REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling

We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders,
plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call
Contact.

This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it
uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine.

However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x
Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact
folders.

We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will
directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would also
like to be rid of the public contact directories as well, since this too is
merely duplicated AD data.

The problem we have is that we initiated calls from both private & public
contact folders, but not from Exchange's Global Address List - this appears
to a limitation in Outlook.

Is there a way of initiating calls from the Global Address List?

If Outlook can't handle it directly, are there any free/cheap 3rd party
tools that we could use?

Alternatively, is there a way of populating each users Contacts list, either
dynamically or statically

Thanks in advance...

Chris

0
cjmnews04 (9)

Mulitiple outline numbered lists
I have a document that I need to insert two separate outline numbered lists into and I'm not quite sure how to do it. My first list uses the built-in Heading styles and I've modified them to 1.0 for Heading 1, 1.1 for Heading 2, etc. My second list uses paragraph styles that I created to capture procedural steps underneath the main headings. Because my indenturing in the heading goes so deep (out of my control, unfortunately), I have three levels of procedural steps that each start inset a little bit more from the left margin. Headings 1 - 4 all start at .5", Hea...

repost; Automatically updating formulae in multiple sheets
I list sales of 20+ products each week for the year A2-A23 are the products and B-BA are the colums for each week I have multiple sheets that have the same sales results in the same format foreach previous year 2004;2003;2002;2001;2000 Each week I want to compare total sales in the year to date i.e weeks 1-20 with weeks 1-20 in each previous year. so next week it will be 1-21. I have on each sheet a cumulative total for each of the 20 products in the year to date i.e Cell A25=SUMB2:BA2 and Cell A26=SUMB3:BA3 and so on for each product. This means each week I have to alter the formula in C...

Contact Display Names
I was wounder if this can be done with Outlook. When I enter my contacts in the contacts lists, will this change the name shown when email comes in, and can this even be change. Example: an email comes in as test@test.com (with display name Test1), I would like to have the contacts name shown as MyTest. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. typically incoming mail uses the display name the sender has configured in their mail client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Ou...

SQL Mail: Missing From Address
I have a Win2K server configured with SQL Server 2k. I've been trying to get the SQL Mail to work with an SMTP server. I installed Outlook 2002 SP3. I have a single profile created with a single POP account. I use Outlook's "Test Account" facility to test my account settings and everything works properly. I sit at the console and start up Outlook. I click "New Message", and proceed to create and send an email to another account. This works fine. Then, using SQL Enterprise Manager, I go into the SQL Server Agent, select an operator, and click the "Test&qu...

Outlook XP--Forward email to another email address
Hello- How would I have all email sent to my outlook email account, automatically forwarded to my sprint pcs email account? Appreciate the help Rules Wizard. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Psv asked: | Hello- How would I have all email sent to my outlook email account, | automatically forwarded to my sprint pcs email account? Appreciate | the help...

Clients lose contact after server update
Almost every time after the SBS 2008 server applies an update, some, but not all, of the clients lose network contact with the server. The clients cannot connect to server shares. After the client is rebooted, all is well. Any ideas what is going on? Brian Hi Brian: Hard to tell without more information. Loss of connectivity can be network cards going to sleep, switches going off line, and so on. Have you run the BPA and fixed any issues it finds? www.sbsbpa.com - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Ch...

Auto-add to Contacts
I have read some of the discussions regarding turning off the auto-add for contacts. I have tried to do this. However, after I click on options (in Tools), I do not have a tab labeled Send. I use Windows Vista. Any ideas on how to turn off the auto-add?? It is very annoying to have all those addresses of people I do not know!! THANKS!! Now try opening Tools | Options | Send from the Windows Mail window, not a message window. gslover wrote: > I have read some of the discussions regarding turning off the auto-add for > contacts. I have tried to do this. However, ...

How do you handle multiple 'generic' email addresses for an account
Whats the best way to handle generic email addresses (e.g sales@, info@, accounts@) that don't match to a person/contact? We have just started using CRM and are spending a bit of time manually associating emails to accounts which we would like to reduce/stop. TIA Antony Have you looked into using queues? Go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Queues -Ben Childs "Antony" <info AT webpc DOT biz> wrote in message news:OwUD5a5pGHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Whats the best way to handle generic email addresses (e.g sales@, info@, > accounts@) that don&#...

List Box or Combo Box selection to populate cells
Good day: I have excel 2002 and I would like to have a list box or combo box to be able to populate cells based on the selection. ie Choose company from drop down .. will populate the address and phone number cells for that customer. Not quite sure how to do this.. Just need some direction and I should be able to figure it out from there. The name, address and phone number will be on another worksheet. I figured I could put the whole name and address in one cell and just make it big enough to fit once its dropped down.. but that process is kind of clunky for someone else who may need to add ...

Accounts and contacts using the Oulook client for CRM 3.0
I wonder why some accounts or contacts don't appear when I look them among contacts from CRM database (contacts- open shared contacts- accouts/contact from CRM). I've checked that they appear when I look them on clients of CRM (account or contacts). Any idea? ...

Address book "remembers" old email addresses
Hello, My boss uses Outlook, I think 2002. In the past few years, I have had 3 different email addresses. Within my boss' address book, I have kept my own content current, i.e., revised my own email address and removed the old addresses. However, when my boss goes to send me email, and begins to type in my name, the "Send to" line begins to auto-populate with an older email address. Is there any way to remedy this? It's a bit maddening when she sends an email to me, but it doesn't arrive; to make matters worse, she doesn't even receive an "Undeliverab...

Crash with Business Contact Manager
Dear MS or some kind soul out there. I have just installed Office 2003 with Business Contact manager and just cannot link existing e-mails to accounts and business contacts. When I do what is described in http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HP010445711033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID =GYS4AvLl90&Query=link+e-mail+to+contacts&Scope=HP%2cHA% 2cRC%2cFX%2cXT i.e. link an e-mail to a business contact it just crashes! Can anyone help, please. >-----Original Message----- >Dear MS or some kind soul out there. > >I have just ins...

Repost
I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here so I apologize if it has already been answered. I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS send an email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check for Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your office products are up to date". Thanks for reading. Hi Robin, I have the following URL to view, nothing more. http://officebeta.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx I rea...

Global address list sharing
Newbie here..bear with me...we have an external company that we just made a frame connection to with a domain trust established. They are running Win2000 AD with Exchange 2000. We are running NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. We want to be able to exchange address lists using their active directory connector. I've been asked by this external company to provide full rights on our Exchange server to one of their domain user accounts in order to accomplish this. My concerns are on security....do they really need full exchange rights to do this? Is there anyway to give them permissions yet keep ...

no global address book when sending
Hi All, Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email browser. It started recently when you create a ms word document and go to: File - send to mail receipient or mail receipient as an attachement outlook does open ok except when I select the TO button I do not get my global address book (company address book), I get nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance... If you create a new message in Outlook and click the To: button, do you see anything in there? Brenda McGrane wrote: > Hi All, >...

Global Address List Issues. #2
Hello everyone. I have yet another question. This is a good one. I have set up a dummy Exchange account so that I could share the address book that belongs to it. This makes it so that I can have a company Contacts Database from which everyone in the company can e-mail from. This is the issue. When I am sending a new message, and I hit the To button, I want this list to come up as e-mail recipient options. Can this be done? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- darylakagod A public folder would be a bette...

+1 in contacts
Hi, Outlook 2007 adds +1 in front of the phone numbers in contacts. How can I stop this? Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090410.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defaul...

import windows live messenger contacts
How can i import my contacts from windows live messenger to outlook 2007. Thanks in advance Tom ...

Contacts Folder - Single Contact
We just upgraded from Office 97 to Office XP. In Office 97 if I have a contact with multiple e-mail addresses - and I open the contacts folder from the addressbook the contacts show up as follows - Work Contact Work Contact (E-Mail 2) In XP the 2 entries show up as - Work Contact Work Contact It does not distinguish the 2 different addresses unless you click Properties. A lot of my users are complaining. I have been through everything trying to find an option, fix anything. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks ...

Add Phone Numbers to Contacts
I have a Palm TX, I do not use iTouch any more as I also have an iPod iTouch. Transferring my email contact5s to the pod was a simple sync. The problem is that outlook contacts did not contain any telephone numbers. I have those numbers in a contact file on my Palm which I can also export as vcard. Is there a way to get these addresses and phone numbers in to Outlook so I can then sync with the iTouch? ...

Distinguish Contacts in Outlook
Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way to distinguish which contact in Outlook is being synchronized to CRM? For example if an user had 1000 contact which 200 is being synchronized, it is quite difficult for him to locate which of them are selected. A summary view will be great if it is available. Thanks. Alzard In the CRM options menu in Outlook, on the general tab, there is an option to have a "CRM icon" for e-mail. This may make a difference, as in my Outlook contacts have a distinctly different icon. When you view a contact, the top left icon in the toolba...

add email to outlook contacts...
I know you can right click on the FROM line of an existing email and "Add to Outlook Contacts". However, I have someone who is visually impaired and cannot do right clicks and select from the menu. Is there a shortcut key that can do that while he is in the email? ngan;108815 Wrote: > I know you can right click on the FROM line of an existing email and > "Add to > Outlook Contacts". > > However, I have someone who is visually impaired and cannot do right > clicks > and select from the menu. Is there a shortcut key that can do tha...

Outlook Address Book retro transfer
Howdy all, I am needing to know how to export the Outlook Address book from Outlook 2000 and import it into either a pab file or into Outlook 98. Any ideas/help? Much thanks! JP Outlook does not use an address book. It uses a Contacts Folder, which, along with all other Outlook data, resides in a PST file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JP" &l...

VB list box print reports. Known # of columns. # rows unknown
I have a Listbox with a number of reports. I know the number of columns in the report but not the number of rows in the report. This will vary based on data. How do I set the print area in VB when I don't know the number of rows. One way, assuming your data begins in cell A1. Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), _ Cells(UsedRange.Rows.Count, UsedRange.ColumnsCount)) ActiveSheet.PageSetUp.PrintArea = rng "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A660B32E-BEB0-4EFF-A146-0943407D4F91@microsoft.com... >I have...

CC a related contact when emailing a contact
Is there a way to automatically cc a related contact when emailing a contact? I'm trying to create an Onload event for the Email form but I can't get the script right. As far as I can tell the entity is: Customer Relationship and the Party 2 schema name is: customerid. I guess from the customerid, I need to get the contact name and populate the cc field with this contact name during the onload event of the email form. Has anyone done this or something similar? ...