Replying to emails in Access

This is a combined issue between Access and Outlook.

I am trying to have visibility to emails that my staff write in
response to documents received.  All the information about the
documents is housed in an Access database.

Because the emails usually go from the user's account, and replies are
sent back to the same person, I have no visibility to what's being said
(other than the physical emails sitting in the user's account).  I'd
like the users to start writing their emails through a utility in
Access.  I know how to set up a form and have a send button that using
MAPI will send an email to the person.  I can then capture the
pertinent data in the database (i.e. to, cc, subject, body)

Where I am struggling, is how to allow a user to respond to a reply
that they receive for an email they sent through this same Access form.

For example if their initial email to the stakeholder asks them a
question, and they receive a response back, I want them to be able to
respond back to the stakeholder from Access and pull in the to, subject
and existing body of the response they received so that their response
back the stakeholder contains all of the history on the email.
Basically, I want it to work like just pressing reply in Outlook.

I hope this all makes sense.

Any idea?

0
sgberger (5)

Routing Emails
I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? Help us to understand the Excel issue with this. "pungster" wrote: > I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but > that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? This is option is removed from Excel 2007 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53309A6D-2DA2-4311-9C93-...

Express downloads all email accounts
Express insists on downloading emails to other user accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use the same pop3 account, but are unique within that account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micr...

Can't Access Settings
Howdy, My user account is checked off as everything in roles in CRM. We're still a little new to CRM so I wanted to make sure I got to see everything. For a while I've been able to do what I need in Settings, but now when I click on Settings I only see a custom list I created. There is no Business Unit Settings, Templates, Org Settings, Etc. I double checked my account using the administration login and I am still a Sys Admin. Whats going on? -- David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com www.delphi-ts.com Might it be possible that you did modify the sitemap? Also, try to acc...

is there a way to get number of "objects" in a Access db?
I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way to monitor the object count so I can prove or disprove my suspicions. DaBears - This will cound all the objects in the MSysObjects table. Obviously, don't mess with the system tables... SELECT Count(MSysObjects.Id) AS CountOfId FROM MSysObjects; -- Daryl S "DaBears" wrote: > I have a mdb with a large number of forms open at the same time. I think I > might be hitting the 32768 object limit. Is there any way ...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

changing the name of a stored email
i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate emails in each. I now have my fax's sent directly to my inbox but the 'From' shows something like "CLI not available" demon fax number etc. How can i cahnge this to something usefull such as "Problem 1" or "Spec.67" Right clicking on the mail does not give me the option to rename it. (only sub-folders can be renamed) colin dore <colin dore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate > emails in each. > I now ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Multiple access denied
Using Access 2000. I notice when I try to work on a Data Access Page and try to save that work I constantly get messages that my work cannot be saved and am offered to save the html with a new name. Well I noticed that a temp page is made in the folder where the access database is. Now you would think that if I close out any work on the Data Access Page that the temporary html would disappear. But that is not the case. The only way for that temporary html to disappear is if the entire database is closed. Now that is NOT a good Access design characteristic is it? The point is that once the work...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Access denied when attempting to transfer .pst data!!
I am in the process of transferring my .pst data from my old computer (Windows Vista) which is on my external hard drive to my new computer (Windows 7) and I am using Outlook 2007 on both computers In Outlook, when I go to import the data using the wizard, I receive a message that says that "access is denied". I have used help and it advises me to show hidden folders & files which is already set up to do that, but nothing changes. I am already using Outlook on my new computer and I have also tried to copy & paste the data into the same folder on my new comp...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

how do I open a spreadsheet that has been emailed to me?
My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can not figure out how to open it! Help please! Shari: If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can get the viewer here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B785BE-95A9-4EC9-8557-8700363C6925@microsoft.com... > My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can > not figur...

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS* #2
Hello, The Problem (Multi Processor only): This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the system. When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage of a console window causes the console window to not respond. I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION all is well, events are coming. When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different codepage than the default one, the window stops responding. >From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the SetCo...

how difficult is it to fake an email address and email headers?
Hello, I would like to know how difficult is it to fake an email address and the informations in email headers such as the originating IP address? Best regards. Thousands of spammers do it with millions of messages every day.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "hba2pd" <hba2pd@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1170031214...

problem sending email
i can receive but send returns the email undeliverable 473 xxxx@xxxx.net relaying prohibited. you must authenticate first. i have tried authenticating the outgoing with passwords, turning off the antivirus email scanning, reloading the entire program, reloading antivirus program, etc... i am using outlook 2002 and i do have msn messenger. outlook is set for email. i do not use msn messenger for email. i have tried setting up msn for email and still haven't been able to send emails in outlook. if i send an email to a computer that is on the server that we use, they go thru. i...

Microsoft Outlook Connector
Hello, Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! Am the only one impacted by this problem ? Steve. I don't use the connector/hotmail, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the connector? "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NqNvAI5KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. > Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! > Am t...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

Outlook 2007 Wont Send Email
Oddest thing. On some messages when I reply, the message will go into the outbox and quickly change from italicized (send queue) to regular type face (in draft mode and not sending.) When I click send again it becomes italicized for a split second and then goes into the draft mode. I can't explain what is going on and why it affects some messages and not others. I have to recreate the message and sometimes it works and other times the same thing happens. Anyone have this weird behavior? Are you in the outbox when this happens? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Porems...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Can't send Email inside domain using Workflow rule
We are using CRM 3.0 and we have setup a workflow rule that sends emails to our sales guys when an opportunity is closed (lost). However when we tested the rule, the owner of the opportunity always got an email saying.... Undeliverable:Opportunity Lost Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. < <our CRM server> #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused> We tested the rule by changing the recipient of the message to be...