Repair PST file in Outlook

Hi
I have spent hours and hours to solve this problem:
My PC broke down and I had to repair the outlook 2000 pst-
file.
Ewerything seemed to work just fine when repairinh. I was
told that most messeges were repaired, Whe I imported the
mail-folders it also seemed to be just fine BUT ALL
IMPORTED FOLDERS WERE EMPTY. I did watch the import-proces
and I'm sure that a lot of mails were im fact imported
(names were shown). Also when a folder contained many
mails it took quit some time to import.
the "new" pst file were app. the same size before and
after repair.
I have followed the instructions from the knowledge base -
but I can find nothing about my problem (empty folders)

This is driving me crazy so please help

Poul, Denmark

0
pirt (1)

Excel file association
Hi, I am still unable to open the file from explorer/shortcut after trying these (by the way - thanks) ================================================== Mj wrote: > > unable to open xls file from shortcut or explorer > > will only open from withing excel > > I have changed the options / general / ignore other apps > > still the same issue > > thanks in advance ========================================================== Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Butt...

Outlook 2010 Beta Error
I keep having problems with emails that have attachments, and it doesn't matter what type of attachment. Tells me that olmapi32.dll is incompatible with microsoft outlook. How can I correct this? I tried to open my previous version of 2007 outlook, but when I did the upgrade that dropped the 2007, unless I delete the 2010, which I don't want to do. What can I do now? -- Thanks Mark Because this is a beta, you should post in the beta forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010/threads "MarkNewman77" <MarkNewman77@discussions.microso...

Unable to delete file
Win XP Pro SP3 I downloaded a data file which I knew was a picture. Copied it and changed the copied file extension to jpg so that I could see it. I now cannot delete the original file. The properties of which say : Type of file: File and Size : zero bytes The error says "cannot read from the source file or disk" The filename ends in a dot which seems to be significant, why is this and how can I get it off my desktop. Google did not reveal anything specific. I actually struggled to form a sensible question ! TIA "joe" <joe@ebox.com&...

Outlook
I cant scroll the preview pane with the wheel, even though it has focus. Is this a feature or is something somewhere not optioned? What version of Outlook? What type of mouse are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Magellan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6c4601c4942b$94931bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cant scroll the preview pane with the wheel, even > though it has focus. > Is this a feat...

how to aviod outlook pst file created locally? #4
I am using postfix as MTA and storing pst file on server. But everytime there is a network problem (ie. disconnect), outlook will create a new local pst file(coz it can't find the network path to the pst file). Because of that i had to manually go to reconfigure the default delivery to the correct path (after network back on line). I just want to know if there is a way to aviod outlook to not create a pst file while user still able to open outlook? Or is there a way to allow outlook automatically look for the pst on network (when LAN connection resotre)? Its a pain to manually re-configur...

#value appears when file sent to another user
I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external workbooks. When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value error, however when I open the file I don't get this error. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it? Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Each recipient will have to make this change. simmerdown wrote: > > I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file wi...

Solution to Problem with Outlook Today no saving settings
Several people here seem to have the problem I had with Outlook 2003, which consisted in Outlook not saving the chosen theme (you pick a custom theme, save your settings, go to another folder, go back to Today and the standard theme is back) and not showing any images in the Today page. Since there are as of now no postings which provide the solution to the problem, I'll report what I read in the german Outlook newsgroup and which worked for me: 1. Right-click on Outlook Today in the Folder Pane 2. Click on "Properties" 3. Select the "Homepage" tab 4. Hit the ...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Outlook repair
I have Office 2000 on my computer and the Outlook application ahs been damaged when a virus invaded my machine. As a result, I am not able to use the email portion of Office which would be very helpful to me. As an alternate, I have been using Netscape. The Office SW was loaded on my computer by my previous employer. When I left that company, I requested that I be given my computer and the related SW. I have a signed note from the CEO transferring all the hardware and SW to me. However, I do not have the CD to reload the Office SW to repair the damage portions. Is there a way t...

Outlook .pst and backing them up
I'm so confused after reading everything about .pst files and backing them up. I need clarity please. I had 1 pst and just did an archive - so then I had 2 files. I renamed the "archive" to something else, like a read somewhere and that left me with 3 files. I have my .pst set up to get email from 2 different companies I work for and have a bunch of subfolders for each to organize the email. Should I have TWO .pst files, one for each? Or should I keep what I have but archive them separately? Can I do that? How does that work, will they end in blocks...

Duplicate Files Created
Have a user who is working on a spreadsheet. When she saves her changes, and exits out of the spreadsheet, it creates a duplicate file. It is an unassociated file, but it does open with Excel. Are you sure it's an exact duplicate??? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blame...

Outlook error #4
We are running Exchange 2000 in our domain, and when we take one of our domain controllers off line, Outlook 2002 stops retrieving mail, and complains that it is unable to retrieve mail from the domain controller (which has never been a mail server). There are now MX records pointing to the domain controller as a mail server. Any ideas about a cause or resolution? ...

outlook signatures: how to keep it resident in Exchange?
Our users use Outlook to connect to the Exchange 2002 server across a LAN. Is there a way to keep a user's Outlook signature resident in Exchange so that I won't have to set up their signature when I setup their Outlook profile on their machine for the first time. ...

excel file can't be opened #2

.pdf file not working in UserForm
SITUATION: want to place a .pdf file in a UserForm so when a user clicks a CommandButton in a worksheet, the UserForm comes up displaying the .pdf file and the user can scroll through the pages. WHAT’S BEEN DONE: 1. UserForm3 created. 2. Adobe AcroPDF1 control inserted/confirmed in UserForm – from Toolbox. 3. CommandButton1 inserted in worksheet. 4. The following code inserted in Module1 [thanks go to Jacob Skaria on MSDN]: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "S:\.........\DTM-09-007.pdf" [the ...

Play sound
I have an office 2003 workstation - sound in general works on this system. However I have Outlook set to play a sound under options advanced e-mail options. However a popup comes up but no sound. What is the file it should play? Thanks Strangely it does play occasionally - although not always - it sometimes occurs for exchange and sometimes for Internet - it is set for REALLY loud so it isn't a matter of me not noticing the sound. "ayz" <any@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#31ONXgaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have an office 2003 workstation - sound in g...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

PST file won't open #2
I reformatted my hard disk and saved (exported) PST files before doing so - but now office 2003 won't reload the PST folders on my CD rom. I saved them first to the desktop of course. Outlook tells me the file is not a personal folders file even though I can see the PST extension. It simply refuses to open the old files even though I composed them as an exported file from outlook 2003 before reformatting the HD. I tried pstscan.exe and various proprietary recovery tools with no help. I am running win XP as well. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks - F Did y...

outlook.pst file size
Hi Folks, I am having trouble deleting things from Outlook 2000. If I look at my Outlook.pst file, the size is 1,329,856 kb (pretty big!?). If I move some sent items to a folder on another drive - say I move 40 megs of files, check the Sent Items folder and confirm that they are gone, check Deleted Items and make sure that they are not there. Log out of Outlook and back in and look at my outlook.pst size, it does not change - still 1,329,856 kb! It continues to grow with every email that I send and receive. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help. Ken Peoples Best regards, Ken...

Outlook In Box
My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the app the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere to keep Outlook from deleting automatically? You want to check your Views, ie all mail as apposed to unread mail Outlook doesnt delete msgs (on its own) "JohnCBD" <JohnCBD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C0F61BD-9E69-470C-9898-72E49F939709@microsoft.com... > My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the > app > the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere ...

How big is your money file?
Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not go over? Tod DeBie wrote: > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not > go over? My current is about 10 meg. I suggest you may want to archive some of the older data as Money does slow down with larger files. -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit My file is about 50Mb. I have not found a compelling reason to archive. -- "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uIadnRGTE_ZYzQbfRVn-uA@comcast.com... > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is th...

Outlook 2000 SP3 Word 2000 SP3 and Mail Merge
Can anyone explain why the security warning appears when I'm logged into Profile A and perform a Mail Merge but when I switch to Profile B in Outlook and perform a Mail Merge I do not receive the security prompt. Its my understanding that I sahould always get the security prompt when I perform a mail merge. Clifton Slater <Clifton Slater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone explain why the security warning appears when I'm logged > into Profile A and perform a Mail Merge but when I switch to Profile > B in Outlook and perform a Mail Merge I do not receiv...

How do I decrease the file load time in Publisher 2002?
Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an integrated video card. NexusITG <NexusITG@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a > 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an > integrated video card. a) Create smaller files b) Copy the files to your local disk and edit them there. Opening Publisher files across a LAN connection is a recipe for disaster....

Defeating Outlook 2007 pop-up re Business Contact Manager
Hi, I have a friend running Windows Vista Business and Microsoft Outlook 2007. Opening Outlook brings up a pop-up "wizard" asking whether whether my friend wished to initiate installation of Business Contact Manager. My friend doesn't want to install this feature and does not want to be constantly asked about his wishes in this matter. Is there a Registry script that he might be able to download and apply to disable the pop-up? Is there a more suitable approach? Thanks in Advance, Richard Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Business Contact Manager for Office = Outlook...