REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling

We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders,
plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call
Contact.

This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it
uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine.

However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x
Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact
folders.

We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will
directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would also
like to be rid of the public contact directories as well, since this too is
merely duplicated AD data.

The problem we have is that we initiated calls from both private & public
contact folders, but not from Exchange's Global Address List - this appears
to a limitation in Outlook.

Is there a way of initiating calls from the Global Address List?

If Outlook can't handle it directly, are there any free/cheap 3rd party
tools that we could use?

Alternatively, is there a way of populating each users Contacts list, either
dynamically or statically

Thanks in advance...

Chris

0
cjmnews04 (9)

Outlook contact list won't populate address book
My Outlook 2007 contact list won't populate address book. I open the contact list and the names and address are there, but when I create a new message or reply and hit the "to" or 'CC" buttons the address book comes up empty State the steps you used to configure the Outlook Address Book Service. Compare them to what you should have done. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Bill Toothaker" <Bill Toothaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1668DE-4B7C-46E0-8165-...

Distribution lists ?
Hi ! I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm planning to make document about those lists. Does anybody know a short way to do this ? It's quit hard to go separatelly through all lists and write it down users who belong to those lists. I have Win NT 4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. -Mika V On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:08:26 -0700, "Mika V" <mika.valimaa@pcsuperstore.fi> wrote: >Hi ! > >I have about 60 distribution lists and now i'm >planning to make document about those lists. >Does anybody know a short way to do this ? >It's quit hard to ...

No Archive appearing in folder list
I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't appear in the folder list. Is there a way of viewing it in the folder list? Using Office 2000 and XP Home. Open the archive PST using a command on the File menu. I forget the exact path since I'm using OL2003 now. In OL2003 it's File menu > Open > Outlook Data file. It may be similiar in OL2000 "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message news:5a47d$436499b5$50e5af86$15725@nf5.news-service.com... >I notice on one of my PC's that the archive folder doesn't app...

Thank you for Payee List problem solved
So simple but how to know such a thing that a leap year would mess with a drop down list. I guess it has to do with the fact that money only lists payees that you have used in the last 2 years and since this day hasn't occured for 4 years the program is functioning properly, just a bit frustrating though. ...

Prevent users forwarding to external address
Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)? We forbid this but need a way to enforce it. In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found in the Global Settings node. Here you will find an option to disallow automatic forwards to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message news:uSWtZGxlFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An...

Exporting Contacts -- Problems with Mail Merge
I'm trying to export Contacts from Outlook 2002. When I try to export, Outlook tells me that it needs a Translator file from the original Office XP Pro CD. Unfortunately, I can't find this disk. (It came with my wife's Dell Dimension.) Do you know where else I can find these files? I was hoping to download them from Microsoft Support, but they don't seem to make them available. All I want to do is convert the Contacts to a comma- delimited file so that we can import them into a Word mail merge process. Actually, even this is a work-around. My first choice would be t...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

Why Notes in Contact detail view now shows a timeline of inputs?
I use Outlook 2007 on Vista. Recently, my Notes section of the detailed address view is showing a greyed out timeline of input and repeats the input. How can I avoid this? -- Thank You! What is the input? Is it address and phone info and are you using the social connector? That's a "feature" of it, at least with the sharepoint provider enabled. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Remove drop-down list in Excel
We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. We are using MS Office 2002 Thank you Select the cell, do data>validation>clear all, click OK -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cdeldegan" <cdeldegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87E04310-8135-4B5E-858D-18B87AF2DE12@microsoft.com... > We accidentally ended up with a drop-down list on one of the cells of our > Excel worksheet and we can't figure out how to make it go away... Please help. ...

Need formula to calculate List Price.
Need help with an excel formula to figure out the list price. I was given the discount (%) and my net price but I want to figure out what was the origin list price before the discount was applied. I have following cells which have the data I need to look at to get final cost. A10 - Contains the net price (my price) B10 - Contains my discount (%) C10 - Where I want the list price to appear (price before discount was applied) I need a formula that will calculate what amount my discount was based on (list price). One way: =A10/(1-B10) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #3
Thanks, I will give it a try. I have to read up more on VB tutorials t get a better idea for coding -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

auto fill e-mail address
In Outlook Express I used to be able to enter just the first few letters of an e-mail address in the "To" box and it would automatically fill in the rest. However, now I'm using MS Outlook and I can't figure out how to set it to do the same. Can someone tell me how? Thanks. Only Outlook 2002 and 2003 have this feature and only if you've sent a message to the person before. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Ac...

how do i make email addresses for family members office outlook
im trying to find out do i just switch the name thats befor the @or how i do this thay dont have emails at all thanks shad <shad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > im trying to find out do i just switch the name thats befor the @or > how i do this thay dont have emails at all thanks No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

READ AWAY
All, As a number of folks are undoubtedly wondering "is XYZ problem happening to anyone else".. I've endeavored to document those I've been able to REPRODUCE... 1. Can't backup while online "updates" are in progress - produces error message indicating write failure or backup cancelled. Should indicate that backup cant be done while online update in progress 2. Can't send payments from the register while online updates are in progress - produces error message and queues for later sending. However, error message doesn't indicate why send failed ...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

Export address utility?
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2k Server SP4. I would like to know if there is a utility that will allow me to export all the email addresses to an Excel spreadsheet. I tried a Directory Export but it did not get multiple SMTP addresses. I need to export all email addresses including DL's, custom recipients, and multiple smtp addresses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John You need to include the header line 'secondary-proxy-addresses' in your export file to get multiple SMTP addresses. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=153028 -- Neil Hobson Ex...

Sorting contact list
When selecting email addresses (when clicking on the To: or Cc: buttons) a "Select" dialog box appears with a list of my contacts. Although my Contact listing shows names sorted by surname, this select dialog box sorts by first name. Very annoying especially because I cannot find the setting to correct this. I've tried attaching a .jpg of the dialog box for all to see but I don't thing this newsgroup allows attachments. Forgive me if the duplicate appears. Any ideas? This is among the most frequently asked questions in this group. No need to post any binaries....

custom lists
Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? AFD Hi, Choose Data tab, Validation in the Data Tools group. Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$NoYnRFJHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Where is the option in 2007 for making custom lists for filling?? > > AFD > If I understand the OP correct ? Office Button>Excel Options Popular Click on Edit custom lists -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Shane Devenshire" <shanedevenshire@sbc...

Update Ower ID of Contacts
I'd like to update the ower id of several contacts that I am importing for another assocate in a Production enviornment. I have the GUID for the contact owner but it does not look like I can import the contacts and update the owner id at the same time? ...

Transfering emails and address book.
I have had to reformat my hard drive from 98 to XP and was using Outlook. I will lose all my eamails and address book unless someone can tell me how to move them over from one hard drive to another????? Where are they stored in 98??? Thanks JC On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:19:42 -0700, "Jim Christian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have had to reformat my hard drive from 98 to XP and >was using Outlook. I will lose all my eamails and address >book unless someone can tell me how to move them over >from one hard drive to another????? Where are ...

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

correct total column in filtered list
Dear friends, I have a list(table in 2007) as bellow Serial ItemCode Import Export Remain 1 10 20 20 2 20 10 10 3 10 30 40 4 30 10 50 5 20 20 30 note how last column (remain) is calculated (remain=up remain+import-expor) if i filter (itemcode) for 10 the remain column value not calculated on new condition (correct ...

Who should release the global memory during drag & drop?
I have one question about the global memory manipulation of drag & drop data object. Drag source can allocate a global memory block and call COleDataSource::CacheGlobalData() to provide drag source data. Drop target can get the global memory block by calling COleDataObject::GetGlobalData() to retrive the global memory handle. I found COleDataObject::GetGlobalData() return the different global memory handle value to what Drag source pass to COleDataSource::CacheGlobalData(). Many sample codes call GlobalFree() as many times as they call COleDataObject:: GetGlobalData(). Is it correct? Do...

XP Pro Update Cutoff; I need a full list
My computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 Desktop running Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Build 2600); version 2002 with Service Pack 3. It has an Intel Pentium 4 x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4: CPU 2.40 GHz; 2.39 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM. The Display adapter is a 64MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with TV Out, and I am using Internet Explorer 8. My Printer is a 2009 Dell V505. Bus Clock: 533 megahertz. BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A08 9/23/2003. C: Drive Size is 76,285 MB with 78% Free Space. H: (My Book) Size is 465 GB with 89% Free Space. I have Microsoft Office XP Small Busines...