REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME
ANSWER.  LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO
ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE
DISTRIBUTED TO ALL.  POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003

"SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME
> ANSWER.  LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY
> ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE
> DISTRIBUTED TO ALL.  POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003

A)  Stop typing in all caps.  It looks like shouting.
B)  Create a rule that will reply to all messages with a template, that
template being the message you want to send.  Do not turn the rule on.  Do
not run it against all the messages in the folder.
C)  Copy the messages you want to reply to to a new, temporary folder.
D)  Run the rule against that folder.

If all the messages would fit under a specific rule condition, you could
easily drop C and just make the rule recognize that message.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
9/13/2007 12:18:14 AM
"SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE
>SAME
> ANSWER.  LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON
> REPLY TO
> ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT
> WOULD BE
> DISTRIBUTED TO ALL.  POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003

Ow, my ears hurt (from your yelling).
Ow, my eyes hurt (from all caps).
Yelling gets you ignored, not more attention.
Bye.
Come on back when you decide to behave like an adult.

In the meantime, read:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

VanguardLH (155)
9/13/2007 12:42:46 AM
Actually I think Sally would have to copy all of the messages she does NOT
want to respond to to a temporary folder and run the rule on her Inbox.  I
don't believe Outlook 2003 will let you run rules on subfolders.  Then
again, it's late and I'm tired.

It would be interesting to know if Sally can identify some word/phrase or
other characteristic about these messages that causes them to warrant the
form reply and then create the rule that does so.

Alternatively it's not that hard to create a template of text and just reply
to each message with that template.  Yes, it's a few extra steps but at
least she doesn't have to retype the message each time.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"F. H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME
>> ANSWER.  LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON
>> REPLY TO
>> ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD
>> BE
>> DISTRIBUTED TO ALL.  POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003
>

> A)  Stop typing in all caps.  It looks like shouting.
> B)  Create a rule that will reply to all messages with a template, that
> template being the message you want to send.  Do not turn the rule on.  Do
> not run it against all the messages in the folder.
> C)  Copy the messages you want to reply to to a new, temporary folder.
> D)  Run the rule against that folder.
>
> If all the messages would fit under a specific rule condition, you could
> easily drop C and just make the rule recognize that message.
>
> --
> f.h.

0
bens1 (1425)
9/13/2007 8:26:24 AM
VanguardLH <VanguardLH@mail.invalid> wrote:

> Come on back when you decide to behave like an adult.

Just a little too harsh.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

How many nested IF's???
could you have in an IF statement? here's what I got and I know, its rediculous..... =IF($AM$3="Final", SUM(H10:J10,L10:N10,P10:R10,T10:V10,X10:Z10,AB10: D10,AF10:AH10,AJ10:AL10,AN10:AP10), IF($AI$3="Final", SUM(H10:J10,L10:N10,P10:R10,T10:V10,X10:Z10,AB10: D10,AF10:AH10,AJ10:AL10), IF($AE$3="Final", SUM(H10:J10,L10:N10,P10:R10,T10:V10,X10:Z10,AB10:A D10,AF10:AH10), IF($AA$3="Final", SUM(H10:J10,L10:N10,P10:R10,T10:V10,X10:Z10,AB10:A D10), IF($W$3="Final", SUM(H10:J10,L10:N10,P10:R10,T10:V10,X10:Z10), IF($S$3="Final", SUM(H10:...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

merge results of many records on one page
I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report writing tool. I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail merge from Access or Excel as the data source. Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with a ..5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34. With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text box top and bottom margin to zero. Do some experime...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Is there a way to count how many of each entry I have in a column?
Can someone help me? I opened a spreadsheet of servers, users, and software versions and need to generate a list that only tells how many users are on each server. Basically, I want to generate a list of how many server entries there are, since the servers are next to every user that should tell me how me how many users are on each server. For example: server a server a server b would become server a 2 server b 1 Thanks. Ed Hi Ed, Assuming that your list is in Column A, enter your list of servers in another column, say Column C, enter the following formula in D1 and copy ...

multiple one to many
I have a database with multiple tables that are populated with a form with subforms. Basically I have Table A with a record ID field that has a one to many relationship with two other tables (Table B and Table C). I am trying to run a query (for a report) that will show the record ID (and other fields) from Table A with each of the many corresponding fields from the other two tables. But I don't want the info from Table A showing up repeatedly in my report - just once. How can this be done? TIA Papa J First do the query, and don't worry about 'repeating'...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

Rule: Reply using template... Reply-to is NOT used. It is replyed to the sender
When setting up a rule, which replies certain mails, Outlook is sending it to the SENDER of the mail, and not using the reply-to field set in the mail GRRRRrrrr. I�m using the rule in combination with a FrontPage form which sends a mail. The sender of the mail is always the webserver, so I set the reply-to field to a email address entered in the form. Any way to get around this problem? ...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...

Reply Issues
I am having an annoyance in Outlook 2003. Whenever I reply to a specific person Outlook is formatting my text with double spacing. When I enter a carriage return it doubles, but wordwrapped text is not doubled. Is there a way to fix this? It only happens with one specific member of my address book. are you using HTML formatted messages and do they use a web account? If so, use shift-enter, not enter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Reply to All includes me
Hi. We recently moved Exchange mail organisations and have been getting an annoying problem since the move. In Outlook, if I click 'Reply to All' on an e-mail sent by someone outside of our mail organisation the e-mail generated includes my address in the To list. This doesn't happen for internally generated e-mails. I have done some testing and re-installing Outlook doesn't fix this issue, nor does removing the services and profile. Formatting the computer and installing Outlook from scratch does fix it. Therefore, the problem is with the settings on the comput...

Outlook 2K and replies...
OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives a copy of his reply. This does not happen to any other user to whom he replies. It is ONLY when he replies to this one particular person that he receives a copy of his own reply. Any ideas on this? Thanks Cliff Check rules, and the properties of the account. Is it happening on all emails he replies to? "Cliff" <cliff@crpoe.com> wrote in message news:uK4%23kaBeFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > OK, I have an unusual situation...when user 1 replies to user 2, he receives > a copy of h...

On Reply to/Forward to
Hi Outlook2007 SP3 when replying/forwarding a message sometimes the icon with the purpul/blue arrow is not showing... we have removed the mailbox and reinstalled - no change we have removed profile and reinstalled - no change we have cleared all views - no change we have moved the icon column to be 3rd like Outlook2003 - no change we have downgraded the SP to SP1 - no change Does anyone have an idea how to get the icons back so i'd know if I replied/forward this message??? With Outlook closed, rename the outcmd.dat file, see if that helps. "Anat" <Anat@discussions.micr...

Bare LFs when using bulk email / reply from CRM client.
Hi, We have an issue where the bulk email or replying to an email using the CRM client causes some emails to be rejected by mail servers due to CRM not properly terminating strings with a CRLF. Instead, on occasions, the emails end up having just an LF which some mail servers will reject (http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html). This does appear to be a known issue with CRM 3.0. I have an EmailCallout DLL that will rewrite messages to replace any bare LFs with the correct CRLF. However when I try it I don't see any improvement. Below is the callout.config.xml file I have written. Is it ...

Stationary lost on replies & forward
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have created my own html signature file which includes one graphic, text and a included style sheet. This is saved under signatures. When I write new e-mails, everything is OK. BUT, when I reply to a mail message or forward it, the image as well as the effect of the style sheet are missing. I have chosen this signature for new mail, as well as the ones I reply to and forward. How can I fix this? -- Regards, Deon H Not sure about this one but could it be that you're replying to Plain Text email items which wouldn't by nature carry your graphic signta...

Outlook 2000 reply issue
Hi, I wonder if anyone have encounter this. When a user reply email, it always send out a reply quickly. Thanks, Yvonne Like send immediately is enabled? Does new mail send as quickly? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Unable to forward or reply to a message opened in web outlook
I can open a message but when I attempt to reply or forward it, it diaappears. I recently upgraded to Windows XP. ...

Outlook adding a background on replies
I have a user running Office XP on a Windows XP. When she replies to incoming email, Outlook is adding a background, a very faint checkered format with very light blue lines. You can ahrdly see it, but it is there. Also, her signature text gets added, but in a very light color of yellow. I have changed everything possible that addresses default text color and font. She definitely does NOT have any background image configured within Outlook. And yet it persists. I read somewhere else where the problem may be with using Microsoft WORD as the email editor. I did a search of the Outlook newsgro...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

550 error received when replying to message sent to me
Hello. I own a small business and correspond to folks in regularly in the US, Canada and UK. I received an e-mail a week ago from a person in France asking about our shipping costs. Her e-mail id is xxxxxxxx@wanadoo.fr . I did a simply reply and the mail bounces back with ....while talking to smtp.wanadoo.fr: >>> RCPT To:<xxxxxxx@wanadoo.fr> <<< 550 <xxxxxxxxx@wanadoo.fr>User Unknown 550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxxxxx@wanadoo.fr>...User Unknown I have tried sending my response at different times of day. I have tried not using "reply" and just typing a...