Reply Message Has Paperclip But I Sent No Attachment

Today I sent an e-mail to Couric and Co.  I received a response very
quickly, which surpised me as I had e-mailed beffore and never heard.
So I responded back and thanked them for prompt response and commented
aboutt alack of response earlier.  Responder said that my e-mails come
in with a paperclip and they normally delete those automatically, but
he was bored today.  Can't blame them for that.  I sorted my inbox
(Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server) by clicking on  the paperclip.  I
found his reply and one other e-mail showing a paperclip. No
attachments though on either.
Is this something weird with Exchange or do I have a secret rider
somewhere?

0
pjam (4)

Test Message
3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM Test reply "Someone" <x@y.com> wrote in message news:uVle%23ZDzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > 3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM Test "User1" <User1@notreal.com> wrote in message news:eANo26mzKHA.6112@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Test reply > > "Someone" <x@y.com> wrote in message > news:uVle%23ZDzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > 3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM > > ...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Message Rules in WLM
I used to be able to put rules for incoming mail in outlook express. When I moved to WLM it imported all those rules, but I do not see where I can add more in WLM. I want to filter messages in the subject line and from that subject line move to a folder. Was no issue in outlook express. How do I do it in WLM. I am using WLM Build 14.0.8089.0726 with Windows 7 32bit. Looking all over in WLM on where to do this. Can't seem to find it. There is no "tools" menu. Thanks. It is the same as OE. Tools | Message Rules | Mail | New. Don't see the Menu Bar? Click o...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Spoofed messages
Hi Over the last few days we've been receiving huge amounts of mail from spoofed addresses such as... admin@mydomain.com service@mydomain.com mail@mydomain.com register@mydomain.com I've enabled sender filtering on the SMTP virtual server and have added the addresses so they are dropped. Is there a better way of doing this without manually adding each and every address? TIA KIWI Hello again If all my users connect to my exchange server using Outlook or OWA, am I correct in assuming that all inbound SMTP email with a FROM address from mydomain is forged? If that is the ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

error message after install office 2008 mac
After install is complete get this message " There is a problem with the office data base. Office might not be able to access the database or data base file might be damaged.....To rebuild the data base open MS Office 2008/office and then open MS database utility. For more info open the data base utility application and on help menu click database utility help". MY PROBLEMS ARE I do not know where or how to find MS OFFICE?OFFICE or MS DATABASE UTILITY etc. And after you tell me WHERE to find them, what do I do next? THANK YOU July 8 4:40 PM EST ...

Outlook Express 6 & Binary File Messages
Hi, I have a question for the group. When using OE 6 to read binary messages in NG's that have multiple posts that have to be joined together in order to view the image (.jpg, .gif, etc.), why are only the second or third parts only shown. In other words, if you see in a message post that would normally show extensions like (1/2, 2/2 etc.), how come only the 2/2 or however many parts there are show up instead of complete post messages. Do I need to adjust any settings or is this a problem with the news server that the message posts are sent to ? I'm running Win XP...

Messages Not Saved to Drafts Folder (but to INBOX folder)
The "solution" (XCLN: Messages Not Saved to Drafts Folder" (MS Knowledge Base 247813)) merely states that MS Outlook's default is to save messages every 3 minutes to the Drafts folder! As the subject heading of this MS KB 247813 states, however, the problem is that messages ARE NOT being saved to the Drafts folder! The "solution" to my reading seemingly ignores this and offers no "way around" or correction of the problem. This sort of response in MS "Help" is so frustrating. It seems so patently obvious that the "solution" ...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Account-settings? Where to define the signature and reply issue
Hello all! I am used to Eudora, but moved over to Outlook 2002 recently. I have multiple e-mail accounts which I use often. There are two issues I have: 1. Where can I define which signature to use for a specific account? This is normal Eudora stuff, but Outlook only seems to know one default signature. 2. How can I setup Outlook so it automaticly uses the account a message was sent to when replying. Now it allways uses the default account, whatever the account was the original message was sent to. (So for instance, if my default e-mail account was me@home.ok and I want to replay a mess...

Rule: Reply using template... Reply-to is NOT used. It is replyed to the sender
When setting up a rule, which replies certain mails, Outlook is sending it to the SENDER of the mail, and not using the reply-to field set in the mail GRRRRrrrr. I�m using the rule in combination with a FrontPage form which sends a mail. The sender of the mail is always the webserver, so I set the reply-to field to a email address entered in the form. Any way to get around this problem? ...

Email message has 2 different email address from sender field
Hi, When I perform a search under message tracking in exchange, I seem to have 2 different email address from the sender field. When I click the search by the server on a particular date, it return me the message with sender from aaa@aaa.com. However when I click search based on server and the selected user it return another sender email address with abc@abc.com. Both results is the same email message. Does anyone have any idea as to the reason on why a particular email has 2 different senders? Thanks. newbie. ...

Lebans print to pdf question: Send pdf via email attachment from Access
I downloaded Steve Lebans print to pdf module (excellent work!) and would like to have the ability to send the pdf as an email attachment via command button from open form. I would also like the pdf to bear the name from a "field name" on my open form. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Best regards, Brent beltex63@gmail.com Lebans' Report to PDF will already handle you passing the desired file name for the PDF. In the call to print the PDF, use the "field name" on your open form to build the path for the PDF. You could then probably use the sendobject to cr...

The Operation Failed message
I had Outlook 2003 installed on my PC but I uninstalled it and installed Outlook 2002. Now when I click on the Send/Receive button, I get this message: 'The Operation Failed' I click on OK and the window goes away but I don't get any messages. I've removed my email account in Outlook. I created a new .pst file. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2002. All with no luck. Any ideas? Matt, you wrote on Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:39:57 -0500: > I had Outlook 2003 installed on my PC but I uninstalled it and installed > Outlook 2002. Now when I click on the Send...

Camera Photo Attachment
In Outlook 2002 when I receive an e-mail with a jpg camera photo attached the attachement does not appear on the incomming e-mail. The size of the e-mail file in the inbox view indicates the KB are there but there is no photo. If I forward the e-mail, the photo file is listed in the Attachment box and by double clicking on the photo file the picture appears. How can I get the photo attachment to appear on the incomming e-mail? The photo extension is not one that is blocked by Level 1 security of Outlook. ...

Multiple independent addresses 1 message
How can I send 1 prepared email message to all addresses in a group so it appears they are the only recipient in the "To" box? Not sure what you mean by "group," but that would require a mail merge to electronic mail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Yogi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186a301c44a7b$7e79f090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I send 1 prepared email message to all addresses > in a group so it appears they are the only recipient in > the "To" box? ...

Outlook converting attachments to notepaid with zip.txt extension
Our office just upgraded to Outlook 2003. When I send an attachment, if it is a large attachment, it gets converted to a notepad document and re-identified as "ATTACHMENT_OR_CONTENT_BLOCKED [original name of document].doc.zip.txt" This has happened with a Word document and a PDF document. The recipient is unable to open the document. I have sent the document to myself so I could see what the problem is and when I try to open it, it opens in notepaid and there is a message on the first line which states "05/25/2004 15:33:03 Original attachment [original name of docu...

Out of Office restrict replys to contact list
It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the contact list? We would like to turn on out of office reply to people outside our organization, but would liketo restrict it to only people in our contact list. At present we have a rule setup locally on the users system, but would like to have a company wide solution. Thank you On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It there a way to restrict out of office reply to only recieptants in the >contact list? > >We would like to turn on out of office reply t...