Requesting Read Receipts

Hi,

The sender got options for "Requesting Read Receipts" at Outlook Express.

If i received and read the email will send a read receipt to the sender,
then
the reply read receipt message will go to the "Sent Folder".

My Question is,

Can i reply and automatically deleting the "Read Receipt" from the "Sent
Folder" or the reply message will not show in the "Sent Folder".

Thank

David Wong

0
kok_woon (1)

Kok Woon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The sender got options for "Requesting Read Receipts" at Outlook
> Express.
>
> If i received and read the email will send a read receipt to the
> sender, then
> the reply read receipt message will go to the "Sent Folder".
>
> My Question is,
>
> Can i reply and automatically deleting the "Read Receipt" from the
> "Sent Folder" or the reply message will not show in the "Sent Folder".
>
> Thank
>
> David Wong

Hi - do you mean, an OE user sent you a message, which you received in
Outlook, and requested a read receipt, and you said yes to it?
If so, I don't think read receipts show up as sent items. I don't use read
receipts (I block them all as I find them rude) so I'm not sure. If they do,
you can probably create a rule to delete them in Outlook based on the
subject line...

0
lanwench (7567)

Request for help with VBScript...
Hi Forum, I have tried to write a VBScript (to be called using "cscript z:\folder\script.vbs") as a tool/utility to time email delivery. Basically it sends two emails, one to an email gateways providers echo service, and another to itself. The scripts purpose is to record delivery delay timings, as part of an excercise to determine and record quality of performance and service. Its pretty simple at the moment, and I would like to make it more detailed, and I would like to get it to run as a scheduled task either on a workstation or on a server. I have several problems wit...

Request.form stops working after clicking on page with Integrated
Hello, I am using asp on a Windows 2003 server, with IIS 6.0, for a large organization. I need to collect user names for some pages on the website (which are restricted to a certain number of users), and am using request.servervariables(LOGON_USER) to get those names. To do this, I have turned off "enable anonymous access" and turned on Integrated Windows authentication for a gateway page (i.e. just for one page in the whole website). I can't use Integrated Windows authentication for the whole site because then some important users who are outside the fore...

Can't install Pub2002; error 1305 'cant read mspub.pub
I got a new computer w/XP. I'm trying to install Pub2002 but about 1 minute into install get error message 1305 and "Can't read files\windows\shellnew\mspub.pub. I've cleaned the disk and tried to reinstall numerous times. I've never Any tips? THANKS! OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You Install Office XP or Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321339&Product=offxp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "zo...

Read Text from WOrd
Hi, I have written a code to convert word file to text and store it in the database. I am using the below code to open the document but the code completely hangs there. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong? oDoc = oWordApplic.Documents.Open(ref fileName, ref missing,ref readOnly, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref isVisible,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing); Regards Sunil The first parameter expects a file path. How are you 'reading from the database'? -- Vapordan ...

Has email been read
is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using the return receipt option or recalling the message? thanks No. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fe101c3be6c$8f470ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using > the return receipt option or recalling the message? > > thanks ...

Backup process sets file to read only
When I do a backup from Money 2004 Deluxe it tags the resultant backup file as read only. This is fine the very first time the backup is made; however, on subsequent backups, the application hangs due to the write protection. If I make sure I clear the read only attribute prior to backing up, it works fine. Anyway of not having money mark the backup file as read only? You should NEVER EVER use the same file for backing up. Use a cycle of media and file names. I use "yyyymmdd Backup" as my filenames. You can do this by checking the "prompt me" box in Tools > O...

Read receipts #3
Hi, I don't want the Outlook to send read receipts I checked the option "Never send read receipts". But it looks like it sends them, regardless of the option I chose. (I can see that by watching Norton AV sending the receipt) Why does that option not work? Thank you in advance Adrian ...

Reading from resources
C++, MFC Hi, I put an *.rtf document into resource and I would like to read it into a RichEdit control. Is ther eany example for it? I could not find itn in MSDN documentation. Thanks, Lubomir I did a FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, wrote the contents to a temp file, and then directed the input from that file. joe On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:36:07 -0700, "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >C++, MFC >Hi, > >I put an *.rtf document into resource and I would like to read it into a >RichEdit control. > >Is ther eany example...

Rounding in sales receipts
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ...

how do i delete a (read only) file?
i am trying to delete some files that are (READ ONLY) anyone have a clue as to how? i am in microsoft excel. Open windows explorer. go to that folder right click on the file to delete select "delete" answer yes to the "are you sure prompt" (somethings don't need to be done in Excel.) Renee wrote: > > i am trying to delete some files that are (READ ONLY) anyone have a clue as > to how? i am in microsoft excel. -- Dave Peterson ...

request
Dear Sir/Madam I am a student of Warsaw School of Economics. I write a master's thesis about a opinion on managers. I would like to ask you to fill in the survey (link below) by you and as many members of your group as possible. It will help me to write my thesis. It takes only up to 7 minutes to fill it in. The survey: http://entropy.be/~mag/limesurvey/index.php?sid=94762&lang=en If you could please also forward this mail to other members of the group. I will be rally grateful for your help. Yours sincerely ...

Setting Outlook to read Newsgroups and Trouble with reminders
I want Outlook (2003) to be my default newsgroup reader. When I try to add News to my GO menu it is not available. I do not mean that it is not currently a menu item, I mean that when I go to Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons -> Customize -> Commands -> Go...it is not listed in the available Commands list. My second issue is that I continually get an error stating that there is a problem with my reminders. Is there some file that I can delete so that Outlook will recreate it? Any assistance? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control ...

Re: 2003 read in 98
"Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:... > Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can be read in earlier versions? I > have tried saving as 'Pack & Go' but this does not help > grateful for any ideas > Peter Cripps > > Short answer - no. "Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:bpo0tr$qpm$1@titan.btinternet.com... > > "Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:... > > Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can ...

News Reading (Usenet) in Outlook Express
I have discovered I cannot use my newsreader in outlook express with my current provider, which they omitted to advise me. Is there a free news server I can use within Outlook express Muddypaws <babypink2807@btinternet.com> wrote: > I have discovered I cannot use my newsreader in outlook express with > my current provider, which they omitted to advise me. Is there a free > news server I can use within Outlook express How is this in any way an Outlook question? How long do you think it would take you to type http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bnntp+%2Bserver -- Bri...

Help Requested with Pivot Table
Hi, I've created a pivot table. It looks like this: Item1 Sum of Total 9 Count of Names 2 Average of Total 4.5 Item2 Sum of Total 12 Count of Names 3 Average of Total 4 Item3 Sum of Total 3 Count of Names 1 Average of Total 3 ....... You get the idea. 1) I find this to be a very awkward way to present the data. It would make much more sense to present it as follows: Name Sum of Count of Average of Total Names Total Item1 9 2 4.5 Item2 1...

Read PDF into XLS
Hi NG! Is it possible to convert PDF Files to XLS Files. Thanx for Posting Richie ...

read the message please
Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. please allow time for it to finishg. if you believe it has faild, log out of dynamics and log back in to recover transactions. i do it but nothing, i run check link and nothing i restart the server but nothing last i delete the transacctions in dynamics but nothing. who want to help me. ...

OWA 2003 Reading Pane
I am unable to see the message body in the reading pane through OWA 2003. It shows the To: cc: etc information, but not the message body. Any ideas on what would cause this? I have tested this on multiple user accounts and from multiple workstations and they are all having the problem Thank you try cleaning out the C:\WINDOWS\IIS Temporary Compressed Files\ folder.. it seems to work for me.. "Lexiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30CC916-4E89-4218-B328-926C7B51C61F@microsoft.com... > I am unable to see the message body in the reading pa...

how do i save my exel document so that i can read it
what is the correct way to save excel worksheets, and word documents when i open either one i get unreadable characters Save as Excel workbook and Word document. How are you currently saving? How are you opening them that gives you unreadable characters? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:42:03 -0700, smokey <smokey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what is the correct way to save excel worksheets, and word documents >when i open either one i get unreadable characters ...

Meeting requests duplicating themselves in Outlook 2003
Hi guys, I've been trawling the internet to be able to sort this problem and it seems to be a glitch in Outlook, but i am wondering if by some miricale someone has managed to find a fix for it. The problem: One user out of over 200 is having this problem that when she accpets a meeting request and it is subsequently updated the update is sent to her and it creates a duplicate meeting in her caldendar without deleting the original. The user has tested this with another meeting of which 2 updates have been made inlcuding one in which the meeting changes the day of which it is on and it ha...

Request timed out
We have an aspx page that uploads photos (up to 6) and we are getting a "request timed out" error. Is it possible to simply increase a setting for that page only, and if so, how is that done. Thanks. -- David ...

Turning off Reading Pane generally in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to turn off the Reading Pane generally for all folders? The easiest way is to start it with the /NoPreview switch. -Peter "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0e4d5294-5510-4b82-a1e6-929841a67e7c@x31g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > In Outlook 2003 is there a way to turn off the Reading Pane generally > for all folders? ...

Error: "filename" can not be accessed. The file may be read-only, .........
I get this error when trying to open a annexed file to all mail messages received in the last few days. Older messages with files do not have the same problem. Only change I can think of is that I have downloaded and installed all Windows updates available some days ago. I used Office XP outlook, and have installed Office 2003+SP1 now to try solving, but no way. Thanks! Do a search for the file name provided and right click on it and choose properties. uncheck read-only. Cheers "RS" <robser.quitaresto@tiscali.es> wrote in message news:1094833371.43178@nispero.mad.tis...

Cannot access read-only document
I hope someone can help Had to reinstall Win2k Pro after Blast last month. Program suggests setting user & administrator acct despite being sole user to avoid accidental config changes when using pc as admin. Problem now w/ Excel 2k is there are workbooks I cannot open regardless of how I log in. The message is "cannot access read-only document ___" I tried changing doc to read-only, hidden and tried opening it w/ all programs on my pc. Microsoft online suggests saving the file to another "non-network" drive, but I cannot access the program. I have also changed my u...

Reading News in Outlook 2003
Hello. How do you get the Newsgroups to work in Outlook 2003? I use Outlook Express to read the news, and I had a shortcut to it in Outlook at the top; but it stopped working and I removed the button. Now I don't know how to add again. I've looked under the Go menu, but News is not there anymore. Any thought? Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask m...