repetitive windows update

Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from
several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable
to install as "unable to find the related product".
Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ?
I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no
result!
Thanks
Manlio

Viewing in separate windows
How can I open multiple excel files and view them all at once? Currently I can only view them one at a time in the same window. It's under window>arrange, then select how you want to arrange all open workbooks Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Starblazer" wrote: > How can I open multiple excel files and view them all at once? Currently I > can only view them one at a time in the same window. Open all your files then click Window in the menu and select Arrange... choose from Tiled, Vertical or Horizontal layouts hope this helps. Nadia "Starblazer" wrote: > H...

Reminders Window
Is there a way to sort the your reminders in the Reminders window by the Due In date, so the oldest due in item shows first? "CMcWilliams" <CMcWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A979344-656D-4D80-B05D-F33DE8F1B1DF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to sort the your reminders in the Reminders window by the Due > In date, so the oldest due in item shows first? As far as I can tell, the Reminders window is not configurable. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Windows XP startup page hangs
When booting up my PC the XP banner screen comes up and hangs there. It will not go ahead and come to a full desktop page. This only happens when I completely shut down my PC and then restart it later on. If I leave my PC on all the time I do not not have a problem. Do you folks have any suggestions how I can cure this problem? Thanks for your help. Pete, the next time this happens restart and tap F8. If you get a Menu select Safe Mode. If XP loads Ok, do a system restore. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Go back a week or so if possible...

SBPS_NOBORDERS ignored by status window panes when using CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007?
Hi, Removing borders from status window panes does not seem to work when CMFCVisualManagerOffice2007 is active. I'm not sure if this is by design (however odd that could seem) or simply a bug in FeaturePack. Has anyone come up with a workaround? Thanks, Bogdan ...

Increasing window size
When I go from my desktop to my internet homepage (yahoo), I sometimes get a small window , and sometimes get a whole-page size window. I prefer the whole-page size without having to click that middle restore button on the upper right-hand corner of my screen everytime I go to my homepage. First, what are the names that describe the smaller size window, and the larger one? Is that what a thumbnail is? Second, I must presume there's a setting somewhere, where I can toggle the whole-page size preference when I go from my desktop to homepage. Can you tell me if there is, an...

Unread Messages view doesnt update??
Hello, Im using O2K3. I really love the interface improvements, but theres one thing i find annoying about the Unread Messages folder. If im in that folder, and turn a message "read" (either by replying or by Alt+Q) it doesnt disappear from the view. To get the real contents of the view, i need to click on a different folder, then click on the UM folder again. Is this the way it is supposed to work, because its a real pain. TIA - - Arthur Dent. ...

Window Hooks
Hi ! I have already setup WH_CALLWNDPROC and WH_CALLWNDPROCRET hooks for selected thread. Same thread window having child windows that also created by the same thread. Now i need the hook for every window. But it is not possible with setwindowshookex because it is accepting only threaid. But how Spy+++ having the option of all child windows etc ? windows of same thread ??etc.. how spy++ hooks the windows in nested level ? I need the suggestion/solution for this. I need to implement in our project. If possible explain with sample code will help me lot more. -- WM_QUIT RLN I think You nee...

Window Mail
Please help me to set up Windows Mail to retrive my gmail account I got lost... This newsgroup is for technical discussion of, and questions and answers about, Microsoft Access database software. More than likely, if you lost your account or password, you'll need to contact gmail directly. If your question deals with how to enter account and password information into Windows Mail, you should seek a newsgroup or online forum that deals with Windows Vista or Windows 2010. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "Jabez" <olena.jabezfurniture@gmail.com> ...

Outlook 2000 + Windows Xp on 2000 domain
I have one user who has WinXP installed on his laptop. He has Outlook 2000 connected to an exchange 5.5. When logging into the network the logon script runs and maps various network drives. However when logging into Outlook he gets the exhcange login box. (Username, Domain, Password.) The exchange setting in his profile is set to NT Password Authentication. The account is not locked on the server. If you enter the same details that were used to log into the laptop Outlook will open and get connected to the exchange server. I cannot find anything on the internet about this problem if an...

Subtotal doesn't update
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have a spreadsheet with subtotals on and we have a problem inserting new rows. I thought that when a row was inserted above the subtotal row, the subtotal would update automatically - but it doesn't. Basically, we need to add news rows on a regular basis above the subtotal row and update the subtotal. This is what we want to happen - Before 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 4 7 9 (Subtotal) After 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 0 0 2 (new row) 4 7 11 (Subtotal) Hope this makes sense! How can we get the subtotals to update e...

repetitive mail
hi i'd like to send the same e-mail to the same recipients weekly. is it possible to do this in outlook 2003 thanks andy ...

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Missing windows
Hi Can anyone let me know what I have to do to get the windows back that show's the cell reference for where you are. This has gone missing along with the window that's used to type the formula into Sorry to be a pain on a triviality, but I can't find the answer anywhere TIA Steve View>Formula Bar The cell reference "window" is called the Name Box. Also, you can type formulas into a cell, not only into the formula bar. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:29:57 -0000, "Steve" <sr2000{at}talk21{dot}com> wrote: >Hi > >C...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

having trouble with windows mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'Foreverzetaclassy@live.com'. Subject 'Application Data For Mental Health Worker', Account: 'pop3.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Pr...

Syntax for If statement in After Update Event
I currently have an After Update event that fills the subject line on a form control. Now I need to add another control [Partner] whose value, if filled, will be incorporated into the subject line. If it is not filled, the value from another control [State] will be incorporated. [State] will be the control that is most often filled, so [Partner] will be the Else. Here is the current code: Me![Identifier] = [TicketNum] & " - " & [State] _ & " - " & [ReceivedDate] & " - " & [txtDescriptionText] I have receiv...

Application Window Size
I have a database which has the facilty to open another mdb and then open a specific form. I have used the 'CreateObject("Access.Application")' method. It runs fine, but the application window opens in reduced size. The only code examples I can find to maximize the application window is by using the Shell command. Is there another way of maximising the application window? Many thanks Ian King Using the ShowWindow API function is one way. Paste the following into a standard module in the app to be opened: Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32"...

OSX Update
Hi all Apple has released an update for OSX that will take it to version 10.3.8 It includes enhanced support for third party applications, improved display drivers and security updates. If you are having trouble with Office it would be worth installing the update. Run Software Update from the Apple menu to install. Tom Dyer Beng (Hons) Tom Dyer <tom@tomdyer.co.uk> wrote: > Hi all > > Apple has released an update for OSX that will take it to version 10.3.8 > It includes enhanced support for third party applications, improved display > drivers and security updates. ...

Recovery Method- KB977165 Can/May/Will Cause BSODs for Some Windows XP Users
New Patches Cause BSoD for Some Windows XP Users http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/ BLUE SCREEN, UNABLE TO BOOT AFTER WINDOWS XP UPDATE TODAY http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1/ ============================================================================================ A workaround to remove KB977165 and a method to mitigate the vulnerability this update addresses has been posted in the above Windows Update forum by Kevin Hau of Microsoft: " Hello Everyo...

Windows 7 problem
I have a block of code in VB 2008 application which works fine on XP and doesn't work on Windows 7 Ultimate: 'strSourse contains the full path to the file located on the server If Not (System.IO.File.Exists(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")) = True Then MsgBox("InitialData file on the Server was not found. Report to your Administrator", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "File not found") End Else file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt") tmpstr = file_reader.ReadToEnd() array...

Custom window attributes
I am attempting to set my main window (MFC generated) with certain attributes. Here is the list. 1. Borderless 2. No title/caption bar 3. No resize 4. No taskbar button So far, I have the border down to almost nothing, but as soon as it is resized, it appears (once the scrollbars appear). TF ...

Windows Mail w Windows 7
Poczta systemu Windows, nast�pca Outlook Express, jest klientem poczty e-mail w Windows Vista jak i w Windows 7. http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ "HP" <p.wilczewski@interia.pl> wrote in message news:%23UnbCIikKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Poczta systemu Windows, nast�pca Outlook Express, jest klientem poczty > e-mail w Windows Vista jak i w Windows 7. "Charles W Davis" <newsgroup@anthemwebs.com> wrote in message news:D4DEB457-B5EC-4053-8BAD-789DB62C14E3@microsoft.com... > http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-U...

IMF not updating (HELP!!!)
Our server running SBS2003 w exchange SP2 had IMF v2 that should update. I set the reg key "ContentFilterState" to "1" and restarted the SMTP service and the server also. Ran auto updates (custom mode)- no luck with finding an update for the IMF. Can they be downloaded from another server? Is there any settings I missed? Please HELP Jon gruber - MCP Make sure you are using Microsoft Update and not Windows Update. http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intellig...

How to set inbox as default window
In outook 2002, how do you set the inbox as the default window that opens? (Instead of the calendar) Thanx, Jake Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. When starting Outlook, start in this folder - set your folder from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jake <jzeller@dowco.com> asked: | In outook 2002, how do you set the inbox as the default | window that opens? (Instead of the calendar) | | Thanx, | Jake On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:31:46 -0700, &q...

Windows Media Player in Windows 7
With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie with subtitle correctly. With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without subtitle. What is the Problem? Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415 Best regards and thank you for your answers. Curious Hi, Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista. No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) y...