do is get the output from this...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Hello, A former employee deleted their e-mails before they left. Is there any way to retrieve these e-mails? Thanks for your time! Debbie In the future just a suggestion put all users PST files on the network drive and back them up nightly. The only thing to do is look in the deleted folder if its not there it is likely gone. If its really important you can try your system admin that runs the email server to see if they have anything cached. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >A former employee deleted their e-mails before they >left. Is there any way to retrieve...

GP 10 Upgrade error and backup file
I saw a backup folder (Version 9.0.247.0Backup under C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Dynamics) being created while I attempted to upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 (Version 9.00.0281) to GP 10.0. I am not sure where this version 9.0.247.0 came from. I am also having getting error message at the company upgrade menu saying file not found with the following- "c:\program files\microsoft dynamics\GP\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.upgrade_9_0_259.driver_ini. The upgred is failing due to this error. Has anyone seen this error....what would be the solution for this. Your help is greatetly appreciated. Thanks You ar...

Why are my calendar entries deleting automatically after 6 mos.
I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? It's caused by either your Auto Archive settings or your PDA settings. Marbeck wrote: > I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my > calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? Are you syncing with a PDA or smartphone? That is the typical cause... otherwise, check your autoarchive settings - tools, options, other, autoarchive and also on the folder properties. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutor...

Why does deleting a mail-enabled object prompt to delete an "associated mailbox"?
Hello, Whenever I delete a mail-enabled object, e.g., a Contact or a DL, from AD on a workstation where ESM is intalled, I get the additional prompt that the mailbox associated with the object will also be deleted. What mailbox is that warning referring to? The object I'm deleting is mail-enabled, not mailbox enabled. Are there any circumstances where deleting a DL would delete the mailboxes and/or AD accounts of its members? I'm using E2K on W2K in a W2K domain. Just a little paranoid and confused, even after doing tests. Thanks, - Alan. ...

How do I Import office pst file from 2003 to 2002
I have a saved PST file with all outlook folders and contacts in Office/outlook 2003 that I want to import backwards into Office/outlook 2002. I keep getting an "incompatible file" message. How is this supposed to be done? It cannot; You would need to create a pst in Outlook 2003 using the old format (97-2002) then copy the data to this new pst. Close the pst within Outlook. Copy it to the other PC, eg My Documents, then within Outlook 2002 open that data file "lbw6303" <lbw6303@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81B3950E-7AA3-4566-9D...

wma file size
How can I reduce the file size of a wma audio file by lessening its quality? I tried Windows Media PLayer, but there is no option to do that. thanks On May 28, 10:05=A0pm, "Tom" <t...@unknown.com> wrote: > How can I reduce the file size of a wma audio file by lessening its quali= ty? > I tried Windows Media PLayer, but there is no option to do that. > > thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= --------------------------- This might do what you want... http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/ Bil...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

adding outlook files to another computer's existing files
Hello, Does anyone have any ideas on how to take files from an Outlook '97 computer and add them to another computer using Outlook 2002? I don't want to replace the files I just want to add to them from my computer. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Carol ...

How To Delete Address
We have a distribution list (or group) in our GAL called "helpdesk" Somewhere in my travels, I seem to have sent an e-mail to "help @ symantec.com" or something like that. Now if I'm not careful, whenever I type "help" in my To: line in Outlook, it selects the symantec address as its first option. I have to be real careful and type "helpd" in order to select the right alias. Is there any way to remove the symantec address? I don't know where it's pulling it from, but I'd like to get rid of it. Thanks The next time it shows u...

How to Delete White Space while writing from EXCEL to Text File?
The subject line asks it all: I have text data in an Excel file that I want to write to a plain text file from within a vba macro. I want to delete ALL blank spaces (leading, intermediate and trailing) in each text string before writing it to the plain text file. Any ideas on how to achieve this? Please note that I do NOT want to eliminate white space from the data in the EXCEL file itself. Thanks in advance -Sharat P.S: On a more general note, is it actually possible to format data in vba prior to writing it to a plain text file? Not sure how you're writing your data, but you can ...

Handling large excel files
Hi All, I handle large excel files on a daily basis ( 20 - 40 megs) and opening them takes a painful lot of time in my Thinkpad. Most of the time I just need to work with only 1 or 2 work sheet in a file. Is there a way I can make the Excel application load worksheets in an on- demand basis? Thanks, Sundar Sundar There is no build in facility to do this and I suspect any code solution will take just as long. What you could do if there are a regular two or three sheets is have some workbook_close() event code to move those sheets off each time so you have a fresh separate workbook to vie...

pst file disappeared!
I am running Outlook 2002. My inbox, deleted items, everything disappeared. Searched and found several .pst files. Tried to open those files and got error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." Any ideas? Thanks. Which way of opening did you use? The proper way to reconnect to a pst-file is by opening Outlook first and then use; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Ou...

Retainers
Does anyone know the process of receiving retainers and then applying them to the invoice. I need thenm to show up on the invoice. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Brian In microsoft.public.money, bcarne wrote: >Does anyone know the process of receiving retainers and >then applying them to the invoice. I need thenm to show >up on the invoice. >Any help is appreciated. Not many Business users provide answers. ...

Opening publisher 03 files in publisher 00
I have been emailed four documents that have been composed in publisher version 2003 but my computer will not open them as I only have publisher version 2000 - is there anyway that I can get these files to open on my computer??? Please help!!!!! KK wrote: > I have been emailed four documents that have been composed in > publisher version 2003 but my computer will not open them as I only > have publisher version 2000 - is there anyway that I can get these > files to open on my computer??? Please help!!!!! ======================================== Ask the sender to save the files ...

Delete Columns
In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell that will contain a name based on an input box. Thanks, Bernie See you OTHER post. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bernie" <bml66@aol.com> wrote in message news:1172699736.687460.300590@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell > that will contain a name based on an input box. > > Thanks, > Bernie > ...

Recovering deleted files in onenote.
How do you recover deleted files in onenote? If I look at backup, it only keeps the changed files, not the deleted ones. I know they do not go to the recycle bin like everything esle. Where do they go? Thanks in advance for your help. What version of OneNote are you using? In 2003 and 2010 OneNote has its own recycle bin for deleted notes. In 2007 you'd have to recover them from the backup. The backup SHOULD still have a copy of the deleted file. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook...

How do I delete documents.
I am compiling a book of song lyrics that I'm copying and editing from a book of songs that I have stored in my computer. Every time I select one of the songs to edit (in preparation to print) it shows up in a list on the left side of my OFFICE display. I've edited about 30 songs for printing, but I only see about 17 songs. The previous songs that I've edited, are not on the list nor can I seem to find them. I would like to eliminate the songs that I've already printed so I can get to the first ones I've edited. Any help on this?? Your question may be b...

recovering a single public folder post deleted in error?
Hi all, We have a public folder used as an incoming email message folder for a specific set of email addresses. These mails appear as posts on the public folder and our outlook clients are set read only for the folder. We've started to get spam in there and while cleaning the folder by deleting the entries a valid post got delted in error. How can I recover that post? It was deleted by the idiot with the one and only outlook account with delete authority for this public folder.. (mine!) but I cannot seem to find any way to undelete it or otherwise recover it? thanks. win2k &a...

cannot save a change to a file
Each time I add or change an esisting file in word 2003 I recieve a message asking me to send an error report but no change to the file is made. ...

Deleted profile by mistake lost .pst
Deleted the profile & lost personal folder file .pst lost all the mails & folders in that. It has also deleted archive file .pst. Is there any way to recover the delted files. Pls help Thanks Deleting a profile does not touch your data files. Search using the included system and hidden folders for all .pst files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sazther <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Deleted the profile & lost personal folder file ....

Migrating from Goldmine
Hi there, I'm migrating from Goldmine to CRM 4.0, and will ultimately have csv lists of accounts, contacts, leads, activities etc. In using either import method, it always fails when starting out, as if i import accounts first, when it tries to import the primary contact, since there are no contacts to lookup, it fails. Vice versa if i start by importing contacts, i cant automatically assign a parent customer, as the lookup fails because the accounts aren't imported yet. If i import accounts, then import contacts with parent customers listed, it works, but i've lost my ...

How to add & delete custom field ?
- I added a custom view via the "customize view" - I added a new contact - I clicked on the All Fields tab & then User Defined Fields. My new field wasn't there. - I clicked on New and added it. Now it appeared twice. - I closed the new record w/o saving & went back to Custom view - Customize View - Both my custom fields were there... event though they had the same name !!!??? - I deleted one. - Now I can't find the other one. - I spent 2 hours trying to figgure this out. Can anybody just tell me how to add a custom field to my contacts... see that field when I add a...

Deleteing an Epay
I thought I was going to try Epay and I set everything up. It can't make a contact with my bank and now I can't delete the Epay itself. I only did one to see if it would work. Does anyone have an idea how to just delete it. I am running Money 2000 Thanks Ron Harmon -- Photographic Portfolio at: http://ronaldharmon.home.att.net ...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...