Restrict HTML Formatted Mail

IS there a way to force all your incoming mail to be
plain text?  I do not want incoming mail to be in HTML
format.

I would like to restrict incoming mail or convert it to
plain text once received (automatically).
0
anonymous (74722)

In Outlook 2003: Menu Tools/Options, Tab: Preferences, Button: Email
Options, check: Read all standard mail in plain text.

If you have different Outlook, check its help file.

Hope this is useful to you.  Let us know.

rms

JImL wrote:
> IS there a way to force all your incoming mail to be
> plain text?  I do not want incoming mail to be in HTML
> format.
>
> I would like to restrict incoming mail or convert it to
> plain text once received (automatically).
0
rmschne1 (174)
2/13/2004 5:59:54 PM
I have Outlook 2002.  Any idea how to do it in that
version?

0
anonymous (74722)
2/13/2004 6:36:50 PM
Get Attachment Options or Chilton Preview Pane.

AO = http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html
CPP = http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8392/download.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JimL asked:

| I have Outlook 2002.  Any idea how to do it in that
| version?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Error printing HTML email
Hi, I get an error trying to print emails I receive in HTML format. I am currently using outlook 2003. I hope someone can help me with the frustrating problem. Thanks Glen ...

SEND MY Mail
Repairs in my laptop deleted previous Windows mail. Please send my mail to previous address jmccabe2290@comcast.net. Thank you jack mccabe "jack mccabe" <jmccabe2290@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u$E6AfDyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Repairs in my laptop deleted previous Windows mail. Please send my mail to > previous address jmccabe2290@comcast.net. > Thank you > jack mccabe > "jack mccabe" <jmccabe2290@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u$E6AfDyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Repairs in my laptop deleted ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

ATT and Windows Mail
Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the error message below. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E According to... http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&ct=9000818 The Outgoing (SMTP) server port should be 465, not 25. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Win...

Printing Format Symbols
How can I print my document with all the format symbols included? Everytime I turn them on, and send the print job, it just prints the standard document. I'm sure there's a hotkey or something. Anyone? If by "format symbols" you mean the dots for spaces, arrows for tabs, etc., there ain't no "hotkey or something" to print them. Those formatting marks are "non-printing characters." You can take a screen shot of the page and print it, one page at a time, but tabs and spaces and returns don't print. "Infexus Bytez" wrote: ...

how to format a column to corespond with another
I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i do it? Put this in E1: =3DIF(B1=3D0,"N/A","") and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:09=A0pm, JeremyC. <Jere...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i = do it? =REPT("N/A",B1=0) "JeremyC." wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" rea...

can't receive mail sent in HTML from XP to 2000
One of our user's is using Office XP, which sends e-mail in HTML format by default. The rest of his staff use Office 2000. When he sends e-mail to them in HTML format, they get a blank e-mail. We have switched his default send option to Oulook Rich text, but would like to find out why the HTML option does not work. Anyone had this happen? John, On the Office 2000 machines please make sure Outlook 2000 is at SP-3 and Internet Explorer is at 6.0 SP1. Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Joh...

Send to mail recipient
When I right click on a file and go to send to, mail recipient, Windows Installer opens up and then it comes up "Either there is no defaul mail client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Outlook is my default, I have checked all setting and I have tried reinstalling, etc. Any suggestions? I sure do need this feature. Thanks! Is Outlook open when you try this? Try it with Outlook open. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

Using HTML Help with MFC8
Hello ! I have an existing project migrated from VC6 Now I want to change from WinHelp to HtmlHelp and added EnableHtmlHelp() to the constructor of my App and added a file <App>.chm to the directory where the EXE resides. But when I launch help I get a message that <App>.chm is not a valid help file .. Even the "Help on Help" -HelpItem does not work. EnableHtmlHelp seems to have no effect .. What have I done wrong ? What am I missing ? (I have /clr activated and I am using the dynamically linked MFC version) Werner "Werner" <wek@kuhnle.com> wrote ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

how do i get the page in a landscape format
i need a paper by tomorrow that can only be made by publisher and i don't know how to get the page in landscape format. I need help and fast. Hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp! Thank You. :) File / Page Setup / Landscape / OK -- John Inzer "BobDoale" <BobDoale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04540678-7E6F-42E1-9919-6FA839B1C42D@microsoft.com... >i need a paper by tomorrow that can only be made by publisher and i don't > know how to get the page in landscape format. I need help and fast. > Hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee...

request.form collection
Hi, I have a transformed xml source into html for client input. In order to update the xmlDoc on the server, how do I specify the correct nodes if they are built dynamically through assigning id's via the xsl transformation? Example: within the xml/html I could have two input boxes whose names are not assigned until tranformation, e.g., step_2.1_measure, step_3.2_measure. How to capture the inner.text of these two items in the server-side code? I know understand I would generally use something like this for the request.form action: System.Xml.XmlDocument doc = new System.Xml.XmlDocume...

Formatting 1000's
I want to format as follows. I have the number 1,522.32. I want to format and see 1,5 How can I do this without modelling and dividing by 1,000. I want to format. Any help would be appreaciate. Thanks Hi alan apply the custom format #,##0.00, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alan wrote: > I want to format as follows. > > I have the number 1,522.32. > I want to format and see 1,5 > > How can I do this without modelling and dividing by 1,000. I want to > format. > > Any help would be appreaciate. > Thanks ...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Auto CC mail messages to public folders
Here is my delima: We have the latest Exchange server running. On it we have a set of public folders. One for customers for example. under that folder is a folder for each customer. Simple so far right? What the bosses have requested is that all mail to/from each customer's domain gets cc'd into those appropriate customer public folders. for example if there is an email to John@customer1.com it needs to be cc'd to the public folder for customer1 if there is an email from jane@customer1.com it also needs to be cc'd to the public folder for customer1 if there is an ema...

no mail delivery
Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp service, and rebooted the server. any ideas are greatly app...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

hlookup or conditional format? #2
Ah, thank you both. Extra brownie points for Frank once again gettin there first :D I had no idea you could have =cell=. That will solve a few othe problems I have too. Thanks again -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27734 I beat him by 36 minutes in another question :-) "EARTHWALKER" <EARTHWALKER.1fk8ep@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EARTHWALKE...

Mail just won't go to Outlook.
I'm at a client's working on a new Dell XP SP2 system with Office 2003 Basic edition. I'm unable to get email to deliver to Outlook, though it *will* go without any problems to Outlook Express. I've created new profiles, new user accounts, done the Test Settings in Outlook and everything looks right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I've exported/imported the Outlook Express settings and re-created it manually. There is no firewall or mail scanner redirecting mail. Mail (including the test mail) will send from Outlook, but will *not* arrive ...

another problem but, when receiving a mail of CRM (FROM)
Hello! I have 2 accounts of technical Support in the cases that are taken care of in the CRM soporte_empresa@ empresa.com.mx and soporte_empresa2@ empresa.com.mx, which are taken care of by the group of aid of the company. When it is abre a new case is due to send a mail to the client with copy for the respective account of support, until everything is there well, but when it arrives the copy of the mail in Outlook from shows the following information to us From: =? iso-8859-1? B? U29wb3J0ZV9leHhvbiwgc29wb3J0ZV9leHhvbgA= =? = [mailto:soporte_empresa@empresa.com.mx] Sent: Monday, 26...

Archiving inbox->html
Does anyone know of any programs that will convert my folders into html so that I can archive them to cd-rom ? I'm trying mapilabs mail archiver and wondered if there were any other programs I should look at. Thanks, Chris No, I haven't come accross others looking like this (I was pleasantly supprised when they released it). Did someone already gave you a coupon code? If not you can use "4PM76A8" some other archiving tools are listed here; http://slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do...

duplicate e-mail in inbox
tgood day we are running with exchange 5.5 and some e-mail in the inbox for most of our users are delivred in duplicate, we would like to know if some know the solution or what causes that please. thanks On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:52:08 -0700, gus <gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >tgood day we are running with exchange 5.5 and some e-mail in the inbox for >most of our users are delivred in duplicate, we would like to know if some >know the solution or what causes that please. > >thanks > I would first disable any anti-virus on the client or server. When did...

html in reply & forward
Dear All, When I reply to or forward a message, my message window opens in Plain Text format automatically. Even if the original message is in html format. I want the new window to open in html format by default but I could not find out how I can do it. Your help will be appreciated What version of Outlook are you using? By default Outlook replies in the format of the orginal message. "uncle" <uncle@nomail.com> wrote in message news:eXZ6lPkWGHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > When I reply to or forward a message, my message window opens in Plai...