reply to mail list only.

One feature, I'd love to see is a way to reply to mail lists only.  The only
way I can see to do this is to reply to all and delete all but the mail list
address.  Is there a slicker way to do this?

0
rlfrank (16)

No incoming mail on Outlook Client
I need some assistance as I am unable to get incoming mail. Can you help me get incoming mail to work - perhaps I have configured Outlook incorrectly? Please bear with me as I am just starting out with Active Directory/Exchange server/Outlook and this posting is long as I have given all the details of setup. Active Directory and Exchange was set up by someone else. Configuration ========== ISP: bigpond.com.au MX - mail exchange record points to my server Mail account: accounts Domain: vh.local Website: www.vh.com Server Windows 2003 service pack 1 Exchange Server Active Directory IP: 192...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Problem with including CRM attributes in E-mail template hyperlinks
When an email template is created, there is no way of linking the attribute value and having that entire URL exist: 1) If you type out the beginning URL (ie: http://domain/org/leadid=) and insert the attribute value {!Lead:Lead ID;}, the beginning URL is highlighted, but not the attribute value. 2) If you type out the beginning URL with an extra 'x' (http://domain/ org/leadid=x), insert {!Lead:Lead ID;} between / and x, and use the delete key to remove x: the whole URL is highlighted, but when the email is sent, the incorrect hyperlink is being used. (Displays as http://domain/org/l...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Migrating E-Mails from Goldmine
I am trying to migrate e-mails from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 using the data migration framework. In Goldmine, e-mail body is stored in a field called RFC822 in table MAILBOX. The RFC822 field is a 'text' field. In CRM 3.0 DMF, I need to insert the e-mail records in the cdf_EMail table. The RFC822 Golmine field needs to go to the 'Description' field in cdf_EMail (this is an ntext field). I am using INSERT INTO ... SELECT FROM kind of statements to select the necessary fields from Goldmine that need to post in cdf_EMail. The problem is with the RFC822 field. If i run the DMF data mi...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Get Appointment alert by e-mail
How can you get appointment alert by e-mail You'll need to use a utility. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_reminder.asp for a list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/show...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

importing address list from outlook express
I am trying to import the contacts in Outlook Express into the address book in Publisher 2002 to use in the Mail Merge feature. But,in Mail Merge, "Select recipients from Outlook contacts," when I click on "choose contacts folder," I get this message: "unable to obtain list of tables from the data source." Any solutions? TIA After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dale <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to import the contacts in Outlook Express into > the address book in Publisher 2002 to...

e-mail account #3
I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. Can anyone tell me what to do next? MC wrote: > I set up my hotmail account as an e-mail account on Outlook. When I > press Send/Receive it tells me I have to subscribe to this service. > Can anyone tell me what to do next? Subscribe, possibly? Unless you have a legacy Hotmail account, you cannot use any mail client unless you have a paid-for service. "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3C974F8-EE86...

Maintaining the existing e-mail address
I would like to install a second Exchange server at a different location where an Exchange server does not currently exist. I would create an RG, new Store, etc.; then move existing molboxes to that server. My question is... If possible, who would you maintaining these existing users e-mail address, I do not wish to have the users change from *@domain.com to *new-location.domain.com. All comments appreciated... You don't have to change email addresses. If the servers are in the same Exchange Organization (same AD forest), which is what you'll be doing, Exchange will look up A...

me@mail.com; smith,patti ; you@mail.com
I have a field with me@mail.com; smith,patti ; you@mail.com Im interested in pulling the smith,patti only. I tried numerous criteria in my query but can't seem to get it. Such things as: Like (";"(*,*)";") ....but just cant figure it out. or go the other way and pull the @ entries: Like ";*@*.*;" .....but that wont work for me either Anyone got any suggestions? Thanx! On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 21:40:48 GMT, "Shamrox" <u39813@uwe> wrote: >I have a field with >me@mail.com; smith,patti ; you@mail.com > >Im interested in pullin...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Exchange log files and GFI mail archiverproblems
I am evaluating GFI Mail Arcvhiver with our Exchange 2003 server and running into problems. Basically, as soon as I enable the Mail Archive service, I have a huge increase in the # of transacation logs, enough of an increase that within an hour a few gigs of diskspace have been consumed. I would like to use the GFI product, but don't want to enable circular logging. No one at GFI has been able to help me on this and I have to think that it is something I have to be overlooking. Any ideas? On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 04:56:03 -0700, "Fred Weymouth" <FredWeymouth@discussio...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

add text to cell by clicking a choice in drop down list
I have made a drop down list in excel. When I click on an option I want the text to be added to another cell, so you in that way can choose several options from a dropdown list and have them all displayed in a cell just next to the list. I guess there is no way to do it :( ...

Outlook 2003, Cannot Send to a Specific E-Mail Address...all others Work
A friend of mine is using Outlook 2003 When he sends e-mail to an account he knows exists (its his work e-mail) using Outlook 2003 from his home e-mail (a comcast.net server), it eventually times out. The message is still in the outbox and Outlook keeps on trying to send it until I press cancel. he can send e-mail to anyone else both at work and my personal addresses. I can send him e-mail at his work address from my comcast.net address. My log file appears below (long listing) I think the relevant lines are: 2005.08.21 20:42:56 SMTP (smtp.comcast.net): [tx] MAIL FROM: <*****> 2005...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

OT: Corporate Name Change History List?
Seems like there ought tb a government list somewhere that lists OldCorporationName|NewCorporationName. My agenda is that a service bureau is sending us a list of corporations that engage in activities that are proscribed by certain funds that my client manages. They look to the list before buying into certain funds. There's a problem however. Corporations change names and the service bureau only does current names. Yet there is still debt trading out there under various old corporate names. e.g. Philip Morris has changed it's name to Altria. "Altria" is, indeed,...

Block Sender List #3
Greetings Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some function call to access the Block Sender list in text format, ultimately to be captured into an excel spreadsheet? I have a list of Block Senders that I wish to check and sort, in excel or a text file. All I can find is the graphic window which does not help much but look at it . Thanks in advance "Barry Fawthrop" <barryNOSPAM@ttienterprises.orgINVALID> wrote in message news:9EtRb.126808$I05.2401937@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Greetings > Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some f...

Rule: Reply using template... Reply-to is NOT used. It is replyed to the sender
When setting up a rule, which replies certain mails, Outlook is sending it to the SENDER of the mail, and not using the reply-to field set in the mail GRRRRrrrr. I�m using the rule in combination with a FrontPage form which sends a mail. The sender of the mail is always the webserver, so I set the reply-to field to a email address entered in the form. Any way to get around this problem? ...

Mail #7
I have an email account that I have added to my accoutns. I cannot recieve any mail sent to that email address but I can send mail from it. I think it may have something to do with msn and outlook. Please help I need to get my mail!! Do you have the right POP3/IMAP/HTTP server configured? Are te username and password correct? What error does Outlook give you? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed w...

How to view videos from e-mail
I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ones I can't open give me this message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set association control panel." Does any one know how to fix that. Thank You I would suggest that you have not got the software on your computer. Eg 'Real Player', 'Windows Media Player' etc.etc. "Daddygetalong" wrote: > I try to open some of the e mail videos I receive and some don't open. The ...