Replying with attachments #2

Hi,

In Outlook 2000, when you reply to a message it does not
include the attachment.  Is there a settings or some other
way to include the attachment in the reply?  An example of
why you would want to do this, is if you are replying to a
message, but want to include others on the email, they
would then have the original attachment.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Scott
0
anonymous (74725)

You should use forward then as it is implied that the sender already has the
attachment and basically you are now forwarding it to other people as well.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Scott Turner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Outlook 2000, when you reply to a message it does not
> include the attachment.  Is there a settings or some other
> way to include the attachment in the reply?  An example of
> why you would want to do this, is if you are replying to a
> message, but want to include others on the email, they
> would then have the original attachment.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Scott

0
Roady

Postcard printing #2
Is there any way to print 8 standard size postcards on 11x17 paper? Assuming you want to stay within the 23� stamp size you could do it with a size of 5"x4" and have an overall margin of �". First do a Printer setup for 11"x17" card stock. Create a single work area of 5" width and 4" height. (You can select the smallest margins of your choice here) Pour forth your artistic creation of the card. (The following is for Publisher 2000) Now to print it (them) File Print Page options button Select "Print multiple copies" Select "C...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

No Attachment Warning
I had this code in Outlook 2003 it warned me when I sent email without attachment if it found the word attached in the email. It doesn't work in Outlook 2007, please help. Thanks. Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lngres As Long If InStr(1, Item.Body, "attach") <> 0 Then If Item.Attachments.Count = 0 Then lngres = MsgBox(" Found 'Attach' in message, but no attachment found - send anyway?", _ vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2 + vbQuestion, "You asked me to warn you...") If lngres = vbNo Th...

Classes for RMS 2.0
I would like to take classes for RMS 2.0 but cannot find anything through Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can find a listing? Cargas (www.cargas.com) located in Pittsburgh, PA offers a 2 day course in RMS Store Operations, cost is $ 1,400.00. They also offer a 2 day course in RMS Headquarters, same price. I took the store ops course and found it well worth the investment. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler P. O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 (T) 501-374-3636 (F) 501-375-0043 (C) 501-412-5686 (E-Mail) kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Davidjc52" wrote: > I would like to take...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto moving cells #2
We use Excel 2002 XP at work, and im trying to find out if its possible to get excel to auto move a cell to the next column. The spread sheet is setout with 5 columns and is about 20 rows down. Each cell has a number in it (which is the number of each till in the store). This gets change quite a few times each week and as they are all in alphabetical order, if a number needs adding or removed, we have to keep doing it buy insert shit cells down etc, then the problem is since its only 20 rows down 1 cell will move on to row 21. Would it be possible to make excel auto maticall move this cell...

CHART #2
How come...when I create a chart with 2 variables??? One of my variables are times from 6PM to Midnight. But, accross the X axis, the TIME variable, the times show up from 1 to 50.. NOT 6PM to 12AM, as I would like. Please RSVP Hello Try right clicking on the X axis labels and choose Format x axis, Number and select hh:mm. You can also reduce the font size. 50 variables seems a lot for a chart though. I did not get this problem with a few data points. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >How come...when I create a chart with 2 variables??? > >One of my variables ...

Turn off attachment printing?
I am using the quick print button in the toolbar to print an email with an attachment. When I do this (it's an excel sheet), the email prints and then automatically prints the excel sheet as well. I would like to turn this off with the quick printing as the excel sheets are not generally formatted the best way for printing. Is there a way to prevent attachments from printing automatically when using quick print? I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 with Windows XP professional In Outlook go up to: File>Print. There is a check box under the "Print Options" section th...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

3 password failures in RMS 2.0 sp2?
Hi all, This seems to be a simple issue but I cannot find the answer to this one. We have a client who is upgrading to 2.0 sp2 and they want to set logins to 3 failures. I believe 2.0 defaults to 6. Where are the settings for this? Thank You. ...

archiving #2
Can someone share the process for archiving Exchange mail messages and then how to restore them? Thanks ...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

word document, 2 column, repeat data in column 1 on all pages, us.
I would like to create a letter template, 2 column format, where column 1 information is repeated on all pages (similar to a header/footer), and column 2 would contain narrative data. As paragraphs are written and the first page is filled, the narration would continue onto page 2, in column 2. Put the "column 1" information in a text box or frame anchored to the header. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Stumped" <Stumped@d...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

Rule: Reply using template... Reply-to is NOT used. It is replyed to the sender
When setting up a rule, which replies certain mails, Outlook is sending it to the SENDER of the mail, and not using the reply-to field set in the mail GRRRRrrrr. I�m using the rule in combination with a FrontPage form which sends a mail. The sender of the mail is always the webserver, so I set the reply-to field to a email address entered in the form. Any way to get around this problem? ...

Camera Photo Attachment
In Outlook 2002 when I receive an e-mail with a jpg camera photo attached the attachement does not appear on the incomming e-mail. The size of the e-mail file in the inbox view indicates the KB are there but there is no photo. If I forward the e-mail, the photo file is listed in the Attachment box and by double clicking on the photo file the picture appears. How can I get the photo attachment to appear on the incomming e-mail? The photo extension is not one that is blocked by Level 1 security of Outlook. ...

Outlook converting attachments to notepaid with zip.txt extension
Our office just upgraded to Outlook 2003. When I send an attachment, if it is a large attachment, it gets converted to a notepad document and re-identified as "ATTACHMENT_OR_CONTENT_BLOCKED [original name of document].doc.zip.txt" This has happened with a Word document and a PDF document. The recipient is unable to open the document. I have sent the document to myself so I could see what the problem is and when I try to open it, it opens in notepaid and there is a message on the first line which states "05/25/2004 15:33:03 Original attachment [original name of docu...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...

Reply Issues
I am having an annoyance in Outlook 2003. Whenever I reply to a specific person Outlook is formatting my text with double spacing. When I enter a carriage return it doubles, but wordwrapped text is not doubled. Is there a way to fix this? It only happens with one specific member of my address book. are you using HTML formatted messages and do they use a web account? If so, use shift-enter, not enter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Reply to All includes me
Hi. We recently moved Exchange mail organisations and have been getting an annoying problem since the move. In Outlook, if I click 'Reply to All' on an e-mail sent by someone outside of our mail organisation the e-mail generated includes my address in the To list. This doesn't happen for internally generated e-mails. I have done some testing and re-installing Outlook doesn't fix this issue, nor does removing the services and profile. Formatting the computer and installing Outlook from scratch does fix it. Therefore, the problem is with the settings on the comput...

Automatically saving file attachments
I am currently scheduled to receive an email every morning to my exchange mailbox that has a file extract attached to it. Does anyone know of any way (rules?) to have the attachment automatically saved to a specified UNC path? I know SMTP, this is not the most optimal way to transfer data but I'm looking for a quick workaround until our network FTP issues get ironed out. Thanks ...

Outlook 2K and replies...
OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives a copy of his reply. This does not happen to any other user to whom he replies. It is ONLY when he replies to this one particular person that he receives a copy of his own reply. Any ideas on this? Thanks Cliff Check rules, and the properties of the account. Is it happening on all emails he replies to? "Cliff" <cliff@crpoe.com> wrote in message news:uK4%23kaBeFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives > a copy of h...