Restore archive pst after moving to new computer

I want to use the archive feature, but am afraid that after I buy a new
computer and move outlook to the new machine that I wont be able to properly
migrate the archive data to the new machine also.  Any advise on how to do
this?

Thanks.
--
moondaddy@newsgroup.nospam

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Wants a dial up after moving to wireless router
OK, so I now access the net through a wireless router. Now, when I use send receive in Outlook 2002 it asks for my previous dial-up. So somehow I need to tell Outlook to get my email a different way and I don't know how to do it. Please advise. Thanks Martin --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.701 / Virus Database: 458 - Release Date: 07/06/2004 On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:25:46 +0100, "martcol" <martcol@hotmail.com> wrote: >OK, so I now access the net through a wireless router. Now, wh...

How to not accept a new socket connection?
Hello, I am using CAsyncSocket for my client/server application, everything works fine and I can open as many socket connections as I want, but I would like to limit the number of connections (say 10 sockets at any one time). During the OnAccept() call of my listen socket, is there something I can do to refuse the connection, or maybe some other way outside of OnAccept(). Once my open socket count goes back below my set limit, I would like to start accepting connections again until the limit is maxed out again. FYI: I've tried to not call Accept() from within OnAccept(), but the cl...

pst backup
If there is a way to automate pst file backup and log the successfull completion of the backup (maybe by sending an E-mail to administrator) Microsoft add on just remind about the backup and you have to manually click the button to start the backup. Some people recommend to use xcopy. I have a feeling that at some point I will get access violation (even though when Outlook is closed) Thank you You should be able to set the interval, using the addin, and automate the process. Or; http://www.handybackup.com/index.html http://www.avantrix.com/ David "ot" <ottdt@yahoo.com> ...

Moving folder
Hi, someone has created a folder containing photos directly under OS&Data, with a shortcut on the desktop. If I move the folder into My docs, will the shortcut still work. (I guess not!!!) Steve "moonraker" <stephen.emery@microstarsoftware.com> wrote in message news:emMtzyrbKHA.2572@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, someone has created a folder containing photos directly under > OS&Data, with a shortcut on the desktop. > > If I move the folder into My docs, will the shortcut still work. (I guess > not!!!) > > Steve I...

Moving from Outlook express to Outlook 2003
We are going to wipe our hard drives and install a new O.S. and all applications. Currently, all employees use Outlook Express for mail. The new computers will have Outlook 2003. What is the best way to migrate all old mail, folders, etc into Outlook 2003 without first setting up Outlook express on the new computers? In other words, the old mail folders and Address books will be on a network drive and we want to open Outlook 2003 and import as much as possible from the network folders. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Andrew You can't. Outlook can only import directly from O...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Move Mailboxes and Single Instance Store
Hi, Small question about single instace store, If I moved all mailboxes placed in one store, to a newly created store on the same SG. Will I lose the single instance store for e-mails by moving the mailboxes process?? Yes, if all recipients are moved to the same Store. Exchange single-instance storage and its effect on stores when moving mailboxes http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175481 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Feras Mustafa" <FerasMustafa@discussions.microsoft...

archiving #21
I read in this forum I believe that you can archive you different folders to different folders so it takes longer to hit the size limit. I found the place where you specify which folder it gets archived into, but I can't find how to start the archiving process. Ken You can either archive manually from the Archive command on the File menu, or you can set up AutoArchiving. For AA, you need to set the global settings first in Tools | Options | Other | AutoArchive, and then you can set AA up on individual folders via their Properties (look for the AutoArchive tab). -- Jocelyn Fi...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Ann: Altova announces FREE XMLSPY Home Edition and releases new version 2004r4 of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION
Altova (http://www.altova.com) producers of Altova XMLSPY, the world's leading XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language) development environment, today announced that the Home Edition of its award-winning XMLSPY product is now being offered to the public through a FREE software license. In addition, Altova just announced the immediate availability of Version 2004 Release 4 (v2004r4) of its entire product line. Far more than a typical interim release, v2004r4 provides major enhancements across the product line, ranging from advanced editing features and new data integration capabilities to user i...

How?Scan a text image move to Excel???
Hello, I have a question. I have a printed Excel spreadsheet that I scanned and I need to then get it back into excel. How do I transfer this scanned image? I tried Kodak imaging service, but I am not sure what to do. I opened the file in Excel and of course the file is jibberish. I can go to Kinkos--but if they can do it, I can, I just need help as to how. Your help is very appreciated. Check your software that came with the scanner. Look for some kind of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software. Most scanners come with some version of this (and some do a better job than ot...

moving between sheets
Hi guys! Just a quick question: I would like to write a function in VBA which would allow me to mov between the sheets in excel. Does anyone know the method for it? Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can just record a macro, and then assign it to a drawing object..........Tools > Macro > Record a macro............and then do the same thing on the sheet you jump to in order to get back to your main sheet............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "aschneid >" <<aschneid.162t6y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aschnei...

Move Exchange 2k3 to new HW
I have an Exchange 2k3 Server running on a Windows 2k3 OS, and Cisco Unity. The server is out of warranty and we are having HW problems, so I want to move this to another server. I've seen several processes listed for moving from 2000 to 2003 but I haven't notices anything specifically for moving 2003 to another server. I assume the process is still the same. What is the best/prefered method for moving to the new server? Thanks CharlesW Charles- Are you retaining the same name? That's by far the easiest option. If so, get the new box built to the point that you're joi...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Cannot insert/move/copy tabs
The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename / etc... is greyed out. The File > Properties is also greyed out. I can make changes and save the doc, just not change the sheets -- Dave Sounds like the workbook is protected. Go to Tools on the menubar, then Protection. Unprotect the workbook. James David Allen wrote: > The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? > In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename > / etc... > is greyed out. The File > Properties is ...

Unable to move my file to a new computer
I recently installed 2005 deluxe, and 2 weeks later purchased a new computer and I am unable to transfer the file to my new computer. I have tried to copy the .mny file the backup file to my new computer but am unable to to have money open it after I put my password in. It says it is either write protected (which I do not believe it is),or other types of errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a lot of time on this issue. Tom Third time in twenty minutes. What was Microsoft thinking? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177. It should help. "TD" <...

Importing a PST File #2
Further to my previous Posts. 1. I have backed up the outlook.pst file to CD using NERO 2. I have restored the outlook.pst file to a seperate folder 3. I have checked the file attribute and made sure the archive bit is off 4. I have run the scanpst program over the outlook.pst file. SCANPST came up with a large number of errors (I have the file). An example is: !!PMap page @6112768: PTYPE mismatch (read 00, expected 83) !!PMap page @6112768: BID mismatch (read 0, expected 5D4600) When I open or import the outlook.pst file, there are 2 empty folders... recovered and deleted. Any s...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Migrating Blocked Senders List to new Computer
I tried to search this newsgroup but could not find the answer. I have a new machine and would like to migrate an existing (and quite extensive) blocked senders list on an old computer to the new computer. I can migrate the mail but cannot seem to migrate the blocked senders list. It would be a shame to make us users type in the huhdreds or email and domains we have accumulated over the months and years. Please say it isn't so! thanks, Henry It's just a .txt file. ("Junk Senders.txt" I think) Copy it off the old machine into the same location on the new machine...

File names do not appear when trying to export to any file type except .pst
I am having trouble getting help to determine what the problem is in my Outlook. Outlook is 2003. When I try to export to any file type other than .pst, the files window appears empty. Only when I click .pst for the file to export to, do I get folders within Outlook. I suspect that some registry entries are missing in that I found some missing when I tried to export to text from Access. When I hand entered entried to the registry, copying them from another machine, everything started to work. Since this seems to be an esoteric problem, I don't quite know where to turn to get some ans...

Charts move and formatting changes when using 'Send to Mail Recipi
I having some trouble with Excel 2007 when I use the 'Send to Mail Recipient'. The charts that are created in the worksheet move from their position and cover other areas of the report when I use the Send to Mail Recipient. Is there a better way to send the report to someone in email form as apposed to an attachment that will keep the report looking as it should? I know it works good when saving as a HTML but this I am unable to send it in an email. This seems to be a problem with Excel 2007 as it was working just fine in Excel 2003. Any information on this to help me send the ...

New user mailboxes not being created #2
Hi All, I am having difficulty getting newly created users to show up in the GAL. The email addresses for any new user are not being created. I can add new users successfully, either by copying from another user or by creating the user from scratch. I can log in as the new user. When I try to create the user in Outlook using Check Names, I get the following message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." Any new user that I create does not get any email addresses created nor is it added to the GAL. If I go into System ...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...