Reply/Forward emails go into the Inbox and not to the Sent box.

Hi

I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:

1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email into
the SENT Items box
2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email into
the INBOX box.

This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!

This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with OE
and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.

Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for this
in the new Outlook.

Thanks

Don S.

0
dis9331 (16)

Is the following option selected for you;
Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options-> button Advanced E-mail Options->
In folders other than the Inbox...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
> Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:
>
> 1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email
> into the SENT Items box
> 2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email into
> the INBOX box.
>
> This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!
>
> This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with
> OE and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.
>
> Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for
> this in the new Outlook.
>
> Thanks
>
> Don S.

0
Roady
10/26/2009 9:39:20 AM
Hi Roady

You are GENIUS --- I unchecked the "in folder other then....."  and voila
...... I get the Sent items into my Sent box.
The wording and intent of this line is confusing.
Glad someone understand the genius of Microsoft.

Thanks again ... it was driving me nuts.

Don S.

message news:eOOr4AiVKHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Is the following option selected for you;
> Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options-> button Advanced E-mail Options->
> In folders other than the Inbox...
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
>> Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:
>>
>> 1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email
>> into the SENT Items box
>> 2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email into
>> the INBOX box.
>>
>> This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!
>>
>> This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with
>> OE and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.
>>
>> Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for
>> this in the new Outlook.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Don S.

0
dis9331 (16)
10/26/2009 9:02:08 PM
You're welcome! :-)

--

> Hi Roady
>
> You are GENIUS --- I unchecked the "in folder other then....."  and voila
> ..... I get the Sent items into my Sent box.
> The wording and intent of this line is confusing.
> Glad someone understand the genius of Microsoft.
>
> Thanks again ... it was driving me nuts.
>
> Don S.
>
> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:eOOr4AiVKHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Is the following option selected for you;
>> Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options-> button Advanced E-mail
>> Options-> In folders other than the Inbox...
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
>>> Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:
>>>
>>> 1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email
>>> into the SENT Items box
>>> 2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email
>>> into the INBOX box.
>>>
>>> This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!
>>>
>>> This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with
>>> OE and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.
>>>
>>> Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for
>>> this in the new Outlook.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Don S.

0
Roady
10/27/2009 10:45:59 AM
I just got Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 and this issue started happening to me but only for my Gmail accounts.  It does not happen on my Yahoo account.  Help!

> On Monday, October 26, 2009 2:46 AM Don S. wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
> Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:
>
> 1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email into
> the SENT Items box
> 2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email into
> the INBOX box.
>
> This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!
>
> This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with OE
> and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.
>
> Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for this
> in the new Outlook.
>
> Thanks
>
> Don S.

>> On Monday, October 26, 2009 5:39 AM Roady [MVP] wrote:

>> Is the following option selected for you;
>> Tools-> Options-> button E-mail Options-> button Advanced E-mail Options->
>> In folders other than the Inbox...
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----

>>> On Monday, October 26, 2009 5:02 PM Don S. wrote:

>>> Hi Roady
>>>
>>> You are GENIUS --- I unchecked the "in folder other then....."  and voila
>>> ..... I get the Sent items into my Sent box.
>>> The wording and intent of this line is confusing.
>>> Glad someone understand the genius of Microsoft.
>>>
>>> Thanks again ... it was driving me nuts.
>>>
>>> Don S.
>>>
>>> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in

0
bluybella (1)
8/3/2011 9:28:06 PM
GMAil is weird in how it handles messages plus Outlook's feature to Save
sent items with the original when not in the inbox seems to cause
problems in Outlook 2010 when you use multiple accounts.

Look in File, Options, Mail - about halfway down is the Save Messages
section. Is Save sent items with the original selected?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 8/3/2011 5:28 PM, blu bell wrote:
> I just got Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 and this issue started happening to me but only for my Gmail accounts.  It does not happen on my Yahoo account.  Help!
>
>> On Monday, October 26, 2009 2:46 AM Don S. wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I just completed a long session with the Outlook Connector experts from
>> Microsoft Support and this is what I was told:
>>
>> 1.    Sending a new message from Outlook will post a copy of the email into
>> the SENT Items box
>> 2.    Sending a "reply" or a "forward" will post a copy of the email into
>> the INBOX box.
>>
>> This is how my Outlook 2007 behaves!
>>
>> This sound mighty weird and not logical.  In my previous experience with OE
>> and Outlook, a copy of everything I sent went to the SENT Items box.
>>
>> Please confirm that this is the "design" intent and there is no fix for this
>> in the new Outlook.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Don S.
>

>>> On Monday, October 26, 2009 5:39 AM Roady [MVP] wrote:
>
>>> Is the following option selected for you;
>>> Tools->  Options->  button E-mail Options->  button Advanced E-mail Options->
>>> In folders other than the Inbox...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>>
>>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>>
>>> -----

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Download mail and forward to a public folder
Good morning, I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail downloaded to a public folder. I thought to use POP3 connector however how can i send mail to public folder? I tried to set internal Prova@net.local...if I use outlook to send mail it works. If I use pop3 connector it dosn't work. Why? Please...help me Thanks Claudio On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:52:46 +0200, "Burini Claudio" <Info@NoMail.com> wrote: >Good morning, > > I need to download a POP3 external account and forward the mail >downloaded to a public folder. I though...

Routing Emails
I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? Help us to understand the Excel issue with this. "pungster" wrote: > I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but > that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? This is option is removed from Excel 2007 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53309A6D-2DA2-4311-9C93-...

Express downloads all email accounts
Express insists on downloading emails to other user accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use the same pop3 account, but are unique within that account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micr...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

Rotating text in a Text Box
Good afternoon. I inserted a bracketed built-in text box, and would like it to appear along the left edge of the paper. I can rotate the text box, but the text stays in its original position - how do I rotate the text so it reads from bottom to top instead of left to right? Use the Text Direction command. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Hopeless" <Hopeless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC10C68-9A2B-4B60-9B74-B8A8088115D5@microsoft.com... > Good afternoon. I i...

changing the name of a stored email
i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate emails in each. I now have my fax's sent directly to my inbox but the 'From' shows something like "CLI not available" demon fax number etc. How can i cahnge this to something usefull such as "Problem 1" or "Spec.67" Right clicking on the mail does not give me the option to rename it. (only sub-folders can be renamed) colin dore <colin dore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate > emails in each. > I now ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

How to block a MAIL FORWARD RULE
Hi all, I found that some users in my organization are seting a rule to forward all the incomming mail in his mailbox to a extarnal mail provider account like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. Is there any way to block this server based rule ? I know that if this rule is at client level (outlook) there is nothing I can do to block the rule, but the rule that my users are using is a server based rule that works when they are not using any client...... so ... does any one knows how to block this rule? Thanks & regards !! BRINO! BRINO wrote: > Sorry.... It was a kid's question !! ...

[IGNORE] Sorry! I sent this to the wrong group!!
I hate stupidity. Most of all, my own. Feel free to flame me if you think I need to atone for my wrongs. :) "John Ruiz" <no_email@provided.com> wrote in message news:... PRE-SCRIPT: This has ASCII diagrams. I built them using a fixed-width font, so looking at them in a proportional font may make my pretty drawings quite ugly. GIVEN: ROOT | |----NODE 1 | |----NODE A | |----NODE B | |----NODE 2 | |----NODE C | |----NODE D - Built by stepping through Schema and building TreeNodeSrc XML String. WHAT I WANT: ROOT | |----NODE 1 |----NODE 2 - Built by stepp...

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

Comment Box #2
Hi, (Excel 2002, Win XP) Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not show the User name at all in the comment box? I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options but it then defaults to User as defined in Windows. Tx, S Hi See Debra's tip http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > (Excel 2002, Win XP) > Can I set up Excel so that whe...

Modeles dialog box
I have a modeless dialog box in an sdi application. the cursor shape changes to hourglass and then to the default pointer. I have the following questions- 1. How can I locate the dialog box at the center of the screen? 2. How can I control the mouse shape - I want it to be always default pointer? Thanks Marom 1. Use MoveWindow. 2. Sounds like some code is setting the mouse shape. Normally, this doesn't happen automatically. Step through and see if you can determine when it gets set. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Marom" <m...

Combo box to find records
Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. I have a form and wish to find records using a combo box. Which I know how to do. The problem is it takes me to "one" record. I would like to select, for example, employee name: John Smith and it return all records for John Smith while filtering out all other records. I would be thankful for any help. Thanks, Michael On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:24:04 -0800, Michaelchessking <Michaelchessking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. > >I have a form and wis...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Picture frame box
Hi there, I've just upgraded to publisher 2007 and i'm having trouble getting to grips with it, the main problem being the lack of quick and easy way of adjusting the frame around a picture. On publisher 2000 i'm sure there was a button you clicked and the frame shrunk down to the size of the image. The only way i've found of doing this is on 07 is by manually changing the frame by editing the wrap points. This is very time consuming when you have a lot of pictures to change. Oh wise oracle please show me the error of my ways. Thanks in advance Paul wrote: > Hi the...

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

Microsoft Outlook Connector
Hello, Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! Am the only one impacted by this problem ? Steve. I don't use the connector/hotmail, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the connector? "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NqNvAI5KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. > Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! > Am t...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

Outlook 2007 Wont Send Email
Oddest thing. On some messages when I reply, the message will go into the outbox and quickly change from italicized (send queue) to regular type face (in draft mode and not sending.) When I click send again it becomes italicized for a split second and then goes into the draft mode. I can't explain what is going on and why it affects some messages and not others. I have to recreate the message and sometimes it works and other times the same thing happens. Anyone have this weird behavior? Are you in the outbox when this happens? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Porems...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Can't send Email inside domain using Workflow rule
We are using CRM 3.0 and we have setup a workflow rule that sends emails to our sales guys when an opportunity is closed (lost). However when we tested the rule, the owner of the opportunity always got an email saying.... Undeliverable:Opportunity Lost Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. < <our CRM server> #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused> We tested the rule by changing the recipient of the message to be...

Automatically selecting email account
I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one for personal. Both are= = configured in Outlook 2003. My contacts list contains a number of busine= ss = contacts (category =3D "Work") and a number of personal contacts (catego= ry =3D = "Personal"). Is there a way to automatically use the appropriate email = account according to which person I am emailing? I mean that the moment Outlook sees a contact in the "to" field who is = assigned to the "Work" category, it uses the business email etc. I don't want a business contact to see my pe...