Resending Messages #2

In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my
Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and
entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the
Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it
showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email,
it bounced again from the old email address.

I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know
what I'm doing wrong.
0
mcp6453 (56)

You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving
the name to the old address:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198008/en-us
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my
> Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered
> the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder
> to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the
> new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced
> again from the old email address.
>
> I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know
> what I'm doing wrong.

0
russval1 (2100)

Message Follow-Up Tracking
I realize there are message tracking options already in Outlook, but they involve clicking and unclicking a lot of flags. This is easy to forget and time consuming to manage. Most of the time, when I send a new message, I expect a response. If I could set a default for all my new messages to be a particular colour in sent items until I receive a first reply (at which point the original sent message would become colourless again), then I could easily scroll through my sent items to see which message I haven't received a response from yet. If there are some messages I don't...

Item Combiner #2
I have recently purchased item combiner to resolve a series of issues create when we implemented GP over 2 yrs ago. The main question is; I need to combine items together that are setup as tracked and not tracked. I understand that the module wont allow this to happen, but has anyone ever modifed say the non tracked item in SQL to be tracked, then combined the items together? Thanks JPR The problem would be the lack of history for the formerly untracked item. I would simply discontinue the non-tracked item so it wont be used in future transactions and transfer the inventory quantity...

why do i have so many messages in my inbox on a new laptop?
I use outlook at home on my desktop. finally got a laptop to use when traveling to see the kids. just downloaded windows live and tried to connect to my msn account. on the desktop I have the inbox and user files to store family and friends and business messages. I thought they were a pst file that was only on the desktop and not stored on the msn account but when I connect to my account I now have message dated back to 7/11/08. when I go to tools/accounts/properties/general there is no advanced tap to check to make sure these messages are not deleted from my inbox and the p...

Entourage 2008
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? Mike On 2010-01-13 07:01:58 -0500, Michael Levin said: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for > emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar > with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? There is unfortunately no button, and by defaul...

2 seperated cluster of bars on 1 bar graph?
I would like to have the data for the moths of 2004 and then the same months for 2005 on the one bar graph BUT all 2004 together on say the left of the X-axis and then a space and the 2005 group clustered on the right of the x-axis. is that possible? Mike OK - I have got the seperation I needed by reworking the data so that the 2004 months are all together(before each 2004 month had its 2005 partner next to it) and then having a blank column followed by the months 2005 data. BUT how can I het the same colour for the month in 2004 and 2005 the same ?i.e november 2004 and 2005 say red ,...

Messages stuck in queue #3
I have 47 messages stuck in the "Messages pending submission" queue. It shows active but all the e-mails are just stuck there. Is there a way to get the e-mails out and have the queue show ready? I am using the POP3 connector in a SBS 2003 environment. The POP3 connector is working and bringing the e-mails down but not delivering them to the mailboxes. Thanks in advance. Ask this on an SBS newsgroup since the POP3 connector is an SBS piece. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "glenngrossman" <glenngrossman@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Message: Outlook Send Not Working
I have recently installed Windows XP and Office Professional on a new machine. I sent a couple of messages successfully from Outlook. However, now when I compose a message and click Send it closes the message and places it in the Outbox, but not italicized. I have opened the message, clicked Send, but it still remains unitalicized. Consequently, when I Send/Receive my message isn't sent. Can anyone tell me why the Outlook Send isn't working and how to fix it? Thanks, Ken Burenga Hi Ken: same problem I am having. did you get a response. Unfortunately, I too am stumpe...

#VALUE! Error #2
Why does the following formula give me a #VALUE! error? =IF(AND(OR(E7="E-120-D",E8="E-120-D",E9="E-120-D",E10="E-120-D",E11="E-120-D",E12="E-120-D",E13="E-120-D",E14="E-120-D",E15="E-120-D",E16="E-120-D"),OR("38X12","40X12","42X12","44X12","46X12","48X12","50X12","52X12","54X12","56X12","58X12","60X12","62X12","64X12","66X12","68X12",&qu...

Exchange crashing #2
Good afternoon, I am having a problem with my exc. 2003 server. upon booting -up it works fine for a short while but after 30min or so, no-one can login. the ex. services are all running but when you get an error when you open up sys. manager. the app. event log gave me this error: Process STORE.EXE (PID=2820). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. what can be causing this and how can i fix it, Thanks. -- Colin Camp There must be more errors than that in the log. What are the Event IDs? Topology Discovery failures are typically an indication of AD problems. You could run dc...

How to resend emails?
Sometime, email does not reach to the recipients because of problems with their server. In that case, I would like to re-send the same email (from "Sent Items" folder). How can I do it? I do not see any re-send button. I use 98Outlook with WinXP-SP2. Satoshi Open the message-> Actions-> Resend this message -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oegn6nm%23EHA.154...

Public folder deletion #2
I have an Exchange 2000 server which has several public folders which cannot be deleted. I delete them in the ESM and they appear to be deleted both in the ESM and when viewed from Outlook. At some point later they reappear. I verified that it is not a replication issue as the folders in question are not being replicated to any other server. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Excel on a Mac #2
I'm working on a Mac at home, and I'm going crazy because the F2 ke doesn't let me do in-cell editing the way I've grown accustomed t doing on my PC. I'd be happy to learn another key stroke, but I can' find one! Anybody know how I can change a cell's information withou touching the mouse, and without over-writing it completely? thanks! Crai -- cscribne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cscribner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2366 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Resending Messages #2
In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced again from the old email address. I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving the name to the ol...

Outlook 2000 Calendar #2
I installed the update to have the holidays show up on my 2000. However, now my calendar items are hidden in the Calendar mode. They show up on Outlook, but not on the Calendar. They show up busy, bold dates, but nothing is on that day. What can I do? Thanks, Dan. ...

check box formatting #2
How do I increase the size of a check box in Excel? I inserted a box from the form toolbar but it's so small, I can barely read it. If someone could tell me how to make it larger, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Hi jt, I don't know if you can change the size of a format check box but if it's just the shape you want, with no functionality (i.e. for printing on paper forms, rather than to perform a function in a spreadsheet), then you can use an autoshape from the drawing toolbar, which can be easily resized. Henry Falk "jt" wrote: > How do I increase the siz...

Events & windows messages
Hello, Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a new windows message has arrived in the processes message queue? I want to be able to wait on an event such as this within a thread process rather than it having to call PeekMessage all the time (which is extremely inefficient and needlessly slows down my other threads) I am using Visual C++ 5.0, 6.0 & 7.0 (.Net) Many thanks in advance! newsgroupie newsgroupie wrote: >Hello, > >Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or >WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a...

Posting a Message to another class
Hi I've an application that has a class having a Callback function that recieves event messages. I want to process some of these events in another class. How can i Post these messages to be processed in other class. I tried using the postmessage but that asks for a window handle but the class that I want to process those messages in is a simple generic class without any window associated with it. Is there any way I can do so in this generic class. Regards Atif If you have to Post a message (because of thread) then what most people do is inherit the class from a CWnd, and create the w...

Cannot send email messages
This is my first time using this so I hope I do this right. I am trying to help my sister with her email problem. She is not having a problem receiving emails but cant send. Is getting the following error message and outgoing emails are sitting in her outbox. We are using a wireless connection at a hospital where she is staying while being treated for cancer. Ok....too much infomation. Sorry. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'shower', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, ...

IMAP #2
Client is configured with IMAP. Is it possible to move email messages into Public Folders? Thanks, AC ...

How to prevent new message icon appearing in system tray at arriving of junk messages?
Hello How to prevent the new message icon appearing in the system tray at arriving of junk messages or messages moved to "deleted Items" folder by rules? ...

Message and Tracking Tabs
Message and Tracking Tabs do not appear in sent message when read recipt requested. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Query based on 2 parameter in 2 diff tables
Access 2007 I am trying to create a query that will look and pull data from 2 different tables based on a username the user inputs and an object name the user inputs when the query is initially ran. Table 1 shows a user name and the role the user is in Table 2 shows all the roles and which roles are assigned to specific objects For example: Table 1 - Bob - GL role Table 2 - GL role - object P11 I need to tie these together so if I enter "Bob" and "P11" then the query will show me if Bob has access to P11. If not, it should be blank. I can get separat...

Deleted messages?
Somebody knows what happens to deleted messages in Entourage? On 12/9/09 2:13 PM, in article C7458B2B.8C01%dmarchand001@sympatico.ca, "dma" <dmarchand001@sympatico.ca> wrote: > Somebody knows what happens to deleted messages in Entourage? Messages first go to Deleted Items folder. Once they are deleted there, Entourage writes over the space. They are not recoverable once they are deleted from Deleted Items folder without using some kind of special software and only if they have not been overwritten. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page &...

Outlook has stopped sending messages
I am running XP and Outlook 2007. Following an automatic installation of system software, it appears that Outlook has stopped sending messages from the Outbox. Upon checking the accounts under "Tools" I chose "repair" and the connection was checked but yielded the following message: "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available". This is not the first time this has happened. The first time this happened I inserted the Outlook 2007 CD and selected "Repair" and it seemed to fix the problem. Now, however, repairing from the CD doe...