Repost: "Save target as..." option

When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to PDFs,
pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target as...".  This
option doesn't appear to be available for links in emails in Outlook 2003,
and I'd be grateful for advice on whether this is a feature of Outlook, or a
setting I need to change in the options somewhere.

TIA

It is a setting in the OS and not Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Trent SC asked:

| When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to
| PDFs, pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target
| as...".  This option doesn't appear to be available for links in
| emails in Outlook 2003, and I'd be grateful for advice on whether
| this is a feature of Outlook, or a setting I need to change in the
| options somewhere.
|
| TIA

0
MillyS (3228)
12/16/2005 7:10:48 PM
Sorry, but I don't get it: in OE6, I can click on a link in a message body
and I get the option "Save Target As...", but on the same machine, that
option doesn't appear if I right-click on the same link in Outlook 2003, so
I don't see how that's an OS feature...

Or am I missing something?

> It is a setting in the OS and not Outlook.
>
> | When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to
> | PDFs, pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target
> | as...".  This option doesn't appear to be available for links in
> | emails in Outlook 2003, and I'd be grateful for advice on whether
> | this is a feature of Outlook, or a setting I need to change in the
> | options somewhere.
> |
> | TIA

Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer, part of the OS.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Trent SC asked:

| Sorry, but I don't get it: in OE6, I can click on a link in a message
| body and I get the option "Save Target As...", but on the same
| machine, that option doesn't appear if I right-click on the same link
| in Outlook 2003, so I don't see how that's an OS feature...
|
| Or am I missing something?
|
|| It is a setting in the OS and not Outlook.
||| When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to
||| PDFs, pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target
||| as...".  This option doesn't appear to be available for links in
||| emails in Outlook 2003, and I'd be grateful for advice on whether
||| this is a feature of Outlook, or a setting I need to change in the
||| options somewhere.
||| TIA

0
MillyS (3228)

Repost: "Save target as..." option
When I used to use Outlook Express, I could right click on links (to PDFs, pix, etc) in message bodies and select the option "Save target as...". This option doesn't appear to be available for links in emails in Outlook 2003, and I'd be grateful for advice on whether this is a feature of Outlook, or a setting I need to change in the options somewhere. TIA It is a setting in the OS and not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without ...