Resource Scheduling #4

We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We
have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's
appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We
understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct
permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using
delegate permissions, however, we want to create a
situation where the tutors can make entries in their own
diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling
team.

We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in
Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource
Scheduling, we ticked the option to Automatically accept
meeting requests and process cancellations. We then
clicked the set permissions button. On the permissions tab
we set roles for the tutor of author. Edit items - Own.
Delete items - Own. We were hoping this would enable a
tutor to change only there own entries but not those
entered by the scheduling team. We found that with the
given permissions described the tutors are able to move
appointments without the scheduling team being made aware.

Is there any way which we can set the diary up to give us
the desired result, described in the first paragraph?

0
olasonola (1)

>We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group
>of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a
>scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the
>correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using
>delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the
>tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries
>made by the scheduling team.
>
>We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools
>Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option to
>Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations. We
>then clicked the set permissions button. On the permissions tab we set
>roles for the tutor of author. Edit items - Own.
>Delete items - Own. We were hoping this would enable a tutor to change
>only there own entries but not those entered by the scheduling team. We
>found that with the given permissions described the tutors are able to
>move appointments without the scheduling team being made aware.
>
>Is there any way which we can set the diary up to give us the desired
>result, described in the first paragraph?

You might have more success if you use a public folder for this.  The
tutor's have owner permission to their own folders so you probably won't
be able to restrict them.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

0
bens1 (1425)

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

N:N relationships and CRM 4.0
Hi all! In CRM 4.0, I created a new entity called new_skills in order to qualify my contacts. I also created a N:N relationship between new_skills and the Contact entity. For a specific skill (let's say "Programmer"), is it possible to add to it many contacts at the same time, from an Advanced Find View for instance? Could anyone offer a pointer? Thanks! Harry On May 21, 4:33=A0am, Harry <Ha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all! > > In CRM 4.0, I created a new entity called new_skills in order to qualify m= y > contacts. =A0I also created a N:...

4.0 Mail Templates
When I create a Word Template and save it (in Word xml format), then upload to CRM Templates, then execute a Word Merge: everything works great EXCEPT the fields need to be re-matched. This wastes a lot of time which negates the whole purpose of a template. Please advise... Thanks, Suzy This is the default behavior as I know about mail templates. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Suzy" wrote: > When I create a Word Template and save it (in Word xml f...

Time #4
Here is another question - (Thank you to those of you who have been so helpful to answer my first one) I'm having difficulty getting it to calculate time, so I put it in military time ... then we have to add and do some division. It would be nice to just enter 16:30 and have it add how many hours and minutes are between it and 14:17 without dividing it. Ideas? (I promise that when I'm a pro, I will return the favor) On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:29:27 -0700, "Brandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here is another question - (Thank you to those of yo...

Print Preview #4
I would like to preview my worksheets that contains coloured cells as they will print on a BW printer so I know what my charts etc. will actually look like. How do I turn off the Print Preview in colour when printing to a BW printer? i.e. I want to see exactly what will print depending on what printer I go to (the BW or the Colour). Further, I am not asking about the Page Setup option of checkmarking Black and White as that will print in only Black and White and not scale my colours and patterns accordingly to the % they would actually print. Please advise and thank you. Deborah ...

Outlook 2000 email #4
How do I send an email to everyone in a particular catagory in contacts. Like I have 29 folks with a catagory of 'genealogy'. How can I send an email to all of them without typing in all their email addresses? Thanks. jdonaldallen@charter.net Switch to the By Category view in your Contacts folder, click the group header for your Geneaology category, and choose "New Message to Contact" from the Actions menu. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thr...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

test #4
Test of the News -- Elvira Mi Photo Gallery http://www.personal.able.es/ensoriano ...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Goldmine 4 Conversion Profiles Tab
When converting Goldmine 4.0 (into CRM 1.2) there is a Profiles tab that contains e-mail addresses for Contacts for a particular account. The users DID NOT fill in the e-mail address fields where they should have on either the Account main page, or on the individual Contacts of those accounts. It appears they have placed then all on the Profiles Tab, and they appear now in the Reference column when looking at the Profiles Tab. When we look at the actual ContSupp.dbf table it is Ref Type P and the Contact column says Email Address, then the e-mail addresses are in the Contsupref colu...

Can you schedule e-mail?
Is it possible to schedule a send time and date for an E- mail? I am going to be out of the office and need specific e-mail's to be sent on specific dates and times. Yes you can, after you create a new message click on the options button and then click on "Do not deliver before" and set the date and time you want it to be delivered. It will then be sent to your outbox, but won't be delivered until the date and time specified. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to schedule a send time and date for an E- >mail? I am going to be out of the office and...

Detect and Repair #4
I was having some problems with my Outlook email - so I hit the detect and repair button - it somehow erased my entire mailbox. Is there anyway to retrieve that information off a server? A Detect and Repair doesn't erase data. You can choose it to reset your settings and I guess that is what you did. This wipes out your mail profile as well then. Reconfigure your mail profile in Control Panel-> Mail. Search your harddisk for your pst-file if you used a POP3 account and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

File Size #4
I have several workbooks linked to one autofeed. Most of the workbooks are responding fine, but I have one workbook that significantly increases in size every time it's saved; even when we've not made any changes. Though it contains the same amount of data as a similar workbook, it is now 5 times the size of the others. Is there any way to quickly troubleshoot the problem? I've gone into File, Edit, Links as well as re-linked several pages to see if there was a problem in the way it was set-up originally and so far nothing has worked. I've even removed information only to ...

Create a grid level button in ms CRM 4 using ISV Config.
I have this code in the ISVConfig in my custom entity. it is meant to create a grid level button in the custom entity. When i export the ISVConfig I get the error message "either the file could not be uploaded or this is not a valid customization file. Please help me, what am i doing wrong? <Entity name="new_projects <Grid> <Buttons> <Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Web"> <Titles> <Title LCID="1033" Text="New T...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

Archiving #4
Cannot archive messages to the archive.pst using a paticular date for messages older than date set. I am able to archive only if I use the current day or set it one day in advance. Using Outlook 2000 SP3 with Exchange 2000 SP3 Any ideas would be helpful Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Last Modified date. More information and a list of actions that ...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

email addresses #4
i require info from anyone who has managed to locate personal email addresses / personal email address sites on the web info required for book content accuracy. I don't understand your question - is this related to Outlook? katy53 wrote: > i require info from anyone who has managed to locate personal email > addresses / personal email address sites on the web. info required > for book content accuracy. katy53 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i require info from anyone who has managed to locate personal email > addresses / personal email address site...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

Print area #4
I have seen a workbook where people have set it up for more then one page area. These print areas are then visible from a dropdown box on the left side. Has anyone any idea how to set up these multiple print areas. Dinah Hi Dinah, Try this on a blank sheet just to get the hang of it. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a small block of cells Right click on the selection and choose Set Print area Now select another block of cells Right click on the selection and this time choose Add to Print area Do this three or four times on little sections of your sheet Now go back to View>No...