Reply email address addded to personal address book

Hi all, when I reply to an email from someone that I have
never recd mail from before their email is added to my
address book automatically. I would like to stop this.
Articels that I have read say this can be turned off
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options.
3. Click to de-select the Automatically put people I reply
to in check box
I don't have option 3.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
0
anonymous (74725)

What version of Outlook are we talking about?

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
"stacey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, when I reply to an email from someone that I have
> never recd mail from before their email is added to my
> address book automatically. I would like to stop this.
> Articels that I have read say this can be turned off
> 1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
> 2. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options.
> 3. Click to de-select the Automatically put people I reply
> to in check box
> I don't have option 3.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks

0
Roady

Routing Emails
I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? Help us to understand the Excel issue with this. "pungster" wrote: > I have the new office 2007 and our company requires us to route emails but > that option doesn't seem available? am i just not seeing it? This is option is removed from Excel 2007 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53309A6D-2DA2-4311-9C93-...

csv linked file doesn't add to the same numbers?????
Hi, I have a linked cvs file that when I do a sum in access I get a different answer than when I open the csv file and so a sum on the column. Can anyone explain why this is happening. Please show us the SQL statement that you are using to get the sum. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. If you are doing something else to get the sum, please tell us. Are you opening the csv file with Excle or some other method? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. &q...

Express downloads all email accounts
Express insists on downloading emails to other user accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use the same pop3 account, but are unique within that account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micr...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

DDX Code not generated by Add Member Variable Wizard
I am trying to understand DD Added an editor control (IDC_EDIT1) to Dialog Box, the used Add Member Variable Wizard to define m_Test as a variabl As I understand it, AMV Wizard should generate DDX cod (e.g. DDX_Text(pDX, IDC_EDIT1,m_Test) etc For some reason, DDX code is not being generated Is there something I need to enable in project/dialog/or other propertie in order for AMV Wizard to autogen the DDX code Thank Joh No, it should work. There may be some corruption in your .clw file. I would delete that then open the wizard again. This will prompt you to rebuild it. HTH -- ======...

changing the name of a stored email
i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate emails in each. I now have my fax's sent directly to my inbox but the 'From' shows something like "CLI not available" demon fax number etc. How can i cahnge this to something usefull such as "Problem 1" or "Spec.67" Right clicking on the mail does not give me the option to rename it. (only sub-folders can be renamed) colin dore <colin dore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i use the cabinet to create project folders and store appropriate > emails in each. > I now ...

Search function inoperative in Entourage address book
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342799543_1520007 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit My search function is no longer working in the Entourage Address Book. Initially, large sections of my contact list would simply vanish, allowing me to scroll through long lines of blank space. After rebuilding my database, contacts don�t vanish but the search simply doesn�t do anything. If I type in the �Name Contains...� search...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

emails
every time i try to open my outlook express it comes up with an error The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D any ideas i am not sure what to do Hi Lynne, 1. you won't get a reply here, post OE questions to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress 2. in tools - accounts - mail - your mail account - properties - servers you specified a wrong POP3 server. You typed &#...

emails received
I received an email from someone and it keeps sending me 100's of copies of the same email from the same date and time. My inbox is no longer getting my normal emails and I've tried blocking this person but it still sends the emails. When I click on send and receive is says retrieving message 1 of 16 but only one message comes in (the junk one) and then an error message appears saying: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.telus.net&...

transferring address book from outlook express on one computer to.
i want to copy my address book from my main computer to my laptop. i was using outlook express and now am using outlook 2003. So how did you back up this address book and in what format is it now? Have you already transferred this data to Outlook Express? That would be the first step you would need to take. Once you do, you can import into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "milpj4" <milpj4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DFDA41-1120-4701-9DBB-60754473C9E5@microsoft.com... >i want to copy my address book from my main computer to my laptop. i ...

Email Setup?
We may have missed a step in connecting our CRM 1.0 server and Exchange 2003. We are in the process of setting up CRM. We create an email activity and try to send it but get the message "an error occurred ... contact your system administrator". In the event log on the CRM server we get the message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP st...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Linking to email...
I want to be able to automatically create an email with an attached text file. I don't necessarily want to link to Outlook, rather just whatever email software they use. I have tried a ShellExecute using "MailTO", but that won't allow an attachment, so I tried the following code, but simply nothing happens! The following code appears to run OK, all pointers look valid and the message box pops up at the end saying email sent, but nothing arrives. Here is the code I have tried: ======================= char* logPathName; logPathName = filePath.GetBuffer(0); MapiFileDesc attach...

Exporting a Global Address Book?
Is it possible to export a Global Address Book into a csv format? If so, how is this done? Thanks --- Jay Wilson ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

CRM address book in Outlook

how do I open a spreadsheet that has been emailed to me?
My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can not figure out how to open it! Help please! Shari: If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can get the viewer here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B785BE-95A9-4EC9-8557-8700363C6925@microsoft.com... > My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can > not figur...

how difficult is it to fake an email address and email headers?
Hello, I would like to know how difficult is it to fake an email address and the informations in email headers such as the originating IP address? Best regards. Thousands of spammers do it with millions of messages every day.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "hba2pd" <hba2pd@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1170031214...

problem sending email
i can receive but send returns the email undeliverable 473 xxxx@xxxx.net relaying prohibited. you must authenticate first. i have tried authenticating the outgoing with passwords, turning off the antivirus email scanning, reloading the entire program, reloading antivirus program, etc... i am using outlook 2002 and i do have msn messenger. outlook is set for email. i do not use msn messenger for email. i have tried setting up msn for email and still haven't been able to send emails in outlook. if i send an email to a computer that is on the server that we use, they go thru. i...

Microsoft Outlook Connector
Hello, Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! Am the only one impacted by this problem ? Steve. I don't use the connector/hotmail, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the connector? "Steve" <svaardt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NqNvAI5KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Outlook Connector has stopped picking up emails for me. > Had I not gone into the web interface I wouldn't have noticed the problem! > Am t...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

Outlook 2007 Wont Send Email
Oddest thing. On some messages when I reply, the message will go into the outbox and quickly change from italicized (send queue) to regular type face (in draft mode and not sending.) When I click send again it becomes italicized for a split second and then goes into the draft mode. I can't explain what is going on and why it affects some messages and not others. I have to recreate the message and sometimes it works and other times the same thing happens. Anyone have this weird behavior? Are you in the outbox when this happens? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Porems...

Postcard merge 4 addresses for 4 postcards per page?
I am doing a 2 sided postcard Merged to over 300 addresses. I printed a ton of just the first side, and wanted to merge page 2 where the address info would go. the merge worked but instead of only printing the page with the merge info it printed both sides, so I ended up alternating with a good page of four diff address postcards, and then a page with four postcards with only the front on both pages. When I tried deleting the first page to prevent this from happening, the Merge started printing the same address 4 times on each page. Any way to get this to work so it will print multip...