replace search

want to replace this search engine
http://www.searchwww.com/ with msn searc, please help with
how to...
0
anonymous (74721)

Help with searching
I am having my first go at building a database and need some help with using search functions. My database has around 600 records, each of which describe an inventory item. These items are split into groups such as pedestrian mowers, mini tractors, chemical equipment etc. There is another field which lists the unique inventory number for each item. What i would like to do is to have two drop down menus. The first would list all the groups. By selecting the group you wanted it would then bring up all the relevant inventory numbers. Ideally by selecting the correct inventory number it wou...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

POS help search
F1 help on MBS POS does not seem to have a search feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e35696b-4692-4b3f-a700-2a804bf8c1e4&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Searching Public Folders #2
I am trying to search a public folder which is a calendar using words that are in that folder, for example if I had appointment for company 123, I would search for 123 and it would come up with all the appointments. Now my questions are: Can I do that on a public folder that is a calendar without having full-test indexing turned on? Can I do it with the oulook find feature? I have tried that and it will only return back, active appointments and not all of them, most of the times it finds none. Can it search from a top level folder? So if I had 5 calendars underneath a folder would i...

How do I replace just a few characters?
Hello, I have an excel worksheet with a street name column. I need to rename some names from "Main Street" to "Main St". I can do it for one name easily with find and replace, but how do I make it work for an entire column of different names such as "Easy Street" and "Main Street". If I do find "* Street" and replace with "* ST" I get "* ST" for the output instead of "Easy ST" What am I missing? -- Tomsriv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tomsriv's Profile: http:/...

Directory Search
I have inherited a program that processes all the files within a directory. The following is an extract from the directory search code: CFileFind finder; CString strSearch; BOOL bWorking; strSearch = m_strFilePath + "\\*.*"; bWorking = finder.FindFile(strSearch); while (bWorking) { bWorking = finder.FindNextFile(); } How do I change this to search by creation/modified date instead of alphabetically? windsong wrote: > I have inherited a program that processes all the files within a directory. > The following is an extract from the directory search code: > ...

Preserve the initial scope of a selection on a search operation and re-use it later
Dear Experts: For some specific reasons I am using the Selection Object for a search operation. below macro searches for two or more consecutive tab stops. The trouble is, if an occurrence of two consecutive tab stops is found the initial selection is reduced to the length of the first occurrence. Is it possible to preserve the initial selection and re-activate it after the first occurrence of two or more consecutive tab stops? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Selection.Find.ClearFormatting Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatt...

VBA to find filename and replace
Hi I just found the answer to "Find and Replace in VBA" and tried to adapt it for what I'm doing, but it's more difficult so I need some help please. I have multiple worksheets in an excel 2007 workbook - a monthly report. Within the worksheets I have many cells that link to last months workbooks - (i.e I compare last month figures to this months figures). I need the macro to do the following: - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name ofTHE OLD months workbook" - Create an Input box for the user to "enter the name of THE NEW mont...

Replacing Character
I need to replace/delete the " >" character at the end of a number... when the data was brought into the excel 1234> was the number that cam it happens in about 7000 lines any suggestions on how to replace it with a blank?? thank -- tico31p ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tico31pl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1040 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46572 Select the range to fix. Edit|Replace what: " >" (without the quotes with: (leav...

Replacing A Column Of Numbers
Hello, New user of Excel 2007, and Excel in general. Should be simple, but I just can't figure out how. Have a column of numbers in Column A In Column B (row 1)I have the formula of what's in A (row 1) multiplied by 1000 And I have dragged this formula downwards, so I now have in each row B what is in the same row in Column A multiplied by 1000. So far, all is fine. Now, I want to replace what's in Column A by the newly generated values in Column B (row by row replacement) I can't just Cut out everything in Column A, as B then disappears, as, I'v...

searching for hidden cells?
Is there a quick and easy way to find (or otherwise highlight) all the hidden rows and columns within a workbook? I inherited a workbook with 70+ worksheets and I just realized that the previous user hid some of the cells with obsolete data, instead of deleting them. I'd like to eliminate all the hidden data, but I'm hoping that there's a quicker way than paging through each worksheet and manually looking for missing rows or columns. Thanks, Matt I think that it would be easier to do this: Edit--Go to--Special, choose Visible cells only, hit OK. Now format them all with yellow f...

Find / Replace
In a field, I would like to update all instances of "Daily Billing" to "Rental Payment - Daily Billing". The Replace function works the first time, but when I add data to the file, and run the query again, it updates the fields which have already been upated to "Rental Payment - Rental Payment - Daily Billing". I can see why it is doing this, but is there a way for the update query to look at just the first 11 characters of the field and only perform the update if it finds the "Daily Billing" text there? Thanks. Use "Daily Billing" as ...

using smart replace with replace
Hello there when u run replace(Field, 'abc', 'def') it replace any text in field who have 'abc' no metter what is before and after the text But if i want to replace 'abc[', 'abc', 'abc def', 'abc def', 'abc.def' ext.... and not replace 'abcd', 'abc_def' is there a way to do this? Is that what you are looking for? UPDATE my_table SET my_column = REPLACE(my_column, 'abc', 'def') WHERE my_column IS NOT LIKE '%abcd%' AND my_column IS NOT LIKE '%abc_def%' ...

search after values
Worksheet nr1 haves values by days and reasons. Line 1 Left Fight Top Bottom Centre And this for 6 lines and a total overview. each day in a new column of course Worksheet nr 2 must search after values by special lines or data selected by hand. Par example: What are the numbers for 15 may 2005 and for line 4? Ho can help me? I' m from Belgium, and hope you all can understood my "English" ...

Replacing an OLE picture's picture property
I've been designing a catalog for my home movies. When the user uses a dropdown down menu, selects the title, it reads a synopsis and image name to display for that movie. Its an OLE picture object , but each time a new movie is selected, the code inserts another image (doesn't replace the existing image). My problem is that I can't figure out how to access the .picture property of the OLE object. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Availab...